7-9 again. Officially time to start talking draft.

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Rams Huddle 7-9 again. Officially time to start talking draft.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    rfl
    Participant

Draftniks? What do you know?

By virtue of the absurd ...

rfl
    Participant

Talk to me about OL and QB.

By virtue of the absurd ...

Agamemnon

1. La’el Collins OT
    2. Cameron Erving OT **** Connor Cook QB

3. Sean Mannion QB/LB

5. LB/QB

A. Resign Barksdale, Britt, and Hill for a total of $10 million.

Here are my meager notes and some links

http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008P.php#2015positions

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft

http://www.gbnreport.com/

http://theramshuddle.com/topic/an-early-look-at-the-nfl-draft-bob-mcginn/

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Agamemnon.

Agamemnon

JackPMiller
    Participant

1. Jameis Winston QB FSU – He may drop due to some character concerns
    2. Zach Hodges OLB Harvard – I expect he will move up on the draft boards.
    3. Kurtis Drummond FS Michigan State
    5. Christian Lombard OG Notre Dame
    7. Isaiah Fleming OLB Cheyney – Can’t have enough help on special teams.

znhater
    Blocked

1. La’el Collins OT
    2. Cameron Erving OT **** Connor Cook QB

3. Sean Mannion QB/LB

5. LB/QB

A. Resign Barksdale, Britt, and Hill for a total of $10 million.

Here are my meager notes and some links

http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008P.php#2015positions

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft

http://theramshuddle.com/topic/an-early-look-at-the-nfl-draft-bob-mcginn/

I like your thinking except re-signing Hill. I think he proved last night that the rams can do alot better. Or at least i hope they try.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by znhater.
    Agamemnon

December 11
    (2:00 PM): Bruins QB headed to draft … UCLA junior QB Brett Hundley still hasn’t said anything officially, but Bruins’ head coach Jim Mora has confirmed that the team’s Alamo Bowl date with Kansas State early next month will be the player’s last game at the school as he will be entering the 2015 draft. Hundley is generally considered to be the 3rd QB in this year’s draft field behind Marcus Mariota of Oregon and Florida State’s Jameis Winston , although he is still not thought to be a lock to be an opening round selection. Meanwhile, Alabama offensive co-ordinator Lane Kiffen has been quoted publicly as saying he does not expect junior WR Amari Cooper, a top 5-10 prospect for this year’s draft, to be back next fall. At the same time, ball-hawking Tulane junior CB Lorenzo Doss has declared for this year’s draft. Doss, who has 15 career interceptions, is considered to be a possible late second day pick for the upcoming draft.

Agamemnon

Agamemnon

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015OT.php
    There are a lot of OTs in the first 4 rounds, some might be like Saffold, might be better at guard, Collins. One guy was a LT who is playing center right now, Erving. I like guys that can play LT and other positions. I would like the offensive line to be the best group on team. I am always looking there first.

Agamemnon

InvaderRam

brett hundley. that’s the guy i want. should be available in the second round.

let him sit on the bench for a year and develop. hill starts in 2015.

draft at least 2 olinemen. i like cameron erving. can play maybe any position on the line.

zn

brett hundley. that’s the guy i want. should be available in the second round.

let him sit on the bench for a year and develop. hill starts in 2015.

draft at least 2 olinemen. i like cameron erving. can play maybe any position on the line.

Honestly, we don’t know what will happen. They could draft a rookie and he could end up sitting longer than a year.

PS I don’t like what I read about Hundley.

Also, I hope they don’t limit acquiring linemen to the draft.

wv
    Participant

PS I don’t like what I read about Hundley.

Also, I hope they don’t limit acquiring linemen to the draft.

I cant imagine a scenario where
    they went into the season without
    a coupla new free agent OLinemen.
    I think they will make the OLine
    their priority. QB will kinda be
    a wildcard, but they will want
    a good Line. They cant get over
    the 8-8 hump without a stout OLine.

And its do-able now. Its do-able
    in one offseason.

w
    v

InvaderRam

i have a friend who watches the bruins weekly. and i trust his opinion. he likes hundley. not in the first round. but thinks he’s a legit second round talent.

and that’s better than any option the rams have right now. even if it means he has to sit out for awhile.

zn

i have a friend who watches the bruins weekly. and i trust his opinion. he likes hundley. not in the first round. but thinks he’s a legit second round talent.

and that’s better than any option the rams have right now. even if it means he has to sit out for awhile.

Me? I hope there are other options to draft, not just hundley.

sdram
    Participant

I’d like to be a Hundler rooter but I’ve watched Hundley three games with Stanford being the last this year and came away underwhelmed each time – accuracy and arm strength didn’t impress me.

Dak
    Participant

This is not the draft for QB. That’s really my first and strongest opinion about this draft.

Looks like there’s depth at O-line, so that’s a big plus. And, there are some decent LBs to be had.

Might be a draft to fill holes, just not the gaping one behind center.

I still think Bradford could come through next year. With Hill behind him, I’m OK with that in 2015. Beyond that? Hard to say.

bnw
    Blocked

8-8 is still possible. This Rams team won’t quit.

The upside to being a Rams fan is heartbreak.

Sprinkles are for winners.

wv
    Participant

Just somethin Alyoshamucci posted when asked
    if he would really take a C and OG high
    in the draft:

“Interior line is the richest position in the top end of the draft, players between 15 and 75 are going to solidify a lot of lines . . and there are a lot of college OTs that are going to go inside.”

(on Scherff)
    “He’s probably the nastiest O lineman I’ve seen in some time. He’s reallllly strong with heavy hands.

Basically he has everything I want in an OG.

I put him a hair behind Martin because Martin was so smooth. I put him decently above Warford for intelligence and tenacity.”
    —————————————
    “BUT if we miss out on Scherff due to a trade down, or from picking another position, these guys are really pretty closely rated for me behind him.

FSU 54 ORG Tre’ Jackson 6-4 330 So.
    Jr.

FSU 70 ORG/OLG Matias 6-6 325 Sr.
    Sr.

DUKE 77 ORG Tomlinson 6-3 320 So.
    Jr.
    Sr.

I mean VERY close behind. I wouldn’t be all bent if we wound up with one of these guys as consolation while picking up another 3rd or 4th round pick, or because we waited until the 2nd because Kevin White or Amari Cooper fell to us. I don’t think all of those guys could possibly be gone before we pick in the second.

Also, of note, including Cam Erving now playing OC, who I am loving at that position, FSU has the best Interior Line I have seen at the college level.”

w
    v

Agamemnon

I like Scherff, but I figured he would be gone when we picked. Picking a pure guard is ok, but then they have to be a starter and a hell of a starter. imo

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Agamemnon.

Agamemnon

Agamemnon

NFL Draft Big Board: Bowls, all-star games bring extra scrutiny
    by Rob Rang | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst
    Dec. 10, 2014 3:44 PM ET

Melvin Gordon is among the underclassmen leaving early for the NFL Draft. (USATSI) Melvin Gordon is among the underclassmen leaving early for the NFL Draft. (USATSI)

Not all prospects are preparing for bowl games, instead shifting their focus to what they need to do before all-star games and the pre-draft workout circuit.

This is especially true of underclassmen, like Michigan’s talented pass-catcher Devin Funchess, who announced that he would give up his final year of eligibility to enter the 2015 NFL Draft. Last year’s strong crop of prospects was fortified with a record 98 underclassmen and the trend isn’t likely to slow down.

Much will change before the first pick of the 2015 NFL Draft is announced on April 30. As it stands, these are my top 50 NFL prospects in college football. Of them, two-thirds are underclassmen.

1. Leonard Williams, DT, 6-4, 290, 4.88, Jr, Southern Cal: Strong, athletic and passionate, the Trojans’ star is earning comparisons to everyone from Houston Texans’ defensive end J.J. Watt to Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy for his ability to dominate the line of scrimmage while alternating between defensive tackle and defensive end. He’s too quick for guards and too strong for tackles, wreaking havoc along the line of scrimmage against the run and pass.

2. Randy Gregory, DE, 6-5, 242, Jr, 4.76, Nebraska: Gregory is the country’s elite edge defender. From a two- or three-point stance, he’s a natural pass rusher with an explosive get-off, flexibility, long arms and active hands and the tenacious style of play (including against the run) that will endear him to coaches. Gregory is lanky and needs to bulk up if he is to remain at defensive end in the NFL. He also struggled with injuries in 2014. An old knee injury was aggravated in the season opener and required a knee scope that cost him the next game. Further, Gregory was sidelined in Nebraska’s regular season finale with injury (reportedly for head and ankle injuries).

3. Marcus Mariota, QB, 6-4, 215, 4.52, rJr, Oregon: Mariota’s mesmerizing physical traits have long captivated scouts, but he’s also answering questions about his mettle and poise with impressive wins against physical defenses from Michigan State, Stanford and Utah that might have previously given him trouble. His stellar play this season warrants his status as the Heisman favorite. He is not, however, the “can’t miss” prospect that some imply. He is potentially a special weapon because of his speed in an era of dual-threat quarterbacks. But he’s a good, not great, passer. Further, Oregon’s speed and scheme complicate Mariota’s projection to the NFL as he won’t see the wide-open passing lanes at the next level.

4. Shane Ray, DE, 6-3, 245, 4.54, Jr, Missouri: Ray had to bide his time backing up Michael Sam and Kony Ealy but he has been dominant as a junior, leading the SEC with 14.5 sacks and 21.5 tackles for loss — despite missing most of the SEC Championship game after a hit on Alabama quarterback Blake Sims was deemed to be targeting by officials. Voted the conference’s Defensive Lineman of the Week three times, Ray is proving that his phenomenal athleticism — he’s been credited with a 4.4-second 40-yard dash and 40-plus vertical jump — translates well to the gridiron. Ray might wind up a top-five pick, as the perception in the scouting community is that he is just scratching the surface of his potential.
    Shane Ray could wind up going in the top five picks. (USATSI) Shane Ray could wind up going in the top five picks. (USATSI)

5. Jameis Winston, QB, 6-4, 235, 4.83, rSo, Florida State: Winston’s off-field issues will be thoroughly investigated by NFL security and play a critical role in where he is drafted. But his talent is undeniable. His combination of size, functional mobility, anticipation and arm talent warrant No. 1 overall consideration. Equally undeniable is the fact that Winston has struggled in 2014 — 17 interceptions compared to 10 all of last year. Winston has the confidence, anticipation, accuracy and arm to deliver strikes downfield but he has a tendency to lock on and has been especially vulnerable to shallow defenders dropping back in front of his intended receivers. Given the frequency of zone blitzes in the NFL, this is an area in which Winston must improve.

6. Vic Beasley, OLB, 6-2, 235, 4.58, rSr, Clemson: With pressure on the quarterback priority No. 1 on defense, teams are more willing than ever to trade size for speed at the position. Like recent “undersized” first-round rushers Von Miller, Bruce Irvin, Barkevious Mingo and Dee Ford, Beasley boasts a lightning-quick first-step and the agility to stalk mobile quarterbacks.

7. Brandon Scherff, OT, 6-5, 315, 4.93, rSr, Iowa: Scherff may just prove to be the best in the long line of blockers tutored by Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz, which is quite an accomplishment considering that 13 Iowa offensive linemen have been drafted since Ferentz took over in 1999. Scherff won big points with scouts for his toughness, battling back from a torn meniscus and corrective surgery on Sept. 8 to start against rival Iowa State five days later. Scherff doesn’t possess special traits like long arms or the flashy athleticism scouts look for and likely won’t be drafted as high as I grade him. He’s powerful, tough and tenacious, however, and I see him as one of the “safer” prospects in the country.

8. Amari Cooper, WR, 6-1, 205, 4.56, Jr, Alabama: Cooper’s production this season looks like something out of a video game. He’s shattered Alabama records with 115 receptions for 1,656 yards and 14 touchdowns. It isn’t just the production in Lane Kiffin’s pro-style scheme that has scouts excited. Cooper possesses great agility and first-step acceleration to generate big plays. He could be Alabama’s first winner of the Biletnikoff Award and is deserving of his Heisman finalist status. His lack of elite size and the occasional dropped pass keeps him out of the elite category.
    Amari Cooper’s lack of elite size could lead to him dropping. (USATSI) Amari Cooper’s lack of elite size could lead to him dropping. (USATSI)

9. Shawn Oakman, DE, 6-8, 275, 4.92, rJr, Baylor: Oakman certainly looks the part of a top-10 pick, boasting an incredible combination of size, burst and power. He remains very much a work in progress, disappearing for stretches in showdowns against TCU and Oklahoma, among other contests. He has shown playmaking ability throughout his career, recording an astounding 12.5 tackles for loss last season despite not starting in his first season after transferring from Penn State. Using a top-10 pick on Oakman is a gamble, but it is a gamble that could result in winning the lottery.

10. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, 6-5, 225, 4.49, rJr, Oklahoma: The character concerns which prompted Green-Beckham’s transfer from Missouri will certainly require investigating, but there is no denying his blend of size, acceleration and ball-skills. The skill-set is so rare, in fact, that DGB is likely to earn first-round consideration in 2015 even with the NCAA ruling the junior ineligible to play this year.

11. Dante Fowler Jr., DE, 6-3, 266, 4.84, Jr, Florida: A talented pass rusher with experience at outside linebacker and all over the defensive line, Fowler is an intriguing athlete with range, strength and flexibility. He isn’t as explosive off the snap or productive as some of the other pass rushers on this list but Fowler’s awareness and physicality make him better suited to handling the run. Through social media, Fowler insinuated that he may be heading to the NFL a year early, following news of the firing of Florida’s coaching staff.

12. Landon Collins, SS, 6-0, 215, 4.53, Jr, Alabama: Instinctive, athletic and an explosive hitter, Collins looks the part of a top-10 pick. His downhill-playing style might be best suited to strong safety as he has been fooled deep on occasion this year due to his aggression. Further, scouts are certainly aware of the fact that few of the highly drafted few defensive backs out of Alabama have performed as brilliantly in the NFL as they did for Nick Saban.

13. Danny Shelton, DT, 6-2, 323, 5.17, Sr, Washington: Broad-shouldered, powerful and surprisingly passionate in pursuit, Shelton is a classic two-gap run defender with the gaudy statistics to catch the attention of scouts. He has flashed first-round talent throughout his career but has played at a different level as a senior, boosting his stock considerably.

14. Alvin “Bud” Dupree, DE, 6-4, 267, 4.63, rSr, Kentucky: The Wildcats may not have the history of churning out high-end defenders of some other SEC teams, but that won’t stop Dupree from earning a first-round selection. Dupree’s length, agility and closing speed stand out on tape, as does his comfort playing out of the two- or three-point stance. Better yet, his traits translate into production against quality competition, as Dupree is the SEC’s active sack leader.

15. Lael Collins, OT, 6-5, 315, 5.12, Sr, LSU: Collins doesn’t get the national attention of other tackles in this class, but the big man is surprisingly agile in pass protection and is a mauler in the running game. Collins isn’t an elite athlete and therefore will likely wind up inside at guard or right tackle in the NFL rather than at his customary left tackle position but he has the square build and physical nature to handle the move.

16. Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, 6-5, 300, 4.98, rSr, Texas A&M: Former Aggies Luke Joeckel (2013) and Jake Matthews (2014) were the second and sixth overall picks in successive drafts, and Ogbuehi has more raw talent than either player. He’s remarkably light on his feet for a man of his size and possesses the balance and long arms to catch up to pass-rushers even if beaten off the snap. Ogbuehi struggled with the transition from right to left tackle this year, however, and has since been moved back. That’s certainly a red flag but Ogbuehi’s upside is undeniable.
    Cedric Ogbuehi is remarkably light on his feet for a 300-pound tackle. (USATSI) Cedric Ogbuehi is remarkably light on his feet for a 300-pound tackle. (USATSI)

17. Shaq Thompson, OLB, 6-2, 231, 4.56, Jr, Washington: Boasting terrific athleticism, instincts and awareness, Thompson has proven a standout wherever he’s played for the Huskies, including most recently at running back. While perhaps not as stout as preferred, Thompson’s fluidity, reliable open-field tackling and big-play moxie could earn him a hybrid linebacker/safety role.

18. Trae Waynes, CB, 6-1, 183, 4.53, rJr, Michigan State: While former teammate Darqueze Dennard won the Thorpe Award last year as the nation’s top defensive back, some scouts questioned if Waynes wasn’t the better NFL prospect. Waynes possesses the length, fluidity and ball skills required of cornerbacks in today’s pass-happy NFL and is stouter against the run than his frame implies.

19. Kevin White, WR, 6-3, 209, 4.49, Sr, West Virginia: No player has improved his draft stock more in 2014 than White. It isn’t just his production (102 catches for 1,318 yards and nine touchdowns) that is impressing scouts. White’s size, strength and ability to come down with contested grabs is something that every team in the NFL is looking for at the receiver position.

20. Ronnie Stanley, OT, 6-6, 318, 5.16, rSoph, Notre Dame: I generally don’t include redshirt sophomores in rankings, especially offensive linemen. As Greg Robinson (also a redshirt sophomore) proved last year as the No. 2 overall pick, teams are willing to gamble on youth if the tools are there. Impressive efforts against Louisville’s Lorenzo Mauldin (Nov. 22) and top-rated prospect Leonard Williams of Southern Cal showed why some think he’ll soon follow Zack Martin, the man he replaced at left tackle for the Irish, as a first-round pick. Stanley sports a well-proportioned frame with long arms. He’s light on his feet and plays with both strength and aggression.

21. DeVante Parker, WR, 6-3, 209, 4.45, Sr, Louisville: A broken left foot sidelined Parker for the first seven games of the 2014 season but he’s returned with a vengeance since and was dynamic against Florida State, recording eight catches for 214 yards and finishing the regular season with six grabs for 180 yards and three scores to help beat Kentucky. Parker can win with his height and ability to high-point passes. He also has impressive fluidity and acceleration for a receiver of his size.

22. T.J. Clemmings, OT, 6-5, 305, 5.05, rSr, Pittsburgh: The Panthers boast two of the more exciting young players in college football in James Conner and Tyler Boyd but Clemmings is a potential first-round talent in his own right. He’s made steady progress at right tackle since making the jump from defensive end two years ago and boasts an exciting combination of length, agility and tenacity.

23. Melvin Gordon, RB, 6-1, 207, 4.52, rJr, Wisconsin: The Heisman finalist was contained by Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship, averaging just 2.9 yards on 26 attempts by the Buckeyes. Despite his inability to break big plays in this game, Gordon is highly regarded by scouts for his ability to do precisely this. He boasts elite acceleration and great lateral agility to make defenders miss. With Georgia’s Todd Gurley suffering an ACL tear — and tumbling out of my Big Board rankings — Gordon has ascended to the top spot among running backs.

24. Devin Funchess, WR, 6-5, 230, 4.55, Jr, Michigan: Funchess began his college career at tight end but he starred outside at receiver in 2014 and projects best in this role in the NFL. His combination of size, acceleration and body control make him a matchup nightmare, though he still drops more passes than he should. If Funchess runs in the 4.5s during workouts, it is hard to imagine him slipping out of the first round.
    Devin Funchess has the size, fluidity and speed to star in the NFL. (USATSI) Devin Funchess has the size, fluidity and speed to star in the NFL. (USATSI)

25. P.J. Williams, CB, 6-0, 190, 4.48, Jr, Florida State: Williams has gone up against some of the more talented receivers in college football and succeeded, demonstrating the fluidity, balance and acceleration scouts expect out of a first round cornerback. I’d like to see him wrap more securely but as he proved yet again with solid hits in the ACC Championship victory over Georgia Tech, Williams doesn’t lack confidence or physicality as a tackler.

26. Eddie Goldman, DT, 6-3, 314, 5.28, Jr, Florida State: Teams are willing to gamble on difference-makers along the defensive line almost as much as they are quarterbacks, and no defensive tackle has captured the imagination of scouts more than Goldman this season. Goldman is broad, powerful and surprisingly athletic, having stood at defensive end in 2013 before making the switch back inside this year. Goldman was carted off the field with an ankle injury during the ACC Championship but FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher said that he expects his best run-stuffer back in time for the New Year’s Day Rose Bowl matchup with Oregon.

27. Andrus Peat, OT, 6-6, 312, 5.28, Jr, Stanford: Peat signed with Stanford as a five-star recruit and possesses the combination of size and athleticism scouts drool over. However, he has experienced notable lapses this season, from getting blown up by Notre Dame and struggling mightily against Utah’s Nate Orchard. Peat’s upside warrants early consideration but unless he develops more nastiness to his play, there is doubt that he will fulfill his potential.

28. Marcus Peters, CB, 6-0, 198, 4.52, Jr, Washington: On the field, Peters is the top cornerback in the class. His aggression, length and ball skills (11 career interceptions) are clearly first-round caliber. However, I have some reservations about his straight-line speed and the greater concern is his character. Peters was dismissed from the team by new Washington head coach Chris Peterson Nov. 6 and he was suspended by the previous staff for the first quarter of the 2012 Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, as well. Pre-draft interviews will be critical for Peters.

29. Benardrick McKinney, OLB, 6-4, 245, 4.58, rJr, Mississippi State: Quarterback Dak Prescott got the Heisman hype but a big part of Mississippi State’s special season has been a deep and ferocious defense, the most gifted of which is McKinney. Boasting a freakish combination of size and athleticism, McKinney looks the part of a top-20 pick, though some have concerns about where he’ll fit best at the next level.

30. Ereck Flowers, OT, 6-5, 322, 5.26, Jr, Miami (Fla.): Flowers returns to the Big Board after a very impressive performance against Mario Edwards Jr. and Florida State. He dropped off the list after undergoing knee surgery in late October but certainly looked no worse for wear against the defending champs. Flowers is light on his feet and balanced in pass protection. He is aggressive and active as a run blocker, including looking for defenders in pursuit. If Flowers checks out medically, he’s a likely first-round pick.

31. Danielle Hunter, DE, 6-6, 240, 4.68, Jr, LSU: Hunter sports a lanky build, but he is surprisingly strong at the point of attack and uses his length and lateral agility very well to harass quarterbacks — rushing after them or batting down passes at the line of scrimmage. Hunter knocked down three passes, for example, against Alabama. Like many of the pass rushers on this list, Hunter is a work in progress but his exciting skill set and the value of his position in today’s NFL could push him into the first round if he were to make himself eligible.

32. Leonard Floyd, OLB, 6-3, 230, 4.73, rSo, Georgia: Floyd is even lankier than Hunter but he’s more powerful than he looks and has the burst and agility to wreak havoc off the edge. Floyd was productive in 2014 — recording 55 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and three forced fumbles and leading the Bulldogs with six sacks — but if the redshirt sophomore were to leave early, the team that invests an early-round pick in him would do so hoping that his best football was yet to come.

Just missed the cut:

Shilique Calhoun, DE, 6-4, 257, 4.72, rJr, Michigan State
    Jaelen Strong, WR, 6-4, 212, 4.55, rJr, Arizona State
    Arik Armstead, DT, 6-7, 296, 4.96, Jr, Oregon
    Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, 5-10, 185, 4.46, Sr, Oregon
    AJ Cann, OG, 6-3, 318, 5.18, Sr, South Carolina
    Ty Sambrailo, OT, 6-5, 315, 5.27, rSr, Colorado State
    Lorenzo Mauldin, DE/OLB, 6-4, 243, 4.73, Sr, Louisville
    Connor Cook, QB, 6-4, 220, 4.89, Jr, Michigan State
    Markus Golden, DE, 6-3, 260, 4.72, Sr, Missouri
    Cody Prewitt, FS, 6-2, 212, 4.59, Sr, Mississippi
    DeForest Buckner, DE, 6-6, 286, 4.89, Jr, Oregon
    Maxx Williams, TE, 6-4, 250, 4.85, rSo, Minnesota
    Eli Harold, OLB, 6-4, 235, 4.73, Jr, Virginia
    Nelson Agholor, WR, 6-1, 190, 4.49, Jr, Southern Cal
    Brett Hundley, QB, 6-3, 227, 4.64, rJr, UCLA
    Tyreek Hill, WR, 5-10, 185, 4.41, Jr, Oklahoma State
    Cameron Erving, OL, 6-5, 308, 5.16, rSr, Florida State
    Nate Orchard, DE, 6-4, 255, 4.76, Sr, Utah

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/big-board

Agamemnon

wv
    Participant

<span class=”d4pbbc-font-color” style=”color: blue”>I like Scherff, but I figured he would be gone when we picked. Picking a pure guard is ok, but then they have to be a starter and a hell of a starter. imo</span>

Lets say the Rams pick at 15 — you think he would be gone by 15? A guard taken before 15 ?

w
    v

Agamemnon

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Agamemnon wrote:</div>
    <span class=”d4pbbc-font-color” style=”color: blue”>I like Scherff, but I figured he would be gone when we picked. Picking a pure guard is ok, but then they have to be a starter and a hell of a starter. imo</span>

Lets say the Rams pick at 15 — you think he would be gone by 15? A guard taken before 15 ?

w
    v

I think he is a OT that can be moved inside. I don’t think he is a pure guard. A pure guard would be Tre Jackson.

Agamemnon

Agamemnon

I want offensive linemen the most. I would happily draft 3 in the first 3 rounds. But, if the talent lies at another position, I am drafting talent, not position. This draft has some good offensive line talent so I am confident that drafting talent will get me some good offensive linemen.

Agamemnon

zn

I want offensive linemen the most. I would happily draft 3 in the first 3 rounds. But, if the talent lies at another position, I am drafting talent, not position. This draft has some good offensive line talent so I am confident that drafting talent will get me some good offensive linemen.</span>

I agree with that. I am hoping in addition to drafting some, high and low, they also:

* root up some ronin— ie. young vets bouncing from team to team, in the Barksdale mold

* sign some promising UDFAs

* sign some low-market veteran FAs (like Nutten and McCollum back in the Old Days) … this is often a way to get a good center: convert a low-market guard who doesn’t have a team

* develop a guy or 2 they already have (Jones? Person?)

Then put it all in a blender and field the best 5.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.