Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 24,361 through 24,390 (of 48,197 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: tweets + other things (w/ VB Q&A) … 10/21 thru 10/23 #107115
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Gary Klein@LATimesklein
    Aaron Donald does not remember specifics of incident but has seen video.”I’ve seen it everywhere… Just barking back and forth and one thing led to another and then he grabbed my facemask and I’m like, “All right.” I just wanted to get him off my facemask…It’s just football.”

    in reply to: tweets + other things (w/ VB Q&A) … 10/21 thru 10/23 #107103
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Peter Dunbar@PeterDunbar7
    This season, Troy Hill sold his #32 to Eric Weddle for $32,000 and his #20 to Jalen Ramsey for $20,000. Make hay while the sun is shinin’

    in reply to: tweets + other things (w/ VB Q&A) … 10/21 thru 10/23 #107097
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Cameron DaSilva@camdasilva
    It’s too early to definitively say David Edwards is an upgrade at LG, but if he plays well the rest of the way, he could help answer some of the Rams’ OL questions for 2020

    J.B. Long@JB_Long
    Very encouraging under-the-radar development: @SJD_51 has put together back-to-back terrific performances for #LARams. Further context: he’s done so, in part, against SF’s Laken Tomlinson and ATL’s Alex Mack, who are excellent centers.

    Cameron DaSilva@camdasilva
    Cowboys and Rams have had similar seasons so far

    – Start 3-0
    – Lose next 3, including one embarrassing loss
    – Win 37-10 in Week 7

    in reply to: (must read?) Ramsey removed handcuffs from Rams’ defense #107096
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    And Atlanta has a good OL. Their LOT for example is Jake Matthews, the guy everyone says the Rams should have taken instead of Robinson. That offense was 2nd in the league in passing before Sunday.

    ….

    =====================

    Well, they sure didnt look like a good OL. They looked awful.

    w
    v

    Spoken like a true agent of the SF 49ers.

    Your job, I gather, is to divide Rams fans.

    in reply to: tweets + other things (w/ VB Q&A) … 10/21 thru 10/23 #107095
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: signs, comics, memes, & other visual aids #107090
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: press critters on the FALCONS game #107089
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: (must read?) Ramsey removed handcuffs from Rams’ defense #107088
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    So what was Talib, chopped liver?

    I dunno. Ramsey was beat on that long pass that Julio dropped. I know Ramsey is great, but i think that game was more about Atlanta’s OLine.

    w
    v

    WV, Ramsey did all that after 2 practices. And beyond that, the effect is on the defensive playcalling as a whole. With a cover corner they can change how they call the entire defense. You have Weddle saying Ramsey changes how they play D.

    Talib was a man corner and so is Hill but the point is, replacing Peters with Ramsey. Hill or Talib plus Peters is a different defense than Hill or Talib plus Ramsey.

    And Atlanta has a good OL. Their LOT for example is Jake Matthews, the guy everyone says the Rams should have taken instead of Robinson. That offense was 2nd in the league in passing before Sunday.

    ….

    in reply to: tweets + other things (w/ VB Q&A) … 10/21 thru 10/23 #107086
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets + other things (w/ VB Q&A) … 10/21 thru 10/23 #107084
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Ross Tucker@RossTuckerNFL
    Have we ever gotten a good explanation why 5 yard penalties like illegal contact, holding, etc. are all automatic first downs?

    Geoff Schwartz@geoffschwartz
    This isn’t always the example … but if you hold a WR on 3rd n 9 and that WR would have been open for a longer gain, or a touchdown, and it’s only a 5 yard penalty… feels like we’d get a ton more holdings. Why not. Still 3rd down, get another chance for the defense

    Ross Tucker@RossTuckerNFL
    I guess.

    Same argument for spot DPI in NFL vs. 15 yards in college and you don’t really see more PI in college.

    I’d like to see it without it and see how it goes.

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    I’d say it depends on building a playoff caliber Offensive Line.

    Nothing is more ignored in the Football-sports-media than the OLine.
    w
    v

    I agree on both counts.

    …

    in reply to: tweets + other things (w/ VB Q&A) … 10/21 thru 10/23 #107076
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    LMU93

    On the deep ball down the left side it looked to like Everett either let up early or didn’t realize it was going that deep. Not sure. The other miss along the right side seemed like Goff was just a tad off Everett’s fingertips.

    ==

    NorCal RF

    Edwards played very well yesterday. I didn’t want to comment on his play until I went back and focused on him and he was good. Big and physical and provided something positive on most downs. Impressive for his first NFL start.

    ==

    Vincent Bonsignore@VinnyBonsignore
    ‘You felt Jalen Ramsey’s presence today. He’s a physical, complete player.’

    One game in and Jalen Ramsey has changed the dynamic of the #Rams defense.

    in reply to: tweets + other things (w/ VB Q&A) … 10/21 thru 10/23 #107074
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets + other things (w/ VB Q&A) … 10/21 thru 10/23 #107073
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Vincent Bonsignore@VinnyBonsignore
    Here is how #Rams QB Jared Goff explained his decision to spike the ball after running it in for a touchdown on Sunday against the #Falcons.

    “I don’t score often, running, so I wasn’t really quite sure what to do. I was going to throw it at the wall (behind the end zone) and then there was a bunch of people standing there and I said, ‘well, I can’t. I’m gonna kill somebody’ So like, in midair, I decided to spike it.”

    Scottish Ram@ScottishRam
    Been waiting for months for this weekend to arrive. Can’t wait until my flight to London on Saturday!

    ==

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27891507/rodgers-best-game-russ-pick-six-more-barnwell-weird-week-7

    Goff was certainly better after last Sunday’s disaster against the 49ers, going 22-of-37 for 268 yards with two touchdowns. Things were aided by a Falcons pass rush that failed to sack him and pressured him on just 10.8% of his dropbacks. It was Atlanta’s fourth consecutive game without a sack, which is only the sixth time a team has pulled that off since the sack became an official statistic. It has been more than a decade since the last instance.

    in reply to: tweets + other things (w/ VB Q&A) … 10/21 thru 10/23 #107072
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Lindsey Thiry@LindseyThiry
    Rams CB Jalen Ramsey played 65 percent (36) of the defensive snaps yesterday, five days after he was traded from Jacksonville.

    ==

    from: https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/21/nfl-rams-snap-counts-jalen-ramsey-defense/2/

    Sean McVay initially said Marqui Christian would replace John Johnson in the starting lineup if the safety missed extended time, but that wasn’t the approach on Sunday. Yes, Christian played a lot (80% of the snaps) and had a good game, but it was Taylor Rapp who saw his role grow more. He played nearly every snap, leading the defense at 98%. Christian played 80%, while Eric Weddle was out there for 84% of the plays – essentially every meaningful snap on defense.

    Part of the reason Rapp and Christian played so much is because of the Rams’ usage of three-safety sets. Troy Reeder only played 19 snaps on Sunday, because Wade Phillips opted to use Christian and Rapp in the box as hybrid linebackers often. It was a great game plan as the Falcons only had three points until the Rams’ backups came in, but it’ll be interesting to see if this trend continues next week.

    in reply to: Next years cap #107066
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    I know that Jalen Ramsey is OK for next year, but I do believe that he & Snead will get an extension worked out. But after Ramsey we have to worry about, do we have enough money to resign Dante Fowler, & Cory Littleton?

    I’m expecting Andrew Witworth, Austin Blythe, Michael Brockers, & Aquib Talib, to walk. Also, will we have enough there to sign some veteran OLinemen?

    Will the Rams let Legatron walk after this year? He is an Unrestricted Free Agent after this season, & may be looking for $4-5 Million.

    Well, just to comment on one thing…I think the odds are against them signing any veteran FAs, OL or otherwise.

    in reply to: reactions to the Falcons game #107063
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    tklongball

    Was at the game today.

    First time I have ever been to a game the Rams won. What a game. A few things that stood out watching it from the stands.

    First off, Fowler was a Monster. Really disruptive, almost had 4 sacks, had a huge tackle for a loss, and really took advantage, and made the Falcons pay for doubling Donald.

    Obo, while I don’t know if he got any stats, he flashed when he was on the field. Couple times, he got in the backfield quick, and had some nice PR Moves.

    Hill played a really good game.

    Ramsey for sure changes our defense exactly how I hoped he would. We played WAY MORE Man coverage today.

    D held the falcons to 3 points until the backups came in the last 5-6 Min. That is pretty impressive. The Atlanta Offense has been rolling all year.

    Aaron Donald is a beast. We all know that, but he just jumps out at you live. I watched the Chris long interview and was very impressed, especially where he was talking about when Seattle hit him out of bounds and he lost his temper. He said he had to be better than that in those situations. Today he was. He just picked Freeman up. Never swung, didn’t get kicked out. But again, he is something. He grabs my attention like Lawrence Taylor used to. Guys like that change how you watch the game.

    Edwards looked good. He started off really strong. Missed some assignments in the 2nd half, but overall, I was very impressed for a Rookie in his first start. Hope he keeps trending up.

    Henderson had some nice runs.

    It looked like they were making a big effort to make Everett a big part of the game plan. Goff was really close to hooking up with him a bunch of times, and if they get that down, this offense will be much tougher to defend.

    Woods is such a team guy, and exactly what you want in a receiver. He never takes a play off, and is such a great blocker.

    Christian looked like he had a pretty good game.

    Ramsey seems to already fit in with the players and coaches.

    Blythe seemed like he had another tough day. I will have to watch the game on TV, but several times his guy hit our RBs in the backfield.

    Hav seemed to have a better game, but I am not sure if that is just because he wasn’t facing a speed rusher.

    Gurley’s catch in the corner of the endzone was beautiful. What a great catch, especially for a Running Back.

    Goff broke #45’s ankle on his touchdown run. He had some shake today. LOL

    Littleton’s Int was sweet, just a great, quick reaction. That boy can play.

    I have never been to a game with a fake punt. That was really cool.

    Jojo was really close to breaking that punt return for a TD at the end of the half. But a really fun, exciting return. However, his first punt return scared the crap out of me. What was he thinking?

    The Punt/Fumble/Touchdown was awesome. That returner got lit up by 3 or 4 guys before he finally fumbled. I couldn’t tell who recovered it, but it looked like it was Darious Williams.

    I kept seeing Rapp all over the field. Box Score says he had 5 Tackles, but it seemed like more.

    If this is what the Pass D looks like now, imagine with John Johnson back.

    Run blocking on the right side of the O-Line has to get better.

    Overall, what a game. Man that stadium was empty by the middle of the 3rd Qtr.

    After the game was over, some guy in Rams jersey comes running out of the restroom yelling “Whose House? RAMS HOUSE” swinging his arms around like a complete lunatick. My wife and I were cracking up. It didn’t seem to make any of the Falcon’s fans laugh.

    That was the first time I have been to the stadium. It is nice. I don’t think it will hold a candle to Stan’s little project in LA, but it is a really nice stadium.

    in reply to: NFC West #107061
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    When’s the last time we could say the NFC West is the best Division in the NFL ?

    6-0
    5-2
    4-3
    3-3=1

    w
    v

    Interesting times.

    Maybe one day the West takes both wildcard spots.

    …

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

Viewing 30 posts - 24,361 through 24,390 (of 48,197 total)