Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 10,291 through 10,320 (of 12,965 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Does Arizona stand a chance against the Rams? #35032
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I appreciate the title of this thread. AZ stand a minimal chance of victory and Arians will be complaining about his old QB getting hit by the Rams.

    Rams 17
    AZ 14

    That would cost the rams a top-ten pick.

    You must be a Raiders fan.

    w
    v

    My fan agent wants me to explore free agency.

    We’ll franchise you. You are stuck with us.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Does Arizona stand a chance against the Rams? #35025
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I appreciate the title of this thread. AZ stand a minimal chance of victory and Arians will be complaining about his old QB getting hit by the Rams.

    Rams 17
    AZ 14

    That would cost the rams a top-ten pick.

    You must be a Raiders fan.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Rothko in Iran #35021
    Avatar photowv
    Participant
    in reply to: Foles before and after GB #35018
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Yeah, I look at it the same way.

    I thought the GB gaame kilt him.
    And I dont thin Bradford would have
    survived it. Foles has a very
    tough body.

    But now that I’ve seen him in action a lot
    I want an upgrade at QB. I dont want them
    to settle on a Pre-GB-Level Foles.

    I hope they keep drafting QBs high,
    midde and low unti they find something
    better. Assuming Mannion is not ‘the guy’.

    I think our biggest disagreement is on Greg Robinson.
    You seem to think “he’ll be fine” and I seem to think
    “no, he wont”.
    w
    v

    in reply to: Tyrann Mathieu of the Cards #35017
    Avatar photowv
    Participant
    in reply to: Does Arizona stand a chance against the Rams? #35014
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, of course not, but there are probably other opinions.

    Well, I’m curious about this game.
    On the one hand, its a division game and the Rams
    usually do ok in those. And its at home.

    On the other hand the Rams are in total-meltdown-mode.

    It will come down to Gurley, I think. Their only chance
    is if Gurley can consistently run the ball.

    I’m going with:

    Rams 14
    Cards 28

    w
    v

    in reply to: Podcasts 11/30 JT and Howard #35012
    Avatar photowv
    Participant


    Mark Schlereth just goes off
    about the Keenum concussion situation

    …i dont blame Fisher for what happened btw.
    I think he just didnt see/understand what
    happened to Keenum

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Podcasts 11/30 JT and Howard #34995
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Howard and Frank see it very differently. Frank wants to argue with Howard. It’s funny.

    It is almost like a comedy routine, with Frank using all the bad internet arguments.

    I cant listen to Frank. I stopped listening to him a while back. I dont mean to be
    mean…but he seems really dim-witted to me. And he doesnt listen. And he has
    no clue how to ask follow up questions. And he doesn’t know how to do an interview.
    I think he must be related to the station owner er somethin.

    w
    v

    in reply to: RamView, 11/29/2015: Bengals 31, Rams 7 (Long) #34966
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    PS — Mike, any thoughts on Mannion? Should he play more?
    Any point in that?

    w
    v

    in reply to: RamView, 11/29/2015: Bengals 31, Rams 7 (Long) #34965
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    …fine, but
    just dont say the Turkeys
    didn’t give Effort. 🙂

    w
    v

    in reply to: Six teams with three wins or less #34961
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    December sweeps in,
    With cold winds and Rams draftniks,
    Seeking better days.

    ———————

    Jeff Fisher, stone faced.
    Ask about effort today,
    And kiss Fisher’s ass.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Six teams with three wins or less #34960
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    LoL. Ag, you have a diabolical mind.

    w
    v

    in reply to: How far away is this team ? #34959
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    But, it doesn’t matter anyway: The only thing the owner is interested in right now is how he can get out of St. Louis. I wouldn’t think he’d change the head coach or GM until after he can make a move.

    I think you’re correct on 2 points:

    1) That was Stan’s M.O. in Denver with the Nuggets… kept George Karl for about 10 years… i think Stan likes stability at HC.

    2) I think he likes Fisher to help manage a potential move like Fisher did when he replaced Jack Pardee in Houston when the Oilers moved to Tenn…..At this time, Stan’s priority is his potential real estate empire in LA to attract furture $$$$$

    Jeff Fisher doesn’t cut it as a head coach in the NFL…..

    Well George Karl was a highly regarded coach if I recall correctly
    wasn’t he? He was an excellent coach.

    w
    v

    in reply to: How far away is this team ? #34956
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    They need mid-grade QB play. That and some health should be enough to get to 10.

    They should be able to keep most of the components of the defense together with their salary cap space.
    I’m assuming they get improvement out of half of all the olinemen they picked up the last two years.

    To get to more than 10 I think they’d also need one really good, legit WR.

    QB is an imperative.

    I don’t believe the QB or the wr are currently on the roster.

    Maybe they can trade one of their seconds for someone’s number 2 QB. Whose got a good one?

    —————————–

    One of things that is SOOO disappointing iz…
    Fisher was set up to succeed. I posted about that back
    when Spags was jettisoned. Fisher had Quinn and Long
    and cap space and he had all those high picks from the RG3 trade.

    They made critical mistakes with Finnegan, Cook, Jake Long, Britt,
    and not drafting or signing a top WR and not drafting a QB behind Bradford,
    etc, and so forth.

    Thats one view.

    The other view is, every regime makes personnel mistakes
    and it was an annual InjuryFest that derailed Fisher’s Rams
    the last three years. Just awful luck. Bradford, the OLine, etc.

    I dunno.

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: How far away is this team ? #34952
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    .. the problem is that they need to draft LT, QB and WR all high, and might need to draft CB high, too, with JJ’s contract coming due.

    And, even if they could draft all of those positions, and hit on every pick, I’d say that this offense wouldn’t reach its potential for a couple more years…

    Well they do have three picks in the top forty-five or so, at the moment.

    Haf ta hope the Eagles keep losing.

    w
    v

    in reply to: How far away is this team ? #34931
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    They need a legitimate LT for one thing, to settle the line. And they need a legitimate QB.

    Does that get done next year?

    I doubt it. I hope so, but who knows?

    Until they solve that they will continue to struggle. And if it takes two years they’ll be watching the defense decline as they bring in new players there.
    I am not sold that this team gets there. I’m not sold this coach can get them there.
    I hope everyone is laughing at this post next year when the Rams roll into the playoffs. But I just don’t have that feeling right now.

    Well, maybe they draft an LT and a QB,
    and move GRob to guard.

    Or maybe they really like Mannion and are
    grooming him to start next year. That
    would be great if he were the real deal.

    Are the Rams the worst team in the NFL
    right now? I dont watch many NFL games
    so i have no idea, but there is no way
    there’s a worse Offense in the NFL.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Peter King on the Bengals game and other Rams stuff #34927
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    If I’m the coach, I’m starting Mannion
    in the last home game. That would be
    the Tampa game. I wouldnt want him
    starting in an away game.

    Give him some playing time against
    ARIZONA and Detroit and then
    see what he can do against the Bucs.

    I dont think Fisher will do that
    but I’d do it.

    And I dont think Mannion would do
    well but i think he might do ‘as’ well
    as Keenum or Foles.

    w
    v

    in reply to: How far away is this team ? #34918
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    This team is another decade away if they can’t field a decent O line and a decent QB since the defense will be changing personnel or it’s star performers declining. This season was this teams best shot.

    Well do you think Fisher should
    get another Decade?

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Why is it a losing play?

    Orlando Pace?

    w
    v

    Orlando Pace was another trade up that I didn’t like. I wanted to stay at 6 and pick Walter Jones. Although I will say this, DV got Pace at an under the market price. He refused to add our 2cd round pick.

    I was doing this type of strategy way before the proof came out. The proof is the new Draft Trade Value Chart, which nobody uses.

    Alrighty then, lets Trade Down.

    w
    v

    in reply to: How far away is this team ? #34906
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Fwiw:

    —————–
    draft order
    LMU93
    1st round- 10th (10th overall)
    2nd round- 8th and 9th (39th and 40th overall)
    ——————

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    The only guy I wanted to trade up for was Steven Jackson, after he dropped past 20. I don’t believe in trading up. It is a losing strategy. I like Austin being a Ram, but I don’t do trade ups. Later in the draft is better, but trading up past 20 is not a winning play.

    Why is it a losing play?

    Orlando Pace?

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think most of the ‘doubters’ dont really question
    his talent, they just question his ‘durability.’
    How long can the little guy last and keep
    his speed, before injuries slow him down.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Six teams with three wins or less #34873
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    we’re in rooting for losses territory now.

    oh man. this is so depressing.

    Its worse than you think — we ‘also’ have to
    root for the 3-win teams to Win — which means…
    rooting for Dallas.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Doctors say highschool football should be banned #34863
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Is there such a thing as High School boxing?

    Just curious.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Tweets 11/29 – Post Game #34859
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I don’t know Jenks was vocal last week about needing help from the O and they got less this week. I am not convinced Fisher hasn’t lost em” already.

    Well but how did Janoris play today?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Tweets 11/29 – Post Game #34854
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Pressure starting to get to Fisher.

    Now everyone can “kiss his ass”.

    I don’t question the effort. I question the coaching, the execution, the talent–but not the effort.

    I wonder if that means I can “kiss his ass” too.

    He’s not going to let anyone question his team’s effort.

    I understand that. Completely.

    But that’s all he said.

    He took the coaching hit. So that’s not the issue.

    JT: When asked if he’s doing a good enough job coaching the team: “I’ve lost four in a row, so no.”

    I dont think Fisher is cracking or losing the team or
    anything like that — He’s just pissed off
    about the whole situation and yeah, he’s
    taking the hit himself, keeping it off
    the players. He’s good at that
    psych stuff.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Rams vs Bengals : Game Reaction Threat #34852
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I salute those who could withstand 4 full quarters of that torture.

    Well, i think a TRUE DieHard Ram fan
    would become a Raider fan at this point.
    Just on principle.

    w
    v

    Fortunately I’ve been a Raiders fan in good standing for some time now. Zooey put in a good word for me. I already know the catch phrases and the secret handshake.

    So when all you newbies come to the next meeting try not to embarrass me.

    I will order my Lyle Alzado jersey
    and my Al Davis seat cushion.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Rams vs Bengals : Game Reaction Threat #34850
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I salute those who could withstand 4 full quarters of that torture.

    Well, i think a TRUE DieHard Ram fan
    would become a Raider fan at this point.
    Just on principle.

    w
    v

    We call ourselves The Dead Mole Society.

    Well the Watermelon heads wore watermelons on their
    heads. As you know.

    So Yall should maybe wear
    dead moles on yer heads.

    Ya know.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Rams vs Bengals : Game Reaction Threat #34846
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I salute those who could withstand 4 full quarters of that torture.

    Well, i think a TRUE DieHard Ram fan
    would become a Raider fan at this point.
    Just on principle.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Rams vs Bengals : Game Reaction Threat #34842
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Enh. Fair enough, but I think we already knew he was a faster-processor than Foles.

    I’m all for playing Mannion more as the season goes along. I would actually watch
    the offense if Mannion was playing during a non-garbage time.

    He needs the experience. Lets see if he can survive.

    Well first, me personally…I’m not calling for him to start.

    But either way it’s not just that he’s faster than Foles, which would not be saying much. He’s just pretty fast in his own right. Not Bulger/Bradford level with a quick release (he actually has a kind of quirky release) but mentally sharp. He just processes fairly fast. In fact with Mannion in there you actually get a better idea of what the passing offense is SUPPOSED to look like. Mannion was executing that offense, Foles isn’t yet (and whether he ever will is an open question).

    BUT none of what he did tells us how he throws under pressure, in the face of a rush or in clutch time etc. Which are big in my own qb eval criteria.

    So, I am not waving the Mannion flag just yet. I will say though that what praise he is earning so far, even granting the circumstances, is warranted.

    Well…its something,
    at least.

    Teams certainly have stopped
    the Gurley train.

    w
    v

Viewing 30 posts - 10,291 through 10,320 (of 12,965 total)