Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 10,681 through 10,710 (of 12,972 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Would you kill 6.5 Billion people ? #30234
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Here’s where it get’s tricky.
    I would have no problem eliminating all religious fundementalists. But what about “believers” in general? As long as the seed exists then isn’t the possibility of fundementalism taking root always present? Wouldn’t we want our new society to be based on reason rather than faith?

    Yes, it gets tricky. Saving the Biosphere through Genocide is not as easy
    as it seems.

    Do we want our new world order to be based on ‘reason’ ?

    I dunno. Reason without compassion could lead to disaster too.
    Just like Spirituality could lead to ‘religion’ which then leads to disaster.

    So, we’re stuck with certain unknowns and dangers due to the tiny brains
    that have evolved to this point.

    Bashing on relentlessly, If its my call to make….I’m not disappearing
    the “Spiritual but not religious” folks. Granted, there’s danger,
    but talking-monkeys always present dangers to the biosphere.

    Once the Corporate-Capitalists are gone,
    and the Fundamentalists are gone, just think of
    the humane policies and laws that would be easy
    to implement.

    w
    v

    in reply to: CoachO & others on the OL #30200
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well lots of different views on the Oline in general.
    Those two guys sound fairly optimistic.
    Then ya got Laram who said he sees no real outstanding ‘strength’ anywhere
    on the Oline. (If i remember right)

    Its all purty Exciting.

    The Offense and Oline in particular
    is kindof a mystery wrapped in an eggroll
    inside a toaster oven.

    w
    v

    in reply to: FootballOutsiders 2015 Rams projections #30199
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I dont really understand the algebra there;
    the Rams are ranked 5th out of 32 teams,
    but the “mean win” count is only 8.8.
    What is a ‘mean win’ ?

    Arizona is only ranked 23 btw.
    Seattle is number one.
    SF is 21.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Teams don't trust the Pats #30181
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Ridiculous. I guess if the wave is travelling in your direction, you hop on for the ride, eh?

    Certainly, the asterisk should be applied to all of Billy’s wins, going all the way back to his Wesleyen days.

    I’ve heard rumors of a hoodie with a red asterisk hitting the runway this fall…

    i think there should be an assterisk
    next to his high school yearbook photo

    w
    v

    in reply to: I just don't see it. #30176
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    No matter how much SMARTER, ARTICULATE, BETTER LOOKING, and MORE LIKELY TO GO TO HEAVEN I am compared to all of YOU – I’ll be Hellen sausage-stealing Keller and will stay mum in regards to all of your STUPID FUCKING GODDAMN BRAINLESS FUCKTARDED OPINIONS…

    You would hate heaven.

    It’s dull, believe me.

    I suppose you know someone who knows someone….

    ….ive come up with a plan to make Heaven better…It involves
    eliminating 6.6 million souls though….anyway Rams all go to heaven, etc.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Would you kill 6.5 Billion people ? #30174
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think eventually we would end up in more-or-less the same place. But it would perhaps be worth a try, since we are certainly doomed given the trajectory we are on.

    I mean, if you could get rid of everyone who thinks violence is a justifiable conflict resolution, it might change things. And the irony would be worth it.

    Welcome aboard. Now who do we vaporize first?

    I’m thinkin we start with all Religious-Fundamentalists.
    For starters.
    That should get us down to, what? 4.5 billion maybe?

    Then we eliminate Patriot fans.

    w
    v

    Who gets to live?

    Yes, well at least now you are on the genocide-train
    with Zooey and Me.

    Who gets to live?

    Good question. I think about it a lot, LoL.

    I prefer to start at the other end —
    who gets eliminated first.

    I’d start with the religious-fundamentalists.

    Any objection to that?

    And then all fascists, Republicans, Nazis,
    KKK members, and Corporate-Capitalists.

    Objections?

    Just think of a world without religious fundamentalists.
    That alone would make political policies completely different
    in the US and Middle-East.
    v

    • This reply was modified 11 years, 1 month ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Teams don't trust the Pats #30171
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    A little bit more easy reading…

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/are-the-new-england-patriots-super-bowls-tainted-by-cheating/ar-AAe6VwS

    What do u think of this?
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-apply-to-reinstate-deflator-and-other-ballboy/ar-AAe6OqL

    btw, I wonder if Parcells championship teams should
    get an asterisk now? I mean, Belichex was the DC in those games.
    Maybe he was cheating way back then.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Would you kill 6.5 Billion people ? #30150
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think eventually we would end up in more-or-less the same place. But it would perhaps be worth a try, since we are certainly doomed given the trajectory we are on.

    I mean, if you could get rid of everyone who thinks violence is a justifiable conflict resolution, it might change things. And the irony would be worth it.

    Welcome aboard. Now who do we vaporize first?

    I’m thinkin we start with all Religious-Fundamentalists.
    For starters.
    That should get us down to, what? 4.5 billion maybe?

    Then we eliminate Patriot fans.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Barnes the starter, and other JT tweets #30139
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Nobody has said much about the fact the Rams
    will go into the first game without Gurley or Tre,
    their top two RBs.

    Can they run the ball effectively with
    Pead and Cunningham?

    Guess we’ll find out.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Teams don't trust the Pats #30130
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I wouldn’t mind seeing something like this meted out. Scarlet letter kind of thing…

    http://s5.postimg.org/q61urytdj/Patriots.png

    OMG, that made me smile.

    Really, nothing else ever has to be said —
    just that picture. The picture says it all.
    Really, it does.

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 11 years, 1 month ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Teams don't trust the Pats #30125
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    A lot of things came together to help the Patz that game. We’ll never know just how much the Patriots cheated and how much it helped them, but, yeah, I’m sure they cheated. And, I would guess that most NFL fans believe they did. I’d like to see a public opinion poll to see people’s beliefs on this. Would be interesting, but it wouldn’t change anything, I guess.

    Well, issue One is what did the Patriots do and
    when did they do it,
    and how significant/meaningful was the cheating.

    Issue Two, is what did Goodell do and why did he
    do what he did.

    Both issues are murky and interesting.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Would you kill 6.5 Billion people ? #30123
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Why not?

    Given that you agree,
    that the Biosphere would benefit from
    a six-billion-person reduction.

    w
    v

    Well, for one thing, in a couple hundred years, you would just have to do it again. Those 6.5 billion people would have died for no reason other than to punt the problem into the future where it would have to be faced all over again.

    Go read Dr. Heidegger’s Experiment.

    If you would have to do it all over again, then
    maybe it would not be worth it — but I dont
    think you’d necessarily have to do it all over again.

    I mean, remember you get to make the rules about
    who gets disappeared. Dont you think disappearing
    everyone who believes in Corporate-Capitalism would
    change things? I mean, if the world was only
    populated by, say, Green-Party-types, wouldnt
    civilization unfold differently than it is now?

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Quite an article.

    There’s a lot of weasels in the NFL.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Teams don't trust the Pats #30100
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    fuck u wv – we only lost because they cheated whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Seriously, if u read Martz’s comments he acknowledges what u say – 3 turnovers I think it was – that was the difference.

    Sad thing – that 2001 Ram team was better than the ’99 team. We win that game 9 out of 10 times.

    I will never believe the “better team won” that day – how do we know Law was not tipped off on the route via signal theft? How do we know they didn’t abduct Proehl the night before, place a Ceti eel larvae in his ear thus rendering him susceptible to the suggestion that he fumble away a big play at a critical moment? Huh? How do we KNOW? They obviously are big fat cheaters – I wouldn’t put anything past them. Cool thing is everybody knows it now – asterisk firmly in place. Laff….

    Yeah three Turnovers by the Martz offense
    and Zero for the Belichex offense. Ah well.

    As for the hit on Warner — yeah, the Refs missed the call on that one.
    Shoulda been a penalty and they missed it. Ah well.

    As for the argument Belichex had his henchmen
    inject a Ceti Eel Larae in Proehl’s ear,
    and said Eel Larvae placed hypnotic suggestions in Proehl’s mind
    that he should fumble at a critical time — Well, yes, I believe that happened.
    But then Martz should have adjusted to that. I mean, he had to know
    the Refs were going to allow Eel Larvae and he didnt adjust to it
    until the fourth quarter. By then it was too late.

    Fuck the Patriots,
    wv

    in reply to: I just don't see it. #30097
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    To borrow a phrase – I dunno. I DO know this – it’s just football, I don’t really see the point of getting all negative before the season even starts. How is that fun? I’ve never understood what benefit is derived from predicting epic failure with every post. Sure – war, death, famine, failure and jeezus helpus – losing football may be in our immediate future, but we don’t know – really could go either way it seems this season – so why not just sit down, have a big glass of shut-the-fuck-up and try to enjoy the run-up to kickoff weekend?

    Well, as for me, I got no issue or criticism of anyone
    who thinks the Rams will suck. I never, ever, ever,
    feel compelled to do the “cheer up, be happy, menstruate rainbows and butterflies”
    thing. If someone sees a big-ole ice-burg coming and they wanna jump up and down
    and point at it — i got no problem with that…blah blah blah.

    I still see a playoff team, myself,
    though.

    Ten and six, is what I predix.

    w
    v

    in reply to: I just don't see it. #30083
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Laram on the topic of Away Games.
    w
    v

    ———————————————————
    Laram – Realistically the Rams could lose every away game…

    except probably the Washington game.

    New qb, playing behind a young an inexperienced o-line in hostile environments, against top pass rushers, is a recipe for failure.

    at Washington – (toss up) Home field favors the Skins and Rams coming off of a physical game against Seattle

    at Cardinals – I expect Calais Campbell and Okafor to wreck the Rams o-line.

    at Green Bay – Definite home field advantage, loud and will cause the Rams problems with line calls. Will probably have to go with hand signals.

    at Vikings – Young improving team with a good pass rush. Everson Griffen and A. Barr can get after it.

    at Ravens – Tough place to play under any circumstances. Suggs and Elvis Dumerville licking their chops for this one

    at Bengals – Another tough game in a hostile environment against a tough D.

    at Seahags – It’s been impossible for us to win there under normal circumstances. The Rams will again have to go to hand signals in this game

    at Niners – Niners aren’t what they were, but this is Rams/Niners in theri house.

    Looks like 1-7 possibly 2- 6 at best to me on the road.

    in reply to: Browns sign Davis #30082
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I’ve noticed that, too. I think Thomas just personally likes Davis. And Wagoner is right; Davis was a stand up guy. I think everybody likes him. But…I agree with you. I don’t think it was unfair because they know who/what Davis is.

    I hope he hangs around the league for a while, and pulls some more paychecks.
    Didn’t Cleveland pick up some other QB Discard from the Rams a few years ago?
    Cleveland. As bad as we’ve had it in St. Louis, it could be worse, eh?

    I just wish Cleve-land had picked up Tim Tebow.
    The Yin Yang duality
    of Tebow and Manziel would have pleased me.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Would you kill 6.5 Billion people ? #30081
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    No, I couldn’t just disappear 6.5 billion people
    even though I think the world would be a much better place with them gone.

    Why not?

    Given that you agree,
    that the Biosphere would benefit from
    a six-billion-person reduction.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Teams don't trust the Pats #30080
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well yeah Fuck the Patriots and all,
    but seems to me what beat the Rams
    was Kurt getting hit and throwing to Ty Law
    for the huge-pick-Six, and then
    Proehl fumbling what would have been a big play.
    Ya know.

    Spying or no-spying, you cant give the ball to the Pats.

    w
    v

    in reply to: season previews #30052
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    It gets worse…

    Seahawks – 50/50
    at Washington – should be a win
    Steelers – 50/50
    at Cardinals – loss
    at Green Bay – loss
    Bye Week

    If the Rams are 3-2 at the bye I’ll be thrilled. There’s no way this team wins in Arizona and Green Bay. IMO they gotta start the season 3-0 to have any real shot at the playoffs.

    The good news is, after the bye, the Rams have Cleveland and Frisco in St Louis. They could win both of those.

    The bad news is they still have 5 road games after that. And so far, under Fisher, the Rams have not proven to be a good road team. They’re one of the worst, actually.

    The remaining schedule after home games against Cleveland and San Fran. I can’t see the Rams winning any of these road games.

    @ Minnesota Vikings
    Chicago Bears
    @ Baltimore Ravens
    @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Arizona Cardinals
    Detroit Lions
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    @ Seattle Seahawks
    @ San Francisco 49ers

    I think they can beat the Cardinals on the road.
    I think that one is winnable.

    I have a hard time picturing a win
    on the road at Green Bay though.

    Gurley could certainly change
    things if he can play.

    w
    v

    in reply to: season previews #30049
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    But if the Rams can somehow manage to get through the first five games with a 3-2 or better record, they could certainly be in play late in the season when it’s time to make a playoff push. The defense will have to carry the day in the first five weeks — but if it does, and the offense limits mistakes, the Rams will be better positioned to deliver for those who deem them a team ready to breakthrough.

    If this is a team thats finally become a wildcard-playoff-team,
    I would think they have to split the first four games.
    I dont think they can pull another 1-3 type opening month.
    They gotta get a split in those first four.

    Seahawks
    at Washington
    Steelers
    at Cardinals

    w
    v

    in reply to: Browns sign Davis #30027
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    JT keeps acting like the Rams should have let Austin D throw
    more passes in preseason — why? The coaches know
    what they have in Austin. They saw him play game
    after game last year. A few more passes in preseason
    wouldnt change anything.

    w
    v

    in reply to: I just don't see it. #30015
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    fwiw:

    @nwagoner: #Rams rookie RB Todd Gurley says he has shed the yellow “no contact” beanie and there’s nothing he can’t do at this point in his recovery.

    in reply to: Labor Day songs #30013
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Check out the Nightwatchmen – Tom Morello’s group.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nightwatchman

    Yeah, I’ve listened to Tom a time or two.

    w
    v

    in reply to: practice squad thoughts and actions #30012
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    And…they’re probably not done. They could grab a stray guy or 2 and either add them…

    Yeah, I can’t imagine they are done.
    There’s bound to be a released-player or two they like
    from one of the other 31 teams.

    Maybe Peyton Manning gets released. Ya know.
    I mean why not kick the tires on that one.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    “Look at the effectiveness of Jason Witten, or Gronkowski, just complete tight ends both in the run and pass. Blocking is something more of a desire. It’s hard to do, it’s not fun to do, there’s no glory in it. Usually people don’t say, wow what a great block. If you can’t block, you’re a liability to your team. Yeah you’re going to come in during passing situations, but we need to keep that defense guessing. When you’re in the game, they can’t just think here comes the pass. If those guys (Rams TEs) want more catches, they better learn how to block so they can catch more play action passes.”

    Its hard to read that,
    and then think about Cook,
    and not wince.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Our OL in a time context #30009
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I dont think there is that much of a contradiction in the three
    memes — though, i dont really know what “fast start” means exactly.

    IF they win two and lose two in the first four games,
    they are in contention and within reach of a 10-6 season.

    They have to grind out some ugly wins this year.
    It aint gonna look pretty all the time with this team.

    w
    v

    in reply to: I just don't see it. #30007
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, RFL my friend, I know you want to
    “distinguish between Manifestation and Moonshine.”
    You want posting-discipline and you don’t want to confuse ‘hope’ with ‘evidence’.

    I get that, and I like the fact you hold people’s posts to the fire…or something like that 🙂

    But I just cant agree that the evidence was all foreboding and ominous so far. I think its been more like a kaleidoscope, of confusing signals and omens. (see Cal’s post for some positives)
    That’s just how my brain interprets it.

    So, I dunno what, if anything the four preseason games showed. Thus, after a confusing preseason, I widen my lens a bit and look at the past and the collection of talent and the levels of experience, and the health of the team and the shape of the division, and I kinda mix all that together and shake it up and add some intuition and gut-feelings and hunches….and what I come up with is a team with a dangerous defense, and very good special teams, and an average offense that wont make as many game-killing mistakes as last year (I mean how could they).

    Its not ‘evidence’ but I think this team turns the corner this year and becomes a winner.

    I’m excited. You are wary. Ag is Blue. Invader smells shit.

    Keep posting comrade.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Labor Day songs #29967
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Hazel Dickens interview,
    for themz that aren’t familiar
    with appalachian muzik:

    in reply to: Rams News Recap: Sept. 5 #29957
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    So the Barrett Jones era comes to an end.

    w
    v
    ————-
    2913
    1 8 Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
    1 30 Alec Ogletree OLB Georgia
    3 71 T.J. McDonald SS USC
    3 92 Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia
    ——
    4 113 Barrett Jones OG Alabama
    5 149 Brandon McGee CB Miami (Fla.)
    5 160 Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt

    • This reply was modified 11 years, 1 month ago by Avatar photowv.
Viewing 30 posts - 10,681 through 10,710 (of 12,972 total)