Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
wvParticipant
wvParticipant<
That’s the stuff I don’t buy. The science on this is pretty clear I think.…
================
Well i used to think it was clear, but now i have doubts. There are plenty of sciency people that dont buy the official version. And i do not have the background to know. So…I have to ‘trust’…who? I dunno.
So thats where I’m at.
And Mack has gone awol.
w
v
wvParticipantI dont believe the US government or Bush in particular planned the attack. That wouldnt make much sense to me for various reasons.
I think what bothers me most is that one tower that just crumbled the way it did. And there do seem to be plenty of sciency people who say the whole thing could not have happened by planes alone. And they say the Commission just didnt investigate lots and lots of stuff they should have.
So, as a non-science person, I’m left with…doubts. And i dont have the time/energy/skill to read every science paper on these subjects. And for every article there’s another article debunking the article. And then there’s debunkers debunking the debunkers…etc
I end up being an agnostic. Leaning toward the official version…but still with doubts and uncertainties.
I have looked for others like me on the net, but the 9-11 issue is like abortion — there is very little Non-Hostile exploration goin on out there on the InterNetz on this issue. There’s a LOT of name-calling if you dont believe in the official version and if you do believe in the official version.
w
v
wvParticipantFrom the wiki article.
—————————————
“In November 2007, Scripps Howard surveyed 811 Americans about their beliefs in several conspiracy theories and asked this question:[17]How about that some people in the federal government had specific warnings of the 9/11 attacks in New York and Washington, but chose to ignore those warnings. Is this very likely, somewhat likely or unlikely?
32% “Very Likely”
30% “Somewhat Likely”
30% “Unlikely”
8% “Don’t Know/Other”
———————————————June 7, 2018 at 4:43 pm in reply to: Trump invokes War of 1812 in testy call with Trudeau over tariffs #87153
wvParticipant“we know who LOST the war of 1812, but we are still not sure who won.”
(The Native Americans lost)
wvParticipantelections:https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/06/2018-biggest-primary-takeaways-628596
Top takeaways from 2018’s biggest primary nightDemocrats avoided a debacle in California, and women fared well all over. But the Bernie Sanders revolution continued to sputter.
By DAVID SIDERS, NATASHA KORECKI, CARLA MARINUCCI and STEVEN SHEPARD
06/06/2018 06:20 AM EDT
wvParticipantI’m guessing Max Martin didnt write this:
wvParticipantIf you dont know who Max Martin is (and i didnt), watch the video.
w
v
wvParticipantWell as someone who wants to see Trump lose the next election, I love all this “Pardoning himself” talk.
Cause I think among that sliver of voters who havent made up their minds about Trump or who might go either way — I dont think the pardon thing plays well. I think it will bother more people than the russia thing. The fact that he thinks he can just pardon himself.
w
v
wvParticipant
wvParticipantCan he pardon himself?
w
v
wvParticipantThats not a real book is it? I will assume its a joke.
w
vIt’s all too real.
Link: https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062749598/the-faith-of-donald-j-trump/
Didn’t you say you were looking for comedy books?
==============
Ya know, if i could get that book on amazon for under six bucks, I’d order it.
Just so i could tear out pages to start campfires, etc. ]
I’ve been using an Ayn Rand book but that oen is about out of pages now.
w
v
wvParticipantWashington Post
“For me, it is difficult to believe that any Supreme Court justice would endorse the right of a president to be lawless, in the sense of being entirely above the application of law,” Frenkel said.
===================
It is not difficult for me to believe that some justices would let him pardon himself.
If it did come to that, I think he’d lose the election. It’d still be close though. His base thinks its the system thats corrupt, not him. And they are half right.
w
vJune 3, 2018 at 10:56 pm in reply to: Trump lawyers sent bombshell memo to Mueller in January #87011
wvParticipant<
WV, you’re an actual lawyer, and I haven’t even played one on TV . . . but are you saying that if you were Trump’s lawyer, and you knew he’s innocent,
. . . .
—
=============Well wv-brain could not
1 imagine being trumps lawyer,
and
2 imagine Trump being innocent.My brain just wont go there.
Not even with a jug of Ayahuasca, and a basket of mushrooms.
w
v;>)
Well, I’ve long thought you missed your true calling. You should have been WV-standup-comic. I think you would have done at least as well as Seinfeld, with perhaps a dash of Lenny Bruce.
Nicely done, Esquire!
=============
I like comedy. I grew up listening to albums. Cosby, Carlin, Pryor.I’m looking for some good books on the history of comedy. I’ve been surfing the net looking for some. I did order this one: “Jewish Comedy: A serious History”
link:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0393247872/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
wvParticipant<
WV, you’re an actual lawyer, and I haven’t even played one on TV . . . but are you saying that if you were Trump’s lawyer, and you knew he’s innocent,
. . . .
—
=============Well wv-brain could not
1 imagine being trumps lawyer,
and
2 imagine Trump being innocent.My brain just wont go there.
Not even with a jug of Ayahuasca, and a basket of mushrooms.
w
v
wvParticipantOr dramatically alter them and add other features, like this:

===================
I hate that thing. Just so you all know.
w
v
wvParticipantI disagree. Yes an innocent person would send that 🙂 Its just lawyer stuff, Billy. His lawyers did it, not him. There’s no downside to arguing every possible angle on a legal issue. They are just throwing everything including the kitchen sink at him.
Its an awful argument, of course.
w
v
wvParticipantThats not a real book is it? I will assume its a joke.
w
v
wvParticipantAllz I know is the pieces are all in place for Goff. OLine, Weapons, Defense, Coaches — its all in place. He’s set up better than any QB since the GSOT days.
So…we shall see.
w
v
wvParticipant“Rams told Nike don’t touch horn design on helmets…”
Well at least the corporate weasels got ‘that’ right.
When the biosphere dies,
and the earth is a silent dystopian desert,
and only iguanas and crows and zombies roam the land,
I hope a limping, broken-legged zombie or two are wearing proper Ram helmets.
Blue and White, preferably.w
v
wvParticipantSo, msnbc has a story about a boy who raised $6000.00 with his lemonade stand to pay for his terminally ill brother’s medical bills. They reported it as an inspirational story.
However, the story’s not inspirational. It’s a tragedy and should be reported as such. It’s a tragedy because a family has to figure out a way to pay for the medical bills of a dying child. The horrible grief isn’t a big enough price to pay.
==========================
Yup. And that kind of story/dynamic is repeated on the corporate news, NON-STOP 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That kind of story/angle. Nonstop.
And YOU are a leftist. Leftists notice that instantly. Libruls dont see it.
w
v
wvParticipantthing that still baffles me is why so many people trust Trump and the GOP. I understand perfectly saying FU to the Dems. But it’s just not logical to choose Trump and the GOP as a champion of truth and anti-corruption. If the issue is a lack of trust for any political party, shouldn’t it be both of the majors? Or, if it’s “government” in general, both parties too?
=====================
Well, i guess at some point people just decide to believe in something. I mean, how in the world do people believe Alex Jones? How do people believe in Lizard-People? How do people believe Trump? Hitler? On and on.
I think Lie-Factories and Dirty-Rotten-Systems just…damage people. And damaged-people are prone to latch on to anything, Fascism, Trumpism, anything. Humans iz dangerous.
w
v
wvParticipantBoth major parties, corporate America, the intel community, the Pentagon, etc. I’m just not really seeing how this is all that different from, or worse than . . . 50 years ago, with one caveat:
I think corporate lying has gotten far more sophisticated (and coordinated), and since the early 1970s,..
===============
Well the corporate component of the system is huge, I’d say. And I think its gotten worse as the Media has come under the control of fewer and fewer Corpse.
I also think the new technologies have helped the lie-factory. Except for the internet. And thats why, of course, the internet is coming under control of the Lie-Factory. At least they are trying. I wouldnt bet against them.
w
v
wvParticipantThe conspiracy stuff drives me crazy. The political right has promoted some truly sick examples for generations, but some parts of “the left” are echoing these today and that needs to stopa…
——————-
Ok, but ask yourself how and why the conspiracy stuff has just taken off recently.
(or has it? seems like it has to me, but i dunno the history)Seems to me, so many people are susceptible to conspiracy-stuff BECAUSE they have figured out they are being LIED to so much and so often by the official powers-that-BE.
To me, the conspiracy stuff is a SYMPTOM of something large and ugly that is wrong with the Corporotocracy.
A related issue is the anti-science stuff that is common now. People dont trust science-news.
Add it all up and eventually, it could mean the end of the biosphere as we know it.
Which would be a shame. It’d be a shame to lose the Orcas and Tapirs. If only we could just get rid of the humans.
w
v
wvParticipant“So why do so many folks think this disgusting health-care system is just fine and dandy?”
I don’t know. Sometimes I think we look at everything from a political view when stuff can be fairly simple. IMO “so many folks” have their own physician that they favor for a variety of reasons. So the mention of single payer or universal care causes anxiety over the prospect of losing that personal relationship with their doc. I don’t think it has much to do with the bad guys propagandizing the good guys as much as we want it to.
As far as being selfish I again don’t think the bad guys have caused this. We are born selfish. The baby cries cause he or she wants something. Gimme gimme gimme-until they get it. As the baby gets older the movies, television, etc tells the individual its OK to “gather” stuff and it becomes a matter of entitlement and “what’s in it for me”. The key to having a more compassionate society is to “learn” how to be unselfish. The only way I know how that can be done is through parenting. And good luck with that. But the first thing that needs to be done is to stop blaming big government and the politics for all that ails us. That’s simply an easy answer. The difficult one is how to teach a parent who has been raised with a sense of entitlement to reverse that in their children. And that’s difficult because to do that one has to lead by example. But that’s hard as most of us would rather sit back and say its the smelly leftists or the reactionary right wing or capitalism or corporations or this or that -when the real answer is within themselves. Any change in the form of government or its leaders won’t matter a lick if the “people” have no sense of empathy toward those of less fortune.
Now enough of my soap box theories.
==================
Yes, we have different views about the big picture. You blame selfishness on biology. “People are born that way”
I on the other hand am a system-blamer (not a ‘government’ blamer).
I think babies are born with brains that can be very selfish or very self-less. Its systems/environment that will nudge people toward selfishness or selflessness.I think corporate-capitalism nudges people toward greed, individualism, superstition, and all the other stuff you dont like about Americans these days.
(I am wildly over-simplifying here as usual, but its a message-board post. Ya know.)Whats YOUR explanation for what you are seeing in society today, W? I know YOU are disgusted too. You’ve said so. If its not a failed-system then what is your explanation?
w
v
wvParticipantHarley Davidson:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/10/harley-davidson-tariffs-trump-motorcycles
Harley-Davidson: Trump’s tariffs pose grave threat to famous American name
The Wisconsin manufacturer is struggling with falling sales – and Trump’s tariffs on steel imports could add $30m to its costs
Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda on their Harleys in Easy Rider (1969) US demand for Harley’s bikes is falling, and the company is unlikely to add the 2 million extra riders it has hoped for…
wvParticipantI saw that one.
Looks like Maher is supporting Bernie now, btw.
w
v
wvParticipantI am actually taking a couple of months off this summer because I’m fairly burned-out on the opioid situation. It has affected every layer of the WV criminal justice system. Cops, judges, prosecutors, social workers, probation officers, public defenders, etc.
Five of my clients this year equal 25 clients ten years ago. What i mean is, now i have to be a psychologist, a medical doctor, an addiction expert, a social worker, a lawyer, a mental health professional, a poverty counselor, etc.
Clients are so totally fucked in so many ways now, that its like working in the seventh level of Dante’s Inferno.
w
v
“Do not be afraid; our fate
Cannot be taken from us; it is a gift.”
― Dante Alighieri, Inferno
wvParticipant<
But at its core is a group of people who are ok with millions of Americans not having healthcare. They are ok with it because they profit from it. And these people do everything possible to maintain the system…
======================
Of course millions of middle-class people AGREE with the rich folks profiting from this disgusting system that leaves millions of people without health care.
So why do so many folks think this disgusting health-care system is just fine and dandy?
Well, the answer from us leftists is — propaganda works. People have been fed a pack of lies and disinformation for years. A propaganda campaign, from the Corporations. And it works.
(Its exactly the same kind of campaign that destroyed Upton Sinclair’s candidacy in the 30’s. I’m readin a book called “Empire of their own: How the Jews Invented Hollywood” and there’s a chapter about rightwing Jewish movie moguls who used movies and propaganda and money to defeat the socialist Sinclair…)The thing that i wonder about is this — in order to support a system that leaves millions without health care, and gives rich folks a chance to live longer than poor folks — you have to be deep-down-selfish. You have to be. Right?
So what causes or nourishes or encourages that “deep down selfishness” in Americans? Somethin must be pushing Americans in that direction of selfishness.Humans are malleable. They can be selfish and they can be non-selfish. So both are programmed into us biologically. So what could be pushing Americans in the selfish direction?
What could it possibly be…
w
v
wvParticipantDems losing ground?
-
AuthorPosts

