Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 10,171 through 10,200 (of 12,965 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: William Hayes doesn't believe dinosaurs existed #36305
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I will say this—if William Hayes believes more in mermaids than dinosaurs I am NOT gonna be the one to tell him he’s wrong.

    Nittany should do it. He’s a science geek. Let him explain it to Mr. Hayes.

    Nittany? Heck Nittany is behind the conspiracy.

    I bet Nittany is one of the ones going around
    planting “dinosaur” bones in the ground.

    I have spoken to mermaids about this,
    and they dont believe in dinosaurs either.
    The Unicorns dont either.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Eagles fire Kelly/ 9ers hire Kelly #36275
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    He won more games than Fisher.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Horns pierce the Seahawks: Post-game thread #36270
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I loved it.

    I can’t get enough of the Rams dominating the Seahawks. The Rams are in their heads now. They have no psychological advantage against the Rams heading into next year. To me, this win is about the Rams vs. the Seahawks. And, it’s oh so nice to see it go down like this. Domination in the trenches. Out-physicaling the physical ‘Hawks. We’re in their domes. No doubt. And, yes, the Seahawks wanted to win just as badly. This is THEIR turf. This is the home of the 12th Man. Nobody else wins here. They can’t let St. Louis, which has been successful upsetting Seattle in STL, come in there and win.

    Yet, they did. And, that meant something to the Seahawks.

    It also means that the Rams CAN score against a good team in difficult situations. This was not a great offensive effort, but it was an effective one. That started with the O-line, which gives me hope for next year.

    Now, what we don’t know is if the Rams can win when there’s something truly on the line. They haven’t done that, yet. That needs to come next year. Has to. Must. No excuses. ABSOLUTELY no excuses next year. The Rams should have depth at key positions, including the O-line. They should have a good game manager QB, at the least. And, they should have a great D again.

    Yes, I think there’s reason for optimism.

    Much depends on Quinn though, imho.

    Back surgery is very very tricky.
    Can he work out? Will he be the same?
    Will he be in pain from now on?

    Quinn is now a big question mark.

    w
    v

    in reply to: RamView, 12/27/2015: Rams 23, Seahawks 17 (Long) #36269
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I know one of the announcers said Fisher/Boras had “simplified” the third-down plays.

    Whatever that means.

    He narrowed them down to one simple goal: getting a 1st down.

    BTW the Rams 3rd down conversions Sunday were at 41.6%. If it were that way the whole season Rams would be ranked 10th on 3rd down conversion rate.

    Well, i dont know what he/you mean by that: “narrowed them down to one goal: getting a first down”

    w
    v

    in reply to: RamView, 12/27/2015: Rams 23, Seahawks 17 (Long) #36266
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    A fine question. I wish I thought I knew the answer.

    …Mainly I’d speculate Boras has simplified the running game and lets his blockers do what they’re better at.
    –Mike

    I know one of the announcers said Fisher/Boras had “simplified” the third-down plays.

    Whatever that means.

    w
    v

    in reply to: RamView, 12/27/2015: Rams 23, Seahawks 17 (Long) #36256
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I watched it on replay — I thought it was purty obvious
    the Seahawks were flat in the first half — but they turned
    it on furiously in the second half.

    I felt the rams ‘earned’ the win with the Key, gutty,
    drive in the second half. The Rams offense just
    bullied the Seahawk Defense, with the game on the line
    and after the Seahawks had scored. They just bullied’em.
    The OLine, and Gurley and Cunningham…and Barnes.

    Once again, the Rams “seem” poised to make
    a playoff run…next year. Seems that way.
    Again.

    w
    v

    in reply to: win over Seattle, reactions from around the net #36251
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    “douchecanoes” ?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Let's talk about next year's Offensive Line #36214
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well I’m fine with it, except for
    GRob. He’s a big question mark to me.

    IF they dont draft a LT, I assume it means
    they believe in him.

    The OLine looks ok to me in general.
    They need a WR, TE, and QB.

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Tweets 12/28 #36208
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Go Giants.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Horns pierce the Seahawks: Post-game thread #36204
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Does 8-8
    mean anything?

    The record stopped meaning anything after the Foles meltdown and the losing streak.

    But. WINS mean something.

    What do they mean? Well speaking only for myself, I like them.

    I am not willing to get into a drawn out herd-style debate about whether I should like them. If someone like invader doesn’t because 8-8 isn;t good enough, I will raise my glass to him and nod because I get that. It’s just not how I feel though.

    I like that the Rams were part of Upset Sunday this month. I like the fact that they took it to Seattle on the road. I like that they won in spite of not having Gaines, McDonald, Barron, Ogletree, and Quinn.

    So you forgot to ask the REAL question. The really important question.

    “What did this win mean to zn.”

    It meant a lot. It was fun. Thanks for asking.

    .

    Ok, but what song are you going to sing
    in the lifeboat?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Horns pierce the Seahawks: Post-game thread #36202
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    all negativity aside i am encouraged by the reports on the oline…

    Voltaire-ram said football is a shipwreck
    but you have to sing in the life-boats.

    He didn’t say what song though.
    Thats where it gets confusing.

    Anyway. Unexpected road win for a banged-up
    team.

    Does the next game matter? Does 8-8
    mean anything?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Horns pierce the Seahawks: Post-game thread #36143
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    IN Seattle? Are you kidding me?

    w
    v

    Barnes is the new Massey… Clutch.

    Well if Barnes is the New-Massey
    then who is William Hayes ?

    w
    v

    in reply to: We need a QB #36128
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I’m glad to see Keenum performing well but I do wish the Rams could have used the time to get a better evaluation of Mannion. I think it’s important to know what they have there. Still, I’m not sure what happens or where they go in the off-season. Can they just let Foles and his contract go? Are they stuck with him? A lot will depend on that–and HOW Case does the last two games.

    If he melts down than all bets are off.

    If he plays well he can be the starter next year with Mannion as back-up and another young guy perhaps behind him.

    Well, that would be a sad state of affairs if they
    open up the season with Case Keenum at QB,
    in my view.

    And yet, it might be the best
    available option, to Snisher.

    Ah well.

    w
    v

    in reply to: reporters preview Rams at Seahawks #36123
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    “I just hope it won’t be the same kind of narrative that it’s been every time we go up there,” linebacker James Laurinaitis said. “We fight ’em. Great for a half. It seems we’re tied, or we’re up, and then something happens. The game goes haywire.”
    ——————————

    Not surprisngly, its tough to have confidence
    when things like that are in yer head.

    w
    v

    in reply to: We need a QB #36113
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well they have that extra 2nd rounder from Philly,
    so maybe they package it with their no.1 and
    move up a little to get a QB. I dunno.

    I would have liked to have seen more of Mannion
    ‘before’ the draft.

    w
    v

    At this point, the Rams should be willing to “mortgage the farm” to get a QB.

    It doesn’t do any good to have a good team if they don’t have a decent QB.

    I say do whatever it takes.

    Draft every QB available. Have a cage death match. Whatever.

    Well, lots of knowns and unknowns.

    Do they think Foles can be Rebuilt?
    Can they afford to cut him?
    Can afford to keep him if he takes up a roster spot another QB
    could have?
    Is Mannion an Option? When will they know?
    Can Keenum ever be a no.1 QB ?
    Are any of the QBs in the draft-class worth
    moving up for?
    which vet free agents could help?

    w
    v

    in reply to: We need a QB #36111
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well they have that extra 2nd rounder from Philly,
    so maybe they package it with their no.1 and
    move up a little to get a QB. I dunno.

    I would have liked to have seen more of Mannion
    ‘before’ the draft.

    w
    v

    in reply to: We need a QB #36090
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    <span class=”d4pbbc-font-color” style=”color: blue”>My tab for ramshuddle was flashing new message. Is this a new thing? Did I never notice it before? Maybe it only happens when somebody uses the word unicorn?</span>

    If this is going to be a Uni-Corn thread
    then I want to know why Unicorns dont
    have an actual corn-cob on their heads.
    I mean, they are not called Uni-horns,
    they are called Uni-corns.

    So, I’d like an answer to that.

    I’ll just wait.

    w
    v

    in reply to: We need a QB #36078
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Since this regime Hates quarterbacks so much,
    I suggest we just let Gurley be the QB,
    and let Tavon run around behind him,
    and we just go with the Wild-Cat or
    Wild-Unicorn or whatever its called nowadays.

    I mean, why not? I bet Gurley can even throw
    better than TeBow.

    And that way we take advantage of the fact
    that GRob is going to Whiff three or four
    times a game. Gurley can just blow
    by the defenders that Wiz past GRob.
    Ya know. Turn a negative into a Positive.

    I would also not oppose having an
    actual Unicorn as QB,
    as long as it was a running Unicorn
    and not one of those stationary
    pocket Unicorns.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Joe Buck on the LA thing: relocation thread #36064
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Here’s my humble opinion on what should happen in LA:

    The good people of LA don’t want or deserve any of the three teams who want to go there. For prior bad behavior, the Raiders should be excluded right from the get go.

    The Chargers and the Rams should be merged with the composite team basically the Chargers O and the Rams D and ST. Ownership of the LA Ramgers would be determined via a PPV cage match between Krankie and Spandex.

    The loser would become owner of a St Louis expansion team (the Stallions?) who would have first dibs on the remainder of the old Rams and Chargers teams, and then would get to select players from the other 30 teams via an expansion draft.

    The Ramgers would be in the AFC West, the St Louis team would stay in the NFC West.

    Problem solved.

    I’m guessing a RamGer helmet
    would be a lightning bolt in
    the shape of a Horn ?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Foles and Alex Smith #36035
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    They must have thought Foles was going to be at least OK. Or they wouldn’t have traded for him and then signed him to an extension. But Foles is entering Bradford territory, although he might make a come back. It would be foolish to bet the future on him now. So we need more options. I have faith in Mannion. But not so much in Keenum. We should look at the draft to see if we can add another option there.

    But how would that work? If they draft another QB, say in round 2,
    then you have Mannion, Keenum, Foles and a Rookie.
    What if the rookie looks good — what do you do
    with Foles and his contract?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Odell Beckham Jr & Cortland Finnegan #36034
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/24/sports/football/on-appeal-odell-beckham-jrs-suspension-is-upheld.html?ref=football
    Odell:
    “I wasn’t raised to act like I did the other day,” Beckham said in a statement issued by the team. “I am not here to make excuses for my conduct. This isn’t about anything that was said or done to me. This is about my behavior, and I am responsible for my behavior.”

    Beckham, a rising star on the American sports scene and one of the N.F.L.’s most popular players, observed that he was a role model for many young fans.

    “Many of the parents of those kids have asked since Sunday what they should say to their children about my conduct,” Beckham said. “I don’t have the perfect answer, but I think one thing they can say is how I handled myself the other day is an example of how not to conduct yourself. I displayed poor sportsmanship. And those parents can also say that when you act like that, there are consequences. And I hope to be an example of somebody who did something wrong and learned from it.”

    On his Twitter account, Beckham said he had pursued the appeal because he owed it to his teammates to do everything he could to play Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings. Instead, he will miss the game.

    “I dropped the ball on sportsmanship on Sunday,” Beckham also wrote. “I apologize to my teammates, the Giants organization, and to all fans of the NFL.”

    in reply to: happy holidays to everyone #36020
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I dont see any pie.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Foles and Alex Smith #36006
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think yes it’s possible Foles can return to at least what he was in 2014. Maybe even better.
    I don’t know if it will be with the Rams.

    Do you think Fisher/cignetti made any obvious
    mistakes with Foles in designing the offense
    or dealing with the injuries, etc?
    Could they have prevented the meltdown?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Tweets 12/22 & 23 #36001
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    So Quinn had back surgery.
    So he wont be working out a lot
    this summer, i assume. Not good.

    w
    v

    in reply to: 2016 draft: mocks, draft order, general comments #35999
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Russ Lande said Jared Goff, would be a perfect
    fit for the Rams. The Cal QB. Said, he
    would probly go in the teens of the first round.

    Anybody got any thots on Goff ?

    Did he play in a pro system? I dont
    want no more spread qbs.

    w
    v

    in reply to: CoachO, some remarks on the OL #35998
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, how long does Greg Robinson get ?
    I mean, if he is still acting confused
    and getting his QB killed three times a game
    next year…then what? Are we still gonna
    say he’s got the talent he just needs
    more experience?

    At what point can we say, we
    know what he is going to be?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Tweets 12/22 & 23 #35996
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    After yielding 500-plus yards for the second time in three games, the Rams have plummeted to 22nd in the league in total defense.

    Well, I’m still very impressed with the Rams Redzone D.
    The Redzone D is possibly the most important defensive
    stat.

    But losing Quinn was a devastating loss. He
    was one of the four or five players that
    just could not get injured….usually
    I’d put the QB in that category, but…

    w
    v

    in reply to: Odell Beckham Jr & Cortland Finnegan #35995
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Yeah, issue one is about how Ignorant and Ugly
    homophobia can be and what can be done
    to enlighten NFL players…

    But issue two is, Odell is a bit of
    a jerk and needs to handle himself
    with more class.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Three Rams picked for Pro Bowl #35976
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I dont follow other teams,
    but is there a more dangerous punt-returner
    than Tavon? What return man
    made the pro-bowl ?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Wagoner & Thomas on Boras #35960
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Reporters sure are fascinated with
    this Vomit angle.

    w
    v

Viewing 30 posts - 10,171 through 10,200 (of 12,965 total)