Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 5,041 through 5,070 (of 8,274 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: does Dallas stand even the remotest chance in this game? #96478
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Dallas defense last 3 games only.

    Points per game allowed–23rd.
    Pass D (yards per attempt)–27th.
    Sack percentage–27th
    Opponent completion percentage–22nd
    Opponent passer rating–22nd

    Yards per carry, run D–8th

    And I hope they run a lot anyway.

    Dallas wants to play a halfcourt game, while the Rams are looking for an uptempo, full court game (to borrow a sports metaphor from baseball). The first quarter of this game will tell us whose will is being imposed. It won’t tell us who will win, but it will tell us the tilt of the game.

    If the first quarter is a low-scoring struggle, those conditions favor Dallas. I think the Rams can beat Dallas at that game, but it will be considerably more difficult.

    If, however, the Rams move the ball in the first quarter, and especially if they put up 10 or 14, everybody can relax and just laugh at Dallas and their fans for the rest of the night.

    I think it is lost on all the Experts that the Rams are trending in the right direction, and Dallas is trending in the wrong direction. It’s true the Rams played a couple of weak teams at the end of the season, but they got better. While Gurley rested. And I just think that when a team starts 8-0, there is nowhere to go but down in the estimation of Experts.

    Talib makes a difference as has been pointed out. Dallas is not going to win through use of the Air Force. Their only hope is the infantry.

    Casinos put the Rams at 7 point favorites for a reason. 7 points is a lot.

    The Rams are better than Dallas. They have been better all season long. AND two of my idiot brothers are Cowboys fans. So…I’m counting on a Rams explosion.

    in reply to: the divisional games, today and tomorrow #96465
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Here’s a poll I took on a Rams FB page. The top answer has three dots to the right. That is +102. Apparently in FB polls, it can only handle double digits, not triple. So the top answer had 105 total votes.

    in reply to: press sets up the Dallas game #96445
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    The difference between Talib and No Talib is absolutely stunning, and is perhaps the thing that gives me the greatest hope for the Rams’ chances this postseason.

    in reply to: Louie Tee: Cowboys vs. Rams | Keys to Victory & Prediction #96408
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    The Cowboys allowed 30+ points in one game all season, btw.

    in reply to: press sets up the Dallas game #96403
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    The experts love the Cowboys in this game. Which is interesting since they largely believed the they would lose to Seattle.

    The losses to Chicago and Philadelphia – National Stage Games – has really colored the “experts” opinion of the Rams.

    in reply to: does Dallas stand even the remotest chance in this game? #96402
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Hwæt!

    This is the plan.

    Throw every play to take advantage of the {relatively} weak Dallas secondary. Just go for the throat.

    Get up by 2 scores, and then run. Take the Run away from Dallas by scoring early, and the Rams win.

    I want to see a massive offensive explosion. I want the game decidedly in the Rams’ favor by the end of the first quarter. Just beat them, and demoralize them, and crush them.

    I don’t like the Rams’ chances in a close game. If it is a tight battle going into the 4th quarter, I think Dallas wears LA down, and wins.

    For the Rams to win, they have to strike early and often.

    I think.

    But…I will take any victory whatsoever. Obviously.

    in reply to: signs, comics, memes, & other visual aids #96388
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    in reply to: Well, Bondi's gone now #96379
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Yeah, ditto. I always feel incompetent at times like this because everything I can think to say sounds like a bromide, even though it’s sincere. I am sincerely sorry for your loss.

    in reply to: What Dallas fans are saying #96378
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    If you double Donald he has shown to be ineffective. Why more teams don’t I have no idea

    Yes, it’s very surprising that few offensive coordinators have ever thought of doing that.

    in reply to: Kinda wanted the Bears to win… #96301
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    in reply to: signs, comics, memes, & other visual aids #96299
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Yeah. I’ve been trying to come up with something for this.

    All I could think was “Hey, Libertarians. Now is the time for you to step up and show how private capital can step up and fill the vacuum created by the absence of government.”

    But…that’s not very pithy.

    in reply to: signs, comics, memes, & other visual aids #96298
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    in reply to: does Dallas stand even the remotest chance in this game? #96293
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I think we should be able to out score them. Also I hoping to unleash a 2-headed run game. Get TG30 his magical 17 touches and give CJ Anderson 10-13 touches mainly the short yardage type. This will give our OL an edge they want. Their CBs can’t hang w/ our WRs so focus on a truly balance attack. Mix in some hurry up to not let them get subs into the game and attack them!

    Ed

    Yeah, I think the Rams should be aggressive. I think they should pass to set up the run.

    Looks to me like Dallas is best suited to stopping the rush game, and weaker on the back end. So attack them. And when the Rams have the lead, mix in the run.

    in reply to: the divisional games, today and tomorrow #96292
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    like i’ve said before don’t really care who the rams play.

    don’t care if the eagles win and, assuming the rams win their game, the home field advantage goes back to the rams.

    although. yes. as petty as it may be. i don’t want the chargers to have any success. is that wrong?

    Of course it’s not Wrong.

    The scriptures says nothing about being petty. There are a lot of rules about all kinds of human behavior, but nowhere can you find a single text that cautions against rooting against a football team for some nebulous motivations involving bizarre geographical loyalties. So it’s not wrong. At least, not in a Classical sense.

    in reply to: does Dallas stand even the remotest chance in this game? #96277
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    You know after the Kansas City game the media was all agog, about how the NFL is now a pinball league, etc.

    Well…apparently not. Lots of defense in the NFL these days.

    I watched the Cowboys beat down the Saints. I have no idea why the Rams are 6 point favorites.

    w
    v

    However…The #NFL’s 1st, 2nd and 4th ranked defenses were one and done this weekend.

    in reply to: the divisional games, today and tomorrow #96276
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    The Path of Redemption would have been Chicago, New Orleans, Boston.

    We are not on that path at the moment, but could still get 2/3 of it.

    Rooting?

    Nah. Don’t care.

    They have to beat everybody in their path.

    I do agree with Nittany, though, in that I don’t want the Chargers to have any success in Los Angeles. I want them out of town.

    in reply to: does Dallas stand even the remotest chance in this game? #96251
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I am expecting points to be scored early and often.

    And I think that the more points that are scored, the better for the Rams.

    in reply to: the divisional games, today and tomorrow #96250
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Rams 7-1 at home.
    Dallas 3-5 away.

    That’s encouraging.

    It’s a good slate of games. There isn’t a thing that would surprise me this weekend.

    in reply to: signs, comics, memes, & other visual aids #96249
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    in reply to: Kinda wanted the Bears to win… #96222
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Agree, yeah. I think the Rams would have handled the Bears. I am less certain about Dallas.

    Dallas has a formidable OL, Prescott is good enough, and Cooper and Elliot give them the weapons.

    Their run defense is very good, so Gurley isn’t going to carry them very far.

    Looks like a tougher matchup to me.

    in reply to: signs, comics, memes, & other visual aids #96176
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    in reply to: Steven Jackson #96162
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    The man could play. And he did it for a lot of really bad teams too.

    Yeah, and I think he may not hold as high a place in the pantheon as he should because of that. He was a great player.

    in reply to: many images expired in the signs, comics, memes thread #96136
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Does imgur have an expiration?

    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Those look like some good games.

    Good playoff year looks like.

    I don’t remember a year when there was less difference between the #1 and #6 seeds than this year.

    There is not one team playing this weekend that I’d be amazed if they went to the Super Bowl. Maybe the Cowboys or Colts, but I haven’t actually seen them play this year, so I don’t know. But would anybody really drop dead with shock if the Chargers (#5) ended up against the Eagles (#6)?

    Really…I don’t see any “Gimme” games in the entire bracket. I don’t remember a season like this before.

    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    I could not care less, but if I’m the Browns, I sign Williams if he will take the job.

    He just proved to you he can coach that team to win.

    That’s something the Browns haven’t done since Byner fumbled. Why on earth would you roll the dice on somebody else? You HAVE a guy who is working. Don’t try to fix that.

    But…you know…it’s the Browns.

    in reply to: Top 10 Offensive Plays of 2018 #95963
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    So Kupp had 3 of those, and he played half the season.

    So…yeah.

    in reply to: welcome to 2019 #95924
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    On behalf of the Chinese, the Indonesians, the Jews, and everyone else who is disdainfully excluded from this western Imperialist Holiday, I would like to say…Ah! Champagne!

    in reply to: reactions to the SF game #95884
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    Beating the Bears would go a long way with me. Even if they lost
    the next week.
    Coz da Bears just humiliated them in Chicago. Bullied them.

    It would be huge to turn that around.

    w
    v

    Yeah, me too. That’s why I want the Bears. That is the Bar for me. The season started for me with expectations that the Rams would be in the hunt, in the Top Four teams with realistic Super Bowl contention. If they lose to the Bears twice, then the Rams do not belong there. They are a pretender, not a contender. And I want contention. That is my Bar. It will feel like a lost season to me if the Rams’ only improvement was to earn a bye in the playoffs. That isn’t enough. They have to win a playoff game this year, and it should be against the Bears. They already beat Seattle twice, and Dallas – although they are better than average – are not a contender. Dallas is probably not going to beat Seattle, and if they do, that’s the end for them no matter what, I think.

    The Bears are real, and they handled the Rams, and for the sake of self-respect, the Rams need to handle them back.

    in reply to: Playoff game 1: who do you want to see / expect to see? #95881
    Avatar photoZooey
    Moderator

    It’s going to be the Bears, and I want it to be the Bears.

    There is no easy path this year. Whether it’s the Bears, or Seahawks, or Cowboys, the Rams are going to struggle to win.

    But I don’t think the Bears can handle temperatures in the High 60s. That team is just not built for that kind of weather, and I think it will take a toll on them. Also…Todd Gurley, and Andrew Whitworth have fooled everyone by pretending to have injuries, and Chicago won’t be prepared for them.

    Anyway, Seattle is the team I least want to see as well.

Viewing 30 posts - 5,041 through 5,070 (of 8,274 total)