Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
znModeratorGreenline gives the Rams a 62.5% win probability as 3.5-point road favorites in Pittsburgh. The Steelers have just the 29th-ranked offensive unit, but both defenses in this matchup rank in the top fourth of the NFL.
znModeratorRampager66
McVay is 10-0 against the AFC. He is also 17-4, including playoffs, on the road, as the Rams HC.
==
NFL Week 10 picks: Who the experts are taking in Rams-Steelers
The oddsmakers view Los Angeles as the favorites in this one, and so do the majority of experts. According to NFL Pick Watch https://nflpickwatch.com/ 81% of experts are taking the Rams to win straight-up on Sunday afternoon at Heinz Field.
==
Kurt Warner@kurt13warner
As I watch tape I see some QBs do SO much @ LOS (line of scrimmage) – some1 who is knowledgeable on subject, please tell me what all could be possibly happening on a given play? Recall prot? Alerting to another play? Just seems to be too much – create good plays & just play ball!
znModeratorI would love to dive into this but that would take time I don’t have right now. So I look forward to this thread developing and me finding time to toss in a coupla pennies of my own.
znModeratorHere’s another one: AW with JB Long, podcast (put up by Ag, it’s in this thread): http://theramshuddle.com/topic/rams-revealed-ep-15-16-podcasts/#post-107777
It’s no surprise that a Rams lineman would come up with a rosy picture of the Rams OL growth.
But I happen to think that what he says makes sense. The issue with the OL this year was continuity, coherence, and playing together. The problem with that is, it is impossible for individual linemen to look good when the OL as a whole isn’t cohering. So a lot of people I read around the net blame individual players. I believe AW–I think it’s the group, and the process of growing together.
znModeratorSince Week 3, the Steelers have been one of the best defenses in football. pic.twitter.com/xUWb0n5wUh
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) November 9, 2019
znModeratorRams Week 10 preview: 5 questions with Steelers Wire https://t.co/H7N8M7wFXi via @theramswire
— RamsNewsNow (@RamsNewsNow) November 9, 2019
znModeratorRamsNewsNow@RamsNewsNow
Rams injury report: Cooks returns to practice, Matthews cleared for Sunday. The Rams are in pretty good shape entering Week 10 against the Steelers.==
from https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/09/rams-steelers-week-10-preview-questions/
We talked to Steelers Wire editor Curt Popejoy to find out how Pittsburgh has played lately and what this game will look like without Conner in the mix.
The absence of James Conner is brutal. I’m honestly not sure how the Steelers will run the football. I have a hard time seeing the Steelers keeping up with the Rams offense. Handing the keys over to Mason Rudolph isn’t encouraging. Yes, Jaylen Samuels can play, but the Steelers won’t have enough offense to keep pace unless the defense generates some points. Rams 28, Steelers 17
znModeratorThanks for that addition, JM.
And here’s more as it piles up:
Cruz: Goff and Kupp will lead Rams to a win over the Steelers https://t.co/rBYLMvliqi
— RamsNewsNow (@RamsNewsNow) November 9, 2019
znModerator
znModeratorMatthew Stafford has been high-level this season, especially off of play action 🎯 pic.twitter.com/JBedplayqj
— PFF (@PFF) November 9, 2019
znModeratorVincent Bonsignore@VinnyBonsignore
Some career news: Sunday’s #Rams #Steelers game will be my last as the Rams beat writer for
@TheAthleticLAIt’s been a blast and an honor and the time of my life covering the Rams the last four years, and really going all the way back to the #NFL back to L.A. rollercoaster ride that so many of you rode with me. It’s been a humdinger, that’s for sure.
I’m ecstatic and humbled to announce I’ve accepted the position of the #Raiders lead beat writer for The Las Vegas Review Journal (@reviewjournal)
I will be jumping on board the #Raiders train beginning November 18, and based on the last few weeks it figures to be an eventful ride the rest of the way. I can’t wait to begin telling that story, in a thorough and fair and entertaining way. It’s going to be a blast.
I’ll also be keeping a keen eye on the #Rams the rest of the way too, so be prepared for some news and observations on them.
.
znModeratorJalen Ramsey 'not really worried about' covering JuJu Smith-Schusterhttps://t.co/G05O1gxMoe pic.twitter.com/15PteU5Euy
— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) November 8, 2019
znModeratorScout's Notebook: How Steelers unlocked potential of formerly misused stud Minkah Fitzpatrick (via @BuckyBrooks)https://t.co/UDtEFAXheU pic.twitter.com/iIsRWnGmWZ
— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) November 8, 2019
znModerator.@jalenramsey’s ability to lockdown a team’s top receiver gives the @RamsNFL defense more opportunities to get to the QB! @LindseyThiry | #LARams @MattBowen41 | @gregcosell pic.twitter.com/HpZbeA0s87
— NFL Matchup on ESPN (@NFLMatchup) November 8, 2019
znModeratorField Yates@FieldYates
The Rams have had at least 3 WRs on the field for a league-high 94.6% of passing plays since the start of 2018. Josh Reynolds should be busy on Sunday.==
Trent Williams says 'the bridge has definitely been burned' between him and Washington
The situation between the Washington Redskins and left tackle Trent Williams has now reached a point of no return.
The team placed the 31-year-old Pro Bowl talent on the Non-Football Illness list on Thursday, marking the end of his season and making it so that they don’t have to pay him the roughly $6 million left on his contract. It might have been the nail in the coffin for Williams in Washington.Andrew Brandt@AndrewBrandt
The Jets’ treatment of Kelechi Osemele – releasing him after shoulder surgery – seemed lacking in any sense of empathy for the player’s medical plight.
Redskins: “Hold my beer.”
znModeratorUnique situation in Pittsburgh. #Steelers practicing in front of a building named for one of this week’s opponents. We’ll have a report coming up @nflnetwork on #NFLNow pic.twitter.com/x34YkZej2W
— Omar Ruiz (@OmarDRuiz) November 8, 2019
znModeratorMinkah Fitzpatrick has been a ball hawk for Pittsburgh! pic.twitter.com/tqC3UcM20m
— PFF (@PFF) November 8, 2019
znModeratorLindsey Thiry@LindseyThiry
Rams WR Brandin Cooks was at practice today. Sean McVay said that he was instructed to keep his normal routine and remain active, but they’re looking for him to “avoid some of those collision-type things.”
znModeratorAaron Donald will play Sunday in Pittsburgh for the first time in his six NFL seasons. Mike Tomlin and Steelers players expect for him to be embraced by the city. https://t.co/jMBBb1ByPQ
— Lindsey Thiry (@LindseyThiry) November 8, 2019
znModeratorGettin’ ready. 😈@AaronDonald97 | #LARams pic.twitter.com/LKTuPiXbOU
— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) November 8, 2019
znModeratorJ.B. Long@JB_Long
As they prepare to host the #LARams, the Steelers are without the top 3 members of their backfield (Conner, Snell, and Nix) as well as starting left guard Ramon Foster. JuJu Smith-Schuster also added today as questionable with a foot and limited participation.—
James Conner has been ruled OUT for the #Steelers vs the #LARams. Ramon Foster, Bennie Snell & Roosevelt Nix won’t play either. JuJu Smith-Schuster popped up on the injury report as questionable with a foot injury. Full list👇🏼 pic.twitter.com/UedalnrdSO
— Omar Ruiz (@OmarDRuiz) November 8, 2019
znModeratorI hope this simple cut and paste work works.
First, thanks for that. It’s funny.
In terms of posting tweets, you have it right. All you have to do is paste the url into the post box. It comes up automatically, just like with youtube. No need to add a url for display, like you did. Again, it’s the same as youtube.
For those who don’t know what I mean, here’s the same thing, first with the “code” version (so you see what you’re posting when you bring a tweet here), then with the actual version:
https://twitter.com/tomtomorrow/status/1192813366592593925fan mail from some flounder pic.twitter.com/Zu16xpFLPF
— Just Plain Tom Tomorrow (@tomtomorrow) November 8, 2019
znModeratorRamPower
A win over the Steelers would be a quality win. They lost to the hags, whiners and ravens by a combined 9 points. Eye test as well, I thought they looked good defensively vs. the colts. Rams favored by 3 seems fair. I don’t think too many teams would be favored by much more than that at their place this weekend..
Our win resume are wins over 0-8 Bengals, 2-6 Browns, 1-7 Falcons, and Panthers and Saints with hurt QB’s.
Again, (common opponents) we lost to SEA by 1 and SF by 13. Steelers lost by 2 to SEA and 4 to SF. They lost to the Ravens by 3. They know they’ve played very close to some of the League’s top teams already. They are still eyeing the playoffs which is always dangerous in the NFL.
Steelers looked very physical upfront vs. the Colt O-line last week. Our O-line will have to do better. Regardless, I think it’s way more than a mediocre opponent. It’s a physical team on their home field battling for a playoff spot is how I see them.
Still, I don’t think they can score enough to stay up with us, even in a physical battle. Turnovers could play big (as always).
znModerator𝕋𝕠𝕞 – 𝕃𝔸 ℝ𝕒𝕞𝕤@TL_LARams
The Rams played Taylor Rapp almost like a second linebacker against the Bengals, which could continue now==
https://www.therams.com/news/rams-pro-football-focus-tidbits-week-10
The overall ranking for L.A.’s offense dropped one spot from 16th to 17th, but its run game remained in the top nine, sharing ninth with the Saints.
They’ll get a good test in Pittsburgh this week against the league’s second-highest graded defense in the Steelers.
==
Lindsey Thiry@LindseyThiry
Rams RB Todd Gurley is eager to play Sunday at Heinz Field for the first time. “I grew up a Ravens fan, so I never liked the Steelers. I’m looking forward to it, it’s like one of those places like Green Bay, Dallas, Chicago, Pittsburgh – those are like the main teams to start the NFL,” Gurley said. “I’m looking forward to going up there and playing against a hard-nosed defense. That’s always been their philosophy to be all about the ball and all about defense.”
znModeratorNobody grew up a Ravens fan. They haven’t been around long enough. That’s nonsense.
Isn’t it?
Gurley is 25, born in 94. Browns moved and became the Ravens in 1996. So if he got into pro football as young as 8, the Ravens would have existed for 6 years, and were already a superbowl winner.
znModeratorSurly Gurley was in fact not (too) surly today.
He did however look like he's majoring in comparative literature: pic.twitter.com/oZQrftkVTU
— TurfShowTimes (@TurfShowTimes) November 8, 2019
znModeratorSo many tremendous nuggets in this story. My favorite is that @AaronDonald97's mother — who drove a city bus in Pittsburgh for 16 years — celebrates a birthday on Sunday. And turned down a suite to sit outside, closer to the field.
How great is all that? https://t.co/FSSUApMZaY
— J.B. Long (@JB_Long) November 7, 2019
==
Pittsburgh born, Pittsburgh raised.
"That's where my family's at, that's where I was born and raised at, that's where I was molded at, and that's what made me who I am." – @AaronDonald97
— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) November 7, 2019
znModeratorVincent Bonsignore@VinnyBonsignore
#Rams injury news: Both Clay Matthews (jaw) and Malcolm Brown (ankle) were full go at practice today==
"I feel good. I feel like there shouldn't be that much of a drop-off once I come back, and hopefully my play on Sunday says so." – @ClayMatthews52
— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) November 7, 2019
znModeratorThey’re turning it into they went after Britt Kavanaugh why not Bill Clinton.
znModeratorWhy Brandin Cooks should be easier to replace than Cooper Kupp was last year https://t.co/sR9c7YJp5y via @theramswire
— RamsNewsNow (@RamsNewsNow) November 8, 2019
-
AuthorPosts

