Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 1,294 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 2026 draft: UDFAs #163613
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    I see they also signed WR, EJ Williams from Indiana. He’s taller with decent straight line speed. So far Williams and Peterson from Wisconsin are the players that I’m at least somewhat familiar with. I like them both. I could see them making the practice squad this year.

    EDIT: actually, I’m not sure if Williams signed with the Rams, might a Raider. Wait and see I guess.

    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Avatar photocanadaram.
    in reply to: Rams 7th Rd pick (232) Tim Keenan, DT, Bama #163542
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    I don’t understand what that description means by “lack of size.” A person who weighs in at 327lbs is not usually lacking in size, not even if they’re a nose tackle in the NFL. He does have noticeably short arms though. I like it when the Rams draft DTs though. I hope he sticks around and becomes a space eater.

    in reply to: Rams 1st round pick, #13…Ty Simpson #163430
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Both Seattle and San Francisco fans are happy about the pick. Radio people in NoCal are very pleased.

    I was listening to PFT Live this morning and Chris Simms said the same thing. He is friends with Kyle Shanahan and mentioned that Shanahan said he was bothered/worried by the fact that the Rams had the 13th pick were going to add a player who would be immediately impactful to an already good roster.

    I agree that the pick makes sense though. I was hoping that the Rams would get a QB in the first round the year that they took Verse. I thought Stafford only had a year left back then. If they are picking late next year, it will be tough to find Stafford’s heir apparent. Hopefully Simpson doesn’t have to see the field this year.

    in reply to: Rams 1st round pick, #13…Ty Simpson #163413
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    April 23rd was my birthday.

    w
    v

    A belated happy birthday to you. Sorry that an old wound was reopened.

    in reply to: Rams 1st round pick, #13…Ty Simpson #163411
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Ross Tucker has several pre draft discussions about Ty Simpson. Cosell mentions McVay specifically as part of his talk.

    in reply to: Rams 1st round pick, #13…Ty Simpson #163410
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Kurt Warner (FYI he’s a former Ram) talks about Ty Simpson pre-draft.

    in reply to: Rams 1st round pick, #13…Ty Simpson #163409
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    CD and Eisen in a pre draft discussion about the Rams potentially drafting Simpson:

    in reply to: Rams 1st round pick, #13…Ty Simpson #163395
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Simms on Simpson pre draft:

    in reply to: Rams 1st round pick, #13…Ty Simpson #163394
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    didn’t know it was going to be the Rams until he saw the area code on his phone when the Rams were in the clock.

    So that tells us one thing.

    He has a mind that can immediately identify at least 32 different area codes.

    Exactly. Why else would I share that information? Mendoza only knows 7 of them.

    in reply to: Rams 1st round pick, #13…Ty Simpson #163392
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    in reply to: Rams 1st round pick, #13…Ty Simpson #163388
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Just listened to Ty Simpson being interviewed on Sirius’s draft coverage. Ty said he never met with McVay pre draft. Looking forward to meeting and learning from both McVay and Stafford. Knew he’d go in the first round, didn’t know it was going to be the Rams until he saw the area code on his phone when the Rams were in the clock.

    in reply to: Rams 1st round pick, #13…Ty Simpson #163384
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    in reply to: uniform changes #163344
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    With the depth at WR in this draft I would not be disappointed if the Rams waited until later to pick one and made a surprise pick like taking DT, Kayden McDonald in the first round. Seems unlikely as I think they are going to pick a skilled position player on offense, but man McDonald has some serious traits that would make him a problem for opposing offenses. Ultimately, I just want a good player. I bet some of you are hoping that they take a bad player,but I’m here to tell you that is no way to build a winning football team

    in reply to: WR draft 2026… gets its own thread #163282
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    FWIW, Chris Simms has Boston as his number 1 receiver. So, at lease one pundit likes him more than the other receivers. I’m always looking ways to make myself feel good about a pick.

    in reply to: Puka #163154
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    in reply to: Puka #163153
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    in reply to: Puka #163050
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Cowherd on Puka — ‘Lot of Ego’

    I listened to that. A little ominous.

    This is reminding me of what happened to Terrel Owens. If you recall Owens did not initially start out as a diva type.

    The “Dan LeBetard Show” was on Sirius radio while I was driving home from work today and they were talking about Puka. Their conversations centred around on whether Puka is an asshole or is there something else going on. They didn’t even attempt to dance around the issue at all. They talked about Puka’s physical style and brought up Antonio Brown and some other examples of players with CTE. One of the guys talked about how at one point these players seemed like decent people and then their behaviours started to change and we would see or hear about incidents both on-field and off the field. Honestly, the CTE talk seemed like a lot of armchair psychology that I’m not buying right now because I am just assuming that Puka is a jerk at this point, or immature. But that’s the kind of talk out there right now. I guess it’s a slow time of year so those guys have to talk about something.

    in reply to: Puka #163023
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    In a draft supposedly rich with receivers, I am all in on the Rams drafting 2 even if they do it in the first 3 rounds. However, I will be annoyed if they trade up to pick one. I am no expert, but I think they can stay put or even trade back in the first and find a decent option.

    Whether it be Puka’s off-field behaviour or his cost, or a combination of his cost and behaviour, I will totally get it if the Rams feel that they have to move on from him. Either way, finding a couple of receivers before the end of July seems like a good idea right now.

    in reply to: Puka #163015
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    “Horseplay”? Go to hell. Puka sounds like an asshole.

    in reply to: March…Rams draft thread #163008
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Chris Simms receiver rankings.

    A bit of an alternative perspective compared to what we have seen repeatedly about the 2026 receivers so far.

    Chapters:
    (0:00) Texas is in the Sweet 16, so Chris is wearing…a St. John’s jacket?!?
    (8:40) BREAKING NEWS: Jaxon Smith-Njigba signs record extension
    (13:15) Simms 2026 Draft WR Rankings
    (15:45) WR #1 Denzel Boston (Washington)
    (26:40) WR #2 Jordyn Tyson (Arizona State)
    (38:50) WR #3 Chris Brazzell II (Tennessee)
    (47:20) WR #4 Carnell Tate (Ohio State)
    (59:00) DraftKings: 1st WR drafted
    (1:00:35) WR #5 Zachariah Branch (Georgia)
    (1:09:35) Recapping Chris’ Top 5 WR

    in reply to: new “around the NFL” thread (March) #162735
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    It is some fun drama, for sure.

    in reply to: new “around the NFL” thread (March) #162727
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Did Maxx Crosby fail his physical with the Ravens? I’m seeing blurbs online about that, but i dunno whether its rumors or what.

    w
    v

    That’s bananas. How does this potentially impact their cap and all the FA that they intend to sign starting tomorrow. Are they going to be desperate to offload him?

    in reply to: Rams cap & free agency #162646
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Watson is a taller fella. That’s a couple of CB’s who can play man. Nice.

    in reply to: Higbee’s comin back #162573
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Seems like decent value, assuming he can play more games than he misses. I too hope this doesn’t shut the door on drafting Sadiq.

    in reply to: comics, jokes, one-shot memes, funny tweets, etc. #162523
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Just because:

    in reply to: March…Rams draft thread #162517
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Now that the Rams have already used their 2nd pick of the first round on a veteran CB, I wonder if any team that is interested in Ty Simpson will feel the need to jump up ahead of the Rams and pick Simpson at 12. I doubt it happens as Simpson seems more like a late first rounder or an early 2nd at this point, but who knows. Assuming the Rams have no interest in Simpson, I’d love for that to happen as it will push either a quality receiver or a DB down to LA.

    in reply to: Rams trade for Chiefs CB McDuffie #162516
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    I am quite pleased with this acquisition. McDuffie is and elite slot CB and an excellent CB when he lines up on the outside. Those guys don’t grow on trees so it’s only natural that he would come at a significant cost, he’s elite now. The Rams might have drafted a great CB, and they still might, but I highly doubt that they’d get someone who can cover JSN as well as McDuffie can right now.

    A great start for the Rams. Obviously there is more work to be done on the secondary. I hope they get someone in FA and at least one more guy in the draft. With pick 13 I hope they pick a pass catcher. Right now I’m hoping for Sadiq.

    in reply to: March…Rams draft thread #162438
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    I

    from The Athletic, Everything we learned about all 32 teams at the 2026 NFL combine: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/7077535/2026/03/02/nfl-combine-2026-takeaways-free-agency-plans/?campaign=17105581&source=athletic_targeted_email&userId=603890

    Los Angeles Rams

    The Rams really do not value the combine. General manager Les Snead and coach Sean McVay have routinely not attended the annual event, but it was jarring to spend most of the week in Indianapolis and to see almost no presence from the franchise and to hear about that absence from staffers on other teams. Los Angeles does risk giving up some intel — namely in meeting with lots of prospects, a process that is more limited after the combine — but it does speak to the franchise’s resistance of groupthink culture in order to find specific fits to draft and develop in their schemes and cultures that can pounce on market inefficiencies. It can be seen as a bit of an arrogant approach, but it’s hard to argue with the track record that has taken mid-round players such as Cooper Kupp, Puka Nacua, Byron Young and Quentin Lake and turned them into stars. — Nate Atkins

    Perhaps the entire front office has read Gladwell’s Talking to Strangers, and as a result feels like you just can’t trust what you learn from your interactions with unfamiliar people in these contexts.

    in reply to: early mock drafts & draft talk, 2026 #162365
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    If this is truly a CB-heavy draft I hope that the Rams pick 3 of them. I was disappointed that they ignored the position in last year’s draft. Of course, my mind could change depending on what they do in the FA/trade market, but both the secondary and ST need an influx of talent and multiple CB’s would obviously help both areas if they find some good ones. I still expect a CB and an offensive playmaker (most likely WR) in the first round, but I would not bristle if they picked two CB’s in the first.

    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Avatar photocanadaram.
Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 1,294 total)