Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 1,294 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Our reactions to the Eagles game #166579
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    I was surprisingly calm for the 4th quarter of this game. Maybe because I accepted that this was going to be a Rams loss midway through the 3rd. The offense was stagnant, Stafford seemed unreliable and uncertain, the special teams was mistake prone as usual. Call me a bad fan, but I just figured this was another loss in Philadelphia. Thankfully, the Rams defense was able to hold a wounded Eagles offense at bay… at least when special teams and Stafford weren’t giving the Eagles solid field position.

    I totally understood the Eagles going for it on 4th and goal late in the 4th. The Rams offense was doing nothing. Pinning them deep in their own end seemed like a certainty to me. However, Stafford finally figured things out and Puka was Puka. That was awesome. After abandoning the run against Denver, I loved seeing McVay run the ball late in this game.

    The special teams will continue to haunt this team if things aren’t figured out. Games are often so close in this league. Missing field goals and giving up long punt returns are killers. Byron Young was very good today.

    That McDuffie PI to end the half was ridiculous. I thought it would be a total backbreaker. Good on the Rams for coming away with a win on this one though. Seems like forever since they’ve won in Philadelphia.

    in reply to: Just a thread for different kindsa interesting things #166486
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/DcvvaA8JcdK/?stkn=cHV5eXR2bTMwZ3Z0

    • This reply was modified 3 days, 10 hours ago by Avatar photocanadaram.
    in reply to: our reactions to the Denver game #166438
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    One thing that I forgot to mention last nigh was that McVay seemed to abandon the run game. Stafford had 55 pass attempts. Not sure if this coincides with the Rams being short at TE, but I still didn’t like it. There were a couple of drives late in the first half where I was really hoping for some run plays that never materialized.

    in reply to: our reactions to the Denver game #166408
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    It got especially bad when Smith elected to field a punt he shouldn’t have early in the 3rd.

    Followed by a 3-and-out and then Evans out kicking the coverage leading to a good return and solid field position for Denver. Combine this with the Rams inability to stop a 2-point conversion and I was having flashbacks to Seattle last year. It’s frustrating when old problems are still problems. That was a clean INT by Wallace that would have ended the game, but too many self inflicted wounds led to this Rams loss.

    in reply to: our reactions to the Giants game #166224
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Even with the drop on third down, I was encouraged by the play of Ferguson.

    I’m stressed whenever Kyren has the ball in his hands as I’m always waiting for his next turnover.

    McDuffie looked great.

    I hate any missed FG.

    Adams seemed unstoppable.

    Rams defense played well vs the run.

    Jamis Winston didn’t look good.

    I like how McVay used the run in this game, and I loved the even split between Williams and Corum.

    I thought AD was solid.

    Denver is going to be tough, especially on a short week.

    Great bounce back win by the Rams.

    in reply to: comics, jokes, one-shot memes, funny tweets, etc. #166185
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    This aired just the once in 1998 on the live SNL show for which McKay wrote it.It was effectively banned as it never aired again.I wonder why.MEDIA-OPOLY

    — Michael Warburton (@michaelwarburton.bsky.social) 2026-09-21T18:07:38.998Z

    in reply to: SF game, our reactions #166006
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    McVay struggled against Morris last year when Morris was working with less talent. This was bad all around though. Jeez.

    in reply to: SF game: tweets, vids, articles #166004
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Brock Purdy's average throw went 4.4 yards downfield for #49ers. The only game with a shorter ADOT in his career was 2.3 in 2022 NFC title game vs Eagles when he didn't have a functioning elbow. (Previous low in a healthy game was 4.5 vs Dolphins in Week 16 2024)

    — Josh Dubow (@joshdubowap.bsky.social) 2026-09-11T03:46:09.057Z

    in reply to: NCAA Football 2026 #165867
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Crazy finish to the Western Michigan vs. Michigan game. I think Weatern Michigan has a legitimate complaint.

    in reply to: NCAA Football 2026 #165864
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Baylor’s … TE named Matthew Klopfenstein … has to be related to former Rams TE Joe Klopfenstein, doesn’t he?

    What I found is that Matthew is Joe’s nephew.

    But at the moment I don’t have the kind of documentation that would prove that in a court of law.

    It’s probably right though.

    Thank you! I will sleep like a baby tonight.

    in reply to: Other sports #165801
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/DczQsWryfoN/?igsi=bGU0YWdxZDhlYWU0

    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Avatar photocanadaram.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Avatar photocanadaram.
    in reply to: around the league #165718
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    I see that the Vikings cut Johnny Hekker. I didn’t even realize that he was in Minnesota. Seems like yesterday that he was one of the only bright spots on the Rams.

    in reply to: Game thread, Chargers game (NFL network, 7 pt, 10 et) #165625
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Who got burned on the 65 yard TD?

    in reply to: Rams trade Hunter for Atwell #165618
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    While I really disliked the Atwell pick when the Rams drafted him, I grew to appreciate the role that he played for the Rams. Barring injuries to other players, I won’t expect him to see the field much, but I’m glad that he’s back.

    Maybe it means they werent crazy about the WRs they had on the roster. I would think Whittington or Mumpfield is getting cut?

    w
    v

    It certainly makes you wonder about the motivation behind it. I like what Whittington brings to special teams, so I hope he sticks around. Maybe they like Daniels better than Whittington? They have similar frames, but Whittington is faster. I’d be surprised if they were already giving up on Mumpfield. Granted he doesn’t appear to be a star in the making, but I thought he looked like he could be a reliable contributor.

    Another thing that I like about this is that If the Rams knew they weren’t going to keep Hunter, then getting anything for him is good as far as I’m concerned. I do wish that Atwell could contribute to the return game though.

    in reply to: Rams trade Hunter for Atwell #165616
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    While I really disliked the Atwell pick when the Rams drafted him, I grew to appreciate the role that he played for the Rams. Barring injuries to other players, I won’t expect him to see the field much, but I’m glad that he’s back.

    in reply to: Movies … discussions, clips, ideas about #165462
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    My favourite Canadian. There’s already been several documentaries made about Terry Fox, including an ESPN 30 for 30, but I can’t wait to see this one. I doubt that it makes its way to American theatres though.

    in reply to: comics, jokes, one-shot memes, funny tweets, etc. #165314
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Trump protects children from Epstein-class by ensuring none live long enough to be exploited

    — The Beaverton (@thebeaverton.com) 2026-08-12T19:24:22.581Z

    in reply to: the newest political tweets thread (3/26) #165122
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    I’ve never really identified with or understood nihilists until these last 8 years.

    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by Avatar photocanadaram.
    in reply to: the newest political tweets thread (3/26) #165108
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    While I was aware of the Leonard/Clippers story, I hadn’t really started caring or kinda paying attention to it until he was going to be traded to the Raptors. It doesn’t sound like a resolution is near. I don’t even really understand who is leading this investigation. Is it the commissioner who works for the owners? Or is there a 3rd party, and if there is a 3rd party, is the NBA obligated to follow the findings and recommendations if Balmer faces a penalty?

    in reply to: new uniforms #164962
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    I’m ok with them. I appreciate the font used on the numbers and am grateful that it appears the numbers are not made from that weird looking rubber they use for the other jerseys. I don’t think that I will ever embrace the broken horn on the helmet, however.

    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Avatar photocanadaram.
    in reply to: Our condolences to Keith, aka Nittany Ram #164510
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    So sorry for your loss, Keith. What a kind, hardworking soul she must have been. May you soon be full of nothing but happy memories.

    in reply to: around the NFC West …. starting in early June #164350
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    That’s right, Raheem! Break his spirit.

    in reply to: Myles Garrett Traded for Jared Verse ESPN #164201
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Okay.

    Had 2 or 3 hours to savor the flavors.

    Big dice roll at a position that COULD be upgraded, but didn’t need to be.

    They are now without their 1st round pick for next year. That means that if Nacua goes out before the trade deadline, the Rams are powerless to get a gamechanger to replace him. Or…whoever.

    Myles Garrett is better than Verse – short term – but they have a lot less ammo on hand to make a mid-season adjustment.

    Not sure. If they win it all this year, fine.

    I just said the same thing to a friend via text, but my text was full of typos and grammatical errors.

    I also added that I thought Verse didn’t progress as much as I had hoped he would last year, but I was still excited/hopeful about him being a Ram.

    If Young stays healthy and Stewart develops, this could be a generational defense for the Rams.

    in reply to: Rams tweets etc. …. 5/19 #164018
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    I wonder if the Goff experience affected McVay’s handling of the AJ Brown / Davante Adams situation.

    w
    v

    Yeah, that’s a good point. Devante hasn’t publicly aired any grievances about that situation. Maybe, there is a way to keep a player abreast about potential plans to trade him and still maintain a good working relationship.

    in reply to: Rams tweets etc. …. 5/19 #164014
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    I get McVay’s regret about how he handled things with Goff. However, had he been transparent with Goff and told him that the Rams were going to explore trading him and then the trade didn’t come to fruition, how would that have impacted their relationship moving forward? I’m not trying to defend McVay, as it doesn’t even seem like he’s defending himself in this case. It’s just something I wonder about. It seems like a difficult and maybe even risky conversation to have with your starting qb.

    in reply to: schedule comin #163953
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    If I knew how to post photos, I would post a photo of a buzz saw.

    in reply to: schedule comin #163944
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    Cameron DaSilva@camdasilva
    The Rams aren’t snapping their Thanksgiving drought but they will be playing the night before.

    Rams-Packers on Thanksgiving Eve at 5 pm PT

    So unless they’re coming off of a bye, it’s a ridiculously short week for the Rams. Furthermore, it’s happening in the same season where they’re going to be playing a game in Australia and then coming back to prepare after putting their bodies through two extreme time changes. Sometimes I hate the business of the NFL.

    in reply to: Rams 1st round pick, #13…Ty Simpson #163674
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    In fact he may have the best legs of any decent starting qb they’ve had since I first started watching them. Not a Vick, but good enough.

    Yeah, i stand corrected on the mobility thing. He’s in the Purdy category as far as running. He’s actually a bit faster than Purdy according to 40 times.

    Though, fwiw, the analyst in one of the vids i posted up there said Ty was not very accurate when passing on the run.

    w
    v

    Chris Simms on the topic of Simpson throwing on the run (from his podcast on this year’s QB class):

    “…you know, the backyard plays, he’s really damn good at that. Escaping from the pocket, like legit ability. And then the ability to not only throw the ball really well on the run, but also can do that I’m running the full speed, and then let me get straight and like pop my feet real quick and make a more advanced throw. And can pop his feet and get it in the position again.”

    in reply to: 2026 draft: UDFAs #163632
    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    EDIT: actually, I’m not sure if Williams signed with the Rams, might a Raider. Wait and see I guess.

    He signed with Vegas.

    Just as well. Having two rookie receivers with the monikers E.J. and C.J. would show a lack of foresight and reflect poorly on the organization as a whole.

    Avatar photocanadaram
    Participant

    I guess I understand every pick they made, so I’m not heartbroken by this draft. The Simpson pick in particular makes it more of a wait-and-see Rams draft than any other in recent memory. I had been hoping that they would have taken a receiver like Brazzell in round 2, but I get the need for a TE for this year and the future and Klare is a good one. I also wish that they had found a punt returner as well. I’m still not in love with Xavier Smith in that role.

    I also include McDuffie being part of this draft (next year’s too), and I love that pick.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 1,294 total)