Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 10,051 through 10,080 (of 12,965 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Experimenter – Stanley Milgram movie #37225
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Friend of mine, said radiolab had a segment
    on the Milgram experiment that looked
    at what the subjects actually said about
    what happened and it lead to some
    folks drawing different conclusions
    than Milgram drew….i aint listened yet
    http://www.radiolab.org/story/180092-the-bad-show/

    in reply to: 101, 1/13 … Timmerman, Wagoner, Bruce, Vermeil…and more #37219
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    This is a moving target.

    Since I posted that pic of the audio page, it has already changed.

    The best one so far is Kaplan.

    .

    I liked Carey Davis too.
    He’s quite blunt about the
    nature of the biz.

    w
    v

    in reply to: sorry to hear that Mike #37213
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, I agree totally: fuck the Corporate-nfl.
    Fuck the Billionaire-club.

    But i hope Michael rejoins the
    conversation again. He would
    be missed.

    w
    v

    I agree. The fans like Mike Franke and all of the Ram and football fans I read/met/conversed with from St Louis made the Rams leaving LA in 1994/1995 palatable for me. but, they all need to deal with this tragic event in their own way. Mike invested a lot of himself each season in the Rams. Interacting with the Rams fans from St Louis was the best thing about the Rams moving to St Louis. I was heart broken and disgusted when the LA to St Louis move happened as I’m sure many of the St Louis fans are today. The fans have little or no control over the level of greed that truly defines the NFL and all pro sports. There is little or no loyalty by any of them – owners, coaches, and players to anything other than profit.

    Yup. That’s basically what Carey Davis said in a podcast
    on espn.

    w
    v

    in reply to: board response to the NFL vote…Rams to LA #37209
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I haven’t paid much attention to the stadium
    stuff cause I wanted to wait and see
    which one got the green light.

    This thing is…um…unique.

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: saw The Revenant #37207
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I’ll be seeing it next week,
    probably.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Seattle's safer tackling methods may change game #37204
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    It would be nice if TJ
    and Ogletree would take a look at that.

    JL has been tackling that way his whole career.
    (and a lot of fans dont like it 🙂

    w
    v

    in reply to: ESPN Radio in LA #37203
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    That was worth a listen. Money over Loyalty.

    Yes.

    Or Loyalty TO money.

    As fans, maybe its good to
    be disillusioned sometimes. Ya know.
    To get a good look behind the curtain.
    It helps us figure out what exactly
    we are loyal TO. The horns?, The Players?,
    The League? The Owner? The Coach? Organization? The ‘city’?
    (what does it mean to be loyal to a ‘city’ ?)

    I dunno.

    Does St.Louis build a stadium now anyway?
    w
    v

    in reply to: Quarterback Crisis #37183
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I just drafted 3 QBs.

    I think thats illegal.

    w
    v

    in reply to: ESPN Radio in LA #37177
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    The Andrew Brandt audio is good.
    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14560893&s=espn

    Pay attention to the part that starts about 1 minute 20 seconds into it.
    Brandt says Jerry Jones and the “money guys” Ie, Snyder, Jeff Lurie, Woody Johnson, etc — “took over the room”.

    The committee that had vote 5 to 1, otoh,
    had guys like Rooney on it.

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Lawrence Phillips is dead #37173
    Avatar photowv
    Participant
    in reply to: ESPN Radio in LA #37172
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    He’s why they moved.

    A lot of people don’t
    know that.

    w
    v

    in reply to: board response to the NFL vote…Rams to LA #37168
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    logically, I know you are right.

    Logic is not on the forefront of my brain at the moment.

    I hear ya.

    w
    v

    in reply to: board response to the NFL vote…Rams to LA #37165
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    …I can’t speak.

    I’m not sure at which point I fell in love with this team. I wish I hadn’t.

    Well, lemme just ask…
    How many games did you actually attend though Herzog?
    Wasn’t your fan-experience basically
    TV, Internet, Message-Boards ?

    You still have that, just like zn, and
    Nittany and PaRam, and Snowman, etc, etc.

    Agree with you totally on the Kronky thing,
    though. Yup. He screwed lotsa fans. Same as Georgia.
    That aint the “Rams” though — thats Kronky.
    And Georgia.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Star Wars #37162
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I liked it, but…damn. It’s the same story.

    Yeah. Exactly. Same story,
    but i kinda liked it.

    Friend of mine said he was disappointed
    that there weren’t more “Aliens.”
    I think i agree. I would have liked to see
    some more creativity.

    w
    v

    in reply to: board response to the NFL vote…Rams to LA #37161
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I would ‘think’ (just guessing) that the move
    will be good for the Rams ‘psychologically’.
    I mean they have this decade-long streak
    of losing and mediocrity.

    What better way to begin a New chapter
    than by…beginning a new chapter. Ya know.
    New look, new location, new culture, new vibe.
    Just seems like if i were a coach,
    I’d say the move was a ‘positive’ thing.

    Otoh, the ole Rams were often criticized
    for not being able to go east and play
    in the cold weather. The thought
    was that they got a little ‘soft’
    in Hollywood. California never seemed
    to hurt the 49ers though. So…we’ll see.

    w
    v

    in reply to: reporters on the Rams to LA vote (1/12-1/13 so far) #37160
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Natural grass though.

    I;ve seen it argued that the Rams as they are now built are not as good on grass.

    The defense for one is slower.

    However, maybe the long national nightmare of endless OL injuries will go away.

    I wonder how Gurley will like playing
    in the Rain, and such.

    Wonder what the Rams record is
    over the last four years,
    on grass?

    w
    v

    in reply to: reporters on the Rams to LA vote (1/12-1/13 so far) #37156
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    As far as NFL alignment goes, the Rams’ move makes make great geographical sense. The NFC West will now presumable be comprised of Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona and the Los Angeles Rams, a perfect top-to-bottom West Coast (and slightly inland) group. If the Chargers move, the AFC West would consist of Oakland (for now), Denver, Kansas City and the Los Angeles Chargers. The franchises, they are a-changin’.
    —————————-

    “Los Angeles Chargers” — for some reason, I hadn’t
    thought about the fact the Chargers would not be
    called the San Diego Chargers anymore.

    LA Rams and LA Chargers.

    How weird.

    So for two or three years it will be
    the old Coliseum ?
    Not a great home-field advantage.
    The sound wont be intimidating.
    Natural grass though.

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: sorry to hear that Mike #37151
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, I agree totally: fuck the Corporate-nfl.
    Fuck the Billionaire-club.

    But i hope Michael rejoins the
    conversation again. He would
    be missed.

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: board response to the NFL vote…Rams to LA #37150
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    The real pertinent issue, for me, is all the St. Louis fans we will lose in the process. So I won’t be sitting there in the chat room feeling warm and glowy because they are in LA. Instead, I will be noticing and lamenting the missing members of our own community. Those guys mean far more to me than sunny home games in winter.

    —————————

    Sure. True. But to state the obvious,
    the St.Louis fans are perfectly welcome on
    the Nomad-Train, with so many of us,
    Non-locals.

    Nomad life is good. No parking hassles.
    No need to pay Kronky’s ticket-prices.
    No need to sit behind a guy with a
    giant watermelon on his head,
    reading Shakespeare.(probably zooey)

    Also, I am not sure the LA thing will be
    bad for the team. They went to a Super Bowl
    in 79 and had plenty of near-misses in LA.
    So they can do fine, even with all the
    surrounding fan-distractions.

    Anywayz….strange times. kinda surreal.
    Kronky fires St.Louis instead of Fisher.
    It’ll take some time to process all this.

    w
    v

    in reply to: board response to the NFL vote…Rams to LA #37097
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    My own personal feeling? …I grew up
    watching the old blue-and-white Rams in LA.
    The team in St.Louis wore red. And i liked the Cardinals
    but they weren’t the Rams.

    When i see the old Blue and White uniforms
    i get the same feeling as when i open an old box
    of Christmas cards that my mom has saved. Its like that.
    Warm feelings. Childhood memories. Thats how i feel
    when i see the blue and whites.

    So, I’m glad they are returning to Los Angeles;
    I KNOW now, finally, they will wear the blue and whites
    from time to time. I really thought i’d never see that again.

    I have so many warm and poignant memories — Jack Snow, Les Josephson,
    Deacon/Merlin (thats one word btw :),
    Youngbloods, George Allen, Cullen Bryant, Alvin Hammond, Bob Brown,
    McCutcheon, Slater, Diron Talbot, Coy Bacon, Billy Waddy, Ferragamo’s pass, Prothro, Knox, Harold Jackson, The Vikings, Joe Kapp, The Cowboys, Staubach, The 49ers, Brodie…the St.Louis thing, just never ever felt quite right to me. Deep down it always felt a bit off….

    …I know some of the St.Louis fans will stop following the team
    and to state the obvious, thats fine. Everyone feels
    ‘connections’ to different things — some folks feel connected
    to the city, some to the players, some to a coach, some to
    the uniforms, etc. There’s no right or wrong to any of that,
    obviously.

    As for me…my own totally-subjective-irrational-feeling is…
    …the Rams belong in blue and whites, in Los Angeles.
    …and the red and white Cardinals belong in St.Louis.
    Or maybe the Stallions belong in St.Louis. Something
    belongs in St.Louis.

    Georgia was a dick. Kronky is a dick. The NFL is a
    soul-less-corporation. The ‘game’
    and the conversation with the posters, about the game,
    is still fun for me.

    Back to Los Angeles. I like it. I’ll still be living out
    the questions and throw’in things at the tv
    in West, by god, Virginia 🙂

    w
    v
    Someone posted this on youtube :

    in reply to: board response to the NFL vote…Rams to LA #37096
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Somewhere,
    Grits is smiling.

    w
    v

    in reply to: … relocation stuff (from before the vote) #37041
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    SD moving to LA is like the Rams moving to Columbia

    yeah. not exactly like moving half way across the continent.

    See he totally lost me with that.
    I thought he meant Columbia the nation,
    and… i was mulling that over.

    w
    v

    in reply to: … relocation stuff (from before the vote) #37022
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Btw, so much of this anger in St.Louis
    is exactly what the fans in LA went
    through back in the 90’s. I mean
    you can go back and read the letters
    and articles from the LA times, etc.

    http://articles.latimes.com/1994-05-04/news/mn-53698_1_rams-move

    w
    v

    in reply to: … relocation stuff (from before the vote) #37018
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    The most despicable part of this was SK’s scorching of STL on the way out. He was “a Missouri guy” dedicated to finding a way to stay in STL … until there was a chance to build a stadium in L.A. He’s poisoned the well here, and now all the owners know it would be a horrible situation in STL if he stays put with the Rams. The lack of fan support is a self-fulfilled prophecy. He’s such an asshole, though, that Spanos won’t play ball with him. It will take an extraordinary amount of carrot-and-stick diplomacy to get another owner to go in with SK on a deal. The guy has absolutely no ethics. He wants what he wants when he wants it.

    I actually do think that the Raiders to St. Louis is a potential solution. There is just no way that Oakland’s using public funds, and the Raiders have been trying to get a new stadium for decades. I would say that, somehow, the Raiders could make use of the STL stadium plan.

    ======================
    Well, I don’t think he’s any more of an asshole than Georgia
    was. Or Rosenbloom. Or most of them ‘Owners.’

    Georgia was a hero to a lot of St.Louis folk. Why?
    Cause she screwed over the LA fans.

    Kroenke is an asshole to a lot of St.Louis folk.
    Cause he wants to move the team, just
    like Georgia did — for more money.

    I just think identifying with an ‘owner‘
    is probly, maybe, not a good idea for fans.

    I guess my point is — if Kroenke is an asshole,
    so was Georgia. But i didnt hear St.Louis
    fans saying “Georgia is an asshole for moving
    the team away from LA, to St.Louis”

    Ya know.

    Owners are billionaire Cthulhus.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    His foot struck the ball underneath the laces anyway.

    He shanked it.

    And then later, he and the Vikings
    announcers cried.

    Dont forget the crying
    part.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Seattle press spins luck as mental toughness #36995
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    They ain’t winning the NFC this year.
    Somethin aint quite right with them this year.

    The Vikes were mediocre and they barely escaped.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Quarterback Crisis #36965
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Wentz sounds good to me. I doubt
    he’s around at 15.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Greg Williams #36948
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I don’t think he’s that special. I think he gets points for how he used Barron after Ogletree went down. The run D struggled at times even with a great D line. I think maybe he gets a B grade.

    Is it a ‘great line’ though, without Quinn?
    Brockers aint great. Simms? Hayes? Fairley?
    Solid players?
    I dunno if its really a ‘great line’
    without Q.

    w
    v

    in reply to: 1983..(a merman I should turn to be) #36944
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    in reply to: Wild Card Predictions #36943
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Word on Green Bay is that they not only miss Nelson, their OL has been very banged up. When guys are not out, they’re playing with injuries, and it looks out of sync. It’s like the 2014 Rams in that regard.

    Washington, on the other hand, relies on its OL as a team strength, and their line is pretty healthy.

    It’s the old story, and it’s why Cousins looks good and Rodgers doesn’t.

    Well if it stays close, my money
    is still on Rogers.

    Point taken though. Earlier
    in the year folks were arguing
    that A.Rogers THE greatest QB of ALL TIME.
    Not so much this last month.

    w
    v

Viewing 30 posts - 10,051 through 10,080 (of 12,965 total)