Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
wvParticipantThat’s the key. We’re not in court. There’s no evidence available for us to evaluate. No burden of proof has to be met. All we have is the word of a woman who is risking a lot by coming forward vs the word of a man who has a history of inappropriate touching and general creepiness. She may be lying or he may be lying. No way to know for sure. It sucks that it’s this way, but I’m not just going to dismiss it because there’s no way to know conclusively. The crime is too heinous for that. I’m going with my gut. I believe her.
For what it’s worth, the FBI says less than 8% of sexual assault claims are fraudulent.
And I’m still voting for Biden.
======================
I think Imperialist Rapists are going to get about 98 percent of the Vote.
w
v
wvParticipantJoe Biden a rapist ? Right. I’m sure Sanders has so little class he would support a rapist. Elizabeth Warren ? Oh, she doesn’t care either -she too would support a rapist. And all the rest of those candidates who support Biden. Obama, Harris, Yang, Buttigieg, Klobuchar. Clearly, they all have no morals since they are supporting a rapist. Then again maybe they too are all sexual predators so it doesn’t bother them in the least. Then again maybe they don’t even know about this “allegation”, huh ?
I believe it is this precise reason why so many undecided people turned away from Sanders-not so much because of Bernie’s policies but because of the vitriol spread by his supporters-which sadly taints a good man. A true progressive to me has always been a champion of the rights of an individual. Calling a person a rapist based on a “claim” only without knowing the claimant and or anything about that person other than they work for someone who you share political common ground with is more than simply distasteful. And I strongly suspect that if the tables were reversed with Sanders being the accused there would be no such fervor.
Most moderate democrats I know harbor no ill will toward Sanders, Stein, Warren, or for that matter any other progressives. Based on the language from progressives -I do know a few-plus media accounts, I can’t say the same in terms of how they relate to “other” democrats. The rapist claim is simply one example. It smacks of Willie Horton all over again. Maybe the far left and far right do share something.
====
Sexual assault allegations are a nightmare. We dont know. He might be a rapist, She might be a liar. Its a nightmare.
How would you suggest voters and the media handle it?
We know how a court of law would handle it, but we are not in a court of law. So, people arent limited by legal standards. I have no problem with people believing her. Or him. Or believing they dont know. We’re not in court.
w
v
wvParticipant“…Stu Jackson@StuJRams
Rams QB Jared Goff said it was tough to see RB Todd Gurley and WR Brandin Cooks depart, but understands it’s part of business.
Moving forward, he says Josh Reynolds has shown the ability to fill Cooks’ role: “I feel so comfortable with Josh. I’m excited to see him grow.”…
—————–Enh. I dont think josh Reynolds is more than a C+ player.
Thats ok, if ya wanna go 9-7.
w
v
wvParticipantTo vote for the lesser-evil, or Not.
It’s interesting that in the progressive mindset-if your not a progressive you must be “evil”.
=================
Yeah, absolutely, I think Biden is ‘evil’. I think he’s aided and abetted mass-murder. He’s the poster-boy for Imperialism, the CIA and Empire.
Imperialism is kindof a neutral sounding word. But what it really means is mass-murder.I could go on and on about Biden, but mass-murder is enough for a post on a message-board.
Anyway, yes, we see it THAT differently. Its THAT big a difference in our perspectives. Its fundamental.
I’m not ’emotional’ about this anymore, btw. I know you will always see it differently. I’m just glad you have begun to see the fundamental difference between a leftist and a liberal/centrist.
And yes, i still think of you as an internet-friend.
I posted a message asking you a question about the National Lawyers Guild a few minutes ago, but it got devoured by the board Vortex. Maybe it’ll show up down the road.
w
v
wvParticipantThe allegation against Biden is testing some of the liberal-me-too folks:
April 15, 2020 at 11:24 am in reply to: (on the virus): Here’s how we got here (w/ Washington Post analysis) #113672
wvParticipantI agree about the fan viruses. Can be benign or highly dangerous. The Rams virus, for instance, doesn’t cause too much misery, unless it mutates into its Warner/Bulger form, in which case patients end up throwing various virtual and inanimate objects at each other…
==============
Ahh. I see you call it the Warner/Bulger Virus. Only an Evil Warnerite would call it the Warner/Bulger virus. The fact is it was the Bulger/Warner Virus.
w
v
wvParticipantWell its an old, old, question for Leftists. The far-left has wrestled with this election after election after election for over a hundred years.
To vote for the lesser-evil, or Not.
Repeat of 2016.
w
vApril 15, 2020 at 8:38 am in reply to: (on the virus): Here’s how we got here (w/ Washington Post analysis) #113657
wvParticipantSpeaking of immunity, coronaviruses were first discovered in the 1960’s but have been associated with people for thousands of years. There are deadly ones – MERS, SARS, SARS-CoV-2, but most are relatively harmless and cause nothing more serious than the common cold.
However, many of the strains of “harmless” coronaviruses could have been as deadly or deadlier than the virus that’s causing today’s pandemic. They may have decimated ancient populations. They seem harmless to us only because we are the descendants of the survivors that were immune to those viruses when they first came in contact with humans thousands of years ago.
========================
I have a theory, myself. I think a Virus wiped out the Dinosaurs. It was a meteor-virus. A big meteor landed and there was an alien corona-virus on it.
And that was that.w
v
wvParticipantI read Dune for the first time a summer or two ago and liked it. Never read the sequels because I heard they weren’t good. I was glad to see a new movie was coming out. I never saw the first movie with Kyle and Sting, and heard that I wouldn’t understand it anyway since I’d never read the book.
I think the movie has made the still suits a little…slight. At least in my head, the still suit was more of a mask/helmet thing. Not good for acting, however.
======
I always liked the sandworm-riding-thugz.
April 14, 2020 at 6:52 pm in reply to: (on the virus): Here’s how we got here (w/ Washington Post analysis) #113645
wvParticipantAt about the four minute mark, he alludes to somethin i never thot about: When the Europeans came to America the viruses they brought kilt 90 percent of the Native Americans — but why wasnt it the other way around? Why didnt Native diseases kill the Europeans?
There actually is an answer to that.
The greatest concentration of domesticable wildlife in the world was originally in the Fertile Crescent. Whoever first domesticated those animals also caught diseases from them. That means that that population, over time, essentially consisted of the descendents of the survivors of those diseases. Over even more time that means that wherever those descendents–the original Eurasians–went, they brought those diseases with them as immune carriers. So when Europeans came to the western hemisphere, they were the descendents of the original domesticators, and the new world populations they encountered were entirely vulnerable to them.
There is only one domesticable animal native to the entire western hemisphere–the llama.
It’s not just the natives in north america that were wiped out. That was equally true in central and south america.
BTW taming and domestication are of course entirely different things. Just to get that in.
====
Well, the Doctor in the Vid answers the question too. I’m not sure if his answer is the same as the one you just laid out, or if its different. He didnt say anything about Fertile Crescents.
Anyway, my favorite part of this Vid (and its awfully good, imho) starts around the 36 minute mark. Just watch about five minutes starting from the 36 min mark. I love the part where he quotes the the CEO from Big-Poultry.
w
v
wvParticipantI dunno. The uniforms look like cheesy plastic to me. They always do. Gazillion-dollar movies, and the uniforms always look like plastic to me. Star Wars is unwatchable for me, because of the cheesy plastic uni’s.
I hope, at least, the logo is good.
w
vApril 14, 2020 at 9:43 am in reply to: (on the virus): Here’s how we got here (w/ Washington Post analysis) #113621
wvParticipantThis is a decade old, but I thought it was interesting. Domesticating animals leads to many viruses infecting humans, i guess.
At about the four minute mark, he alludes to somethin i never thot about: When the Europeans came to America the viruses they brought kilt 90 percent of the Native Americans — but why wasnt it the other way around? Why didnt Native diseases kill the Europeans?
wvParticipant
wvParticipantIts being used in two London hospitals now, fwiw.
“..Hydroxychloroquine is being used at Barts in London and the Royal Devon and Exeter to keep critically ill coronavirus patients alive.
President Trump described the drug as a ‘game changer’ and it has been added to the Chinese guidance for tackling the disease, but up until now the NHS has strongly discouraged its use….”
wvParticipant31st NHS worker has died from the virus.
A 31st NHS Worker has now died from Coronavirus.
Rest in peace Nurse Elsie Sazuze who passed away 2 days ago. Elsie grew up in Malawi. Her husband says she understood the risks involved but wanted to do her bit to keep me & you safe. These people are the very best of us. pic.twitter.com/JkqdvLgmB2
— Tory Fibs (@ToryFibs) April 11, 2020
wvParticipantCapitalism takes a selfie
wvParticipantBiden has the support of all the Rich folks, the Corporations, Big Pharma, the CIA, the MSM, Goldman Sachs…
You missed a few: He also has the support of the poor, the disenfranchised, the minorities, those in fear of what 4 more years of Trump will do to their health care, the federal courts, the electoral process, those in favor of pro-choice, those alarmed at the increased deficits, the privatization of our educational system, the separation of church and state, gun control, and-oh yes-now the economy.
================
Granted. Thats true.
I wish they knew better. They had a much better choice 🙂
w
vI suppose we differ on how to interpret “better”. If you mean electable then -even I as a centrist-would vote and support Sanders if I believed he had a better chance of beating Trump than Biden. That’s how dangerous I believe Trump is. But for three reasons I don’t think that’s the case:
1) As proven in the primaries young people supporting Sanders simply won’t show up on election day-with the possible exception of California but there Sanders had broad support. Unfortunately we are just one body of electoral votes.
2) For whatever reason he will not bring out the African American vote whose power was displayed in the Obama elections.
3) The remaining voters-assuming Sanders was the nominee-will be told by Trump that he is a socialist and the government will run their health care, etc. That wouldn’t bother the young voter but he or she won’t be there and same with the African American voters who won’t be there either.
=======================
Will enough progressives vote for Mr-Corporatist-Biden?
I dunno. Read the comments here:
This is a bigger deal than you might think.
NEWS: Mike Bloomberg’s firm that ran his presidential campaign is bidding to take over Joe Biden’s https://t.co/SpzNX4jcQd by @ryangrim
— Ryan Grim (@ryangrim) April 10, 2020
wvParticipantWell, they built a team that went to the Super Bowl. It kinda seemed like they were throwing everything they had at that little window.
I really have no problem with the decisions they made, then or now.
But I’d say the reality is they are no longer a championship-level team.
They seem like a middle-of-the-pack Wildcard level team to me.I can live with that for another year.
w
v
wvParticipantNathan Robinson
===
wvParticipantMy name is TSRF, and I am a Violet murderer.
================
Well at least plant an Oak Tree.
This is the guy, that started a whole entire movement. He’s a legend
in the “dont-murder-the-violets field.”
wvParticipant==
Noam on Al Jazeera:https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/noam-chomsky-coronavirus-pandemic-prevented-200403113823259.html?fbclid=IwAR0zYVNIvnX8OIexerp1sMLGw_POSS7E6KXgabKf5nyRLgmPSNUcGgznJgQ“The coronavirus crisis could have been prevented because there was enough information available to the world, according to Noam Chomsky…
……
….Describing the US president as a “sociopathic buffoon“, Chomsky said while the coronavirus was serious, “it’s worth recalling that there is a much greater horror approaching. We are racing to the edge of disaster, far worse than anything that’s happened in human history.“Donald Trump and his minions are in the lead in racing to the abyss. In fact there are two immense threats that we’re facing – one is the growing threat of nuclear war … and the other of course is the growing threat of global warming.”
While the coronavirus can have “terrifying consequences, there will be recovery”, said Chomsky, but regarding the other threats, “there won’t be recovery, it’s finished”.
He also blasted Trump for continuing punishing sanctions on Iran, a country which is struggling to contain the virus with more than 3,000 deaths, as a way to make people suffer bitterly.
“When the US imposes devastating sanctions – it’s the only country that can do that, everyone has to follow … the master. Or else they are kicked out the financial system,” said Chomsky….”
wvParticipantBiden has the support of all the Rich folks, the Corporations, Big Pharma, the CIA, the MSM, Goldman Sachs…
You missed a few: He also has the support of the poor, the disenfranchised, the minorities, those in fear of what 4 more years of Trump will do to their health care, the federal courts, the electoral process, those in favor of pro-choice, those alarmed at the increased deficits, the privatization of our educational system, the separation of church and state, gun control, and-oh yes-now the economy.
================
Granted. Thats true.
I wish they knew better. They had a much better choice 🙂
w
v
wvParticipant
wvParticipant
wvParticipantThe DNC lovefest for Bernie will begin now. First they cheat him, then they smear him, now they will act like Bernie and the Progressives are the most wonderful people on earth.
I believe it was Dorothy Day, who called it a “dirty rotten system.”
w
v
wvParticipantkrystal-ball:https://twitter.com/krystalball
Choose your quarantine house:
https://twitter.com/StankAttitude/status/1247259241494253576/photo/1
wvParticipantStyle over Substance.
wvParticipantNYtimes:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html
Trump’s Aggressive Advocacy of Malaria Drug for Treating Coronavirus Divides Medical CommunityWhile Dr. Anthony Fauci has urged caution in using hydroxychloroquine, some doctors are prescribing it to patients who have the virus despite the fact it has never been tested for it.
WASHINGTON — President Trump made a rare appearance in the Situation Room on Sunday as his pandemic task force was meeting, determined to talk about the anti-malaria medicine that he has aggressively promoted lately as a treatment for the coronavirus.
Once again, according to a person briefed on the session, the experts warned against overselling a drug yet to be proved a safe remedy, particularly for heart patients. “Yes, the heart stuff,” Mr. Trump acknowledged. Then he headed out to the cameras to promote it anyway. “So what do I know?” he conceded to reporters at his daily briefing. “I’m not a doctor. But I have common sense.”
Day after day, the salesman turned president has encouraged coronavirus patients to try hydroxychloroquine with all of the enthusiasm of a real estate developer. The passing reference he makes to the possible dangers is usually overwhelmed by the full-throated endorsement. “What do you have to lose?” he asked five times on Sunday.
Bolstered by his trade adviser, a television doctor, Larry Ellison of Oracle and Rudolph W. Giuliani, a former New York mayor, Mr. Trump has seized on the drug as a miracle cure for the virus that has killed thousands and paralyzed American life. Along the way, he has prompted an international debate about a drug that many doctors in New York and elsewhere have been trying in desperation even without conclusive scientific studies.
Mr. Trump may ultimately be right, and physicians report anecdotal evidence that has provided hope. But it remains far from certain, and the president’s assertiveness in pressing the case over the advice of advisers like Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease specialist, has driven a wedge inside his coronavirus task force and has raised questions about his motives.
If hydroxychloroquine becomes an accepted treatment, several pharmaceutical companies stand to profit, including shareholders and senior executives with connections to the president. Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine.
“I certainly understand why the president is pushing it,” said Dr. Joshua Rosenberg, a critical care at Brooklyn Hospital Center. “He’s the president of the United States. He has to project hope. And when you are in a situation without hope, things go very badly. So I’m not faulting him for pushing it even if there isn’t a lot of science behind it, because it is, at this point, the best, most available option for use.”
A senior physician at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center in Brooklyn, where doctors are not providing the drug, however, said the current demand was worrisome for patients on it chronically for rheumatic diseases. At St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx, another doctor said his staff was giving it to coronavirus patients but criticized the president and Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo for “cheerleading” the drug without proof. “False hope can be bad, too,” he said.
The professional organization that published a positive French study cited by Mr. Trump’s allies changed its mind in recent days. The International Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy said, “The article does not meet the society’s expected standard.” Some hospitals in Sweden stopped providing hydroxychloroquine to treat the coronavirus after reports of adverse side effects, according to Swedish news media.
But Mr. Cuomo told reporters on Monday that he would ask Mr. Trump to increase the federal supply of hydroxychloroquine to New York pharmacies, allowing the state to lift a limit on purchases. “There has been anecdotal evidence that it is promising,” Mr. Cuomo said, while noting the lack of a formal study….see link
wvParticipant“we dont really understand seasonality”
wvParticipantI’ll vote green just like I did it 2016 because I like the perspective & sentiments from the Revolution Now post…
…
In one of the recent MSNBC interviews, where The Hill or TYT were left incredulous by Biden’s old-age moments, Biden was fine for 90% of the interview. He does look bad at times, but some of the lefty critics are focusing on his bad highlights.
…=====================
Yeah, I think thats true.
I’ll vote Green too, but I totally understand any decision to vote for Biden, just because he wont be quite as bad as Trump. Critical-Thinkers can make a case for either position, imho.
I’m reading an auto-bio by an American Communist named Dorothy Healey. She talked about this same dynamic back in the 30s all through the 60’s and after. The problem on the Left — to vote for the ‘lesser evil’ or the candidate who actually is closer to your position. Its an age-old problem. Its torn many-a-leftist–organization apart over the years.
Back to Biden — I think his senility may actually gain him votes. As ive said before, older folks may find it downright endearing.
I dont think all that many voters vote on POLICY anymore. But what do i know.
w
v -
AuthorPosts

