Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 23,251 through 23,280 (of 48,169 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109945
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    LMU93

    FootballOutsiders final 2019 Ratings- interesting…

    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2019/final-2019-dvoa-ratings%5DFootballOutsiders 2019 DVOA Ratings

    Rams finish ranked 12th overall (16th on offense, 9th defense, 23rd special teams).

    Goff finished ranked 15th out of 34 QBs
    Gurley 22nd out of 45 RBs
    Kupp 18th out of 81 WRs, Woods 44th, Cooks 48th
    Higbee finished 10th out of 49 TEs

    On 2019 strength of schedules: “This year’s hardest schedules by DVOA were all in the NFC: Los Angeles Rams at No. 1, then Seattle, Arizona, Carolina, and Atlanta. Houston and Cincinnati had the toughest schedules in the AFC.”

    Also interesting that the Bucs, the first team to really shut down the Rams running game this year, finished as their top run defense of 2019. “Most impressive was the (Tampa) run defense, which allowed just 3.3 yards per carry, a yard below the NFL average. The Bucs come out as the No. 6 best run defense we’ve ever measured.”

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109941
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    from https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/31/la-rams-nickell-robey-coleman-contract-option/

    Robey-Coleman has a team option written in his contract for next season, which the Rams can either choose to pick up or decline. If they decline it, he’ll become a free agent in March. If it’s picked up, he’ll be on the books with a cap hit of $4.5 million in 2020.
    Robey-Coleman was one of the Rams’ steadiest cornerbacks this season and has been since coming to Los Angeles in 2017. Despite being undersized, he’s among the best slot corners in the NFL.

    in reply to: Higbee #109938
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    So anyone have a theory as to WHY Mr Higbee, exploded in the last month? Was it something McVay did? Should McVay have done that ‘something’ a lot earlier? Is ‘it’ sustainable’?

    w
    v

    Gurley was asked about that and said something interesting. He said, no what happened with Higbee came as no surprise to people who saw him in practice. That is, the team already knew about Higbee’s development as a receiver.

    Why didn’t they go to it sooner? Well I suppose they liked what they had and what they were doing–the 3 WRs plus Everett–and in those circumstances Higbee was a blocker. But then stuff changed. Cooks hasn’t been the same this year (concussions?) and Everett got hurt (again) and teams started to focus on Kupp. Higbee emerged out of that as a new option.

    My guess is that it really took TH 3-4 years to develop, but then finally when he did, he had an opportunity and grabbed it.

    Going forward you have to wonder if ole McV will re-arrange his priorities and feature him more. Along with everything else he brings—including a team leading 77.5% catch percentage—TH seems to have good chemistry with Goff. (In terms of catch percentage, among those with 40 or more targets, the 2nd to Higbee is Kupp at 70.1%).

    .

    ….

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109935
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109934
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: Hammond: keep Wade #109931
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    We only had one, and he was always inactive. That being Greg Gaines.

    Well not always. Gaines was active in 10 games. He had 184 defensive snaps this year. He has modest stats but stats nonetheless–05. sacks, 13 tackles, 2 qb hits.

    in reply to: what’s goin’ on with Goff #109929
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    ==

    July 19, 2019
    Advanced QB Metrics: The Best and Worst Quarterbacks Under Pressure
    https://fantasydata.com/advanced-metrics-the-best-and-worst-qbs-under-pressure

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109922
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109921
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Chris@BiggameCB
    J.Goff finished the Rams final 5 games with a 98.6 QB rating, 66% completion percentage, averaging 328 yards per game, 11 touchdowns, 4 INTs, 0 fumbles. IMO a promising finish to the season after a rough stretch.

    𝒥𝒾𝓂 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓉@Jim_Everett
    Lots of chatter about TEs in the #Ramily. It usually takes 2-4 years to get a college TE up to
    @nfl standards. Higbee & Everett are a great combo together for 2020 (prayers both stay healthy). Personnel groupings can be expanded having these two studs ready. Be patient folks!

    IMO, @sonofbum would be the @RamsNFL DC for as long as he’s willing and able to coach. #Lifer #Stud #Keeper

    in reply to: McVay … 12/29 & 12/30 … transcripts #109919
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Rams Head Coach Sean McVay Postgame – Dec. 30, 2019

    (Opening Remarks)
    “From an injury standpoint, updating a couple of those guys from yesterday – Cory Littleton had, basically, a pulmonary contusion. He just needs some rest, no contact. He’ll be okay. That sounds a lot worse – I look at your guys’ faces – I think he’s going to be okay. Just take some rest and fortunate we got some good news there. Still waiting on the MRI results for (DL Michael) Brockers. You guys saw him where he had a cast on, but the severity of that – we don’t know entirely quite yet what that is. Both those guys did a great job competing. The other thing is, this is obviously a little bit different scenario than we’ve been used to over the last couple years. What I will continue to reiterate, that I said to the team today, is that I’m extremely proud of their consistent approach day-in and day-out. Their demeanor in what has been an up and down season – they’ve been consistent in the way they came into this building, the way that they worked. I thought yesterday was a great reflection of – a lot of people probably assumed, ‘Hey, guys aren’t going to show up and compete,’ And they did the exact opposite. They did that. I wasn’t surprised, but I was happy for them to be able to end with a win and to cap this season off the right way. It is tough – make no excuses – because we got to this point based on what our résumé’s been over 16 games. We’re the one team with a winning record that has been left out (of the playoffs). I think there’s 13 teams with winning records, 12 of them are in the playoffs, we’re left out. But, I’m never going to make excuses and I’m certainly excited about learning all the things that this season entailed. There’s a lot of things that I saw from a positive, from our players, from our coaches, that demonstrated that mental toughness, the resilient mindset and mentality that we’re looking for. Those are things that you wouldn’t get a chance to evaluate and see otherwise.

    “For the coaches and for the players – really, and for myself – we told these guys, ‘We appreciate you.’ We’re going to take today – the coaches will be off the rest of the week. It’ll be good for us to all just kind of reflect on the season. Then, I’ll get a chance to meet with all of them early next week, figure out what that looks like as we move forward as a staff and figure out how to get better. That will be the same process for a lot of our free agents, different things like that as we try to figure out what’s the best way to put together the most competitive team that we can and be more consistent in how we perform week-in and week-out.

    “Very appreciative of our players and there’s a lot of good things that have come in what is a disappointing ending and something we all expected to be playing after. But, this is where we’re at.”

    (On if there is anger or frustration because of where the team is)
    “Never would I use the word anger. I don’t know if you’re just looking to see, ‘What could you have done more to be part of the solution and to prevent this feeling?’ But, I think the further that you get away from it – because when you watch the two teams (Seattle and San Francisco) having a great game last night and you think about some of these teams that are getting an opportunity to extend their season based on what they’ve done over their 16 games, I’m disappointed that we don’t get a chance to still compete for our players, for our coaches. You always want to say, ‘What could you have done more, maybe, to change being in this position?’ I hope everybody has that same mindset and mentality. I think the further that you get away from it – and I know for me, personally – the perspective will be very valuable and something that you learn from, even though it’s been disappointing.”

    (On if he knows of any players who will need surgery in the offseason)
    “We’re working through all that. Once I get with (Senior Director, Sports Medicine and Performance) Reggie (Scott) and the medical staff and all those things, there’s a lot of stuff that goes into where guys are at, how those exit physicals all come out. Those are things that we discuss a little bit later on.”

    (On S Eric Weddle claiming to not want to return to the team next season as a backup and if he has spoken with Weddle on Monday)
    “I think that a lot of this is, ‘Let’s take a step away to be able to give’ – I want to see how he’s feeling. I know there’s still so many emotions riding on just this season finishing up. I thought it was the right way for our team. Certainly, you have to make decisions that are in the future, but to truly focus on, ‘Let’s try to put our energy into this last game.’ Then, when you have to handle the things that we’ll handle in the upcoming weeks, that’s when that timetable will come – those conversations. I think to be able to give a clarity to (S) Eric (Weddle) to get a feel for where, how is he feeling – because he fought through some things this year. He’s played a lot, had a great career. I think we’ll have a conversation – we talked a little bit today, but he and I will have a discussion at length. Most importantly, it’s going to be clear, open and honest. I’m very thankful and I’ve learned a lot from him. He’s done a great job this year and we’ll see what that means for next season.”

    (On TE Gerald Everett’s availability during yesterday’s game)
    “He was available. He’s going to be a really good player that we believe has a bright future. (TE) Tyler’s (Higbee) done a really nice job and then some of the other things that we did, I think (TE) Johnny Mundt has earned the right to play, he performed at a high level. Those were just some of the personnel groupings that we felt like gave us the best chance to win yesterday.”

    (On if he feels like he needs to make some major changes to get back to where he wants to be)
    “I don’t want to ever use the word major. I think what you’ve got to look at is, let’s look at the entirety of it. This is something that is not as simple as just one thing here, one thing there. I think everything starts with people. We’ve got a lot of great people in this building and we want to continue to have great people in this building – both as players, as coaches – that continue to push the envelope, push the standards. Those are things that we will always look at to try to stay at the top of our game. You want to be able to surround yourself with people like that. I would never use that word, but I think there’s some things that we can look at. Like anything else, I’m excited to really continue to self-reflect and say, “Where are some of those things that maybe you could do a better job of to get the consistent-level of performance in that window of time that we do play.” That’s something that I’m excited about trying to figure out and how you navigate through some of the injuries. This year provided an opportunity for us…man, it was real unrealistic – the health that we had those first couple of years. You almost think you’re invincible and you take things for granted that. I know I certainly won’t now. I wouldn’t know that, had we not gone through some of the tough times this year. So, for that, it is a blessing, I’ll be appreciative of it and it’s going to make us stronger.”

    (On when he talks about finding solutions is it something he does over time)
    “I think so. It really is something that you take some time. I think there’s a lot of instances when it’s still so fresh, being able to take a step back, take a deep breath, hit the reset button, gives you a better vantage point to make sound decisions, that are firm, that are fair, but they also want to be timely and considerate of everyone that is involved. That’s what we will do and that’s what I’m excited about looking at. There’s a lot of different things. Now that you have at least a few years to be able to reflect on, it’s all about being able to lean on the right people and try to set things up for consistent and sustained some success.”

    (On how he would evaluate his coaching job this season)
    “I think ultimately we are measured by wins and losses. So, for that, I will never apologize for us not winning enough games to be able to continue to compete afterwards. For that, you feel like you fell short. What I do think was a positive, is that you get measured when you really do have some real adversity. We haven’t had anything, really negatively occur in the first couple of years. I was proud of the team’s consistent approach, and while it was challenging, I think you try to stay consistent. If you as your players and your coaches to be a certain way, I think it’s a great challenge for you to demonstrate those things. It was some ways that I got stretched that you haven’t been before. I do think that it will make me better, and I’ve got to get better. I’m never going to say that I’m doing a perfect job, but I think there is always that constant, ongoing evolution of finding a way to never let complacency set in. I think when you reflect on the entirety of the year, there are some positives that you can pull out of it. Ultimately, my job is to help us win games consistently, play consistently, and I didn’t do a good enough job of that to give us a chance to play afterwards. For that, you feel like you fell short.”

    (On if he is confident that his players are being held to the same accountability that he holds for himself)
    “I think so. What I’m not as worried about is, what’s the outside-in narrative. I see what the accountability that we expect of one another day-to-day, the standards that we set in this building and then, how that, hopefully, leads to consistent play and an ownership. We want extreme ownership from everybody. I’ve seen a lot of accountability from our players. I’ll tell you this too, I stay out of some of the things outside, so I might miss certain things that they might say to you guys. I’m kind of on a need-to-know basis, especially if you don’t want to let it affect the way you go about your business consistently day in and day out. I’ve seen that from the way that they work in this building. That’s what I’m most interested in and I think it’s a great opportunity to continue to pour into one another, learn from it and let it make us better.”

    (On if there are any more contexts that he can give in terms of RB Todd Gurley II and the usage and the productivity from this year)
    “Again, like we’ve talked about, there’s a lot of things that I thought he did a great job of. Then some of the production, whether it be some of the opportunities earlier on in the year when you’re getting a feel and kind of a flow for how we envisioned it working out, if you were going to use Malcolm (Brown) and Darrell (Henderson Jr.) as well. I think you did see a shift where we didn’t consistently run the football well enough as a team. That, obviously, affects your running backs’ production just because of the standard that he’s set over the last couple years. But I did think you saw a change in terms of the involvement where he was playing a lot more snaps since some of those things, probably there was a shift from the Chicago game on, or post Pittsburgh, if you will. I thought he gutted through and showed some really tough play down the stretch. There’s a lot of things that I think we can clean up just with our overall run game production. We’ve been a very productive team running the football for our first two years and if you said, ‘What’s the main difference?’ Even though there was a lot of things over this last month that I thought the offense did that felt more similar to what we did the first couple years, the big thing that stands out is our efficiency running the football and the production that we had. That makes a big difference.”

    (On if there is a confidence level that if he chose to, he could get back to how they were)
    “Oh yeah. That’s part of what…I’m confident in our players. I’m confident in our ability to get better. I think there was a lot of positives you take away. You have a lot of respect for the competition that this league provides from a coaches’ and a players’ standpoint week in and week out. But, no, I’m very confident that we’ll find a way to get some of this stuff fixed.”

    (On the moment after the unsuccessful fake punt attempt)
    “I was upset. There was a little bit of a miscommunication. Those are things that we want to try to avoid. That’s kind of really where I’ll leave it. You saw, I was not happy.”

    (On if the miscommunication on the fake punt attempt affects the special teams coaching staff)
    “No. (Special Team Coordinator) John Fassel is a great football coach. The players respond to him, I have the utmost respect and appreciation for him. One play or one miscommunication will never dictate or determine the way that I look at him or a certain player. But we all care a lot about it. I know he cares too. There was just a little bit of a mix up, miscommunication and ultimately, I’m responsible for it as much as ‘Bones’ is and those are things that we’ll get fixed.”

    (On the offseason coming earlier than he’s used to and how that takes shape over the next few weeks)
    “It’s a little bit different. This is the first time other than last year when it’s a positive problem when you know that’s going to be your last game. These are things that it’s the first time we’ve gone through it. But I would just say the things that you typically have to handle no matter what that’s just on an accelerate schedule. You’ve got a little bit more time to really evaluate your own scheme in addition to studying some things around the league – trends, stuff like that. You still go through your free agency, your draft preparation, your offseason programming – so all those things remain the same. But I would just say the timing at which you can kind of knock some of those things out or get a jump start is a little bit different just because of the unfortunate, the incident that we’re not able to play afterwards.”

    (On if he or the organization has been contacted about assistants interviewing with other teams and if he expects turnover in his staff because of that)
    “We have not, not like what last year. I think there’s a couple guys that may have some interest you know from some colleges but out of respect for the privacy of those places, I don’t want to get into that. I’m always going to be of the approach that you want to try to help guys. I don’t ever want assistants apologizing for being ambitious and wanting to grow and wanting to have their careers if they have the goals of being a head coach or taking the next step, depending upon where they’re at. I don’t think those are things that people should apologize for. I think part of what we want to try to do is help people grow. That’s why I was fortunate enough to get to the role that I got to at a young age because I had so many good people that were willing to help me. I was in a good situation, right timing, right place and a lot of things kind of had fallen into place to work out for that. Don’t anticipate a whole lot of those kind of like what you were asking with what happened last year. But again, usually those kind of conversations and those requests come in today and over the next couple days. We wouldn’t have known that last year either. You see kind of the buzz and if you’re writing if guys are going to be head coaching candidates on Gary Klein’s weekly profile for the L.A. Times, maybe you’ll get some guys requested (laughs).”

    (On the lack of number one draft choices and how that slows down the development of the team)
    “It’s a good question. I don’t want to say that it’s going to slow down or hamper. I think it’s about let’s figure out what’s the best way to put together the best team based on our personnel, some of the things that we have at our disposal to be able to acquire talent. I think what you’ve seen over the last couple of years is that we can get creative. Certainly, the draft picks are a very valuable asset that I think (General Manager) Les (Snead) and his group working in unison with our coaching staff have done a nice job of being able to develop and maximize guys. Those are things that will all continue to take shape as we move forward. We’re excited about that and figuring out what the best version of the Rams looks like from a player standpoint as we try to piece it together.”

    (On everything the offensive line went through and them giving up the fewest sacks in the league and how that happened)
    “Well, I think the players continued to play. I thought the coaches did a great job – a lot of adjusting and adapting on the fly from Coach (Run Game Coordinator Aaron) Kromer, (Offensive Quality Control) Zak Kromer, (Assistant Offensive Line Coach) Andy Dickerson. I think (T) Andrew Whitworth’s leadership, really impressed with (C) Austin Blythe’s command when he took over at playing that center spot. Anytime you just look at that number, sacks are always a reflection of the unit. I think exclusively, in a lot of instances, offensive linemen are not always accurately pegged for the responsibility of sacks. They are certainly very helpful, but I think the quarterback has a huge responsibility, the backs if they’re used in protection, and then the other eligibles separating in the timing and rhythm. In some instances, those guys are even asked to protect. We’ve got receivers that are willing to protect, obviously the tight ends are used. I think it’s a great reflection of the entire unit and their ability to work through some adjusting, some adapting and then ultimately it’s about the players’ execution.”

    in reply to: around the league tweets … 12/30… #109918
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109913
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Lindsey Thiry@LindseyThiry
    Sean McVay says they are still waiting on MRI results for Michael Brockers ankle.

    𝕋𝕠𝕞 – 𝕃𝔸 ℝ𝕒𝕞𝕤@TL_LARams
    Tyler Higbee, last 5 weeks of the season:
    43 catches, 522 yards, 2 TDs

    Travis Kelce: 34 catches, 396 yards, 1 TD
    George Kittle: 33 catches, 383 yards, 2 TD
    Michael Thomas: 45 catches, 483 yards, 3 TDs

    Rich Hammond@Rich_Hammond
    This won’t get widely discussed because it goes against the narrative, but there’s a strong crowd at the Coliseum for a meaningless Week 17 game against a non-interesting opponent.

    Greg Beacham@gregbeacham
    Nobody has contacted the Rams to interview any of Sean McVay’s assistants for bigger coaching jobs this month, McVay says. That’s a bit of a change from the last 2 years.

    Stu Jackson@StuJRams
    #LARams who started all 16 games this season:

    LT Andrew Whitworth
    QB Jared Goff
    DE Michael Brockers
    NT Sebastian Joseph-Day
    DT Aaron Donald
    ILB Cory Littleton
    FS Eric Weddle

    J.B. Long@JB_Long
    If it wasn’t a whole month sample size, I’d never do this. But if you projected [Higbee’s] last 5 games over a 16-game season:

    137 catches | 1,670 yards | 6 TD
    Over 9 yds per target & over 12 yds per reception

    For context, George Kittle’s record-smashing 2018:

    88 catches | 1,377 yards | 5 TDs

    Lindsey Thiry@LindseyThiry
    Andrew Whitworth on how Sean McVay handled the uneven season: “He’s always taking the heat… more people need to carry the load.”

    ==

    in reply to: highlights, ARZ game, & (eventually) play break downs #109912
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109911
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109910
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Cameron DaSilva@camdasilva
    The weird thing about the Rams is they have so much talent still under contract next year that it’s hard to find any positions that need a lot of work (OL/edge could use some help).

    It shouldn’t take much for them to get back in contention in 2020

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109909
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    offensive line issues aside

    Oh great. THAT again.

    “OL issues aside.”

    Criminy. That kind of talk apparently never ends.

    …

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109908
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    from PFF: NFL teams that could make the playoffs in 2020 after missing the postseason in 2019 — https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-four-nfl-teams-that-could-make-the-playoffs-in-2020

    LOS ANGELES RAMS

    This is an interesting case. On the one hand, the Rams don’t have to go very far to reach the playoffs for the third time in four years in 2020. They have a very good head coach and defensive coordinator. They have some of the best talent that the league has to offer in Aaron Donald, Robert Woods, Jalen Ramsey, Cory Littleton and Andrew Whitworth (pending retirement). They have a theoretically easier road as well, facing the relatively weak NFC and AFC Easts in 2020.

    One the other hand, Jared Goff showed significant issues in 2019. After a season in which Goff was a top-10 quarterback in terms of PFF grade, he slipped to 18th in 2019, throwing almost as many interceptions (16) as touchdowns (19) while ranking 22nd in adjusted completion percentage behind players like Mason Rudolph and Drew Lock. The Rams run one of the most unique schemes offensively in all of football, one that used a league-leading play-action rate in neutral situations heading into Week 17, a high amount of outside-zone running plays, an above-average depth of target and light box counts. Receiver injuries and offensive line issues aside, if Goff cannot succeed in those circumstances, the Rams may be in trouble even if the Seattle Seahawks regress and the Arizona Cardinals cannot see a second-year jump for Kyler Murray and Kliff Kingsbury.

    In addition to question marks about Goff, the Rams do not have a first-round pick in the foreseeable future; they also need to sign Jalen Ramsey to an extension, and they already have big contracts dolled out to Todd Gurley, Brandin Cooks, Goff and Dante Fowler. It will take some creativity for the Rams to be good moving forward, but we wouldn’t doubt them.

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109907
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    J.B. Long@JB_Long
    Every season, I’m tempted to abolish “Pro Bowler” from my vocabulary because it’s such a flawed accolade.

    2020 might finally be the year, and Tyler Higbee the reason.

    PFF No. 3 grade (2nd in NFC to Kittle). But votes were in before he played best & most important games.

    Bate™@NoPlanB_
    #LARams TE Tyler Higbee played in 15 games this year. Here’s a look at his season broken into thirds.

    Games 1-5:
    *21 tgts, 16 recs, 154 yds, 9.6 ypc, 1 TD

    Games 6-10:
    * 12 tgts, 10 recs, 58 yds, 5.8 ypc, 0 TD

    Games 11-15:
    * 56 tgts🥇, 43 recs🥇, 522 yds🥇, 12.14 ypc, 2 TD

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109906
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: around the league tweets … 12/30… #109905
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Football Perspective@fbgchase
    Strange but still true: The 6-7 Cowboys have scored more points than the 10-2 Seahawks.

    The 6-7 Cowboys have also allowed fewer points than the 10-2 Seahawks.

    Dallas has also gained more yards than Seattle and allowed fewer yards than Seattle.

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109904
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Sosa K@QBsMVP
    Chris Long @JOEL9ONE had his brother (Kyle Long) on his show, and Kyle said the most success he had in his career was under OL Coach Aaron Kromer.

    …

    Richard Sherman@RSherman_25
    #1 Pass Defense! Feels good! Best season personally. Less than 230 yards given up on the season.

    zn note: making it all the more interesting that the Rams put up 323 yards on them in their place, with 2 TDs (& the one costly INT) and came from behind to tie, all without a running game that day.

    …

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109903
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    LMU93

    6-0– Rams record when Gurley had 16 or more carries (and 3-7 when he didn’t)

    626– number of pass attempts by Goff, which tied Jameis Winston for most in the NFL. It is never a good thing when your QB throws the ball 600+ times….

    2nd– Rams strength of schedule in 2019 according to both TeamRankings.com and Pro-Football-Reference.com

    28th– Rams red zone scoring defense ranking, down from 14th a year ago (by the way the Rams finished 5th in red zone offense)

    37.5– number of sacks by players not named Aaron Donald, up from 20.5 last year.

    One– number of times two Rams have had 90+ catches and 1,100+ receiving yards in the same season (Woods and Kupp in 2019…)

    2– number of games where Brandin Cooks had 5 or more receptions, down from 9 a year ago.

    72.7%– Zuerlein’s FG percentage, lowest of his career. He was 5-of-11 from 40-49 yards after previously being 84% from that distance for his career.

    +30– Rams Points Differential for the season, down from +143 and +149 the past two seasons.

    16.9– Rams points per game allowed in the 13 games other than losses to Tampa, Baltimore and Dallas (where they gave up 48 ppg…)

    in reply to: LA Times article–who has access? #109901
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    bump

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109899
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Stu Jackson@StuJRams
    In his comeback season from last year’s ACL injury, @RamsNFL wide receiver Cooper Kupp:

    • Plays in all 16 games (14 starts)
    • Finishes with the second-most receiving touchdowns among WRs with 10
    • Records his first 1,000-yard receiving season of his career with 1,161

    He makes a strong case for Comeback Player of the Year, in my opinion.

    Lindsey Thiry@LindseyThiry
    Todd Gurley finished the season with a career-low 857 rushing yards. His previous low was 885 rushing yards during the Rams miserable 4-12 season in 2016. (Gurley played 15 games this season, played in all 16 in 2016).

    —

    in reply to: around the league tweets … 12/30… #109898
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Charles Robinson@CharlesRobinson
    #Redskins seem to be 100-percent Ron Rivera, although he’s playing this pretty close to the vest for it seeming to be so far out there. I’d be stunned if it wasn’t Rivera at this point and other teams seem to feel boxed out on him already, like it’s a foregone conclusion.

    As for #Redskins GM search with Allen out of the fold, there will be a big premium on a candidate’s belief in Dwayne Haskins. Dan Snyder is sold on Haskins being the centerpiece of the org and wants someone who shares that vision + brings a plan on how to build around Haskins.

    Bruce Allen is completely out because there were clear signs that quality GM candidates wouldn’t commit with him being under the roof in any capacity. I think Dan Snyder would have liked to keep him in the fold for stadium purposes, but it wasn’t going to work.

    in reply to: around the league tweets … 12/30… #109896
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Tony Dungy@TonyDungy
    Still shaking my head at non-Pass Interference call in the last minute of the 49ers-Seahawks game. NFL Office put us through a season of inconsistent reversals but this is what the rule was supposed to fix-missed call that impacted playoff spots of 4 teams. Why have review??

    …

    in reply to: highlights, ARZ game, & (eventually) play break downs #109893
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    One of my favorite plays, 4:17 in on that highlights vid–Goff evades the rush and makes a great throw on the run to Woods.

    in reply to: highlights, ARZ game, & (eventually) play break downs #109890
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    in reply to: tweets … 12/30 & 12/31 #109888
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    J.B. Long@JB_Long
    Jared Goff in December 2019:
    7.8 AY/A 5.1%TD 1.9%INT

    Pro Bowl Years 2017-18:
    8.5 AY/A 5.8%TD 1.8%INT

    Season-wide perspective: #LARams were 4-0 when Goff was turnover-free. 5-7 all others.

    Also worth noting only 1 fumble (and 0 lost) after PIT in Week 10.

    in reply to: reporters on the ARZ game #109879
    Avatar photozn
    Moderator

    Lindsey Thiry@LindseyThiry
    Rams TE Tyler Higbee fell 16 yards short today of becoming the first tight end to have five straight games with at least 100 receiving yard in NFL history.

    Nevertheless, a great month of December and a bright spot for the Rams moving forward.

    Rams CB Nickell Robey-Coleman on Wade Phillips: “I love Wade. I love his scheme, I love everything about Wade. He always treated me with respect… Only got a number of great things to say about Wade.”

    Rams OLB Dante Fowler on Wade Phillips, whose future with the Rams is uncertain: “Growing up as a kid, I was like 9-10 years old and I wanted him to be my DC… not going to like it if they do do it, but it’s part of the game. He left a huge legacy so he’ll be good forever.”

    J.B. Long@JB_Long
    🔹Awesome bounce-back by Taylor Rapp (fumble recovery, INT).
    🔹You can never have too many corners, and this organization has some great options in Ramsey/Hill/NRC/Williams/Long.
    🔹Can’t tell me McVay/Goff didn’t want Woods to get a TD tonight. He earned it in 2019. Very fitting.

    Darious Williams’ hands are way too good to be on the bench in the NFL again. Second INT in as many weeks.

Viewing 30 posts - 23,251 through 23,280 (of 48,169 total)