Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 9,811 through 9,840 (of 12,963 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Pragmatism #40345
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    “Now, name a ‘pragmatist’ since the 40s who has made fundamental progress stemming the tide of Corporate-Power.”

    Its interesting-and telling-that you discount some of the greatest achievements this country has ever accomplished by pragmatic leaders simply because they occurred before you were born. Particularly when you stated flatly that pragmatic leaders cannot make changes. Maybe you meant today? Well here’s a brief list of those “changes” made by a recent leader that were all opposed by the corporate controlled republican party:

    Under the Affordable Care Act this country now has -for the first time ever-less than 10% of its population uninsured. More than 17.6 million people now have coverage that did not before. (of course you will say a “real” change would be universal single payer system-but that does not discount the comparative data)

    The Iran Nuclear Deal-opposed by all corporate interests

    The establishment of US Cuba relations-opposed by some but not all corporate interests

    The trade deal with 12 Pacific Rim Countries.

    Same Sex Marriage.

    When you argue that I will say corporations do good-yes-I believe there is a symbiotic relationship between corporate greed and societal progress. Its been that way and will always be that way as long as the system of capitalism is in place-which it will be. Hitler was defeated in large part because of our own corporate greed. So was the defeat of Polio. The Koch brothers contribute mightily to MD Anderson the leading cancer research hospital in the US> We both love and enjoy our Rams-owned by one of the largest corporate conglomerates in the world. I believe you are a court appointed attorney supported by tax dollars from people likely employed by large corporations. There is always a thread. Its symbiotic.

    Citizens United ? Lets look at the Michigan irony. Sanders wins because of the tremendous support from UAW. Yet labor unions benefited every much as corporations from that decision in terms of their ability to provide financial support to the candidate of their choice. So while Sanders-and to be honest Clinton too-rail against Citizens United he carries the UAW vote to victory.

    At bottom for me is that-as you agreed-we have made considerable progress on social issues in this country due to the work of pragmatist leaders -but we have also suffered from corporate greed. But until we no longer are under a capitalistic system the good guys and the bad guys will do battle and out of it will be victories and losses. And I can assure you the victories will be on the shoulders of the pragmatist-and not on political anarchy.

    Maybe you and I should stick to discussing surfing.

    ——————————–

    Well, we just have fundamental disagreements on economics and corporate-power.

    You mentioned obama-care, and that is a long complicated discussion. Lots of pros and cons and unknowns. Was it an improvement over what we had before? Yes. Is it anywhere near as good as a single-payer system? No. Did the ‘pragmatists’ prevent us from getting the better system, ie, single-payer? I would say, yes, they are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
    I like Bernies approach to health care — not the ‘pragmatist’ ,Clinton.

    As far as same sex marriage — again thats Identity Poltix. The system doesnt oppose progress on those fronts. Both the Sanders-types and Clinton-types have the same policies on Identity-politix.

    Opening relations with Cuba? Corporations are always looking for new markets.
    I’m not sure how else to interpret that.

    Pacific Rim agreement? Nafta? You call that progress brought about by ‘pragmatists’. I call it a hideous example of inequality and corporate-power.
    I agree with Bernie on the Pacific Rim issue:

    “….The Senate granted Obama approval to fast-track the measure and present the agreement to Congress for a yes-or-no vote with no amendments allowed. During Senate hearings in April, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders fought fast track, warning that the American people need time to understand the TPP. He issued a statement Monday saying, “I am disappointed but not surprised by the decision to move forward on the disastrous Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement that will hurt consumers and cost American jobs. Wall Street and other big corporations have won again. It is time for the rest of us to stop letting multi-national corporations rig the system to pad their profits at our expense.” Robert Weissman, president of the consumer advocacy group Public Citizen, joins us to discuss TPP….”
    http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/33146-nafta-on-steroids-consumer-groups-slam-the-tpp-as-12-nations-agree-to-trade-accord

    Basically we just have fundamental disagreements
    on Corporate-Capitalism, Waterfield. Like i said, i think its destroyed meaningful democracy, created unethical inequality, and is on a trajectory to destroy the biosphere. Its a bad thing. Unlike Surfing 🙂

    So you see slow pragmatic progress in Corporate-Cabitalism,
    and i see Unconscionable Unnecessary Inequality, Environmental Genocide,
    and Kronky. 🙂

    I can imagine a world
    without mega-corporate money in politics. I will vote for politicians
    who share that view. Like Sanders, like Jill Stein. In the past I’ve held my nose and voted for the ‘less-evil of two pragmatists’ but I’m done with that 🙂

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    If indeed Trump is in favor of single-payer universal health insurance…2 things about that.

    1. He’s running on his own money. He is therefore not beholden, like virtually everyone else is, to money from the pharms and private insurers.

    2. I also would never be persuaded to vote for him, even with that. His overt racism is too much for me and having a Putin in office who thinks and talks that way for 4 years would be bad. I’ll wait until a progressive shakes free of the pharms and insurers and vote for them some day.

    ————-
    Fair enuff, but if it comes to that,
    i intend to cancel your vote out,
    with a vote for Donald Strangelove.

    If he could bring about single-payer-National-Health-Care,
    I’d take it. And I’d just hold my breath for four years,
    and hope he wouldn’t kill all the gays, and women, and muslims,
    and then blow up the World.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Pragmatism #40329
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    When you argue that “pragmatists” can’t get anything done I believe your wrong on that too. One of the greatest advancements in our country was the Civil Rights Act of 1964 accomplished by back door negotiations of one of the greatest pragmatic presidents of our time. WW 2 was brought to a conclusion by another pragmatist after our entry into the war by still another pragmatist saved Europe-and who also engineered us out of a depression and into the New Deal. Earl Warren, a republican-but a pragmatist-ushered into law Roe v Wade. These were not men on the far right or the far left.

    ————————————–
    Well, you had to go back to the 1940s to name a ‘pragmatist’ who
    made a fundamental ECONOMIC change. The 40s.

    I rest my case 🙂

    I didnt say, btw, that “pragmatists” never accomplish ‘anything’.
    There has been and always will be progress on Race, feminism and gender issues in this country. Identity politics doesn’t threaten corporate power and so, the ‘system’ is not preventing progress in those areas.

    Now, name a ‘pragmatist’ since the 40s who has made fundamental progress stemming the tide of Corporate-Power.

    …and now you will say, you like corporations
    and they give us good things, and only ‘extremists’
    would be anti-corporation… Right? 🙂

    As to what has brought the country to this divisive/strident
    state where ‘pragmatists’ are being drowned out by Trump/Sanders supporters?

    Good question. What do you think some of the reasons are?
    I’m not exactly sure, myself. I’m still amazed Bernie is doing as well as he is. Something seems to be happening…but I’m not sure what. Somethin unknown is do’in i dunno-what.

    w
    v
    “Something unknown is doing we don’t know what—that is what our theory amounts to.”
    [Expressing the quantum theory description of an electron has no familiar conception of a real form.] — Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington
    The Nature Of The Physical World (1928), 291.

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    How do things look so far?

    Looks clear.

    in reply to: Barron signs #40265
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    6 million

    I was thinking more like what he actually got.

    After Quinn and Donald, i was thinking he was
    the next most valuable defender.

    They’ve lost four starters. Is the D in trouble?
    yes? No? Maybe?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Osweiler to Houston…Kaepernick to Denver? #40264
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Or…Denver doesn’t care if the qb is mediocre?

    Their 2nd choice after CK btw is Keenum.

    …

    Keenum might win a Ring
    with that Denver Defense,
    mightn’t he

    I personally would sign Magic Johnson
    as the LA quarterback. I think it might
    bring in the celebrity fans, which is what
    you need to win in LA.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Pragmatism #40261
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Looking at yesterday’s election results I’m struck by how much both the far left and the far right have in common. Seems to me that we are becoming a country of angry “statement” makers. The Trump supporters are angry and want to make a statement. The Sanders supporters are angry and need to make a statement. Neither give much consideration as to how to get actual “stuff” done. So why are we so angry ? And how can the far right be angry and the far left be angry at the same time? Seems to me that the Republicans are moving further and further and further to the right and the Democrats are moving further and further and further to the left.

    At some point in time we need to stop making “statements” and get stuff done. And that’s called pragmatism.

    I need a drink.

    ================================
    You always say that, W. Not that there’s anything wrong with that 🙂

    Those of us who simply believe in Sanders/Stein’s POLICIES
    dont see supporting him/her as “making statements.”

    Its real simple — we think Sanders/Stein’s POLICIES
    are better for the poor, and the biosphere, than
    the Pro-Corporate Candidates.

    Anger is a different subject. Are a lot of the Sanders and Stein and Trump folks “angry” ? Sure. A lot are fed up with all kinds of things.

    I think you make a mistake conflating the Trump supporters and the Sanders/Stein supporters simply because you see a lot of ‘anger’
    in both sides. They seem to be angry about much different
    policies and issues, when I talk to both groups…

    Personally, just speaking for me, I’m very angry
    about three things in a nutshell:
    1) Inequality (Ie, poverty and all the myriad ways the poor
    are degraded, dehumanized, and destroyed, by corporate power)
    2) The destruction of the Biosphere (corporate power)
    3) The destruction of meaningful democracy by corporate power. (Citizens United, corporate personhood, media owned by the rich, etc, etc)

    The ‘pragmatic’ candidates wont work to change
    those three things, in my view.

    So, ya know, i respectfully disagree. …there was a time
    i would have ‘gone off’ on you, btw, as you know.

    I’ve mellowed 🙂

    I just ‘sigh’ now.

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: McCleod signs with Eagles #40259
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    So McLeod is gone?

    ——————
    Yup.

    He went with the Eagles for 5 years, $37M.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Osweiler to Houston…Kaepernick to Denver? #40257
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, Elway seems to know what he’s doing,
    and he seems to know about QBs, so,
    I would guess, Kaepernik would rebound
    nicely with the Broncos.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    No brainer, there.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Barron signs #40255
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Wow, nice payday.

    What would you have predicted the contract
    would look like?

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Am i the only one startled that Donald Trump is in favor
    of a Canadian-style, socialist-single-payer, National Health Care plan?

    Did you folks know about that?

    Health Care is the single biggest ‘domestic’ policy to me.
    Single biggest. (Corporate personhood/power is a ‘global’ policy to me)

    And Mr Crazy, has the best policy on the single
    most important domestic issue? (other than Sanders, and Stein, of course)

    If it comes down to Trump vs Clinton — i might have to vote for Mr Crazy. Surreal. Tell me I’m dreaming.

    in reply to: Jenkins expected to sign with the Giants #40201
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think he will be missed, and i think
    JJ is probly gonna be a pro-bowl player,
    but i think they’ll be ok…if…..Quinn recovers 🙂

    w
    v

    in reply to: Rams & recent ex-Rams in free agency #40200
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Barron
    Hayes
    McLeod

    Those are the three, i think they ‘need’
    to sign.

    It’d be great to keep Fairly but i cant
    imagine that would be possible.

    So, i want Barron, Hayes, mcLeod
    and then I’d like one good addition, on OFFENSE
    like a TE, or WR. Or a QB.

    I’d think that would be do-able.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    In terms of competence Clinton was a top notch state senator and actually won me over on her performance as Secretary of State. Between her and Trump I won’t be holding my nose.

    Its a strange situation. Clinton is the mainstream-Dem,
    and its the wacky-Trump who is for
    National Health Care. At least thats what the site
    i read today, said.

    Did you know this? (i didnt)
    http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-supports-national-health-care-2011-4

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Rams Could Have Interest In Ryan Fitzpatrick (or…not) #40155
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Enh. I dunno. I’ve never been sold on him,
    but i suppose he’s an upgrade. I suppose.

    He’s always kinda seemed just barely above
    a mediocre journey-man to me. More than
    a back-up, but less than a good starter.

    But i aint watched him much.

    w
    v

    in reply to: The meaning of Trump ? #40145
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    http://2016.republican-candidates.org/Trump/

    Take a look at Trumps idea on Health Care. Interesting.
    Is he for National Health Care?

    —————————

    some excerpts:
    Donald Trump on the Minimum Wage
    Trump has made solidly conservative statements concerning the minimum wage in the past, viewing it primarily as a point of competition between United States businesses and those of other countries.

    “We can’t have a situation where our labor is so much more expensive than other countries’ that we can no longer compete.”

    As with so many other issues, Trump has spoken in an inflammatory manner on minimum wage, as well.

    “Having a low minimum wage is not a bad thing for this country.”
    —-
    Donald Trump on Taxes
    Trump supports raising taxes on the very wealthy – arguing that the current tax code requires them to pay very little if anything at all – and lowering taxes on the middle class.

    DONALD TRUMP: ”I would say that the hedge fund people make a lot of money and they pay very little tax. I’m about the middle class. I want the middle class to be thriving again. We’re losing our middle class…”

    INTERVIEWER: “So change the tax code?”

    TRUMP: “I would change it, I would simplify it, I would…”

    INTERVIEWER: “But in this respect, you want to tax carried interest in the same way as ordinary income is taxed.”

    TRUMP: “I would take carried interest out and I would let people that are making hundreds of millions of dollars a year pay some tax. Because right now they’re paying very little tax and I think it’s outrageous. I want to lower taxes for the middle class. I want to lower taxes for people that are making a lot of money, that need incentives.”

    INTERVIEWER: “So that would affect not just hedge fund people, that would also affect people in limited real estate partnerships, of which you are in a fair number.”

    TRUMP: “I’m okay. I’m okay.”

    INTERVIEWER: “So you’re proposing that you would like to raise taxes on yourself.”

    TRUMP: “That’s right. That’s right. I’m okay with it. I’m, you know, ready willing and – I mean, you see my statements, I mean I do very well. I don’t mind paying some tax. The middle class is getting clobbered in this country. You know, the middle class built this country, not the hedge fund guys. But, I know people in hedge funds, they pay almost nothing. And it’s ridiculous. Okay?”

    28 August, 2015: Trump is interviewed for Bloomberg News

    Trump believes the current tax code is needlessly complex, and is in favor of simplifying it. He also specifically rejects the notion of a flat tax.

    DONALD TRUMP: “Here’s what I want to do: I want to simplify the tax code. I want to cut taxes, but I want to simplify the tax code. I want to make it great for the middle class. The middle class is being killed. I want to put H&R Block – it’s an ambition of mine to put H&R Block out of business. When a person has a simple tax return – they have a job, and they can’t even figure out when they look at this complicated form, they can’t figure out what to pay. And you know what, I have guys, that are friends of mine, they make a fortune, they’re hedge fund guys, they move around paper – look, at least, I build things, I put people to – these guys move around paper. And half the time it’s luck more than talent, okay? They pay peanuts. Okay? I want to make it so the middle class – I want to lower taxes, but I want to make it so the middle class benefits.”

    SEAN HANNITY: “Do you believe in supply-side economics inasmuch as you reduce taxes on everybody, including the wealthy, and that a rising tide lifts all boats?”

    TRUMP: “I don’t fully believe in it, but there is something to it. I don’t fully, you know, I’ve studied it…”

    HANNITY: “But you don’t want a flat tax, you have said that.”

    TRUMP: “I don’t like when everybody’s paying the same.”

    HANNITY: “Do you like a Fair Tax?”

    TRUMP: “If I make a billion dollars and somebody else is making a hundred, and he’s paying ten dollars, and I’m paying – to me, I don’t know. I like somewhat of a graduation. What you have now is a system that is too complicated. The easiest thing to do is make that system uncomplicated, and make it really good. Make it really good.”

    12 August, 2015: Trump is interviewed by FOX News (03:39 – 05:00)
    ——————–
    Donald Trump on Health Care
    Trump wants to repeal and replace Obamacare with universal health care.

    SCOTT PELLEY: What’s your plan for Obamacare?

    DONALD TRUMP: Obamacare is going to be repealed and replaced. Obamacare’s a disaster. If you look at what’s going on with premiums where their up 45, 50, 55 percent….

    PELLEY: So how do you fix it?

    TRUMP: There’s many different ways by the way. Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an unrepublican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say no, no the lower 25 percent they can’t afford private but…

    PELLEY: Universal health care?

    TRUMP: I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of, much better than they’re taken care of now.

    PELLEY: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of?

    TRUMP: They’re going to be taken care of

    PELLEY: How?

    TRUMP: I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people and you know what this is probably….

    PELLEY: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

    TRUMP: The governments going to pay for it but we’re going to save so much money on the other side. But for the most part it’s going to be a private plan and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors they can have their plans they can have everything.
    ————————–

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: The meaning of Trump ? #40144
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    What racist ideals does Trump espouse? Ideals, not the projecting of your fear. Give these racist ideals substance. List them. Succinctly describe them. Then I’ll reply in kind to each description from this Trump supporters view. Drive byes are easy. Lets strive for better.

    Personally, i dont have any idea whether he’s a ‘racist’
    or has racist policies etc. I do ‘wonder’ about it,
    but i cant say I know for sure, so i stay away from that topic.

    I do think he “appeals” to the more racist elements in the country.
    He says things in a way that make those racist-elements feel like
    he’s “one of them”.

    At any rate, I dont listen to Republicans in general so i dont really know what his actual “policies” are. I ‘assume’ they are typical rep policies so i ‘assume’ I’d be against them. But i havent done the work of actually looking at them. There used to be a site that listed all the major candidates and their actual policies. Maybe someone can find that and post it.

    w
    v

    in reply to: The meaning of Trump ? #40100
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Do you think its the same with Bernie and his supporters
    or do you think its the opposite? Ie, Bernie supporters
    are all about the Policies and not the drama/emotion ?

    For me personally, its always the policies. Period.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Tre Mason arrested #40080
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    http://www.local10.com/sports/nfl/rams-tre-mason-arrested-in-hollywood

    He wuz Tazer-ized as well.

    Perhaps there will be a video
    forthcoming, since it sounds like it might have happened
    in front of a hotel er something: “in front of Diplomat Landing at 3200 South Ocean Dr”

    Might be a security camera at “Diplomat Landing”

    w
    v

    in reply to: Three significant players per draft? #40079
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Is it roughly-fair to say this regime
    generally gets three starters per draft?
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/draft.htm

    w
    v

    I found while looking around and doing a bit of research that 40% hits is the norm for good drafting. Out of 7 picks, 3 would be 42.8%.

    Average drafting is around 2 per draft or about 30%.

    Anything in the high 40s or more is exceptional.

    ..

    Well, I would guess they are gonna get three
    good starters this draft. The three top picks.
    Maybe a WR/TE, a DE, and a LB ?
    Course if they pick a QB, then they might
    only get two good starters.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    My son, who is 18, was flipping out after Tuesday. He thinks it’s the end of the world. Basically, he argues, Sanders is the only candidate who, as president, would do anything about climate change that might matter, and that without Sanders as president, it’s Game Over.

    I tried to fish around for…something…but I got nothing.

    ==============================

    Well, we’ve both talked about this many times since 1998.
    The ‘system’ or ‘corporotacracy’ or whatever you want to call it,
    is just awfully good at dumming down a critical-mass of voters/citizens.
    With diversions, misinformation, disinformation, entertainment, wars,
    fears, propaganda, etc, etc, and so forth.

    As ya get older, ya see it all more clearly. How the system
    works on so many levels.

    One can either think about it, and get frustrated,
    or not think about it and evade it.
    Or, maybe, do some good local work, find inner
    peace somehow, and watch the biosphere burn,
    while the citizens cheer for guys like Trump/Clinton.

    Go rams
    w
    v
    “It’s a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human
    problem all one’s life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than‘try to be a little kinder.’ “ Aldous Huxley

    “We have not yet encountered any god who is as merciful as a man who flicks a beetle over on its feet.” ― Annie Dillard, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek

    “You have come to the shore. There are no directions.” Denise Levertov

    “Ideally, what should be said to every child, repeatedly, throughout his or her school life is something like this: ‘You are in the process of being indoctrinated. We have not yet evolved a system of education that is not a system of indoctrination. We are sorry, but it is the best we can do. What you are being taught here is an amalgam of current prejudice and the choices of this particular culture. The slightest look at history will show how impermanent these must be. You are being taught by people who have been able to accommodate themselves to a regime of thought laid down by their predecessors. It is a self-perpetuating system. Those of you who are more robust and individual than others will be encouraged to leave and find ways of educating yourself — educating your own judgements. Those that stay must remember, always, and all the time, that they are being moulded and patterned to fit into the narrow and particular needs of this particular society.” ― Doris Lessing, The Golden Notebook

    “The sight of human affairs deserves admiration and pity. And he is
    not insensible who pays them the undemonstrative tribute of a
    sigh which is not a sob, and of a smile that is not a grin.” Joseph Conrad

    in reply to: Tre Mason arrested #40074
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Let us hope it wakes him up.

    Thats all i got.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Jaworski: Fisher is a terrible coach #40065
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I’m sure you’re right. Fisher is a smart guy with about 40 years of football experience. He’s forgotten more about football than I know. But at some point, Fisher, Snead, the powers that be, have to do whatever it takes to get a good QB. I don’t care if they reach in the draft. I don’t care if they overpay for a guy and give up too much money or draft picks. Whatever it takes to make it happen. The people in charge need to get it done.

    Winning the super bowl is the goal. If the Rams start the season with Keenum/Foles/Mannion/and some project to be named later, we will not be moving towards that goal. The QB play from this team is simply not good enough to make the playoffs. Especially in the NFC West.

    So I don’t know. I don’t know what it takes to get a decent QB, but the Rams need to pull out all the stops, throw money around, do a rain dance, whatever it takes to make that happen.

    ========================

    I feel the frustration too,
    believe me.

    I will pass the consensus-2-step-Plan
    on to Kronky/Snisher:
    1) Get good QB
    2) Win Ring

    …apparently, the powers-that-be are now, only
    on year5 of the new Seven
    Year plan 🙂

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Clinton/Trump would be the ugliest campaign in my lifetime, and there will be a lot of holding of noses at the ballot boxes.

    ===========================
    Yeah, i suppose it would be the worst
    Dem-Rep combo in my lifetime.

    The Corporate-Billionaire-egomaniac
    vs. the Corporate-puppet-egomaniac.

    They will split 95 percent of the
    Amerikan citizens’ votes, as per usual.
    Amerikans will flock to the polls
    and continue to vote for Dems and Reps.
    Like its a law of nature or something.

    Meanwhile independent candidates,
    like Jill Stein will split the
    remaining 5 percent of the votes.

    What does that say
    about Amerika?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Jaworski: Fisher is a terrible coach #40056
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I don’t know. I don’t think Fisher is terrible. That’s a strong word for a coach that’s been around this many years and has had some success.

    I think Fisher still underestimates the “new” league. He doesn’t seem to get the importance of good QB play and good WRs. This is a QB ONLY league now. A team has to have a good one. Even Seattle’s D, which has been great for a few years, wouldn’t go far without the solid playmaking ability of Wilson.

    The one good QB Fisher had was Steve McNair, and he wasn’t great, but he was good enough. Coupled with a great running game and a good D, Fisher had success.

    So unless we can find our own version of McNair we’re gonna remain a .500 team, imo.

    ———————————-
    Well, i think Snisher ‘gets’ how important the QB-position is.
    I think every single coach in the NFL understands that.
    But a lot of teams just havent been able to find a Russell Wilson.
    It seems to be very difficult to guess/evaluate which college
    QBs are gonna be good in the NFL.

    Fisher bet on Bradford. A LOT of experts agreed
    that Bradford would be good or very-good. He blew
    out his knee twice, etc.
    Then Fisher bet on Foles. A LOT of experts thought
    Foles would be decent to good to very good.
    Now Fisher made that call so he gets the ‘blame’ but
    I dont think the problem is Fisher fails to understand
    how important the QB position is.

    Not every coach gets to pick no.1 when Andrew Luck is
    sitting there 🙂

    I’m sure Fisher has weaknesses (and strengths) but
    failing to understand the importance of
    having a good QB, probly aint one of his weaknesses.

    …I’m not sure he’s the best guy to evaluate WRs, though.
    I dunno.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Pretty clear to me a Red Hat started the altercation. Watching this crap, I can’t stop my brain from connecting the dots from Red Hat to Brown Shirt.

    If anybody sees it differently, please try and explain it to me.

    I could be wrong, but i ‘think’ this is the kind
    of thing that would cost Trump in any
    general election.

    Even though there is a long long long
    history of much worse going on
    in the land of the free
    and the home of the brave.
    I mean in the 19-teens they just
    threw ya in jail if you protested
    against war. If you were lucky,
    and didnt get maimed or lynched.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Roddy White, WR #40046
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    i think this kind of signing would be the way to go. get a receiver who can step right in and contribute. bringing in a rookie who doesn’t know all the nuances of a pro style offense and having to develop him. i don’t know.

    i know a couple of the bengals receivers should be free agents as well.

    give keenum or whoever the best chance for immediate success.

    then the draft can be spent on defense and a developmental qb.

    Well i like the idea of an old wily vet on the team.
    They had Welker last year, but I’d think Roddy White
    would be better.

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    He wrote online he pushed her. Pushed. His future DI would have had worse in store for him and his fellow recruits.

    I dunno the law in that state,
    but pushing in WV is indeed a crime: It’s battery.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think they will either draft one in the first two rounds,
    or they will sign a Free Agent, like Osweiler, etc.

    I doubt they do both, cause they have other needs
    and there just aint a lot of good options out there at QB.
    I mean this aint like the halcyon days when
    they could just go out and get a TJ Rubley or Jamie Martin.

    w
    v

Viewing 30 posts - 9,811 through 9,840 (of 12,963 total)