Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 6,661 through 6,690 (of 12,945 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Curious what your thoughts are on this: #83176
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Armed teachers. That’s totally insane..

    Well I think the pro-armers are thinking it would be a deterrent.

    I dont think it would be, but even if it were a deterrent, wouldnt the shooter just go elsewhere to shoot people? A church or a library or wherever?

    I suppose the next step would be to arm church-goers and libraries….once you start down that policy of arming teachers, you have to arm pretty-much everyone. Which is what the NRA and gun-sellers want, i guess.

    What if a hospital gets shot up? Arm the patients? The nurses?

    What if Seaworld gets shot up? Arm the Orcas?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Curious what your thoughts are on this: #83168
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    My response to that is the the empowerment of owning a gun is a response to the fear, and their response to a hostile world.

    ============

    Definitely.

    As noted by others, many countries have lots of guns, but not as much gun-violence. So I guess in those other gun-toting-nations, people just
    dont have as much fear. Maybe their world is less ‘hostile.’

    w
    v

    in reply to: February general draft topic thread #83147
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well if they dont pick an LT, and Whitworth goes down what will they do?

    I suppose move Saffold to LT and scrounge for a guard to replace Saffold.

    Maybe it works, i dunno.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    That being said, I would… Pay Tru. You could have a “Broncos/Seattle type secondary. What a defense this could be.

    —————————–

    It ‘would’ be great to have Tru and Peters.

    Then you just sign Quinn and ADonald. And draft a great Pass-rusher…and…wow.

    Then again, there’s still that LT situation. The one situation that
    could wreck the whole season.

    w
    v

    in reply to: what is the compensation for Peters? #83123
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well if thats the deal I like it a lot.

    Though I’d like to know what the ‘condition’ is for the third rounder next year.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Curious what your thoughts are on this: #83121
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    PS- …back to teachers and guns….I was thinking in the car today…Lets say Trump were to push through his idea that teachers who get gun training should get raises etc….and lets say Teachers start carrying guns routinely…..over the long haul…would that have an effect on the KIND of people who want to become teachers?
    Would youngsters who go into elementary ed be more likely to be males now? Would they be more like young people who want to be cops? Would the teacher-culture kinda change?

    w
    v

    in reply to: Curious what your thoughts are on this: #83120
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    But that isn’t the part of the post I was interested in getting feedback on because years of experience with emerging writers has already convinced me of that part of it.

    What interests me is this idea that guns themselves are so intractably part of a person’s identity that “gun nuts” are actually incapable of holding an open conversation about guns. Guns are an extension of Self for a large number of Americans. .

    ——————-

    Well that has simply not been my experience here in WV. And i talk to gun-lovers all the time. Every day, really. White, male, law-enforcement folks, hunters, survivalists, etc.

    And i just dont see the “guns as part of Identity” thing. I always think that sounds like a liberal, academic description of somethin I aint never really met.

    What i ‘do’ see is what i already noted — fear. People with real fears of brutality, rape, humiliation, bullying, chaos, government-collapse… and of course fears of Alex-Jones-type-paranoid-government-domination.

    I ‘dont’ see Guns as “part of anyone’s Identity”. Thats just not what the real appalachian folks seem like when I talk to em.

    I dunno though. Maybe i just dont really understand the identity thing.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Thomas Frank on Russian bots, etc. #83103
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Also, in a related angle:

    I think too much of the critique regarding the existence of media’s focus on Russia-gate overlooks another obvious fact…The GOP and Trump run the entire show…

    ====================

    Well, If you are saying Trump is a narcisstic dangerous lying surreal-nightmare,
    i agree.

    I’m less interested in ‘that’ these days, than the question
    of what Trump ‘means.’ I mean the voters have gone from electing Franklin Roosevelt to Donald Trump. I dunno what that means. But i will think about it till i die.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Thomas Frank on Russian bots, etc. #83102
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    When you get the time… How is the system taking advantage of this? Do you see it as a similar opportunity to 9/11 and Bush and company’s exploitation of that?

    ============

    Yes. I think its just like the 9/11 thing — yes, the US was attacked…but the system ‘used’ the incident to do all kinds of hideous things, from war, to Patriot Act, to McCarthy-izms galore, etc.

    I see the same thing happening with russia-gate. I mean even after 9-11 the corporate-internet didnt suppress TruthDig.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Florida school shooting #83056
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    =============

    Ha. Good one.

    Context. I like it.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Florida school shooting #83054
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I don’t know how the gun lobby has succeeded in convincing so many people it isn’t the guns.
    .

    =======================

    Well, i dont have the answers and i dont know all the various reasons so many americans want/need various kinds of guns. But i dont think i need to tell you, ‘part’ of the psychology here is simply – fear. Fear of ‘crime,’ fear of gangs, fear of rapists, fear of humiliation, fear of bullies, fear of crumbling american system, fear of government…

    Some of those fears are kinda justified and some are wacko. There’s a spectrum of fear.

    Many west virginians just do…not…trust…the government to make the call as to who gets guns and who doesnt. And they know that a gazillion guns are ALREADY on the street — so they want guns to protect themselves from the guns that are ALREADY out there. Its kindof a catch22 or 23 or somethin. If there werent so many guns out there, they wouldnt feel the need to have more guns themselves.

    In WV they dont just want guns btw. They want bullet proof vests too. You see those a lot around here 🙂

    w
    v

    in reply to: Florida school shooting #83053
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    So, wv, how do you explain why jerks with guns never shoot up a police station?

    ————–

    Because the police have lots of trained shooters with lots of weapons, i would think.

    Believe it or not, NM, giving teachers guns and gun-training doesnt really concern me one way or the other. It might help in some cases, and it might lead to more deaths in other cases (kids grabbing guns, teachers with mental breakdowns, etc).

    But i still think — though its a bandaid reform, and it wont ‘solve’ the problem — its a good idea make it harder for anyone convicted of domestic abuse to get weapons. And its a good idea to make it harder for people found mentally incompetent to get guns. And its a good idea to make it harder for people to get automatic weapons or to get clips with large capacities.

    Just seems sensible to me. Small reforms. Tinkering. Might save fifty lives or so a year. Sigh.

    I also think the speed limits should be dropped. Probly save a lot more lives that way.

    The american gun issue isnt really my thing. I’m more interested in all the ‘quiet’ ways the American system kills poor people at home, and all the violent ways the american system kills brown people abroad.

    Hope you are doing well, my friend.

    w
    v

    in reply to: How's it going, Ag? & belated congrats #83052
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Eat raisin toast. And more pie.

    That should do it.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Obviously, young Mr McV thinks he can handle the head-issues.

    We shall see.

    I aint seen too many players outgrow that ‘over-the-top-Emotionism’ thing.
    Usually ya just gotta work around it. ‘Manage’ it.

    w
    v

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    ============

    La Ram

    A number of things at play here:

    – Teams don’t trade young all-pro corners in today’s game
    – I think Peters has created more turnovers than any player in the league over the last several years
    – What kind of value must that type of player carry?
    – What will the Rams sacrifice in players, draft picks and salary?
    – He’s a headcase who can be a disruption in the clubhouse and during games

    Not sure how I feel about this!
    ============

    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I dont know anything about this CB. Is he as good as Tru? Better? Different?

    Does this mean Tru is gone?

    I read somewhere the Rams might be giving up a first round pick for him. ??

    w
    v

    in reply to: Florida school shooting #83033
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Gun sales after the shooting.

    sales:https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/local/2018/02/21/increasing-ar-15-sales-lee-county-typical-after-high-profile-mass-shootings/360300002/

    The AR-15 sat on the glass counter before being cradled in the arms of David Brady, a Cape Coral resident and retired law enforcement officer from El Paso, Texas.

    Brady studied the rifle, the same classification of weapon used in the deaths of 17 teenaged students and teachers Feb. 14 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. After about 45 minutes of examining and discussing the rifle Tuesday at Guns 4 Less off Del Prado Boulevard in Cape Coral, Brady filled out the background check form, passed the background check phoned in by the store’s co-owner and then signed off on his credit card purchase. He planned on picking up the rifle the next day, although under Lee County law, he could have taken it home with him then and there.

    In Lee County, gun buyers without a conceal and carry permit must wait three business days after passing a background check before taking home a handgun but zero days before bringing home a rifle. An AR-15 starts at $500 and runs up to $1,500-$2,000 for a higher end model.

    More: Florida school shooting: U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson calls for more gun laws

    More: Students report anti-gun protests at Naples High School and Barron Collier High School

    The difference in the waiting period sounded crazy on the surface given the recent, high-profile shootings committed by the AR-15, said gun store co-owner Craig Scully, but it reflected reality.

    “I’ve been wanting one for years,” said Brady, who had been around the weapons as a member of the El Paso County Sheriff Department, from which he retired in 2012. He and his wife now work in trucking. “Honestly, I think this last shooting pushed me to finally do it.”
    Anecdotal evidence suggested gun sales soar immediately after high-profile shootings like Parkland, Oct. 1 in Las Vegas, June 12, 2016 at Pulse nightclub in Orlando and especially after Dec. 14, 2012 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, where 20 children between ages 6 and 7 were killed.

    The irony of Brady’s timing is that he bought his AR-15 as a reaction to the potential for gun laws changing – and that he favors some changes.

    “I don’t know what the answer is,” Brady said. “The last two big shootings, Vegas and Florida, the guns were purchased legally. Maybe we have to start screening for mental health. We’ve got to do a better job of screening the people who have mental health issues before they can obtain weapons. There are a few things I would not be opposed to. I am not in favor of banning the weapons altogether, because that’s not a solution to the problem.”

    More: Brent Batten: National debate will never be as simple as sons or guns

    More: Florida school shooting survivors en route to talk guns, mental health with legislators

    Scully, who has co-owned the store for six years, also wouldn’t be against gun law changes. But banning the AR-15 outright, he said, would be like banning SUVs in the crusade against drunk driving. It wouldn’t solve the problem. The store sells about 200 AR-15s per year, Scully said, but the vast majority of the store’s sales are handguns.

    “I think it’s the most popular rifle in the country as far as sales go,” Scully said of the AR-15. “The bolt action guns have more recoil and are much more powerful. The AR-15, it’s much more comfortable to shoot.

    “Any time people go on TV and start talking about gun control or banning this, banning that, what they’re really saying is, ‘Go out and buy one right away.’ It’s not like people are lining out the door, but we’ve sold a few extras in the past week.”

    AR-15-style rifles have been used in multiple mass shootings in recent years, including the high school shooting in Parkland, Florida. See why. USA TODAY

    At Shooters Guns & Ammo off Hanson Street in Fort Myers, store owner Cody Collins expressed his disgust with mainstream media outlets calling the AR-15 an “assault weapon.” He made a fist and said it could be considered an assault weapon if he threw a punch with it.

    “The little weapon on my hip could be an assault weapon if I come after you with it,” Collins said. “If you don’t want one now, you will, because the world is getting nuttier and nuttier all the time.”

    The AR in AR-15 stands for Armalite rifle, not “assault rifle.” It references a brand of gun but has come to mean a classification of the rifles with a common interface.

    Collins, 67 and a 1971 graduate of Fort Myers High School, has owned the gun shop for about five years. He did not favor any gun law changes. He viewed guns as a sport like archery, throwing darts or baseball.

    “There should be fewer laws on everything,” Collins said. “How’s anyone going to know when you snap? How is anyone going to know?”

    Down the street at Wet Dreams Custom Shop, a consignment gun store, manager Phil Francisco, 31 and a 2004 Mariner High School graduate, said he would be in favor of some gun law changes. But he doubted Democrats and Republicans could compromise on anything in the current political climate.

    “I’m not a legislator,” Francisco said. “Do I believe there is room for improvement? Yes. Both sides of the argument have valid points, and both sides of the argument are equally ridiculous as the other.”

    More: Video of gun owner destroying AR-15 goes viral

    More: Why the AR-15 keeps appearing at America’s deadliest mass shootings

    More: What Florida law says about gun ownership

    Politicians talking about enacting tougher gun laws could spur sales, he said, but they haven’t in the past week at his store.

    “Obama was one of the best salesmen we’ve ever had,” Francisco said of the former president, who cut short a visit to Fort Myers on July 20, 2012, following a mass shooting in Aurora, Colorado during a midnight showing of “The Dark Knight Rises”. Twelve people were murdered and 70 injured. James Holmes was convicted of the crimes. He used an AR-15, a shotgun and at least one of two handguns.

    “We don’t get a run on guns unless there’s going to be a perceived scarcity in the market,” Francisco said.

    Increasing security at schools and improving background checks to search for mental illnesses are two favored forms of solutions to mass shootings from the gun store owners.

    “Nobody, especially gun store owners, wants these in the wrong hands,” Scully said.

    Connect with this reporter: David Dorsey (Facebook), @DavidADorsey (Twitter).

    w
    v

    in reply to: Nixon: "you know what happened to the Greeks.." #83031
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Nixon: “you know what happened to the Greeks..”

    They were eventually defeated by a gay Macedonian.
    ”

    LoL.

    Well there ya go.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Thomas Frank on Russian bots, etc. #83030
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well so far, what “I” see is this — the russia-thing is being ‘used’ by the ‘system’ to:

    1) Ignite and ratchet up a new cold-war. (for all the usual imperial reasons)

    2) Suppress dissent. Note Facebook and googles suppression of ‘dangerous fake news’ sites like TruthDig and RT and World Socialist Website and Alternet, etc etc.

    I kinda look at this national discussion as encompassing two things:
    1) What did ‘russia’ actually do. (and there’s lots of debate on that, and levels of proof, and who do we trust, and context, etc)

    2) No matter WTF russia actually did — how is the system USING this issue?

    The second part concerns me a lot more than the first part.

    w
    v

    in reply to: Curious what your thoughts are on this: #83027
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think its a mistake for teachers to avoid difficult topics. I mean where does ‘that’ lead?

    There’s a little building close to my house. Its a local, public, ‘Art’ community building. And they have a new art exhibit every month. Usually local artists’ paintings on this or that theme. Like say, an exhibit on ‘the beauty of WV’ or ‘diversity in WV’ or ‘dogs of WV’ or ‘remembering David Bowie’, or ‘WV students against Landmines’ etc.

    They do ‘safe’ topics. Relatively safe. I mean who is against landmine removal? Ya know.

    But they avoid really divisive issues, like guns or abortion. They might lose patrons. They might lose donations. So they stick to dogs, pretty trees, and landmine removal.

    I dont think it helps to avoid the difficult issues. Granted, issues like guns or abortion are gonna lead to some awful papers reflecting some awful american values and notions. Educa-shun aint easy. It aint for the faint of heart. 🙂

    w
    v

    • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Avatar photowv.
    in reply to: Florida school shooting #83005
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    in reply to: Rams Sign OT Michael Dunn #82997
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Couldnt hurt.

    CBS had him as the 37th ranked OT in 2017.
    fwiw:http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bal-former-maryland-walk-on-offensive-lineman-michael-dunn-signs-with-rams-20170616-story.html

    “…Dunn, rated the No. 37 offensive tackle prospect in the 2017 draft class by CBS Sports, knew it probably would be a while until he heard from an interested NFL team.

    “Knowing my projection as a Day 3 guy or undrafted free-agent guy, I know I’ll be somewhere come August,” Dunn told Glenn Clark Radio in March. “I’ve already been in a place where I’ve had zero expectation for me and I’ve proved everybody wrong. I’m confident enough in my abilities that I can do the same thing all over again.”
    ===

    w
    v

    in reply to: MSNBC on Jill Stein and the Russians… #82994
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    A quote I came across today, fwiw. When i see what the MSM/Goverment is doing these days regarding russia…this is the quote i think about:

    “…Chomsky explored the laser-like focus many intellectuals had for the crimes of opposite states in his 1992 book Deterring Democracy. ‘Fame, Fortune and Respect await those who reveal the crimes of official enemies,’ he noted, while ‘those who undertake the vastly more important task of raising a mirror to their own societies can expect quite different treatment.’…”

    in reply to: MSNBC on Jill Stein and the Russians… #82993
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think, instead, that there’s a type of hypocrisy that consists NOT acknowledging the Russia thing.

    I am never guilt-tripped by the “we did it too” routine. Yeah I know, and I spent time in the 80s for example drawing attention to all that. Iran, Chile, El Salvador, Nicaragua….

    I still abide by this take:

    . https://www.salon.com/2015/04/06/we_should_recognize_that_there_are_other_imperialisms_a_marxist_dissident_explains_what_the_left_gets_wrong_about_russia/

    For the American left, of course for them only American imperialism exists, yes? I can’t understand it. . . . In Russia, there are a lot of leftists who also believe that Russia is the main evil in the world, it’s a reactionary empire, and it should be destroyed. Or, at the same time, you have a lot of leftists who believe somehow Russia is resisting American imperialism [and] who support these “republics” in the East of Ukraine.

    But you have a huge provincialization of the left as a whole because they can’t even understand each other and every leftist community, they believe in their own national reality. And that’s why they can be so easily manipulated.

    I’m a bit confused by the focus on hypocrisy as well in this case, and what they want us to do to rid the land of that. Or, is it their view that it can never be purged? That would be my guess, given the history of our imperialism. But if they do think we can gain a kind of redemption of sorts, if we just shut up about Russia, I’d really like to know who would benefit from this, aside from the people who feel the tug of guilt in this case. The vast majority of the nation doesn’t, and I can’t see how shutting up about Russia makes one single life better here.

    Will it help the working class, the poor, minorities, women? Will it help the planet? No. Not in the slightest. Shutting up about Russia means we’re very likely to get hacked again, including voting registration databases, and maybe this time they’ll alter things instead of just looking around. Shutting up about Russia means we’re likely to see an even greater influx of bots and fake news in our social media systems, and even more attempts to stir up racial tensions, white supremacist groups, alt-right gun nut groups, etc. etc.

    Frankly, I’m not worried about tensions with Russia due to the probe and any kind of focus on what they’ve done and will do. But I am worried about tensions here as a result of what they’ve done and will do. America and Russia aren’t going to go to war. They weren’t going to go to war if Clinton had won, either. Why? Cuz, unlike other nations Trump has threatened militarily — Venezuela, Mexico, Yemen, Syria, Iran, North Korea — we understand that Russia/America are locked in a guaranteed mutual destruction scenario. It aint gonna happen.

    Again, I think the use of the word “hysteria” is misplaced in this case. IMO, it’s in the narrative that says if we don’t stop talking about Russian interference, we’re going to have WWIII. Frankly, I’m betting Putin couldn’t care less about the probe and the “focus” on his machinations here and in Europe. He probably even likes the attention.

    ================

    I dont think its about “shutting up about russia”.

    I think its about two things:

    1) PROVING the case against russia. (and i dont think ‘much’ has been PROVEN)

    2) Putting the russian-thing IN CONTEXT.
    Ie, think about Rachel Maddow. She goes on and on and on and on about the Russia thing. Hillary calls it a ‘cyber-9-11’. Politicians call it a “Pearl Harbor” and “an act of war”. Etc.
    And yet not a PEEP about the billions and billions spent over the decades BY the US on SERIOUS interference in other nations Politix. WAAAY more serious than blog posts and facebook ads.

    It surprises we dont agree on this, but its no big deal 🙂

    …I’m real inter ested in this ‘issue’ for whatever reason. I’ll move on eventually. Just ignore me 🙂

    Greenwald fwiw:https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/a-consensus-emerges/

    “…in the U.S., something of a consensus has arisen in the political and media class (with some notable exceptions) that these actions not only constitute an “act of war” against the U.S., but one so grave that it is tantamount to Pearl Harbor and 9/11. Indeed, that Russia’s alleged “meddling” is comparable to the two most devastating attacks in U.S. history has, overnight, become a virtual cliché.

    The claim that Russian meddling in the election is “an act of war” comparable to these events isn’t brand new. Senators from both parties, such as Republican John McCain and Democrat Jeanne Shaheen, have long described Russian meddling in 2016 as an “act of war.” Hillary Clinton, while promoting her book last October, described Russia’s alleged hacking of the DNC and John Podesta’s email inbox as a “cyber 9/11.” And last February, the always-war-hungry Tom Friedman of the New York Times said on Morning Joe that Russian hacking “was a 9/11 scale event. They attacked the core of our democracy. That was a Pearl Harbor scale event.”…see link

    w
    v

    in reply to: MSNBC on Jill Stein and the Russians… #82992
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    I think, instead, that there’s a type of hypocrisy that consists NOT acknowledging the Russia thing.

    I am never guilt-tripped by the “we did it too” routine. Yeah I know, and I spent time in the 80s for example drawing attention to all that. Iran, Chile, El Salvador, Nicaragua….

    I still abide by this take:

    . https://www.salon.com/2015/04/06/we_should_recognize_that_there_are_other_imperialisms_a_marxist_dissident_explains_what_the_left_gets_wrong_about_russia/

    For the American left, of course for them only American imperialism exists, yes? I can’t understand it. . . . In Russia, there are a lot of leftists who also believe that Russia is the main evil in the world, it’s a reactionary empire, and it should be destroyed. Or, at the same time, you have a lot of leftists who believe somehow Russia is resisting American imperialism [and] who support these “republics” in the East of Ukraine.

    But you have a huge provincialization of the left as a whole because they can’t even understand each other and every leftist community, they believe in their own national reality. And that’s why they can be so easily manipulated.

    =============

    Well, I’m glad you are not “guilt tripped” but i dont know anyone who is trying to “guilt trip” you. I mean this has zero to do with ‘guilt tripping’. Thats the kind of thing “X” said when we brought up racism and stuff.

    Its not about “guilt tripping” — its about hypocrisy. (not ‘yours) The hypocrisy of the MSM and the US Government. There is a concerted, conscious Media-Blitzkrieg going on over the ‘russian interference’. And not a peep about the billions and billions spent by the US to interfere in a gazillion nations politix.

    Its possibly the biggest hypocrisy-fest Ive ever seen in my life.

    So, its not about ‘individual posters guilt’. Its about MSM/government MASSIVE hypocrisy.

    w
    v

    in reply to: February general draft topic thread #82982
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Well if they dont take a Tackle in the first round, i sure as hell hope they find a solid tackle in free agency. Cause if not, they are just playin with fire.
    What are the odds Whitworth is ok for 16 more games? ESPECIALLY LATE in the Year when hes been banged up and worn down — ya know — around playoff time.

    w
    v

    in reply to: MSNBC on Jill Stein and the Russians… #82980
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Russiagate or Deep State?
    By John Feffer
    Source: Foreign Policy in Focus
    Znet:https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/russiagate-or-deep-state/
    ———————

    This is an interesting article. I did not agree with the author but he lists a lot of the russia-gate skeptics and tries to sum up their arguments. I especially didnt agree with the way he handled this part of his argument:

    “…Then there’s the argument that Russia wasn’t doing anything that the United States hadn’t done over the years. It’s certainly true that the United States has engaged in such conduct. So? It has also been involved in the assassination of foreign figures. Would that justify another country taking out the U.S. president? Do U.S. regime-change efforts in Afghanistan and Iraq justify another power taking over Washington DC and setting up a puppet government?

    It’s always useful to point out U.S. hypocrisy. But this should be done in order to reform U.S. policy — not to excuse other countries for acting in similarly reprehensible ways.

    Finally, let’s talk about the so-called Deep State….”

    I think that just totally minimizes what the US has done. I dont think a simple “So?” really works there. I could go on… 🙂

    w
    v

    in reply to: MSNBC on Jill Stein and the Russians… #82979
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    More Noam on the russia-thing. See handles the question exactly the way i like 🙂

    He goes right to the big-picture. The context. The hypocrisy of focusing on the russia thing…

    in reply to: MSNBC on Jill Stein and the Russians… #82978
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Noam on russia-gate. I agree with his view. He brings in the critical context.
    Yeltsin for example.

    in reply to: MSNBC on Jill Stein and the Russians… #82976
    Avatar photowv
    Participant

    Aaron Mate vs an ex-CIA agent on Russiagate. ( They both miss the point, to me) :

Viewing 30 posts - 6,661 through 6,690 (of 12,945 total)