Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 10,411 through 10,440 (of 12,965 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Is this the worst ram pass offense ever? #33884
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I”m sure they’ll get better.

    WV, I’m curious. How is it that you’re sure they’ll get better? I see no reason at all to make an assumption like that.

    Just wondering why you do.

    ——————————————
    Well because I think the coaches will continue to watch the tape
    and learn from the tape, and make adjustments.

    I think a veteran like Welker in the receiving corp might help.

    And i think part of the problem is probably youth and communication
    on the OLine. I dont think Foles has had much time, and I dont think
    he trusts the Oline.

    …I was expecting problems on the pass-offense, but I am disappointed
    its THIS bad. Its awful. Its past game 8 and it is just horrendous.
    Disappointing for sure.

    I’m not saying i expect it to get a LOT better, RFL.
    Maybe ‘somewhat’ better, though. Better enough to maybe
    beat teams like the Vikings.

    I am not disappointed in the Defense. (they played well
    even without Quinn) Special teams look fine.
    Run-offense is fine.

    One piece of the puzzle left. Granted,
    its a critical piece.

    …this is ‘not’ a ‘bad team’ in my view. They went into
    Minnesota and played even with a playoff-level team.
    They ‘are’ close. If the pass-offense can just be nudged
    from ‘horrendous’ to ‘mediocre’ 🙂

    w
    v

    in reply to: Tweets + Bailey replaced by Welker #33861
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Interesting stuff.

    At this point i really think they could use
    a savvy veteran like Welker.
    Question is, does he know the system or is
    he going to have to learn it?

    Looks like stedman’s a knucklehead. Sigh.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Is this the worst ram pass offense ever? #33859
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think wv is mostly concerned about the “passing” offense though. A lot of the big plays are actually running plays. While the offense as a whole may indeed make bigger plays–the passing offense is somewhat miserable. Take away Gurley and Tavon’s runs and how does it look? How would it look if defenses were actually playing the pass and not having to stack the box because of Gurley’s threat? It should be easier but it just looks horrible. That’s what’s frustrating. And yes it’s many things but I don’t think they’ve gotten what they wanted out of Foles yet. Hopefully they will.

    .

    —————————-
    Yes the question is about the “pass offense”,
    not the “offense.”

    And I know the OLine is young and has
    two injuries right now. And the young’ins might gel
    at some point and get healthy. And Foles might
    get more time, and so he might play better —
    but, RIGHT NOW, this is definitely ONE of the WORST
    ram pass-offenses this poster has ever seen. Ever.

    I”m sure they’ll get better. But right now — UGH.
    HISTORIC-UGH.

    w
    v

    in reply to: the Joyner, Harrison controversies #33819
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well i think Bowen misses the main point —
    What I see on replay is Joyner zooming in like a rocket
    and changing his angle slightly so as to either
    miss the QB completely and just strafe him,
    or to just graze him to let him know Joyner
    is out there. What i dont see is Joyner
    taking aim and trying to hurt the QB.
    Looked to me like there was a very subtle
    change of angle by Joyner to ‘avoid’ a major collision.

    Penalty? Yes. Intentional head-hunting? Nah.

    w
    v

    in reply to: the Joyner, Harrison controversies #33766
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    i watched that Joyner play, and it did not
    look to me, like Joyner bashed the QB with bad intentions.
    Looked a lot worse than it was.
    Looked to me like Joyner COULD have clobbered him
    but instead just glanced off of him. Joyner
    changed the angle of attack so as to ‘almost’
    miss him completely. He shouldnt have touched
    the QB at all, but I dont think he meant
    to do any damage — i think he meant to just
    strafe real close to him — but he grazed him
    a little too much.

    watch it closely. What do yall think?

    w
    v

    in reply to: No playoffs this year (reactions to the Vikes game) #33763
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, I know a lot of folks believe the playoffs
    are out of reach now. But I dont think so.
    Not quite. Not quite yet.

    I mean they are 4 and 4. Halfway mark.
    They can still win 12 games. Ya know.
    Or 11. Or 10.

    I’m not say’in its “likely” they make
    the playoffs, but would it really surprise
    anyone if Atlanta and Minnesota lost three
    out of four or four out of six, etc ?

    The Rams have to get Quinn back, though.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Rams inactives 11/8 and other tweets #33754
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Wow.

    No Quinn, Long on the DLine
    No TJ in the secondary,
    No Ogletree in the LB unit,
    and no
    Hav or Saffold on the OLine.

    I’ll have to change my prediction.
    Gonna have to favor the Vikes now.

    Vikes 24
    Rams 13

    I see a very sloppy, error-filled
    frustrating game, looming.

    A no-pie day.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Being a Rookie Sucks #33735
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    The most embarrassing part of that commercial is the voiceover.

    ———————-

    No the embarrassing part is his performance of “Im a little Tea-pot.”

    Back in the early 80’s when i was majoring in Elementary Education,
    i had a music class, and I had to perform I’m a little Teapot,
    and Eensy Weensy Spider (also known as Itsy Bitsy Spider).

    I am not impressed with Gurley’s performance. It
    lacked enthusiasm and the proper gestures.

    You have to “BE” the Teapot.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I don’t think it’s just Foles
    Nor do I think it’s just the receivers.
    I think a lot of it is the Baby OL.
    My bet is there’s certain things they’re not even trying with this OL, until it stabilizes..

    My own view is its almost all the OLine.
    I think the OLine has affected
    Foles and the OC/Fisher.

    Cook is cook. I dont see much difference.
    Kendricks is hurt.
    Tavon looks better.

    Britt is the only one that seems ‘off’
    somehow. Maybe he’s injured.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Being a Rookie Sucks #33713
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Ouch!

    Great commercial but years from now that’s gonna sting. Lol!

    OMG

    w
    v

    in reply to: happy birthday Herzog #33712
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Herzog does not post nearly enough.

    Therefore he should get
    cake but not be allowed
    to eat it.

    Happy Birthday, H.

    w
    v

    in reply to: reporters preview the VIKES game #33698
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    “…The 28-point defeat tied the worst margin for a home opener in franchise history.

    Hard to watch? Certainly. Important to revisit this week? Absolutely….’

    ————–

    I want purple blood to be spilled.
    Buckets of it.

    w
    v
    “There will be killing till the score is paid.”
    ― Homer, The Odyssey

    Yes, purple blood must be spilled.

    And the Rams will laugh and splash in the puddles like children.

    ========================

    Yes. The Rams will drink Purple Blood
    and Urinate the Vikings out into
    the gutter where they belong.

    …O dear. Did i say that out loud

    w
    v
    “Still, we will let all this be a thing of the past, though it hurts us, and beat down by constraint the anger that rises inside us.
    Now I am making an end of my anger. It does not become me, unrelentingly to rage on”
    ― Homer, The Iliad

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Interesting. There is only one elite team in the top 10 (Pats) and there are 4 losing teams in the top 10.

    I guess ‘toughness’ (as Bruschi defines it) isn’t that important.

    Seems like the Pats have always combined
    toughness, and
    smartness.

    Maybe the Rams have combined
    toughness, and
    dum-ness. Or somethin.

    w
    v

    in reply to: reporters preview the VIKES game #33693
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    “…The 28-point defeat tied the worst margin for a home opener in franchise history.

    Hard to watch? Certainly. Important to revisit this week? Absolutely….’

    ————–

    I want purple blood to be spilled.
    Buckets of it.

    w
    v
    “There will be killing till the score is paid.”
    ― Homer, The Odyssey

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    i don’t watch much of the other teams, but the rams do come across as a very tough team.

    now if only they could figure out the passing game…

    Yeah, everything is in place now,
    cept
    the Passing-game, and
    maybe cutting down a little on pass-completions by opponents.

    So, they are flawed for sure,
    but also right on the verge.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Benoit on Barron and Gurley…+ more on Barron #33691
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    i suspect they are better with Barron than Ogletree.
    Ogletree has good hands and is very dangerous,
    but it also seems like he gets overly aggressive/reckless
    sometimes. I dunno.

    I like that Gordo article on Barron (post before this one).

    On Ogletree. This is how I see it—Rams tend to draft very raw, very developmental guys, and we get to watch them mature. The only guy who wasn’t like that was Donald (well, and Gurley). Ogletree fit that picture.

    Ogletree was drafted in 2013. This is his third year. He was starting to show a lot, and was learning the game. This doesn’t surprise me, because if they can get Jenkins to mature and play disciplined, high quality defense, they can get virtually anyone to do it.

    Then AO goes out and Barron steps in. Barron is different from AO in a couple of respects—he spent time apprenticing the system, and wasn’t out there starting in a situation where we get to see all his growing pains. And he is a year more experienced. So Barron is in that crucial 4-7 year veteran phase. AO was just getting there.

    In other respects they’re different versions of the same guy. Just that one’s a base LB and the other’s a base DB.

    AND Alexander is coming along, too.

    So I am just enjoying all of this.

    IMO this defense IS better than 99. The DL is better, though the 99 DL was a good one. But in 99, except for London, I thought the back 7 was more average. This back 7 is loaded with exceptional players.

    ….

    ==============================

    I dunno about this D being better than the 99 D. I dunno.
    They seem like very different kinds of defenses to me. I know
    nothing about X’s and O’s so i cant explain it, but
    they just seem like apples and orangutans.

    At any rate, until GW’s D can be a ‘little’ more
    consistent stopping big plays, and the run,
    I cant call them clearly-better.

    This D certainly hasnt had the GSOT-help
    the 99D had, thats for sure.

    I think this D has more raw talent,
    but I am not sure they are as ‘consistent’.

    Then again, the 99D played that historically-Cake
    schedule…. So, i dunno

    w
    v

    in reply to: Would you kill 6.5 Billion people ? #33675
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Yes, I would. Eagerly. Easy decision, your game. We are severely overstocked with humans – many of them bad. Everyone that has ever intentionally harmed another for their own gain or amusement would be gone. I don’t even have to think about it. It would be over 6.5 billion too and I would be happy they were gone.

    Now, if the rules were changed, and I had to make a Judgement call, then no I could not do that. But if I knew for certain that those that fit my definition of bad would be gone, I would jump at the chance.

    Yeah, I think i would to. But what the hell
    does that say about us?

    Mack may be the only one of us
    thats not massively-genocidal.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Prediction thread – Minnesota Vikings – out of doors #33672
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I don’t know ZN, Loadholt is out for the season C Sullivan had a setback after back surgery this is far from the OL that blew the Rams 2yds of the LOS last year. Kalil is doing better this year but Berger Fusco Clemmings that interior is pretty soft these days.

    That’s fair. You know them better than I do by far.

    So you are saying he’s a Viking fan. I see.

    We will have to open up another front,
    in the board-war. Raider fans AND Viking fans, now.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Benoit on Barron and Gurley…+ more on Barron #33657
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Gurley is the ‘glide-iest’ big-runner I can think of.
    So smooth. I dunno if that ‘matters’ as far as
    gaining yardage, but it is somethin that jumps out at ya
    when u watch him.

    I had a feeling the rams would be fine with Barron
    playing instead of Ogletree. In fact, sometimes
    i suspect they are better with Barron than Ogletree.
    Ogletree has good hands and is very dangerous,
    but it also seems like he gets overly aggressive/reckless
    sometimes. I dunno.

    I wonder about Chris Long. Is it time to
    move on or is he still a key cog in the machine?

    w
    v

    in reply to: La Confora: Rams probably won't owe Eagles a 4th #33638
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I tend to think Foles is indeed a ‘better leader’
    though its just a guess on my part based
    on the same incomplete, fragmented info we’ve all read.
    I dont think its just an ‘outgoing guy’ vs a ‘less outgoing guy’.

    I think i prefer Foles, but I dunno. I kinda doubt
    Bradford would have survived the hits Foles took in Green Bay.
    I was surprised Foles got up after a couple of those hits.

    Lets hope the OLine gels and we dont have to watch
    Case Keenum or Mannion behind this OLine.

    Without Gurley I’d bet Foles wouldnt make it
    thru the season in one piece.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Catch percentage

    This is for every WR and TE who has been with the Rams both years, and has had 20 or more targets.

    2014:

    Tavon Austin 70.5%
    Stedman Bailey 65.2%
    Kenny Britt 57.1%
    Jared Cook 52.5%
    Lance Kendricks 71.1%
    Brian Quick 64.1%

    2015

    Tavon Austin 61.5%
    Stedman Bailey 47.6%
    Kenny Britt 46.2%
    Jared Cook 54.3%
    Lance Kendricks 56.3%
    Brian Quick 40.0%

    Somethin aint right about those numbers —
    tavon has better percentages than Stedman?
    We ‘know’ Stedman has better hands.

    w
    v

    in reply to: The Lower Productivity of Organic Farming #33592
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, its a very interesting issue. Nittany has
    raised some interesting ideas.

    I’m not sure what i think about it, anymore.
    I dunno.

    But i do consider the fact that Europe has
    considered the issue and weighed the pluses
    and minuses and they seem to have
    decided on a more cautious/slow course:

    “…Evidence from foreign markets where GM ingredient labeling has been mandatory for many years—for instance, the European Union, where all foods containing or derived from GM crop ingredients (excluding livestock products) have had to be labeled since 2003–indicates that when food processors and retailers have been faced with these constraints they have typically avoided GM ingredients, offering consumers only certified non-GM and organic products….”

    I give that some weight, cause i tend
    to think Europeans are more grown-up
    than Americans.

    w
    v

    in reply to: La Confora: Rams probably won't owe Eagles a 4th #33590
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I havent watched the Eagles. Why is
    Bradford playing so poorly,
    assuming he is ?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Avatar #33589
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    NY, the pacific NW and most of the north east killed it from what I hear.

    A bit dry in cali though…

    Excuses!
    A lot of States have had dryness.
    But they still got the job done.

    …If Weed is as legal as beer
    in Colorado, then I wonder if thats an
    advantage as far as getting Free agents
    to sign for Denver ?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Prediction thread – Minnesota Vikings – out of doors #33584
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    The loss did not sit well with me, especially since it came from the Vikings….

    Plus I was younger, and still believed in the power of prayer. So the Vikings not only stole the games, they stole my belief in a benevolent deity, and set me on the pathway to reckless despair that you see me on today.

    So your blaming Jesus for the playoff
    losses to the Vikings?

    Its a well-known fact Jesus is a Raider fan,
    so I dont think he’d even play dice
    with a Viking-Ram game.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Avatar #33582
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Nobody said anything about Touchdown Jesus.

    Now that pic is what you think it is.

    I will fill it and update the pic in celebrating the Rams victory and our American Freedoms Sunday nite.

    I guess u dont live in
    O-hio

    w
    v

    in reply to: Mack, belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY #33581
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Happy Day of Birth,
    Mack.

    I always read Mack-posts.

    w
    v

    in reply to: what ails the passing game? #33518
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well I’m not a hundred percent sure we can
    extrapolate much from the last two games.
    I mean, the Rams got out to a lead and
    Fisher probly really trusted the defense
    and running game to win the last two.

    I’m not sure the same offensive-approach
    and play-calling will stay in place
    as the Rams face teams that can score
    more points. I dunno.

    Btw, you can ‘usually’ tell when Fisher thinks
    he’s an underdog because he tries to steal
    a possession with Hekker-Trickery.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Rams News Recap: Nov. 3 #33495
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Vikes podcast
    http://www.startribune.com/access-vikings-podcast-zimmer-and-the-vikings-keep-proving-doubters-wrong/339969852/
    Episode 16: The Vikings are winning games they haven’t won in recent years. But can they do it against good teams?
    ————-

    I listened to some of this and it dont sound
    like the vike-podcasters are very impressed with their QB

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 11 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Fisher, 11/2 … transcript #33472
    Avatar photowv
    Participant
Viewing 30 posts - 10,411 through 10,440 (of 12,965 total)