Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 4,981 through 5,010 (of 8,274 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I either forgot, or never knew, that Fisher tried to hire Kyle Shanahan as OC.

    That would have changed the course of history.

    in reply to: articles on Goff, including Manning & Silver on JG #97439
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I agree on the crowd noise. I’ve always thought that way, too. It really is like a 12th man advantage, and so I don’t like it, either.

    I didn’t attribute that botched snap to crowd noise, but Manning is probably right.

    There weren’t any false starts, though, were there? That’s very impressive.

    in reply to: your superbowl thotz & predikkshuns #97438
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    watched superbowl opening night.

    there’s noticeably waaaaaaaay more pats fans there than rams fans.

    hope it’s not like this during the actual game.

    They survived New Orleans. There has never been a Super Bowl climate anything like that.

    in reply to: Rams v Pats: Media Predictions & Analysis #97429
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I just hope the Refs dont leave this game in the hands of the players.

    w
    v

    {Emoji that expresses a high level of merriment}

    in reply to: tweets … 1/27 & 1/28 #97427
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Andrew Siciliano@AndrewSiciliano
    Teams that return to the Super Bowl after losing in the Super Bowl the previous year have lost five straight Super Bowls.

    Does that make sense?

    This is certainly the key statistic that will determine the outcome of this year’s super bowl.

    I think what the scoreboard shows will be secondary to this.

    in reply to: Rams v Pats: Media Predictions & Analysis #97421
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    It is kind of a sad commentary on our times that tickets to the game are going for only $3,500. It’s like there aren’t any true fans out there anymore, the kind who would sell their daughters into slavery for a chance to see their team play in the Super Bowl.

    People just take these things for granted nowadays, without a single thought of the great men and women who died fighting for our freedom to spend thousands of dollars on a fucking football game.

    in reply to: the non-call issue continues & has earned another thread #97420
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    The perception among most fans has always been that the refs aren’t very good. I never agreed with that assessment but I would like to see replay applied to penalties. The important thing is getting the call right, no matter how that happens.

    JEEE ZUSSS CHRIST!

    Why don’t you just come out and SAY you hate the Rams? OMG, this has just been going on too long with you.

    in reply to: the non-call issue continues & has earned another thread #97390
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Concern around NFL that 4 officials in NFC Championship Game live in Southern California

    ADAM SCHEFTER
    ESPN Senior Writer
    4:24 PM ET6 Minute Read
    [/quote]

    in reply to: your superbowl thotz & predikkshuns #97304
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I think the Rams are good. I think the Patriots are good.

    My main concern is the decided advantage the Patriots have in experience. This is B&B’s 9th Super Bowl. Ninth. And, yeah, they haven’t gone undefeated like the Noll/Bradshaw Steelers or the Walsh/Montana/Young 49ers, but NINE Super Bowls. I really can’t come up with an argument against the proposition that the Patriots are the greatest dynasty in NFL history, and the greatest dynasty of the modern sports era.

    They are old hands at the bright lights, and it’s all about the game to them.

    The Rams, meanwhile, have never experienced this media onslaught with a handful of exceptions. I think 5 guys, and I don’t know who they are. Phillips, presumably, is one. But Sean McVay better have a way to focus these guys on the Patriots rather than the cameras and Twitter and swarms of celebrities from far and wide.

    And the enormous pressure.

    I just have a concern about the First Quarter Yips. The Rams had the Yips last year against the Falcons, and never recovered. The Patriots are not going to have the Yips. And I don’t think the Rams can afford to make a couple of mistakes before settling down, especially because a couple of mistakes could very well tighten them up.

    I think we will see in the first quarter whether or not the Rams will be there at the end.

    in reply to: was it tipped or not tipped??? #97302
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    If we go back and fix all the missed calls on the play, it is off setting penalties, replay the down.

    yeah, donald does get fouled.

    it’d have to be replayed.

    and payton needs five fingers across the face.

    No, replay doesn’t work like that. The challenge is for a specific thing. New things can’t enter into it. So the challenge in this case would be whether or not there was PI on the play. They couldn’t identify the hands to the face on Peat or whoever was holding Brockers.

    They could, however, identify the tipped ball because that would directly relate to whether there was PI or not. Since the ball apparently was not tipped, a challenge would have resulted in PI. The other penalties are not subject to review.

    However…if a coach can challenge a Non-Call, then what would stop McVay from throwing a challenge on the hands to the face (which was more flagrant than the hold)?

    Now that I think about it, I would think that if the rule changes, it would be to challenge a penalty call, not a Non-Call. That would be problematic…since there is a penalty on almost every single play. Yeah…I bet if there is a rule change, it would be to allow a coach to challenge a Call. You can’t have them challenging Non-Calls. That would be a nightmare.

    So even if they change the rule, the rule change they adopt wouldn’t have helped the Saints anyway. That’s my guess.

    in reply to: was it tipped or not tipped??? #97294
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I couldn’t make it through that article.

    Way too much artificial sweetener. I’m interested in the topic, but when a coy appositive made me gag for the third time, I had to hit the back button. Just…yuck.

    in reply to: tweets & other bits … 1/23 #97224
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    LMU93

    a stat just mentioned on Boston sports radio

    No team has ever won the Super Bowl with a losing road record (regular season). Patriots are 4-5 in 2018.

    Just another anecdote.

    By the way, Rams are 7-2 this year on the road (and 15-3 overall away from the Coliseum under McVay).

    Actually, the Pats were 3-5 on the road in the regular season. That 4th road win is last week in KC.

    3-5. They truly suck as a franchise. Word here in California is that they robbed the Chiefs, and don’t deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

    in reply to: Rams vs. Saints Mic'd Up #97223
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    That is a good one.

    in reply to: the non-call issue continues & has earned another thread #97207
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    oh yeah. it’ll die down eventually.

    in this day of 24 hour news channels. online media, and social media outlets everything seems to get amplified more than it used to. but it’ll eventually settle down.

    Actually…it’s amping up. And it’s not just Saints fans.

    I don’t see that. I have listened to only a little radio since Monday, but the CBS and ESPN websites don’t have any follow-up stories (well…ESPN has one about the Saints GM, but it’s a “getting over it” story, not a “fan the flames” story).

    in reply to: the non-call issue continues & has earned another thread #97205
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Agreed, Zooey. The chosen angle makes it obvious. The other one makes it look bang bang. A ref looking at it from one angle could easily make the no-call. But not the other.

    I just re-watched it on my desktop computer where I have better control over Stop Go than I did on the Chromebook I used last night. From the live angle (which is a better angle than the angle they showed repeatedly on replay), R-C clearly hit him early, and by quite a bit. At full speed it looks bang-bang, but if you freeze it at contact, the ball is 4 feet from the receiver. So…yeah…I’m dropping the “it may not be as bad as they say” argument.

    I will never drop the “tough shit; that’s the breaks” argument. “You lost the game AFTER that play, anyway, by letting the Rams drive not once, but TWICE on your defense.”

    in reply to: the non-call issue continues & has earned another thread #97195
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    So…I say…let’em raise hell. They are entitled to raise hell.

    also. the more they raise hell the funnier it gets.

    I do think there is a tipping point. Seriously, most people don’t actually care. Eventually, the non-partisans are going to get sick of the story, and since most of them know what it feels like to have their team “robbed,” they are going to turn on people who won’t get over it, and move on. Is my guess.

    in reply to: the non-call issue continues & has earned another thread #97193
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    in reply to: A Goff comment #97191
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    He’s an odd one. I cant think of a QB to compare him with. I’m not gonna list his attributes and flaws cause we all know them by now, but…he’s an odd one.

    The important thing is, he has now answered the big question: Is he clutch in pressure-packed playoff situations? Yes. He is.

    Btw, wv-mom watched the game and her comment about Goff was: “Did you notice how SKINNY the Rams QB is? He’s too skinny.”

    w
    v

    By “odd,” I assume you are referring to his uncanny accuracy combined with his canny inaccuracy. Or whatever.

    He isn’t exactly erratic. That isn’t the right word. He is just odd in the way he can flick a ball into a ridiculously tight moving window time and time again, and then miss a target by 10 yards. That, I assume, will go away over time.

    Dude is 24.

    The youngest starting QB in Super Bowl history. And the Rams are going to have him for a long, long time. How cool is this?

    in reply to: the non-call issue continues & has earned another thread #97190
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    From Whitworth’s Twitter feed.

    in reply to: the non-call issue continues & has earned another thread #97180
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    in reply to: the non-call issue continues & has earned another thread #97171
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I suspect that their emotional level is higher partly because of their brutal loss to the Vikings last year. Two terrible losses in the row.

    I also think…and I haven’t seen anyone comment on this, so maybe it’s just me…but when I saw the play live, it didn’t look terrible. The replay they kept running was from behind the play, and depth perception is skewed from that angle. From that angle it looks awful. I rewatched the game last night, and…again…it looked more bang-bang than the replays. I would like to see it from some other angle, but apparently there isn’t one.

    Anyway. The clear response for the Rams is to blow out the Patriots.

    in reply to: Refs also missed several calls that really hurt Rams #97169
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    4 catches 36 yards— Mike Thomas

    9 carries 31 yards — mark Ingram

    8 carries 15 yards— Alvin Kamara

    The refs decided the game though.

    Oh I don’t think the refs decided the game. Far from it.

    What I do think is that for many, that argument doesn’t go anywhere. The “non-call” fills their mental horizon.

    And I’m saying those people don’t have a lot of mental horizon to fill.

    in reply to: Refs also missed several calls that really hurt Rams #97141
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    in reply to: Refs also missed several calls that really hurt Rams #97139
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I dunno.

    I don’t think many people care enough to cling to any narrative on the game one way or the other.

    Well around here it’s everywhere. It comes up constantly and is the single most dominant thing said about the Rams. My wife’s drive to work is about 45 minutes and basically that’s all that got said about the Rams on the radio. They’re not very good, the refs gave them the game. I’ve already experienced it a few times—a friend will say, but they stole the game on the non-call, and I’ll go bs the Saints had a chance after that to win and threw an INT, and what I get is laughter…as in, oh look, Rams fan, of course he’s going to say stuff like that. It’s not even derisive, it’s just hey you;re cute when you stick up for your team like that in the face of obvious truth.

    Okay.

    What you do is you get some 12″ Cable Zip Ties, and you zip a shopping cart to their car door handle.

    That way you get the last laugh.

    in reply to: Refs also missed several calls that really hurt Rams #97138
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    4 catches 36 yards— Mike Thomas

    9 carries 31 yards — mark Ingram

    8 carries 15 yards— Alvin Kamara

    The refs decided the game though.

    in reply to: Refs also missed several calls that really hurt Rams #97090
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I dunno.

    I don’t think many people care enough to cling to any narrative on the game one way or the other.

    Outside of Saints and Rams fans, that is.

    The rule re: challenging judgement calls may be changed as a result.

    But I don’t think most fans are going to remember or care in two weeks, let alone two years.

    in reply to: This is funny… #97089
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    That is funny.

    in reply to: Rich Eisen: Rams are a real good team #97088
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    “…a helluva football team going to Atlanta.”

    See…

    A lot of people see it.

    That was good. That was a guy who sees beyond the highlight reel. Rich Eisen sees it.

    And I still don’t care.

    Because I see it. And I think devout fans HERE see it. And I don’t care about anyone else. They can think whatever they want.

    I am looking forward to one helluva a Rams team going to Atlanta in two weeks.

    in reply to: reactions to the Saints game #97086
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I hate to be a wet towel on the Super Bowl excitement, but I did not enjoy that game at all.

    Okay, but…bear in mind…the Rams hung in there, on the road, in what is now perhaps the toughest stadium to play…against the season’s most balanced and most consistent team…and put themselves in a position to take advantage of opportunities to gut out a win.

    While holding Ingraham/Kamara to 50 yards rushing.

    Not all wins are pretty. But they are all wins.

Viewing 30 posts - 4,981 through 5,010 (of 8,274 total)