Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 8,261 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: chat link for the Eagles game + inactives list #166581
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I dunno. I click the link, and I get this:

    in reply to: Our reactions to the Eagles game #166580
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Yeah, McDuffie got his finger snagged in the guy’s t-shirt, and there was no intent, and no effect on the play. Hard to see that, though. The ref can see the t-shirt stretched.

    I thought the 4th and goal was a terrible call. Take the 3. That forces the Rams to score 2 TDs, and they had only 1 all day at that point. Of course, the Rams DID score 2 TDs, but I would have taken the easy FG, if I was Siriani.

    Anyway. Game Ball to the defense. Helluva an effort. Byron Young wrecked the Eagles.

    Stafford has real trouble in the rain.

    in reply to: Our reactions to the Eagles game #166571
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    That was the most disgusting win I can remember seeing.

    The Rams looked like a JV team most of the day, but enough Eagles got injured that I think they literally were down to their JV team. The Rams played a very bad, sloppy, bad, mistake-ridden game, and they would have lost if not for attrition.

    How about that Kyrien WIlliams effort on the go-ahead TD? Man is a stud.

    Bad clock management last drive 2nd quarter. Could have let the clock run off 27 secs to 2-min warning. They had all their timeouts. They had 1st down at Phi 21. I think that was a mistake.

    Puka makes an impossible catch every game.

    Somebody explain to me why the Eagles gunner runs out of bounds on a punt and gets a 5 yard penalty, and the rams run out of bounds and it’s a 15 yard penalty.

    So many special team disasters. The 41 yard punt return may be the worst, but sheesh.

    Adams did not have a good game. Stafford had the worst 300 yard game in recent memory. He plunked a game-losing pass off the chest of an Eagle in the red zone on the winning drive on top of all the other misses and INTs.

    Seriously disgusting game, though. 8 penalties for 100 yards.

    in reply to: chat link for the Eagles game + inactives list #166566
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    If have joined, this is the link to the chat room: <a

    I get a message that nothing is going on. I think we need to be “friends” for me to find the chat room.

    My handle is “Zooey It Is”

    • This reply was modified 6 hours, 40 minutes ago by Avatar photoZooey.
    in reply to: Setting up Eagles game: week 4 #166545
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Kam Kinchens will also play.

    Puka and Kinchins in. Parkinson and Stewart questionable.

    Watson, Donald, and Ferguson out.

    For Philly, Davonta Smith, Zach Baun, Dallas Goedert, Marquise Brown, Marcus Epps, and Fred Johnson are out.

    in reply to: Setting up Eagles game: week 4 #166520
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    While miscues on special teams in recent weeks have not fallen on Smith alone, he did have a costly one last Sunday night against the Broncos when he fielded the ball at the Rams’ own goal line and returned it 10 yards with 14:08 remaining in the third quarter.

    Yeah, there was that, too. I almost went back to my post in the “Reactions to Denver Game” thread to add this observation, but I just left it. A professional punt returner should know better than field a kick inside the 10.

    I was surprised he was on the team to start camp, frankly.

    in reply to: Denver game–tweets, plays, articles #166466
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Special teams is one of them, with the Rams fighting through a second straight shaky game under new coordinator Bubba Ventrone. An Emmanuel Forbes Jr. penalty lost 39 yards of field position, and a 28-yard punt return ignited the Broncos’ second-half comeback. Special teams issues date back years for the Rams. They hoped a coordinator change and playing starters on special teams could turn things around.

    And that great tackle inside the 10 that got wiped out by Forbes’ penalties was made by Grant Stuard, acquired for ST.

    I’m pretty much finished with Forbes, though. Call up Cam Lampkin.

    in reply to: Rams injuries #166460
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    WEEK 4

    Stu Jackson@StuJRams
    Sean McVay said TE Colby Parkinson suffered an AC sprain and TE Terrance Ferguson a medial ankle sprain.

    Ferguson likely out for this week’s game at Eagles, Parkinson’s status still TBD.

    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
    Rams tight end Colby Parkinson, listed as questionable for Sunday night’s game in Denver due to a knee injury, is “trending in the right direction” to play, per HC Sean McVay.

    Adam Grosbard@AdamGrosbard
    Rams CB Jaylen Watson dislocated his shoulder, per Sean McVay. He won’t go on IR and is likely out at least this week

    Watson’s injury sounds a lot worse, and he’s probably more important considering the depth at the position.

    AI Overview

    A medial ankle sprain is an injury that overstretches or tears the strong deltoid ligament on the inside of the ankle. Unlike common outer ankle sprains, a medial sprain happens when the foot forcefully rolls or twists outward (eversion). Because the deltoid ligament is very thick, these sprains are less common—making up about 5% to 15% of all ankle injuries—but they are often more severe and take longer to heal.

    Symptoms
    • Pain and deep tenderness on the inside of the ankle
    • Swelling and bruising limited to the inner side of the joint
    • Trouble walking or putting weight on the foot
    • A feeling of joint instability or looseness

    Causes and Risks
    • Eversion mechanism: Occurs when the foot twists outward or rolls away from the other foot under heavy force.
    • High-impact sports: Common in football, soccer, basketball, and gymnastics during sudden directional changes or awkward landings.
    • Associated fractures: Because it takes high force to injure the inner ligament, a doctor must check for broken bones on the outer ankle. You can learn more about these mechanics via resources like the Cleveland Clinic Deltoid Ligament Guide.

    Treatment and Recovery
    • Initial care: Use the R.I.C.E. method (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation). Doctors may advise using a boot or crutches for early immobilization and limited weight-bearing.
    • Physical therapy: Focuses on restoring safe movement, rebuilding strength with resistance bands, and improving balance. Professional supervision helps prevent chronic instability or reinjury. Read more about recovery phases in Essential Insights In Treating Medial Ankle Sprains.
    • Surgery: Reserved for severe, complete tears that cause permanent joint instability.

    Dislocated Shoulder
    A non-surgical dislocated shoulder typically takes 6 to 12 weeks to heal, while recovery after surgery can take 5 to 6 months or longer.

    Healing Timelines
    • Without Surgery: Basic daily activities return in 4 to 6 weeks, with full functional recovery taking up to 12 weeks.
    • With Surgery: Wearing a sling takes about 6 weeks, followed by several months of physical therapy and a total recovery time of 5 to 6 months.
    • Returning to Sports: Contact sports or heavy lifting usually require waiting 3 to 6 months to prevent repeat dislocations.

    Recovery Stages
    • Weeks 1–3: Rest and protect the joint in a sling. Manage pain and swelling with ice. Start gentle, passive movements early to prevent stiffness.
    • Weeks 4–6: Begin guided physical therapy. Gradually restore range of motion and light active movement.
    • Weeks 6–12+: Rebuild strength in the rotator cuff and stabilizing muscles. Slowly resume normal daily tasks and low-impact exercise.

    in reply to: Denver game–tweets, plays, articles #166430
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Eisen reminds me that it was the ref behind the play who threw the flag, not the ref with the direct front side look.

    in reply to: Denver game–tweets, plays, articles #166429
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Gotta say, the WR did a F’ing masterful job of selling the fake P.I. Its easy to see its not P.I. if you watch it in slow motion, but in real time, I could see how it could be one of three things: P.I, No-call, or Offensive-P.I.

    The Pick-Six was the play of the game, though. That was the killer. Cant have that.

    w
    v

    Yep. When whathisface realized the ball was behind him, he did a flop, one that was convincing in real time, although that ref had a direct look at it.

    But…yeah. You can’t commit 13 penalties, ya gotta stop 2-point conversions at least half the time, and you have to finish in the end zone more often than taking FGs.

    There are several at-hand excuses, but excuses are for losers.

    @ Philly next week. Then Buffalo. {sigh}

    in reply to: our reactions to the Denver game #166411
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    The Rams have no business allowing two 2-point conversions. The second one was McDuffie’s guy, I think.

    Josh Wallace was terrible, and then fantastic. I’m guessing there will be considerable conversation about that INT.

    The Rams had that game, and they blew it with self-inflicted wounds, and a couple of Stafford misfires where he missed big play opportunities. He was nails in the comeback drive, though.

    I’m not happy about the loss, obviously, but all things considered, the Rams are very good. They were on a short week, and had to go to Mile High which is a tough place to play, and the Broncos are a very good team. They were without Puka, Garrett – 2 Big Impact players – and Kam Kinchens.

    So they were going to run a lot of 13. Only Ferguson got knocked out (hopefully it’s a low ankle sprain). And they lost Watson. So they played on defense without Garrett, Watson, and Kinchens, and on offense without Puka and Ferguson. And they still nearly won.

    It took Denver 10 plays to score from the 15-yard line. That was a helluva a defensive stand down there, and it looked to me like they got robbed. I thought Wallace got that INT, and I’ll be listening/reading tomorrow to hear what other people say because there will be much said about that.

    And then with less than a minute left, and one time out, Stafford nearly pulled it out.

    in reply to: Rams tweets etc. … 9/24 – 9/27 #166382
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I saw that Adam Schefter said Myles Garrett expected to be out 6 Weeks, fwiw.

    w
    v

    Yeah, I just got a notification on my phone, and I misread it to say “6 months.” Not that 6 weeks is good, but I guess it’s better than out for the season.

    We’re going to have to wait a while before we get to watch the greatest DL ever in NFL history.

    in reply to: Rams tweets etc. … 9/24 – 9/27 #166378
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Surgery is a possibility?

    …

    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
    Rams wide receiver Puka Nacua, who is doubtful for Sunday night’s game at Denver but could return as soon as next week against the Eagles, has been dealing with mainly a groin injury that has impacted his explosiveness, per league sources. Functinally, Nacua can play, but he has not felt like he can play with the same explosiveness he has had in the past. The Rams still view it as a short-term injury and think he’ll be back sooner rather than later. The organization does not believe surgery in this situation will be needed, but it’s also not entirely off the table if Nacua doesn’t show signs of improvement. Still, nobody is thinking that will be the direction this situation goes, and Nacua could be back next week.

    in reply to: around the league #166367
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Best of NFL Mic’d up: week 2

    “you gonna jump? No?”

    Dexter Lawrence does have a motor mouth, does he not?

    in reply to: setting up Rams at Denver #166335
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    actionjack
    the one WR that Surtain struggles with is Adams. They played against each other lot when he was with the Raiders

    in reply to: McDuffie buzz #166318
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    He’s caught as many passes (1) in coverage as he’s allowed to opposing players (1).

    That is an acceptable ratio, I feel like, though I don’t know a lot about football.

    in reply to: Football history #166317
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I guess in 2024, Seattle beat Denver and Payton accused McDonald of cheating. (Seahawks studied social media vids of Denver’s practices)

    Sean Payton is the single most disgraced coach of all time. He got suspended for a full year without pay for placing bounties on players, and that has to be the worst look the NFL has ever had.

    I’m sure he’s not alone, and many other people did that in the past, but Sean Payton is an absolute piece of shit and he can go fuck all the way off.

    in reply to: our reactions to the Giants game #166276
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    It is true that the Giants were more banged up than the Rams. But of course the Rams were banged up too. On the Rams side, this led to the double specter of a top run game and a brilliant connection between Stafford and Adams, all against a very good defense.

    There were times we can all remember where the Rams would lose games like this.

    For me, in the midst of the weird combo of gaudy yet mistake prone offense, it was a pleasure to see players like Adams and McDuffie excel.

    And in the middle of all this chaos league wide driven by compromised OL play, it was good to see the Rams OL just be solidly effective.

    Some details.

    * Kyren Wms said he worked on his speed in the offseason. To me, it showed. He didn’t suddenly become Tony Dorsett, but he had a bit more speed in his game.

    * The Rams DL is so deep it’s almost unbelievable. And we didn’t even hear much from Fiske or Ford. I have this radical new deep revelation that leads to me to a profound new claim: namely, I think this unit is going to just get better and better. Really. I promise. It’s true. I swear.

    * Some games, Lake just makes plays. When he does that he just seems to be tuned in to what the opposing offense is trying to do.

    * Atwell, in his few plays, looked more confidently decisive than before. He’s still a role player, but it could grow into an important role.

    * Ferguson took steps toward being the “TE in the 3rd WR” role that he is kind of destined for in McVay’s mind. I like the fact that both Stafford and McVay chewed him out for the dropped 3rd down pass, and that he responded to that in a constructive way.

    * Protection is big for this offense. Higbee was more a 6th lineman than a true TE. I bet we see more of that this year.

    * Everyone on defense plays crazier and more tuned in when Donald is active–that’s whether he is on the field or the sideline. Players used to say that with Steven Jackson on the team, you just played harder out of respect for him. I think it’s the same with Donald.

    * Special teams has gone from being a game-killing, bottom of the league unit capable of causing multiple disasters, to being just somewhat below average/slash/mediocre. So…big improvement!

    * On third and short, setting up a run look then rolling Stafford out to hit a TE who had lined up before the snap as a blocker? That play looks unstoppable. In the future, teams will defend that, but doing so will just subtract from the run defense. It’s a clever thing McVay does with that, since the play and then (eventually) just threatening to run that play will force defenders into contradictory no-win responses.

    * To be honest? I knew Adams was good, we all did. But I had no idea how good. He truly ranks right up there with a very long list of great Rams WRs, including Ellard, Bruce, Holt, Kupp, OBJ, and Nacua. That’s just true of course but what I want to stress here is how much seeing him in that game just drove that point home. In one game, I went from “yeah he’s good glad we have him” to “wow.”

    That’s a really good post, and I could expand on several of those points, but I’m triggered mostly by the last one on Adams. There were three plays that he made that weren’t just “good,” but which were funking great. One was the second? touchdown pass he caught? Both Stafford’s throw and his catch were just ridiculous. But he caught a few passes that no human being can catch during the game. This guy, Adams, is not just a random addition to a team. He is legend.

    in reply to: our reactions to the Giants game #166220
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I gotta say, i did not think Davante still had that kind of game in him.

    Surprising game to me. I thought the Giants would be much tougher. I thought their DLine would be a problem for the Rams Oline.

    w
    v

    Me too.

    And I don’t mean that in a sexual harassment kind of way.

    I was expecting more Smash from the Giants, and I’m not sorry that they let me down on that point.

    I actually think it’s surprising that the Rams did not hang up 42 on them, the way things were going.

    Davante Adams made me happy. He did not look like a guy just barely hanging on at the end of his career. He Looked like a football player.

    The Rams just looked like a team that showed up, did the football thing, and left.

    Seeing AD out there just caused me to have multiples, though. I am so happy to see that dude out there.

    in reply to: chat link for the Giants game + (eventually) inactives list #166197
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Or…

    more likely

    in reply to: chat link for the Giants game + (eventually) inactives list #166196
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Best I can achieve:

    in reply to: chat link for the Giants game + (eventually) inactives list #166195
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    WTF, man?

    I keep getting an error msg.

    NO TEXT CHANNELS
    You find yourself in a strange place. You don’t have access to any
    text channels, or there are none in this server.

    Not sure what this is about.

    I’m trying to give you the benefit of my company, but discord won’t cooperate

    in reply to: chat link for the Giants game + (eventually) inactives list #166193
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    WTF, man?

    I keep getting an error msg.

    NO TEXT CHANNELS
    You find yourself in a strange place. You don’t have access to any
    text channels, or there are none in this server.

    in reply to: WE HAVE TO CHANGE CHAT ROOMS & WE NEED TO SIGN UP FOR IT #166192
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I can’t get in

    in reply to: chat link for the Giants game + (eventually) inactives list #166191
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Can they even compete without Bill Murray?

    w
    v

    They still have Dan Aykroyd.

    Okay. But…

    in reply to: setting up the Giants game #166169
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Giants.future@future_giants
    6 rookies will start on MNF for NYG:

    Arvell Reese
    Francis Mauigoa
    Colton Hood
    Malachi Fields
    Dominic Zvada
    Ben Mann

    ***

    Enh. The last 2 are special teamers. Reese is a linebacker, Mauigoa is a guard, Hood is a CB, and Fields is a WR.

    IOW, the Giants have about as much of a chance as marshmallow in global armegeddon.

    in reply to: setting up the Giants game #166167
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Nick Wagoner@nwagoner
    The two big questions for #49ers coming out of this one:

    – How is the health situation at WR? Injuries to DeMarcus Robinson and Mike Evans add to growing list there, though Robinson appears more worrisome.

    – Are run defense solutions in house? It hasn’t bitten them first two weeks because they’ve built big leads but that won’t always be the case.

    I’d like to go on record here as saying “Fuck the 49ers. I do not care what makes them destruct, as long as they destruct.”

    in reply to: other games, week 2 #166166
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I guess I didn’t fully appreciate just how bad Atlanta is this year.

    I think that Atlanta has not taken a single snap inside the red zone this year, but I don’t know how to confirm that. But yeah… they are bad.

    in reply to: setting up the Giants game #166152
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I expect we will be seeing a lot of 13.

    I see. So you think Stetson Bennett will start.

    w
    v

    I guess I was getting too technical for amateur west virginian football fans.

    All true Rams fans know I was anticipating a lot of Kurt Warner’s analysis of the game.

    in reply to: setting up the Giants game #166144
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Jeezus. Puka is hurt and Whittington is hurt ?

    Who do they turn to? CJ? Tutu? Ferguson?

    I dont like this season.

    w
    v

    I have not enjoyed any of it so far. I hope that changes Monday night.

    I expect we will be seeing a lot of 13.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 8,261 total)