Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
znModeratorfrom https://www.yahoo.com/sports/andrew-whitworth-still-lot-want-150453980.html
Whitworth is headed for free agency and said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that he’s learned over the years to prize being somewhere he can be “happy and enjoy playing.”
“Obviously my wish is to hopefully stay in Los Angeles and continue with the Rams,” Whitworth said. “I just think there’s a lot there I have left to do in leadership and play and everything else. If that works out, great. If there’s another opportunity somewhere else, I’ll be ready.”
znModeratorLos Holmes@CJHolmes96
What’s the most common thing that separates a College level and nfl level linemen, strength, technique or something else? Also what the most common flaw you feel most nfl linemen have or overlook?Mitchell Schwartz@MitchSchwartz71
Technique. It’s all about consistency and having good technique will lead to the most consistent play. Most college kids are comparable to NFL players in strength by the time they’re seniors.Ricky Ricky@rickvane1522
When you allow a big hit or sack on your QB, do you apologize to him when in the huddle?? Or just move on, next play???Mitchell Schwartz@MitchSchwartz71
Yea, usually apologize either then or on the sideline or even after the game. It’s a crappy feeling, takes a while to get over thoseNick@Nick15Ab
What (wrong) football take from fans do you hate the most? Something people form opinions on that simply isn’t true.Mitchell Schwartz@MitchSchwartz71
Holding calls. Like, if there were that many they’d be called. But they aren’t called so maybe they’re not holdings?One pet peeve of mine during broadcasts is when announcers refer to Shotgun runs as “Draws” when they’re almost always not a Draw
Glen Maratea@Maratea20G
Any pre-game rituals/superstitions?Mitchell Schwartz@MitchSchwartz71
Nah, not superstitious. I do visualize pregame which I’d guess people see and think I’m sleeping, but it helps settle the nerves and seems to work.Danny Atkins@DannyAtkins1
Okay, if you could choose any defensive lineman in history, who would you be most scared to block if any?Mitchell Schwartz@MitchSchwartz71
Reggie WhiteRyan Clausen@walrusbanjo
Is delivering a pancake block as fun as it looks?Mitchell Schwartz@MitchSchwartz71
Yes but it rarely happens (legitimately) in the NFL. Most guys trip over someone else and then you pancake them once they’re off balance. True pancakes are rare but those are incredible—
Mitchell Schwartz@MitchSchwartz71
Linemen are typically smart, responsible, and accountable. Traits that you need for OL play tend to carry over as traits for being a good spouse.
znModeratorFrederick Joseph@FredTJoseph
For those who need more context about how devastatingly racist #stopandfrisk was and why no Black or brown people should support Mike Bloomberg, I’ll tell a personal story.I was in college during the height of stop and frisk in NYC…
It was commonly known amongst young Black and brown people that police weren’t just randomly stopping us, they were harassing us — and there was nothing you could do about it.
One night I was heading home from class
One night I was heading home from a late class at Hunter College, which is on the upper east side of manhattan.I decided to study at a coffee shop near there for about 2 hours before going home. I left at about 11pm.
As I walked to the train I was stopped by a group of police.
I was the only person walking on that side of the street besides the police and immediately became nervous.The officers looked at me and I’m sure I had a look of fear —
“What are you doing around here this time of night?” One asked.
“Coming from school.” I answered
“A bit late for that. Where do you go?” Another officer answered“I go to Hunter” I responded
“That doesn’t make sense… classes ended hours ago. You’re lying.” He responded
“I was studying.” I said
“What’s in the bag?” He responded
I told him it was my books and Laptop.
The original officer then proceeded to snatch my bag and while the other two officers began yelling for me to face the wall next to me.I began to have an anxiety attack and started hyperventilating.
I tried my best to move to the wall but couldn’t.
I said loudly, “you broke my laptop!”
One officer responded, “find the number online for complaints and take it up with them.”
I asked for their badge numbers — and they continued walking away. I obviously didn’t dare to chase them down.
I called the number the next day, and the day after, and weeks later … nothing.
Long story short, I had to work extra hours to buy a new laptop and never took night classes again nor stayed out to study near school.
Mike Bloomberg and stop and frisk only further emboldened the entitlement of racism in the NYPD and destroyed any faith in the police for people like myself.
Mike Bloomberg defending that program is disgusting. No weak apology or donations can fix the destruction he caused.
A man capable enabling that type of subhuman treatment of people of color is completely unfit for presidency.
This is what @MikeBloomberg thinks of #stopandfrisk and people like me.
He is a racist and I hope none of you support him. His hollow apologies because he is running for President are terrible.
— Frederick Joseph (@FredTJoseph) February 14, 2020
..
znModerator
znModeratorJalen Ramsey wishes he could've played entire 2019 season with Rams https://t.co/fIDCTjDnsT
— Rams Wire (@TheRamsWire) February 16, 2020
znModeratorI had to drive after my last eye exam. That was of course both eyes. It was awful and sunglasses did not help all that much.
znModeratorAndrew Whitworth: I still have a lot I want to do with Rams https://t.co/nOcSnQoNn4
— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 16, 2020
znModeratorAaron Donald has the feet of a running back 😳
(via @210ths) pic.twitter.com/NH9PWABD52
— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) February 15, 2020
znModeratorThe toughest guy isn’t always the baddest man in the room. Sometimes it’s the one who can endure the most pain. Take the most hits and still get up. I always thought @MarcBulger10 was one tough son of a gun. Took a lot of hits in his day and played with guts. Circa 2004 vs Saints pic.twitter.com/4xBWTmvfUX
— RAMS ON FILM (@RamsOnFilm) February 14, 2020
znModeratorMike Golic@espngolic
I always said the best part of my career was it ended a year before Larry Allen got in the league…dude was big, strong, and played with a mean streak!!!Geoff Schwartz@geoffschwartz
Same for me but switch Allen with Donald. Never faced him. He’d wreck meFebruary 15, 2020 at 12:45 pm in reply to: the one-shot tweets thread (diff'rent stuff, funny angry interesting) #111360
znModeratorDead animals lay in the dirt in New South Wales all along the roadside.
It doesn’t matter if you believe in #ClimateChange.
The Earth doesn’t give a fuck about what you believe.#ScienceIsReal pic.twitter.com/KAuW0ydZ3B
— Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? 🌹 (@PaulDeCristofo4) January 5, 2020
znModeratorHave not dealt with anything similar and have no advice.
All I got is a ton of sympathy and support.
Oh! And pie.
Take yer pick.

znModeratorThe only African American in attendance at this Pete Buttigieg town hall was a hired staffer that Pete made run around and hold the microphone for white questioners while kneeling with his head bowed. pic.twitter.com/R1ZquRFqQJ
— ᏔმƦ𝔢ჳ💤 (@mooncult) February 7, 2020
znModeratorAs you guys know, the left’s libertarian tradition has advocated for an end to all concentration of power and wealth, for instance . . . public, private, wherever . . . whereas the right’s seems solely concerned with ending it in the public realm. They actually advocate for more inequality via that concentration in the private realm.
Yep. Key point. If not THE key point.
…
znModeratorRams 2020 free agency preview: Can Greg Zuerlein bounce back? https://t.co/aq7s8XHfy9
— Rams Wire (@TheRamsWire) February 15, 2020
February 15, 2020 at 11:18 am in reply to: Washington Post: Sanders a risk… the media hates Bernie thread #111351
znModeratorFebruary 15, 2020 at 10:51 am in reply to: Report: Rams not sending coordinators to NFL combine #111350
znModeratorI think it’s just the coordinators who are not going. Nothing was said about the Rams position coaches.
The main thing about the combine is not watching the underwear competitions, it’s interviewing players. Nothing was said about whether the Rams were scaling that back or not.
Yeah you can skip the workouts. But can you skip the interview process? We don;t know how the Rams are approaching that. If I had to guess I would say that no, they would not scale that back, it’s too valuable.
znModeratorHoward Balzer@HBalzer721
Crazy. During interview with Chris Miller today when I mentioned Isaac Bruce and his 1995 season, he nailed his statistics exactly!February 15, 2020 at 12:59 am in reply to: Report: Rams not sending coordinators to NFL combine #111342
znModeratorAdam Schefter@AdamSchefter
In a possible wave of the future, Broncos’ HC Vic Fangio and Rams’ HC Sean McVay will attend the scouting combine, but Fangio is leaving home his assistant coaches and McVay is doing the same with his coordinatorsMore.
Both organizations believed there was better use of their time than to attend the combine en masse, sources told ESPN. Though it did not drive either team’s decision, there also is a hefty financial savings for each organization by not having everyone travel to Indianapolis.
February 15, 2020 at 12:58 am in reply to: Report: Rams not sending coordinators to NFL combine #111340
znModeratorCameron DaSilva@camdasilva
The Rams aren’t sending their new coordinators to the combine, and Sean McVay is only going to be there for the first few days.Lindsey Thiry@LindseyThiry
To add to this, Rams took similar approach with Senior Bowl this year – only sending a couple of scouts, while GM, majority of scouting dept., HC and assistants stayed back to watch the practices on film.Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
In a possible wave of the future, Broncos’ HC Vic Fangio and Rams’ HC Sean McVay will attend the scouting combine, but Fangio is leaving home his assistant coaches and McVay is doing the same with his coordinators, believing in better uses of their time.
znModeratorDaniel Jeremiah@MoveTheSticks
I had a routine medical procedure today. Asked my wife if the DR visited with us in recovery room. She said yes. I said I don’t remember any of it. What did I say? She said I told him where Tua was getting picked. 😂
znModeratorwhat’s the rams’ split?
It will take a more refined calculation than I am going to do. I am just going to look at the roster on PFR for the 2019 Rams and count up the draft picks. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2019_roster.htm That’s a little flawed because it will include guys who got IRed or were signed during the season.
draft picks: 29 of 59. 47.45%.
znModeratorThere's an oddly high amount of former Rams on this list. Kinda speaks to some good decision-making in letting those guys walk (trade for Ogletree's case). https://t.co/UxZkoJnTEz
— Sosa K (@QBsMVP) February 15, 2020
znModeratorlol
znModeratorPasser rating when targeted over the past two seasons
1. Tyler Lockett – 145.8
2. Cooper Kupp – 126.1
3. Michael Thomas – 123.2 pic.twitter.com/Gtpg1O7ZoX— PFF (@PFF) February 13, 2020
znModeratorCameron DaSilva@camdasilva
Michael Brockers doesn’t put up big numbers but A) he’s good against the run and B) the Rams are thin on DEs.Sean McVay has had an eye on Rams RBs coach Thomas Brown since being hired in 2017. McVay played against Thomas Brown in high school. He considered hiring Brown back in 2017.
February 14, 2020 at 3:32 pm in reply to: “You want the government to pay for everyone’s healthcare” #111321
znModeratorJames Carville just stepped out of a Delorean that flux capacitored here from a 1955 HUAC hearing https://t.co/PiXKEa1ptL
— David Sirota (@davidsirota) February 14, 2020
February 14, 2020 at 3:22 pm in reply to: draft talk in February & March … podcasts, articles, tweets #111319
znModeratorThe NFL combine is fast approaching, so here are 32 prospects the Rams should have a close eye on in Indy https://t.co/lC9IzML7Hw
— Cameron DaSilva (@camdasilva) February 14, 2020
znModeratorHey Snow. I edited your post. Basically, the way to post a youtube is just to dump the url naked into the post box, and when you post, the site does the rest. No need for any added script like with posting images.
February 14, 2020 at 11:46 am in reply to: Washington Post: Sanders a risk… the media hates Bernie thread #111313
znModerator
-
AuthorPosts


