Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 10,531 through 10,560 (of 12,970 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Rams News Recap: Oct. 13 #32387
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, Foles is ‘saying’ all the right things.

    w
    v

    ============
    Foles picks up the pieces after career-worst game
    • By Jim Thomas
    http://www.stltoday.com

    ….

    “I felt all right,” Foles said with a shrug. “I was able to get out of bed, and get some work in and get the blood flowing again. I felt good. Good Lord protected the body throughout the game, so I feel good.”…

    “Nick’s tough,” said linebacker James Laurinaitis. “Not just physically; he’s mentally tough. Even when things aren’t going well, you won’t see him on the sidelines pouting. … He really just forgets about it and goes out there the next drive and believes the next drive’s gonna be successful. In the long run that’s gonna help us.

    “When you have a QB that’s even-keel like that — the guys around him, it kind of gives them more confidence. He’s not gonna shy away from his mistakes. He’ll go up to the guys and say: ‘It was my bad, next time we’re gonna put points on the board.’ ”,,,

    “Developing character you learn from mistakes,” Foles said. “It’s just how do you learn from those things? I look at them critically, and I want to get back on the practice field and improve on the things I didn’t do well. So this time is very valuable.”,,,

    “How can I get a little bit better this week?” Foles said. “How can I get a little bit better today? You can see guys are doing that, and that’s what we’ve gotta keep doing.”…

    “I feel like I progressed,” Foles said. “There’s definitely been some growing pains, and I’m learning. … I want to keep building, keep improving. The big thing is just being consistent every week and putting us in a situation where we can win the game.”…

    in reply to: Key chapter in the Fisher Era #32369
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    yeah. if they can’t make a run here, i seriously gotta wonder if the rams need to be thinking about a new head coach.

    at this point with the talent they’ve added it’s time we see some results.

    i hope that oline is working out the kinks during the bye week.

    ——————
    For better or worse, rightly or wrongly, I figure
    Kroenke will give Fisher a fifth
    year, as long as he hovers around .500 this year.

    I mean, a change now, might make things worse. Ya know.
    The players know this system — would they play better
    if they had to learn a new system?

    At any rate, yeah, the team has an opportunity
    here to make a run. If they dont, I’m gonna
    be quite disappointed. They have the talent.

    Run Gurley, run Tavon, dont turn it over.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Nudes are old news at Playboy #32363
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Thot this was interesting:

    “…The company now makes most of its money from licensing its ubiquitous brand and logo across the world — 40 percent of that business is in China even though the magazine is not available there — for bath products, fragrances, clothing, liquor and jewelry among other merchandise. Nudity in the magazine risks complaints from shoppers, and diminished distribution…”

    w
    v

    in reply to: some bye week stats & rankings #32356
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    “…The four interceptions were the most since Keith Null threw five picks against the Titans in 2009. This was the 29th time in franchise history that a Rams opponent intercepted at least four passes and the Rams are now 2-27 in those games…”

    Anybody know the two games they won with Four INTs ?

    w
    v

    in reply to: bye week practice reports & assessments #32329
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    ”We worked on it a lot today, just because it was so obvious that teams have noticed we’ve struggled with it and if we don’t fix it it’s going to continue to happen,” Robinson said. ”Once you stop them, they’ll stop gaming us.”

    ————–

    I think the entire season,
    basically hinges on this.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I love the fact he’s doing this with a brace on.

    Lookin forward to seeing him go full throttle
    at some point. Probably next year.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Prediction thread -bye week #32298
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well, Cleveland is a must win.

    So Fisher better come up with a
    good game-plan and the OLine
    had better work their butts off
    during the bye.

    Thats all I’m sayin.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Ok, i watched NFL Replay.

    1st Quarter –

    Plenty of big plays in the first quarter: The pick 6 ; TJ McDonald’s diving tackle to stop Lacy on fourth and one; Barron’s fine play to tip the ball to James L for the INT.

    Plenty of bonehead plays in the first quarter: Cook dropped a third down pass in the first series. Britt dropped a pass on the second possession. Fairly gets an offsides prior to the TD pass.

    But the play that most typified the first quarter was the pulverizing, Foles-gerizing, atomizing, bulgerizing-body-shattering hit on Foles, early in the quarter. It reminded me of the hit on Jeff George in the Viking playoff game of 99. IF that hit didn’t cause some cracked ribs and a concussion, I dunno what would. You just cant have hits like that and have any kind of offense. Foles was Bulgerized the rest of the quarter when he tried to stand in the pretend-pocket.

    Not counting the deflection-completion to Benny, Foles was 1 of 9 before the pick6.
    I am not sure I have ever seen a Ram OLine look as bad as what I saw in the first quarter on the warm tundra. Holy shit.

    2nd Quarter —
    2nd Quarter opens with Saffold out with an injury (shocking) and Greg Robinson with a foot problem – O dear…the Oline will get worse…

    And yet the Rams won the quarter 10 to 0. Fouts called the long Ram-TD-Drive an “attitude drive” and he was right. Fisher got tired of the hideous-awful-nightmarish pass-non-protection and just decided to give up on modern football, and run Tavon outside and Gurley inside. I mean its historic Old-school Lam-bo field — why not.

    My favorite play of the 2nd quarter was a simple, QB sneak by Foles. It was third and one and the Interior of the Oline just blew up the GB DLine. John Madden would have loved the play. Vince Lombardi would have loved the play. Just big strong fat men ramming into big strong fat men.

    The Rams tried to turn the game into a slugfest in the second quarter. Frazier vs Ali. It worked for a Quarter.

    Most disappointing play of the quarter was Brian Quick’s uncoordinated, non-physical play on the ball in the endzone. I used to see Quick “misjudge” passes in his rookie year – and now he’s doing it again. Maybe he needs more reps, or more success, i dunno.

    Tru Johnson’s INT looked like a trap to me, btw. Nice play but it looked like a trap. Rogers was moving the team, dinking and dunking and scrambling effectively up until the trap. I mean interception.

    3rd Quarter —
    The Third Quarter was like a weird meshing of the First and Second Quarter. Foles was mauled often and only had 54 total yards passing at the end of the Third Quarter. The Packers and Matthews and Peppers massacred the Rams passing pockets. The signature play in the 3rd was when Foles was engulfed and stripped of the ball.

    On the other hand, just like in the 2nd quarter the Rams Gurley-attack was chugging along. (90 yards after 3 quarters) In the quarter the Puncher blew two long FG’s and Rogers stung like a bee as Joyner lost coverage on the long TD pass. Pack won the 3rd Quarter 7-0 and led in the game 21-10.

    Looking back and knowing what we know now – I’da run Gurley on almost every play and tossed in a Tavon play now and then.

    Is it possible the Rams have the best running attack and worst passing attack in the NFC ? What kinda weird throwback team is that??

    4th Quarter —

    Receiver-Rogers drops a big pass, and then gets penalized to cancel 3 points for GB.

    Rams ball. Gurley thunders for 55 yards. Then Tavon squirts for 15. First and goal from the ten. Tre stumbles for two yards. Gurley circles wide for one.

    Third and goal from the seven….9 minutes left…and Foles…drops back to pass (this cant be good!)…and…and…finally has time to throw…..and a clean pocket….OMG, a clean pocket…and…and…Foles…throws to…Joe Thomas. Ha Ha gets the deflection.

    I don’t think Kendricks was open, but the ball was behind the non-open Kendricks, anyway.
    Foles was probably so utterly bulgerized (or Folgerized) by that time that he was just thrilled to be STANDING UP in a clean pocket – his brain was so ecstatic to have a clean pocket that he just happily zipped the ball…forward…ANYWHERE…in the air.

    Ah well.

    I had to turn off Replay at this point because I cannot bear to watch the last nine minutes. No way I wanna watch anymore of the Rams Pocket-Madness. I cannot even imagine the kind of mahem the Rams OLinemen would cause as the clock ticks away and they HAVE to pass. Good god. The Horror. Apocalypse in Green Bay.

    I hope Chris Long’s knee just needs a bye.

    I predicted ten wins. If the Rams OLine learns to pass-block over the Bye, I still say they get ten wins.

    If the Rams OLine doesn’t learn to pass-block over the bye – Fisher will go 8 and 8, and I will shit a brick.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    —————————————————-
    Laram

    The good

    Todd Gurley – BEAST! But here is the kicker. Even with 159 yards rushing from TG, the Rams got only 10 points and nothing in the pass game. Something doesn’t jive there. That should have opened PA, or at least given Foles an extra beat or two in the pocket. Really a strange phenomenon to me.

    Rams defense – Played extremely well and better than I thought they would. Three to’s against Aaron Rodgers and really just 14 points allowed is an exceptional defensive performance. Other than a couple of mental errors, they were strong. Offense put them in bad positions.

    Janoris Jenkins – He got looks but was only thrown at once that I recall. He has really cleaned up his fundamentals.

    Mark Barron – Was all over the field today making tackles and had a nice deflection which caused an INT.

    Run blocking – Was intermittent, but when it was good, it was very good.

    Johnny Hekker – Great heads up play by the Hekker. Kept the play alive by buying time, made a risky throw but got away with it.

    The bad

    Nick Foles – Taking two delay of game penalties. When you lean down under center and look up, you are looking right at the play clock. No excuse for it.

    Cignetti – Was bad today and did absolutely nothing to help his o-line or the qb in the pass game. When you qb is holding onto the ball to long and you o-line can’t hold off the pass rush…you as the OC need to adjust. Quick throws, screens, slants, something to slow down the rush and get Foles some easy throws. Its like a shooter in basketball, sometimes you need a lay-up just to see the ball go through the net.

    Zuerlin – Low trajectory on one kick, poor accuracy on another. Would you really trust him in a BIG game to win it?

    The ugly

    Nick Foles – Yep he shows up in two categories. I know he got very little help from his o-line, but his decision making was absolutely horrid. He forced a number of passes and when he did have time to throw, his accuracy was not good. I understand that a qb will have bad days, but I’m seeing some tendencies in Foles that I have seen before. Take a sack Nick, sometimes its better than the alternative.

    Receiving core – With the exception of Austin and Bailey, who didn’t get many opportunities in the game, save the Heykel and Jekyll play…they were all bad. Cook is Cook and I still don’t know why Quick jumped for the ball when he didn’t have to. More times than not when you see that type of play. the receiver drops the pass. Britt was invisible, and Kendricks has never been a consistent option. I didn’t see as many drops as whats being reported, but nobody stood up either!

    Pass pro – Way to many breakdowns by the o-line from mental to physical errors. Reynolds blowing a blitz assignment, GRob getting whipped, Saffold, Barnes, Hav, Brown…take your pick. Just an awful performance today by a unit that we hoped was gaining some momentum.

    Coaching – Jeff Fisher was horrible in clock management and understanding game situations. Down two scores in the 4th quarter the Rams should have been in hurry up mode. With 4:00 left in the game they were acting like they were up two scores, instead of behind two.

    A 63 yard fg really Jeff? He is totally enamored with the fact that GZ has a big leg. We’ve seen it now for 4 years that he has been the Rams HC. Go for it, I think NFL stats will prove 4th and 7 has a better chance of being made over a 63 yard fg. Play the percentages!!!

    Jeff Fisher is also responsible for what we are seeing from the o-line. Most of us expect a young inexperienced o-line to be up and down. So he really didn’t give this team much room for error by relying on one. He doesn’t have Tom Brady at qb, nor does he have Julio Jones at receiver.

    When you have players of that caliber, you can overcome some deficiencies upfront. You can win some games that you might otherwise lose, and remain competitive in the division while you give a unit time to come together.

    With Fisher its always been the necessary pieces on offense that continue to hold his teams back. You would think he would adjust after so many years, but obviously you can’t teach this old dog, new tricks!.

    Just poor coaching and careless play on offense that has to be demoralizing to a defense that once again…played its heart out!!

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I havent watched it yet, but I will watch it on Replay.

    Strange team. So many strengths on this team,
    but the OLine is dragging everything down. So far.

    At any rate, losing to GB in GB is to be expected.

    They gotta win the next one.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Office Pool #32101
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Barron
    w
    v

    in reply to: belated happy birthday to -X- #32100
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Where is the X man?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Going to St. Louis for the Browns game #32078
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    It was a Father’s day gift from the family.
    Will probably join Sign Man 124’s pre game bash in the parking lot.
    Hope to meet some of you there.

    NewMexicoRam

    I’ve never been to a pro-game, myself.
    Have you seen any Ram games in person
    before?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Dairy Crack #32071
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Reading that made me want some cheese.

    .

    I bet Monsanto is working on creating
    addictive Brussel Sprouts.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Prediction Thread: Green Bay Packers #32059
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    This just looks like a repeat of the great
    London Fiasco to me. Yall remember how
    ‘that’ game went. Brady threw for 11 TDs
    in the first ten series.

    Rams poured a LOT of energy into that Card game.
    This one is on the Road.
    Aaron Rogers.
    Lacy.
    Rams are still making tons of mistakes on offense
    and the defense just lost Ogletree.

    Just looks like an elite team playing
    a young-improving-not-gelled-yet-team.

    Packers 31
    Rams 16

    w
    v

    in reply to: Snowman! belated happy birthday #32058
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Thank you Thank you!

    I got what I wanted for my birthday – a win over the Cardinals!

    Always a pleasure reading your posts,
    Snow.

    wv

    in reply to: Greg Cosell 10/9/15 – Podcast #32029
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I would rather listen to Bozo The Clown
    interview Cosell, than Frank C….

    On Aaron Rogers — How many Super Bowl Rings
    does this guy have? One, i think, right?
    He’s always raved-about like he’s the best
    player on earth — but he only has one ring.
    Same with Peyton. Same with Favre.
    Same with Trent Dilfer.
    It takes a team to build a village,
    you know. Or somethin.

    w
    v

    in reply to: reporters & posters set up the GB game #32007
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Packers Podcast (plus Frank Sinatra)
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/331256171.html
    They start talking about the Rams at the 16:30 mark or so

    in reply to: I'm back. #31980
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    It was tough. My computer died, and I had to wait a quite a few months to be able to get another one. It was very frustrating, being off for a long time.

    Yeah, i hate computers; Love the internet,
    though.

    Good to see you back,
    Jack.

    What do you think of Foles?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Nick Fairley #31968
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I agree there is a flaw in the Rams run defense. I’m just not sure if the flaw resides within the d-line. It very well may, but I don’t know.

    Can the issues be traced to individual players? Is it the scheme?

    When you give up big runs, every level of the defense is involved…d-line, LBs, safeties…

    =================

    Maybe GW’s defense in New Orleans was the same way. I dunno.
    They won a Ring there of course, but it was the Offense that
    carried that team — though as i recall the D got
    tons of turnovers. And bounties.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Nick Fairley #31965
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    That is a hell of a D line. Jeezus.

    Well, i dunno. They are still getting
    gouged by the run it looks like.
    Havent perused the stats on that though.

    w
    v

    Yeah. But it’s not like backs are consistently getting 5 yards a carry against them. They give up nothing for 10 plays and then get gouged by a 20 or 30 yarder. I think it’s also hard for us to always know who is at fault for the big runs…is it the DL or is it the LBs, etc.

    But we do see maddening breakdowns at times.

    Frustrating.

    Of course, all d-lines get gouged sometimes. Dorsett and Foreman had some big days against those great Rams d-lines of the 70’s.

    ===================

    Well all i know iz, this group aint the Sapp-Bucs or
    the Saragusa-Ravens. It aint that kind of ‘great.’

    Its dangerous and talented…and a bit flawed somehow,
    it seems.

    Would you rather have the 2015 Rams Defense
    or the 1999 Rams Defense?
    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 11 years ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Nick Fairley #31963
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    That is a hell of a D line. Jeezus.

    Well, i dunno. They are still getting
    gouged by the run it looks like.
    Havent perused the stats on that though.

    Its a strange team at this point. I think of the DLine
    as “very dangerous” but not really
    a “great DLine” in the sense of being
    dependable and complete.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Nick Fairley #31952
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    How come Simms is used so little?
    Is he hurt? I forget.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Prediction Thread: Green Bay Packers #31949
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I say MOB SQUAD UP BITCHES!!!!

    That’s a thing now – if we are gonna do a whole group think cult deal, we need to get on the same page. When I say “MOB SQUAD UP BITCHES” you will all fall in a deeply relaxed sleep. When I snap my fingers you will awake and have an overwhelming urge to send me your money. I take cash, check, credit cards and even your mommas dentures if they got gold in em.

    ======================

    Just woke up. Thought that said “Mob Squid Britches!”

    I cannot even begin to tell you
    the confusion that ensued.

    w
    v
    Britches
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_California_Riverside_1985_laboratory_raid

    in reply to: Prediction Thread: Green Bay Packers #31937
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I will be very curious to see how much
    intensity the Rams can generate,
    after the intense win at Arizona.

    I’m thinkin this will look a lot
    like the Washington game.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Hav's Fumble recovery… #31936
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well that was just a great and fierce
    play by the rookie, Hav.

    While Saffold and Greg Robinson just
    stood there.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Prediction Thread: Green Bay Packers #31929
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    And, Nittany isn’t REALLY a Flamer, is he? Nah, can’t be. You guys are mistaking him for someone else, I’m thinkin.

    Good eye, NE. Your suspicions are correct. I’m not a flamer, and wv and zooey are just bitter little men. Bitter, bitter little men.

    But you saw them for what they are right away, and for that I am thankful.

    =========================

    Hey dont lump me in with
    Zooey “preheat the oven to 350 for hardbacks” Deadalus.
    I didnt say who was the flamer, exactly.
    I left it open to interpretation.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Prediction Thread: Green Bay Packers #31925
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think Green Bay is going to look back on this game as their most humbling of the season.

    Because they so thoroughly destroy the Rams that they begin to question a lifestyle driven by violence so they join a Tibetan monastery where they take a vow of humility?

    Boy, do I know how to bait the trap for Raiders fans, or what.

    It’s amazing that trolls keep coming to this board in spite of round after round of humiliation at my hands.

    ==========================

    Maybe ZN1 should start up “rate the flamer” again.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Prediction Thread: Green Bay Packers #31924
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    The two teams have met each other 93 times (including 2 postseason games), with the Green Bay Packers winning 45 games and the Rams winning 46 games. They have also tied 2 times.

    Packers have averaged 30 points per game in their last 3 meetings (A-Rod as QB).

    Foles is 1-0 as a starter in GB, but A-Rod was hurt in that game…, Seneca Wallace was the starter, and he got knocked out in that game.

    The last time the Rams won in GB was in 2006, when Marc Bulger was QB.

    I love my Rams, but

    GB 23
    Rams 14

    some history
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-have-storied-history-with-rams-b99588945z1-331030041.html

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    The 11 games immediately after the bye:

    Cleveland
    San Francisco
    @ Minnesota
    Chicago
    @ Baltimore
    @ Cincinnati
    Arizona
    Detroit
    Tampa Bay
    @ Seattle
    @ San Francisco

    Suddenly it doesn’t look so tough.

    =======================

    That Raven game might just have to be
    played under the Thunderdome.

    w
    v

Viewing 30 posts - 10,531 through 10,560 (of 12,970 total)