Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 10,381 through 10,410 (of 12,965 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: reporters violently blast the BEARS game #34161
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, there’s no way we should expect victories against either of those teams based on the way the Rams played today. Plus Havenstein’s status is uncertain and Brown is done for the year. Probably looking at 4 – 7.

    Did you see the game? What do you think happened
    today? I mean…WTF? None of us
    was expecting anything like THIS.
    Good lord.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    ———————————
    Laram

    When you are good within the division but bad outside…its coaching.

    In division = familiarity. You know who yoiur opponent is, and what they do.

    Outside the division = Requires more preparation and game planning

    Coaching.
    ——————————————–

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I was busy and couldn’t watch the fiasco.
    Just saw the highlights and nfl.com
    and saw the stats.

    I might be able to post rationally
    at some point in the future,
    but right now, I am…speechless.

    I have no words.

    w
    v
    “His descent was like nightfall.”
    ― Homer, The Iliad

    in reply to: Feel the Bern #34129
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I’m votin for Bern,
    for all the obvious reasons,
    but
    he cant win,
    for all the obvious reasons,
    of course.

    He’ll do surprisingly well,
    though. Which is nice.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Saw Lewis Black Live tonight #34127
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Awesome, Mack. That’s great.

    …I’ve been listening to a lot of old ‘socialist’ music lately.
    I’ve been googling around and looking for old pro-labor folk singers
    and such.

    And then i heard David Cross, the comedian, accidently.
    I bought a music-CD at
    the salvation-army and i didnt check what was inside the
    case — and it turned out a David Cross comedy CD was
    inside the CD case instead of the music-cd. So,
    i listened to Cross, and he was great. Turns out
    he’s a socialist of sorts. So, then i googled around
    for socialist comedians. Thats where those to brit-comics
    I posted, came from.

    Anyway, I have not listened to much of Lewis Black over
    the years, but maybe I’ll give him a try.

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 11 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Bank this #34125
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I dont think so. No razzle-dazzle today.
    I think Fisher will save that for Baltimore.
    Today, i think they just play
    straight up and rely on their
    superior talent.

    w
    v

    in reply to: gameday tweets…Forte out, Welker active #34124
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, their top RB back is out
    and their big WR is gimpy,
    and the game is in St.Louis,
    and its a must win for the Rams.

    If they cant win this one,
    then Fisher needs to have a sage
    plant stuck up his ass and
    burned in the city square.

    Thats for Lyser.

    …my main concern right now
    is Quinn. They can win today without
    Quinn, but
    on the road they will need
    Donald AND Quinn or this defense
    aint so scary. And the defense
    has to carry the team, obviously.

    So, today, I am interested in Quinn,
    and Welker and the non-existent passing
    game. Can the Rams pass, at home,
    against a losing team.

    w
    v

    in reply to: articles: What's Wrong on Third Down? #34104
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    from Bernie Miklasz

    http://www.101sports.com/2015/11/13/the-five-keys-to-a-rams-victory-over-chicago/

    full article here: http://theramshuddle.com/topic/reporters-preview-the-bears-game/#post-34085

    3. Want To Do Better on Third Down? Here’s How: By now we’re tired of mentioning that the Rams’ third-down conversion rate, an abysmal 23.7 percent, is the poorest by an NFL team since the statistic became official in 1972….

    Moreover, their second-down performance is lacking. According to STATS LLC the Rams are ranked last in the NFL in successful second-down plays …

    —————————–

    Yeah, its not a “third down problem” — it’s
    an “Offense problem.”
    A “pass offense problem” mostly.

    The question is,
    is it the QB, the Receivers,
    the Oline, the OC/Fisher,
    or all of the above ?

    And is it going to improve?

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 11 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: brit comic #34084
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Stewart Lee

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Super bowl?

    Lost me there.

    Yup. Total bullshit.
    I’m sorry but a team that cant convert
    a third down is a Super Bowl team?
    Please.

    Tbey have a chance to be a ‘wild-card level team’.
    Ten wins. That sort of thing. But that is
    a far cry from elite.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Will the Rams beat the Bears? #34015
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Increasing the offensive playbook by 33% in one week might be too much too soon for the offense to absorb.

    You guys dont seem to understand Fisher-ball —
    Welker was brought in to RUN it up the middle.
    Thats how Fisher will threaten the middle
    of the field.

    The fourth play will be Welker up the gut.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Michael Young on the passing game and Welker, etc

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Schlereth is a Denver guy, and he said
    Welker looked really bad his last year in Denver.
    Said he doubted there was much left in his tank.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Would you kill 6.5 Billion people ? #33990
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    What if some of the 6.5 billion people disappeared had to come from members of your family and friends?

    Could you do it then for the good of the world?

    Well the game rules are set by the “decider”. So,
    you can make what ever rules you want. I think, originally,
    I said no friends or family need be involved, etc.

    But if you want to set up a scenario where friends and family
    have to be included — then…I’d have to think about it
    harder.

    It might depend on ‘which’ family members ? 🙂

    Again, ‘my’ argument is, that the biosphere is
    seriously threatened now. FUTURE humans, animals,
    and plants will not be born, if something doesnt change…
    …so, what if someone eliminated all the “unkind” and “unwise”
    humans….what would the future look like ‘then’…?

    Define ‘wise’ or ‘unkind’ anyway YOU want.

    w
    v

    in reply to: what Bears fans are saying #33989
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Favored?! The Bears?! Over the Rams?!
    Someone should take a pair of tweezers and carefully pull his pea brain out through his nose, rinse it in a mild bleach solution to clean off the ‘stupid’ and then reinsert it back into his heretofore useless head.

    Then maybe he won’t make ridiculous pronouncements like “the Bears should be favored if blah blah blah”…

    Ok, I’d rate that flame, at a B+ level.
    I would have given it an “A” if you had
    mentioned the new Hall of Fame
    QB/WR duo of Foles-to-Welker

    w
    v

    in reply to: reporters on Welker #33983
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I wouldn’t do it if I had his concussion history.

    yeah.

    Well, i think he wanted to be
    able to say, he played with three
    Hall of Fame Quarterbacks.

    w
    v

    in reply to: reporters on Welker #33980
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I wouldn’t do it if I had his concussion history.

    So you wouldnt sacrifice your brain
    for the Rams?

    And you call yourself a fan ?

    w
    v

    in reply to: what Bears fans are saying #33979
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    “If Quinn and Long are out again, I’d say we should be favored. If Quinn is back, it tips to St. Louis’ favor. Even still, I think the run game will be out the window; between Donald, Brockers, and Fairley I think we will get eaten up inside. Our best bet for consistent production is going to be Alshon and Bennett in the 7-12 yard range.”

    This guy sounds too intelligent
    to be a Bears fan.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Will the Rams beat the Bears? #33978
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Rams will win, but all their wins
    will be hideously-ugly this year. Fisher-wins,
    I’m gonna start calling them.

    Their losses will be ugly too.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Benoit's Film Break Down: Rams vs. Vikings #33977
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    “#Rams have a much weaker pass rush without Quinn. Less diverse, too.”

    Thats why i changed my pick from a three point ram win
    to a close ram loss. Quinn means that much, imho.
    He and Donald are critical to this D. If the O
    only has to account for one, then the DLine
    is blockable.

    What exactly IS Quinn’s injury, btw?
    Is it going to be a lingering thing?
    Is he going to be a hundred percent at some point
    this year? Its a big issue.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Tweets 11/10 #33917
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Hope we get people back this week.

    Yeah, i want Quinn back. The Defensive Front
    is what i have the most fun watching.
    Gotta have Q though.

    Maybe they dont need him against the Bears
    but they will need him after that.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Is this the worst ram pass offense ever? #33916
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Now everyone has there ideas about why his teams went up and
    down, but the fact is he had a lot of mediocre seasons — and
    the owner kept him all those years.

    And i am gonna ‘guess’ that the reason is, a lot of those
    teams were ‘close’ to being good. All those 8-8 teams —
    tantalyzingly close to being good. Maybe its hard
    to fire a guy when you think, “well, they just
    need one more year and one more draft, etc…”

    This is very interesting. A pattern of mediocrity that perpetually teases but rarely actually breaks through into excellence. Even ’99 was more of a miracle over-achievement than the arrival of a great team.

    He just might be the ideal case of a glass half-full and half-empty. Do you hope for the half-full glass to fill to the brim? Or do you realize it will never be full?

    Personally, I see this as an indictment of a perpetually mediocre coach who will generally tease without paying off. Sounds about right as a description of what we’ve seen for 4 years!

    —————————————
    Well, if he ‘only’ had mediocre years, he wouldnt have lasted.

    He had 13 win teams, THREE times. And one 12 win team. One 11 win team.
    And one 10 win team. So thats six good-to-very good teams.

    Then he also had Ten mediocre-to-bad teams in Tenn.
    And three mediocre teams in St.Louis.
    And then this year which is mediocre so far, but still eight games
    to go.

    I dunno what any of that proves, other
    than he HAS built good teams.
    Six times.

    So, ‘staying the course’ isn’t totally
    irrational, i would argue. Though,
    in all those years, he’s never won a Ring.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Is this the worst ram pass offense ever? #33910
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Thanks, WV. Appreciate the response.

    Now, I agree. This is not a bad team. It’s a 9-7; 8-8 team. It’s probably a bit better than average.

    I guess the question is, is that an appropriate return on the investment in Fisher over 4 seasons?

    And a couple of things in specifics. First, I see virtually no evidence of potential in the Ram passing game. Foles looks really, really bad. I simply don’t believe a genuinely good QB looks like this. Britt and Cook flash at times, but both have shown themselves over their careers to be flakes. Quick? Bailey? Both seem to be shrinking, not growing.

    And, see, that’s the thing. You mention coaches. Well, this coaching staff has had Quick and Bailey and Britt and Cook for years. And they are getting worse, not better. Where is there any evidence that this coaching staff has any capacity to get quality performance out of these guys except for once in a while? Hell, Fisher is widely known as a guy who struggles to coach a passing attack, even when he had a genuinely quality QB at TENN.

    You know, this whole thing of coaching is a strange matter. People expect performance due to talent, but then they talk about relying on coaches to overcome weak roster areas, and they often show a blind faith in the magic of time to improve units that remain stuck in mediocrity … or worse.

    My friend, you are one who does hold a coaching staff responsible from year to year. Last year was Year 3. This year is Year 4.

    And the best Fisher can do is talk as if the offense needs time to work out the kinks.

    The fact is that Fisher has brought in … J Long, Cook, Britt, Quick, Tavon, Stedman, Foles, and the youngsters on the OL. He re-signed Saffold when OAK knew the guy had suspect shoulders. He let Barksdale go. Those are all his acquisitions and decisions. He OWNS THIS BLEEDING OFFENSE! IT’S YEAR 4. And we are STILL hearing him blather on about how they need to solve basic problems that nearly all NFL offenses solve on a routine basis.

    No, this is not a bad team. But Fisher to me has no track record that suggests his staff is going to be able to solve passing game challenges in 2015 or 2016.

    Ah, well …

    ================

    Well, you know, I’ve been thinking about how LONG fisher
    lasted in Tennessee. He was there for a gazillion years,
    even though most of his seasons were mediocre or worse.

    Now everyone has there ideas about why his teams went up and
    down, but the fact is he had a lot of mediocre seasons — and
    the owner kept him all those years.

    And i am gonna ‘guess’ that the reason is, a lot of those
    teams were ‘close’ to being good. All those 8-8 teams —
    tantalyzingly close to being good. Maybe its hard
    to fire a guy when you think, “well, they just
    need one more year and one more draft, etc…”

    Thats kinda where “I” am anyway — the team IS
    close. Its not a bad team. They played
    the Pack close, and the Vikes close, and Pitt
    close and of course beat Seattle and Ariz, etc.

    So, assuming Finishes around .500 again — do
    you start over? Or look at it, like, the
    team is very close, stay the course.

    I dunno. Everyone has their own take on Fisher.

    What i HOPE is that in eight weeks we are
    not sitting here talking about a .500 record.
    There’s eight more games. Maybe they beat
    the Bears at home. Maybe they beat
    the faltering Ravens. That puts them
    at 6-4, and who knows…maybe their
    coming-out game will be with the Bengals.

    We’ll see. Basically, I’m saying
    the season aint over. Its still too
    early to evaluate Year 4.

    w
    v

    in reply to: No playoffs this year (reactions to the Vikes game) #33909
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    My two cents on a couple of things:

    Fisher lost this game by going for two early in the game down by ten. Why do you do that so early in the game with this offense and then run the most obvious play? Stupid. Zuerlein’s field goal at the end of the game wins it instead of tying. Pittsburgh goes for two points so often because they are using their fourth kicker, so what the hell.

    <span class=”d4pbbc-font-color” style=”color: blue”>I know that Fisher going for 2 is the most popular criticism on the net by virtually everyone. I say they are all wrong. I could do the math again, but I doubt I can change the internet. Maybe some authority figure will write something I can use. If everyone wishes to criticize Fisher then do it because he played for a FG and a tie at the 4 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Anyway we had the ball in overtime and didn’t win. There is the next best place to criticize. imo</span>

    ———————————–

    I have no problem with the two-point try.

    Next week…is…a… big game,
    you know. Did you know that?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Bears, Ravens, Bengals, Cards, Lions, Bucs… #33907
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    <span class=”d4pbbc-font-color” style=”color: blue”>We are 7th in the playoff picture. Along with a bunch of other .500 teams. Our best chance is that Atlanta folds. imo</span>

    Yes, thats what I’m thinking.
    I think Atlanta will fade. I dont
    think they are for real.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Bears, Ravens, Bengals, Cards, Lions, Bucs… #33904
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    They have a shot at the playoffs. But they most likely aren’t going to make them, and at this point, I don’t much care anymore. The offense dooms this team.

    My problem is I’m not sure how much better it gets.

    I will just be watching, hoping to see the offense start converting some 3rd downs, and attack the middle of the field. If I just see that development, I’m fine.

    If I don’t, I enter the off-season praying for a QB.

    ================

    Well something tells me,
    QB is going to be the most
    discussed topic by fans
    this offseason.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Is this the worst ram pass offense ever? #33894
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Bernie M. said on one of the broadcasts that he checked stats for 3rd down conversions and he could only go back to 1972 and since that time–the Rams have the WORST third down conversion percentage. In other words–as far back as that stat goes–the Rams are the worst. That’s all-time kind of futility.

    Not good.

    ————————-
    Yeah, i think its historic-horrendousness.

    One of the worst ram pass-offenses. ever.

    So far.

    And yet, they are still a dangerous team,
    that has a shot at the playoffs.

    w
    v

    in reply to: PFF on the Vikes game #33889
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    …Fisher said on his weekly radio show that he expects the offense to break out soon.

    ==================

    Do you expect that?

    w
    v

    <span class=”d4pbbc-font-color” style=”color: blue”>Fisher would not lie to me. I think more than any other game, this game got Fisher upset. He wasn’t his normal, 24 rule and on to the next game self. He also said he was going to line the defensive line 3 yards of the line of scrimmage and give them a running start.</span>

    Yeah, Stedman and Watts go all knucklehead, and Zimmer gets mad,
    and Rodney Harrison attacks him, and he loses in Overtime,
    and his defense goes offsides boarding the plane,
    and Foles hasnt converted a third-down since he was an Eagle…
    …and after 4 years,
    there Fisher is…at… — .500
    Once again.

    Ah well

    w
    v

    in reply to: No playoffs this year (reactions to the Vikes game) #33886
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    That game sealed it. The only question now is do they finish with a winning record or at .500.

    Yep. Another lost year in terms of playoffs.

    I suppose we might be able to claim marginal improvement with, say, a 9-7 record. But it doesn’t add up to much for Fisher’s Year 4.

    What a depressingly consistent pattern of mediocrity. Only a lazy, distant, unengaged owner would even consider giving Fisher yet another year.

    —————————

    Well, i see your point. Year FOUR and still mediocre.

    But they do seem close, to me.

    Snisher has built a playoff defense.
    A playoff special-teams unit.
    A playoff running-game.

    There just that pesky little pass-offense
    problem 🙂

    I dunno. Fisher says he expects the offense
    to break-out soon. That would be nice.

    w
    v

    in reply to: PFF on the Vikes game #33885
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    …Fisher said on his weekly radio show that he expects the offense to break out soon.

    ==================

    Do you expect that?

    w
    v

Viewing 30 posts - 10,381 through 10,410 (of 12,965 total)