Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 21,361 through 21,390 (of 48,145 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: NFL to update Rooney Rule #115373
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: virus news … (+ some dark humor) #115370
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115369
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115364
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Dugar, Michael-Shawn@MikeDugar
    Seahawks left tackle Duane Brown, one of 3 players to stay in the locker room during the national anthem the past 2 years in the name of social justice, was asked if we’ve made progress there.

    “No.”

    Torrey Smith@TorreySmithWR
    I know plenty of amazing and selfless police officers but where are they when things like this happen?

    Their silence is alarming. The standard for people in power is to condemn the actions of those that don’t align with your mission and values.

    We don’t see it enough.

    J.A. Adande@jadande
    This is in part because the media failed to frame the Kaepernick-inspired debate properly: Where do we stand on agents of the state killing unarmed American citizens? That question should have been the main focus.

    in reply to: New Uniforms … update, they’re here #115362
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    3 uniform polls from 3 different Rams message boards



    in reply to: at 136 Rams take Brycen Hopkins #115361
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: OL talk, 2020 #115360
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    from Sean McVay addresses RT situation, is confident Havenstein will bounce back
    Sean McVay addresses RT situation, is confident Havenstein will bounce back

    McVay addressed the position on a conference call with reporters on Tuesday, saying he’s confident Havenstein will rebound from an injury-plagued 2019 season. He also mentioned that Evans could play guard, which adds to the intrigue along the offensive line.

    “What you feel good about at right tackle is Rob Havenstein is such a tough player. He was pushing through some injuries that I do think led to not seeing him play consistently at the level we’re accustomed to. I’m fully confident that he’ll get back to that. He’s feeling good,” McVay said. “I thought Bobby Evans being able to step in and play well toward the latter half of the season was really good for his confidence, but I’m not convinced that guy couldn’t play guard, either. So I think we’ve got some guys that are versatile – we know we have players that can play – but it’s about finding ways to get the best five on there and certain guys might have a little bit more position flex and I think until we get out and are really playing football again, that’s the challenging part of what these times entail.”

    in reply to: Today is really hard. #115354
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Jack, sorry to hear that. I know it’s hard, been there, so you have my heartfelt condolences. But she had a good home, and that matters a lot.

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115345
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    J.B. Long@JB_Long
    “I’m very excited about the way I’m going to be utilized in this defense. I’ll leave it at that. I think my talents will be shown thoroughly.” -Jalen Ramsey, responding to last week’s conversation with

    Jalen Ramsey on an extension: “The Rams know where I stand, and I think that’s all that matters… They know what’s up. I know what’s up.”

    Says he’s willing to come to training camp, even without a deal.

    LindseyThiry@LindseyThiry
    I asked Jalen Ramsey what he expected from the Rams CBs this season, he offered to talk about what to expect from entire secondary because, “That’s not my role anymore – to just be a CB.” Sounds like Brandon Staley will be moving him around a good amount.

    Stu Jackson@StuJRams
    Rams head coach Sean McVay on contract extension talks with Jalen Ramsey:

    “The anticipation was to acquire him with the hope that he’s a Ram for a long time. We went and got this guy with the hope that it’s not a short-term thing.”

    Cameron DaSilva@camdasilva
    Byron Jones is the highest-paid CB in the NFL right now at $16.5M per year. Ramsey could push $20M, with $17M likely being his floor.

    Greg Beacham@gregbeacham
    Sean McVay says this NFL offseason has taught him the importance of trying to “eliminate the fluff from your day.” He’s learned about the importance of balance in life, and not being obsessed with performative grinding. He’s working out more, sleeping more and drinking more wine.

    Jourdan Rodrigue@JourdanRodrigue
    Sean McVay says the Rams have a loose plan for mini and training camp like they always do this year, but are making sure it can be flexible to adjust to whatever parameters the league ultimately enforces in the coming weeks.

    in reply to: virus news … (+ some dark humor) #115344
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115343
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: Losing Wade #115340
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    It’s a gamble but I think this is a matter of being in it for the longterm.

    Does 2020 matter in itself as much as the next 3 years combined?

    I will say though that Staley has a lot to work with. This is the deepest secondary I remember the Rams ever having. The DL not only has Donald, it is solid. All the real question marks are at LB but they don’t lack for potential prospects. The same guys who found Littleton have a long list of guys to work with and there’s a good chance that 1 or 2 pan out.

    In terms of playcalling, we’ll see–but right now the defensive players are raving about Staley. So that’s a step in the right direction.

    And has going to a new young untested coordinator ever work? Well–there’s Martz. Is there a defensive coordinator who went from obscurity as a position coach to coming through as a coordinator? Yeah Spags when he went to NY as a coordinator in 2007…that was his first DC position and he overnight turned a 25th ranked defense into a 7th ranked defense.

    That’s the best I can do in terms of names, I remember what ex-Rams coaches did. But yes there are examples of what you ask about.

    Which of course is no guarantee so I am as curious about Staley as you are. Though I am perhaps more optimisitic.

    …

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115338
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    from Ranking the NFL’s defenses
    Ranking the NFL's defenses from worst to first

    With Wade Phillips replaced by Brandon Staley, it’s up to the first-time NFL defensive coordinator to replace a living legend, and Staley will have limited resources to work with. Yes, Aaron Donald is still the best defensive player in the game, and Jalen Ramsey can be a top-flight cornerback, but pass rush, safety depth, and the cornerback group after Ramsey are question marks at this point. The ranking here is optimistic based on the talent of the front-line stars, but any deviation in performance could lead to a sub-par finish — and it’s not obvious that the Rams have the offensive firepower to make up for that. The guy to watch here is third-round pass-rusher Terrell Lewis from Alabama. Injuries abbreviated Lewis’ impact as a college player, but he showed as much talent as anybody at his position during a relatively healthy 2019 season.

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115337
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    from Football Power Index’s full 2020 season rankings
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29196114/2020-nfl-season-projections-chances-make-super-bowl-win-division-land-top-draft-spot-more

    1. Kansas City Chiefs
    Projected wins: 11.2
    Chance to reach playoffs: 94%

    2. Baltimore Ravens
    Projected wins: 11.0
    Chance to reach playoffs: 92%

    3. San Francisco 49ers
    Projected wins: 10.2
    Chance to reach playoffs: 81%

    4. New Orleans Saints
    Projected wins: 10.2
    Chance to reach playoffs: 83%

    5. Dallas Cowboys
    Projected wins: 9.3
    Chance to reach playoffs: 69%

    6. Philadelphia Eagles
    Projected wins: 9.1
    Chance to reach playoffs: 66%

    7. Seattle Seahawks
    Projected wins: 8.9
    Chance to reach playoffs: 58%

    8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Projected wins: 9.1
    Chance to reach playoffs: 63%

    9. New England Patriots
    Projected wins: 8.6
    Chance to reach playoffs: 60%

    10. Buffalo Bills
    Projected wins: 8.6
    Chance to reach playoffs: 60%

    11. Los Angeles Rams
    Projected wins: 8.3
    Chance to reach playoffs: 45%

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115336
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115335
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115334
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    from PFF’s All-Clutch Team: The NFL’s best performers in the fourth quarter and overtime in 2019

    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pffs-all-clutch-team-2019

    DI AARON DONALD, LOS ANGELES RAMS

    Name a list for interior defenders, and Donald is probably at the top. That was no different in the fourth quarter and overtime of one-score games, as Donald put up a 90.9 pass-rushing grade with 12 pressures on 60 pass-rushing snaps.

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115333
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    from The 2010s All-Decade Underrated Team
    https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/news/the-2010s-all-decade-underrated-team

    Offensive Tackle

    Andrew Whitworth, Cincinnati (2006-16), Los Angeles Rams (2017-Present)

    After toiling away in Cincinnati for ten years, Whitworth has become more of a well-known commodity with the Rams.

    As is the case with every other player, age is starting to take its toll on Whitworth, as he was so effective in both phases of the offense for the Bengals. A dominating run blocker, with an excellent anchor in pass protection is the best way to describe the former LSU Tiger.

    You can also throw in durable, as other than 2008, he rarely missed any snaps. Whitworth is one of the most underappreciated players of this era, even though he’s a four-time Pro Bowler (2012, 2015-17) and a two-time, first-team All-Pro (2015 and 2017).

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115332
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: Tulsa Riot, May 31st, 1921 #115329
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Reference to this can’t be found in any history books.

    Well that part ain’t correct. I think maybe they mean high-school history texts?

    Just a few examples of not school texts but books on history, from Amazon. I stopped at 5:

    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tulsa+race+riot+1921&i=stripbooks&crid=3BF2MDAKF0HB6&sprefix=Tulsa+%2Caps%2C173&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6

    Tulsa 1921: Reporting a Massacre
    by Randy Krehbiel, Kevin Meyer, et al.

    The Burning: Massacre, Destruction, and the Tulsa Race Riot of 1921
    by Tim Madigan, Bill Andrew Quinn, et al
    .

    Death in a Promised Land: The Tulsa Race Riot of 1921
    by Scott Ellsworth and John Hope Franklin

    Riot and Remembrance: America’s Worst Race Riot and Its Legacy
    by James S. Hirsch

    Reconstructing the Dreamland: The Tulsa Riot of 1921
    by Alfred L. Brophy

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115323
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115322
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    from NFL’s most underappreciated players: One for each NFC team: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-s-most-underappreciated-players-one-for-each-nfc-team

    Los Angeles Rams
    ·
    Tyler Higbee

    In the last five weeks of the 2019 season, Higbee led NFL tight ends in receiving yards (522), receiving first downs (25) and yards after the catch (265). With the Rams moving on from receiver Brandin Cooks and running back Todd Gurley this offseason, Higbee’s versatility in the passing game in terms of alignment and reliability figures to be even greater in 2020.

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115321
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    from https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/25/nfl-rams-tremayne-anchrum-offensive-line/

    Anchrum played right tackle at Clemson, and played at a high level against some of the nation’s best edge rushers, but he projects better at guard in the NFL. Regardless of where the Rams ask him to play, he’ll be ready.

    “I see myself being able to support a number of positions across the board. Right now, I just want to kind of learn, understand the system, understand how we do things around here so I can apply what I do and come in and raise that level that this offensive line has already set,” he said in an interview with TheRams.com. “Bring my agility, my skills and be able to play whatever position is being asked. I feel like that’s one of the best things I’ve had going for me the last four years is playing at a championship level and bringing that competitive edge to wherever I might step into. Whatever position I play, I’m ready to bring that edge.”

    in reply to: tweets … 5/25 thru 5/27 #115311
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: Flipper Anderson, 15 for 336, 10/26/89 (vid) #115308
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    That never gets old.

    Thank you

    My pleasure!

    in reply to: Meet The Los Angeles Rams UDFA’s: Defense #115305
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Rozeboom had a prolific career with the Jackrabbits and was one of the best defensive players in the FCS for several years.

    mikeguman: I watched him play at SDSU. He is a sideline to sideline do it all inside linebacker.

    ==

    from https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/25/kansas-city-chiefs-2020-nfl-7-undrafted-free-options/

    South Dakota State LB Christian Rozeboom

    Rozeboom is an intriguing linebacker prospect. He’s listed at 6-2 and 228 pounds. He led the Jackrabbits in tackles for four consecutive seasons. Apart from his production, he was a team leader and captain at South Dakota State. He ha really good instincts in zone coverage.

    ==

    from https://ramblinfan.com/2020/05/04/case-undrafted-free-agent-lb-christian-rozeboom/

    Rozeboom is another impressive linebacker who did not hear his name called during the 2020 NFL Draft. But that’s not uncommon for South Dakota State University football players. Standing 6-foot-2 and weighing in at 230-pounds, he was a one-man wrecking ball on defense. In four seasons, he racked up 475 tackles, 29 tackles for losses, and best of all, eight interceptions. The LA Rams need interior linebackers who can defend both the run and pass, and Rozeboom certainly can prove he has the background to do both. His highlight video shows flashes of incredible speed and great tackling.

    in reply to: signs, comics, memes, & other visual aids #115303
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 5/21 thru 5/24 #115302
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

Viewing 30 posts - 21,361 through 21,390 (of 48,145 total)