Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
wvParticipantI’m not the least bit concerned about Goff. I saw enough in preseason to be fine with that pick.
I dont like to talk about fans (posters) much, but lets just say
many of them often rush to judgment about all kinds of things.1/16th of the season is gone. 15/16ths to go.
w
vSeptember 16, 2016 at 12:42 pm in reply to: Trees are intelligent, have emotions and tree friends #53080
wvParticipantExcellent questions raised by that article.
w
v
wvParticipantWhat? You mean you think Keenum really didn’t mean he was seeing actual ghosts? Based on what? We have his direct quote.
To you sir I say balderdash and poppycock.
—————-
Yeah, just because zn doesn’t believe in ghosts, doesn’t mean
Keenum didn’t see one, floating around in the intermediate zones.
Frankly, if you look closely at the highlight vid — the one where Keenum is getting buried by pass rushers — way off to the side, almost out of the screen…if you look close…you can see a green monkey. Glaring. And laughing.w
vSeptember 15, 2016 at 4:39 pm in reply to: Keyshawn Johnson: "Fisher was forced to draft Goff" #53015
wvParticipantI believe Goff was an LA marketing decision, not a football decision. Others are free to believe different.
—————
Really? You think a coach on the hot-seat, who has already been burned by an owner forcing a QB on him would take a rookie QB just for marketing reasons?
I dont see Fisher or Kronky that way, myself. And…for starters, this idea that Goff is some sort of ‘golden boy’ and Wentz is a ‘farm boy’ thing, doesn’t resonate with me. I mean, I’ve watched Goff on the interview vids and he strikes me as about as bland as they come. Wentz actually seems more lively to me.
At any rate, what about all the experts that evaluated Goff and the other QBs and concluded Goff was the special one ? They had no reason to be influenced by ‘marketing’.
I just think Fisher saw something special in Goff. Ya know. Like with Brian Quick 🙂
w
v
wvParticipantThat calls for the uncola.
——————-
Damn. I’d never seen that before. Cool.
…i was not expecting ‘hippie stuff’ from you, bnw. Good work.
I may have to reevaluate and revisit my mental-picture of what you look like
w
v
wvParticipantOK but how many of those offenses also had a good passing attack? Probably all of those teams did. One dimensional offenses don’t win today.
—————
Well, the Rams run a zero-dimensional offense, right now.
They dont even have one dimension.
They are undimensional.
Even quantum physicists dont understand NO-dimensional offenses.
w
v
wvParticipant28 to nothing. Jeezus H christ.
28
to
Nothing.w
vTEN punts!
10 punts, and 2 interceptions.
Remember when we were laughing because the Rams didn’t need to waste a roster spot with a punter?
———
Ten Punts and Two INTs — AND 49er PLAYERS complaining that they “thought the Rams would play better.”
And this was the OPENER. Fisher had all that time to study, think, develop a plan, prepare….
28 to Zero.
Against Gabbert.
With everyone healthy.
Winter is coming.
w
vSeptember 15, 2016 at 10:30 am in reply to: Informal poll… will the Rams rebound against Seattle? #52990
wvParticipantI just have no idea. At all. No hunch of any kind.
I don’t recall ever being completely baffled like this before. I feel like I just came out of a coma after 15 years, and I’m being told the Rams are playing, and I don’t know a single player.
But as inexplicable as that first game was, I do know that the Rams aren’t that bad. They just aren’t. So I guess if by “rebound,” we mean “play better,” yes, I expect we will see more of a fight. Whether or not that “fight” lasts four quarters, I have no guess.
————-
Ditto Zooey
We will know more after 2/16ths of the season is over.
But really, 3/16ths…will…tell us even more.
0 and 3 = very bad
I hope i haven’t confused Ag with my complex algebra.
w
vSeptember 15, 2016 at 10:08 am in reply to: Keyshawn Johnson: "Fisher was forced to draft Goff" #52985
wvParticipantSorry Mike, however you justify it, it is only hearsay. I think Fisher will lie to anybody.
———–
I dunno, but I believe Silver. Even though he’s a F.O.F.
I dont think Kronky gets involved with personnel issues on the football team. I think Kronky leaves that to the people he hires.
Kronky gets involved in billion dollar real estate bizness. I dont think he gives a shit about who the Rams draft.
(I ‘do’ think Kronky wants to ‘win’ and all, but i dont think he interferes in personnel decisions)He just doesnt strike me as a Jerry Jones type.
w
v
wvParticipantYou’re being hyperskeptical. We’ve seen enough games to know that Scientology is true.
Assuming, of course, that its major human rights abuses were just due to injuries.
————-
Keyshawn has clearly, and indisputably Tweeted
that you and Nittany AND Mike Silver were forced
to defend Scientology.Moreover, Clayton and other really important people,
have tweeted that it was Kronky himself who wanted a scientologist QB,
who would stir up interest in California — but the ‘equipment manager’
who actually runs the entire corporotacracy nixed the idea, for unknown reasons.28 to nothing. Jeezus H christ.
28
to
Nothing.w
v
wvParticipant
wvParticipantI got no opinion on anything
till i see a couple more games.That goes for all issues, btw. Race, gender, politics, Game of Thrones,
The Kardashians, Global Warming, Scientology, Monsanto, Zooey’s dummer Brother, Wood Stoves, Vaccinations, False Flags, Jesus, Concussions,
Electric Football, Raisin Toast, Terrorism, tapirs…..doesnt matter. I have no opinion until i see a couple more games.w
v
wvParticipantI’d say that was a 28 to nuthin, beat-down, right there.
w
v
wvParticipantI doubt if Obama has the goodness in his soul
to do something like that, to be honest.He seems much more interested in blowing up innocent
people with his drone machines.w
vSeptember 14, 2016 at 7:45 pm in reply to: Keyshawn Johnson: "Fisher was forced to draft Goff" #52918
wvParticipant.. Then, and only then did they take the strawberries… er I mean draft Goff.
Let him sit until he’s ready – like a nice strawberry-rhubarb pie…
———————-
That’s just crazy talk. Do you even watch football? Goff is obviously
like a fine October pumpkin pie.Mannion is a strawberry-rhubarb pie.
Keenum is brown sugar cinnamon poptart.
Now dont make me school you again.
w
v
wvParticipantVote for the Lying Neoliberal Warmonger
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=767&Itemid=74&jumival=17103September 14, 2016 at 3:44 pm in reply to: 49ers could tell by alignment exactly what the Rams route tree was #52877
wvParticipantSo…..the 9ers defense figured out the Rams offense before Jared Goff?
Line of the year. You win the Internet.
—————-
Yes, great line. Indeed.
But I also liked:
“Fuck me…start Mannion this week.”
Ozonerangerbtw, what the heck is an ‘ozoneranger‘ ?
I don’t understand that name. I mean, you have
‘Ozoner’ and ‘anger’ — what does it mean??w
vSeptember 14, 2016 at 1:29 pm in reply to: Scientific American asks Stein, 2 bozos and a no show questions #52871
wvParticipantJill’s answers were good.
sigh
w
vSeptember 14, 2016 at 1:00 pm in reply to: 49ers could tell by alignment exactly what the Rams route tree was #52864
wvParticipant“…One 49ers player told Wyche that San Francisco’s defense could tell by alignment and backfield motion after the snap exactly what the Rams route tree was..”
————-
“We came out expecting the Rams to play better than they did,”
49ers’ NaVorro Bowman.————–
It just gets funnier and funnier, don’t it.
w
v
wvParticipantThis made me laugh.
I mean, this is from an opposing player.
I dont even know what to say about this. I mean, he almost sounds disappointed :
“We came out expecting the Rams to play better than they did,”
49ers’ NaVorro Bowman.
wvParticipantit’s only one game but you would expect them to by now to not keep making the same mistakes.
it’s always excuses with this team.
on the other hand i’m wary of changing coaches at this time. regime changes and qb development do not go hand in hand especially of they try to bring an offensive guy in, and he decides the whole offense needs to be scrapped and bring in a new system.
it’s tough. at this point i’m still inclined to give fisher until the new stadium goes up. that should be sufficient time for goff to establish himself. after that changing coaches shouldn’t be as much of a problem.
————–
I really dont think anyone is making excuses for THAT one game performance, Invader.
On Monday night against SF, they were dreadful. Execrable… grody, even.
Here, there’s even more words here: http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/horrible?s=t
wvParticipantI agree with Zooey, the stench of this game was about as bad
as a giant pile of steaming dragon-poop.And if this kind of performance continues I will call for Fisher
to be paraded through the streets naked, while throngs of angry ram fans
chant “Shame! Shame!” and throw rotten fruit at him.As of game one-of-sixteen, things suck.
But 15 sixteenths of a season remain.
Is Winter coming?
w
v
wvParticipantSometimes I think these guys don’t even know what they’re protesting. Just kinda going with whatever someone else is doing because it will elevate them to the class of rebel. I don’t know how much of this discussion is tolerated here, so I’ll just say that these numbnuts have no idea what oppression is. Women who get stoned to death for dating someone they think is cute? That’s oppression. Women prohibited from showing their faces? That’s oppression. Children brainwashed into martyring themselves? That’s oppression. African Americans led by an African American President? That’s not oppression. The Media tricking these guys into believing that there’s oppression? That’s the real crime.
—————
Well, I think i understand where you are coming from X,
but I disagree in general.I mean, you can always find something ‘worse’ to point to, and then say “Oppression? Why hundreds of years ago, Native peoples were genocided by the millions, so what do these young folks know about oppression?” Or, “Oppression? why Idi Amin used to eat dissenters for lunch, what do these people know about oppression?”
You can always find ugier examples of oppression. But ya know, in this country, ya protest and work for justice wherever you want. You pick an issue that means somethin to ya, and you work for justice. So, i applaud anybody who picks any social-justice-cause and works for it.
And yes, a lot of times, young people dont really understand issues as well as people who have studied issues longer. But sometimes they know exactly what they are doing. I dunno what Britt and Quinn know or dont know.
The other board is probly better if yall wanna go into this. Though on this board we can usually handle stuff on either board without getting too ‘heated’. I mean, itz sports and itz politix both.
Always always good to see the X-man on either board.
What the hell happened in San Fran, btw? What ‘was’ that?
w
v-
This reply was modified 10 years ago by
wv.
wvParticipantI thought the guard play was surprisingly bad. They couldn’t anchor against the bull rush and they couldn’t get outside on screens and runs around the ends when they had to pull.
I thought Joyner struggled. Sensabaugh had decent position sometimes but still gave up plays.
Cam Thomas is an enormous man, but he gets pushed around easily.
Kudos to Kenny Britt for being the only average player on offense last night.
Hekker is in mid season form. I’m glad that he’s a Ram.
Quinn needs some time before he’s in game shape.
I understand some fans calls for Goff to play immediately, but I would rather the Rams wait until the offense settles down a bit.
Lots of other stuff, but I’m working on memory and I don’t want to rewatch the game.
—————-
Last time I remember a 28-0 score against the Rams
was a Playoff game against Dallas.Ugly, ugly memory. Cause that was a good team the rams had.
So, is the season over, boys?
Or can they slowly, claw their way back. Maybe go 2-3 and claw there way back with a coupla ugly wins. Maybe get things going in November. Yes? No? Fire fisher? Move back to Cleveland?
w
v
wvParticipantI was hoping for 8 wins this year. But, it looks like we are going to gift the Browns with a high draft choice next year.
——
I dunno. Fisher has always had a way of coming back after
games like this. We’ll see how they play at home. They have to win their home games.1 Mon, Sep 12 @ San Francisco 0-28 L
2 Sun, Sep 18 Seattle 4:05 PM ET
3 Sun, Sep 25 @ Tampa Bay 4:05 PM ET
4 Sun, Oct 02 @ Arizona 4:25 PM ET
5 Sun, Oct 09 Buffalo 4:25 PM ET
wvParticipantWell….awful as it was, one game is one game.
I’ll have to see a couple more games.
I mean, it could be all the distractions of the move,
and hard knocks, and all that, affected them. Could be
that Fisher just got outcoached. I dunno yet.w
v
wvParticipantWell…I like Mike Groh. Thats all i got.
wvParticipant—-
————
wvParticipantI wonder how many protesters walked out there to protest?
————
Well its a fair question, but its also fair to ask how is one supposed
to be totally ‘pure’ in all actions when one is born into a corporotacracy.
I mean, I have no problem with progressives picking out some major issues and fighting for them, while still having cars, or watching pro football on televisions, etc. Its ‘almost’ impossible to be a saint today. So, i don’t have a problem with non-saints protesting the big issues of the day.w
v
wvParticipantI may be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time, but something is up and Wikileaks could bring a major turnabout in this election.
————-
Well, it would take something really big, to derail Hillary, imho.
What supreme court issues do you care about most? (if u answer i promise no pedantic lectures or arguing 🙂 )
(I mainly care about one at this point — corporate personhood. And Hillary’s appointee would probably be slightly better on that issue than Trumps.)w
v -
This reply was modified 10 years ago by
-
AuthorPosts

