Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 10,261 through 10,290 (of 12,965 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: The change in OC. What do you think it will do? #35331
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Boras…now THAT’s a name. It would be a good name for a gladiator.

    I think his name alone is good for an extra TD or two a game.

    And ya gotta’ like the cut of his jib.

    br

    Now that’s the look of a guy who’s mission in life is to ‘by Gawd get things done!”
    He’s here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and he’s all outta’ bubblegum.

    ——————-

    Exactly. The Offense is Saved.

    Rams 9
    Lions 32

    w
    v

    in reply to: The change in OC. What do you think it will do? #35329
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, I think there was a wee bit of improvement with Carson, but nothing significant.

    Man, Bud Carson did NOT think highly of Kevin Carter.

    ———————

    Well, Boras the Bold, will make mince-meat out of this league.
    He will burn this league like a sausage in a refinery fire,
    he will make this league sit up like dark clouds on a stormy night
    and rue the day the heard the name…Boras……sorry….I’m
    channeling Zooey’s students again…

    w
    v

    in reply to: Greg Robinson – Left Tackle, St. Louis Rams #35326
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, seems to me, GR gets beat in a multitude of ways.
    Sometimes I swear, it just looks like he is not a true LT.
    Maybe the “spread offense theory” (SOT) will turn out
    accurate, and he’ll blossom in year THREE,
    but I’m skeptical. He looks like he gets beat
    physically too much, to my untrained eyes.

    Let us all hope the SOT is true, and they do not
    need to draft another LT. It would be great
    if they could spend that high pick on a WR
    or DE or QB.

    w
    v

    in reply to: The change in OC. What do you think it will do? #35325
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    It’s hard to say what the change will be because they went from one first-time coordinator to another first-time coordinator. Plus of course in terms of the offensive system they couldn’t possibly tweak THAT during the season.

    However, one change ought to be in individual play, because one point of firing a coordinator during the season is to send a shock through the team.

    I remember when the Giunta-Defense was so horrific that I couldn’t watch it.
    It was about the same level as the Cignetti-Offense.
    And Martzy got desperate and brought in Bud Carson — the legend. As i recall
    the legend didn’t do any good.

    Maybe Boras will fare better. All things are Possible. Long Live Boras.

    w
    v

    in reply to: CoachO, some remarks on the OL #35324
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    it’S simple PA,.,.other teams DON’T. Deal with those things…..unless you can name eexamples,….it is always a big deal when that much happens to ANY team’s OL

    Well you always ask that 🙂 And I dunno about Pa, but almost none of us
    pay attention to OTHER teams OLines. Its just not something the average
    fan knows about. So, let me ask YOU? Do ‘you’ know whether other teams
    have lost a lot of OLinemen and still had winning seasons? I mean, do you study that history yourself? Cause ‘we’ dunno 🙂

    w
    v

    in reply to: The change in OC. What do you think it will do? #35311
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think we’ll see more of Gurley.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Fisher, 12/7 … transcript #35294
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    (On what Boras can bring to the offense)
    “There’s some different thoughts. Stimulate the staff. A little more creativity. But, it’s run game. We’re lacking the run game efficiency right now and it all starts right there. Rob, wherever he’s been, he’s been very successful with respect to the run. So, that’s where it’s going to start.”

    “What I’m anticipating is it’s play selection, it’s calls, it’s adjustments and things like that. It’s commitment to it as far as the play calling is concerned. Expanding on some things that we need to do and then hopefully pushing things down the field as a result of it, because that’s what we haven’t been able to do.”
    ————————

    Well maybe Boras has a better feel for the Run game,
    at least. Ya know. Hope springs eternal.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Cignetti fired, Boras promoted to OC #35278
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, I for one, am ecstatic that Boras has finally ascended to his rightful perch overlooking this tire fire of an offense.

    With Boras at OC, Foles and/or Keenum will throw for 350 yds and 3 TDs and Gurley will run for 150 yds and 2 TDs…

    over the remainder of the season.

    The league will regret ever hearing the name
    Boras.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Cignetti fired, Boras promoted to OC #35262
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I wonder if Kroenke had anything to do with it?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Time to fire Fisher. #35257
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Let’s start with, if you were Fisher’s lawyer, which arguments would you object too?

    I would object to putting a false
    witch-nose on Fisher.

    And i would move the court to see if
    Fisher was made of wood.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Board letter-size question #35254
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Ahh. I discovered the ‘zoom’ thingy in the upper right corner.

    I am now zooming at 110 percent.

    I’m giving 110 percent of 70 percent
    to this board.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Board letter-size question #35252
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    You browser should have something to change the size of the type. Which browser so you have?

    I used firefox

    in reply to: Time to fire Fisher. #35246
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I am not a big fan of Fisher or Williams or Bernie. But most of the reasons for firing Fisher remind me of of Bogus Burn the Witch stuff.

    Well you said “most” of the reasons are bogus — what are the reasons that
    are not bogus?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Cards beat down Rams postgame thread of doom #35184
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    ======================
    Laram

    Cards ran 79 plays, Rams 50

    TOP Rams – 20:00 Cards – 40:00

    Rams 3rd down efficiency – 1-12 8%

    Cards 3rd down efficiency – 7-16 43%

    First downs – Rams – 9 Cards – 29
    ===========

    Total offense – Rams – 212 Cards – 524

    in reply to: Cards beat down Rams postgame thread of doom #35181
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    They won’t win another game. They would have to win by the defense scoring and still managing to hold up after being out there all day to stop the other team. This offense can’t do anything. 4-12. Who predicted that?

    Congrats–you’re the winner.

    This has to be a historically bad offense. I don’t think I’ve ever watched a team where I gave their offense next to no chance of scoring. Or if the other team goes up by 10 it’s over.

    I expected more with Gurley but you have to have SOME kind of passing game–something–or defenses will take away your star.

    I had high hopes for Foles but that’s gone.

    Maybe next year.

    ———————————

    Well, at least they play SF and Seattle on the road.
    Cause ya know, the Rams play well against division teams….oh wait.

    It will be interesting to see where this Offense ranks.
    One of the worst NFL offenses I’ve ever seen. Ever.
    And I remember the expansion Tampa Bay Bucs.

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Cards beat down Rams postgame thread of doom #35177
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    ny coach that says that was an acceptable effort can kiss my ass

    The issue wasn’t and has not been “effort.”

    It’s execution.

    You can put in all the effort you want and if you can’t execute you lose.

    Fisher was right about effort. It’s not the issue.

    Yeah, its not effort. True.

    But to ‘me’ the word ‘execution’ is pretty meaningless.
    I put it up there with “we didnt score enough points to win”

    Its meaningless to me, because it gives no clue
    as to WHY the plays are not being ‘executed’ properly.

    Having said that, i never get mad at coaches
    for what the say or dont say at press conferences.
    I mean, would we expect them to explain
    the nuts and bolts of why the team lost.
    I dont expect that out of coaches — i expect
    broad meaningless generalizations. Thats what
    Belicheck gives win or lose.
    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Cards beat down Rams postgame thread of doom #35173
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Rams could have been penalized on their field gold and scored 0 but they missed that opportunity. Luckily, there are still three more games to discover new depths of despair for this Ram fan.

    The draft is only about 6 months away – that’s where the Rams seem to shine.

    Look, three points is Almost
    one point per quarter. I cant do the algebra
    but I think its almost a point a quarter.
    I think thats something they can
    build on.

    Remaining games:
    Lions
    Bucs
    at Seahawks
    at 49ers

    Is there another win in there? Another TD?

    w
    v

    I’m glad Mannion didnt play because
    we might have seen some really
    bad offense with a rookie in there.
    Ya know.

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: OL assessments near as you can do those now #35162
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    <span class=”d4pbbc-font-color” style=”color: blue”>I think he was doing better when Reynolds played next to him. Let’s see how he does today.</span>

    Your post would have more gravitas
    it you had a picture of plastic army men.

    w
    v

    in reply to: OL assessments near as you can do those now #35134
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    and thus
    and therefore, he must be able to pass-block.

    Well athlete does not mean pass blocker per se. Pass blocking is technique and awareness. Athlete means potential for SUPERIOR pass blocker. But until he learns the technique and gains awareness, he is going to be more limited.

    IMO every complaint we hear about GR gets down to technique and awareness, both of which have to do with experience and learning.

    He was just THAT raw coming out. Way behind.

    Yet at the same time, they have 2 more LOT prospects in Battle and Wms. So, that;s interesting too.

    .

    Well I hope you are right, but I am skeptical at this point.

    Overall though, I’m less worried about the OLine in the long-term
    than I am the QB, TE, and Receiver situation. Mainly
    I think it was the injuries that did-in the Oline. Mainly.

    But Cook has to go. I do not think Foles is the longterm answer,
    and I think they need a WR who is a No.1 guy.

    w
    v

    w
    v

    in reply to: OL assessments near as you can do those now #35130
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Deadpool
    Another thing that is rarely touched on, is Robinson… He’s a really good athlete, so there is nothing saying he cannot play the position. Everything said about him at AU was that he was a hard worker. So maybe, just maybe a 2nd year at his original position, with the same blocking scheme will allow him to stop thinking and just play. Which, IMO, would improve his game.

    Well, I am off the GRob bandwagon, myself. For two years,
    Ive read about what a “great athlete” he is, and thus
    and therefore, he must be able to pass-block.

    But just because he’s been a “great athlete” does not
    necessarily mean he has what it takes to “pass block” in the NFL.

    So far he is very disappointing as a pass-blocker.

    Maybe he improves. Maybe he doesn’t. I don’t see
    any reason to think one path is more likely
    than the other.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Keenum– concussion #35129
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    re the powers-that-bee gonna stop
    the game and pull a player every time there’s a hard hit now?

    IF they have reason to believe he has a possible concussion…yes.

    Regardless of the fall out.

    Brady is driving the Pats downfield in Overtime in the Super Bowl.
    He takes a hard hit. Who the hell knows if he has a Concussion.
    He says he’s fine — but a guy in a booth pulls him.
    His back-up throws an INT.

    What would you call that?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Keenum– concussion #35125
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    “….Schlereth said in a radio appearance that it was a “bold-faced lie” for Fisher to say he didn’t realize Keenum was injured because he was in game-management mode.

    Fisher said he spoke with Schlereth on Thursday to clear the air.

    “He apologized to me,” Fisher said. “Again, Mark didn’t have all of the facts. Those things happen. That’s the world we live in right now…..”
    —————

    Yeah, I thought Schlereth was out of line
    when he was going of about the Keenum thing.

    No tv-celebrity can possibly know what angle
    Fisher had on that play, and whether he was blocked
    from seeing Keenum’s head hit the ground, etc, and so forth.

    This is a tricky issue — are the powers-that-bee gonna stop
    the game and pull a player every time there’s a hard hit now?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Cloud Atlas #35102
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    What was that Leo DiCaprio movie that had people in a dream, within a dream? That was hard to follow. Inception?

    I think this was way better than Inception. Just
    my opinion of course.

    w
    v

    in reply to: JT w/ Frank Cusumano 12/4 – Podcast #35101
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    You are a Tech-guy, Ag. Surely,
    there is an APP, I can get that will delete
    Frank Cusumano, and leave JT in the audio.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Tweets 12/4, & other injury reports #35100
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Without Quinn, i do believe Carson Palmer
    will carve them up like Conan the Barbarian
    carving up a pile of Spam.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Don Blankenship : Guilty #35074
    Avatar photowv
    Participant
    in reply to: Tweets 12/3 + Foles probably starts #35072
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Rams vs Cardinals II — I imagine it will be a bloodbath.
    No matter the score.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Cloud Atlas #35043
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I did not but I remember the promos when it came out. It looked complicated and confusing. I like a movie that requires thought but too many twists and it becomes hard to comprehend. Was it so good that it left you speechless, or so complicated that you can’t form an opinion? I see your thumb is sideways.

    Well….i think it’s definitely worth watching.
    Even if you hate it, you’ll appreciate the ambition
    of the story/writing/acting. Each actor plays
    about four or five other parts — sometimes crossing
    genders, eras, cultures, etc.

    There are some good performances, some bad performances
    and some just plain weird performances.

    I enjoyed it. But I got confused a lot.
    But I will probly watch it again.
    I know people that have watched it five
    times just to try to figure it all out.

    The Asian actress was pretty awesome, i thought.
    She plays a revolutionary in the Future. She
    carried the movie, i thought.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Podcasts 11/30 JT and Howard #35042
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I cant listen to Frank. I stopped listening to him a while back. I dont mean to be
    mean…but he seems really dim-witted to me. And he doesnt listen. And he has
    no clue how to ask follow up questions. And he doesn’t know how to do an interview.
    I think he must be related to the station owner er somethin.

    If you listen to John Clayton on that, his thing was, where was the NFL spotter. He pointed out that a slo-mo close-up view on tv is not what you see from the sidelines. The spotter, though, had the tv view. He says he didn’t intervene because the Rams trainer was out there talking to CK. However, of course, the Rams trainer didn’t know what the spotter knew.

    The assessment appears to be that means there’s a crack in the procedures. The league set out to fix that particular glitch so it doesn’t happen again.

    I really think that just sums it up. To me, the people blaming Fisher are just incorrect about what happened. They get their eyes filled with the tv view and act like that what we saw in that view was visible from the sidelines.

    .

    Yup.
    w
    v

    in reply to: Foles before and after GB #35034
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Green Bay is not the turning point for Foles….

    Foles pre-GB…. his numbers vs Arizona and Seattle sku those pre-GB numbers, because Foles wasn’t very good vs Pittsburgh and in Washington ….

    Foles benefited from 3 turnovers vs Seattle and got 146 yards rushing from Gurley in Arizona..

    The Rams cannot put the game on Foles’ shoulders, because when they do, they lose. He had chances in Washington, Pittsburgh, and in Minnesota… he wasn’t even a “game manager” in those games…….

    Well, i agree the first four games were a mixed bag.

    But after the GB game the bag wasn’t even mixed anymore. Ya know.

    w
    v

Viewing 30 posts - 10,261 through 10,290 (of 12,965 total)