Forum Replies Created

Viewing 30 posts - 1,201 through 1,230 (of 1,764 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Gamebook – Rams vs Lions #55503
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    2 big penalties on that Detroit drive… The offside that you noted and the PI.

    Both on 3rd and long…

    It is bad enough when a team converts on 3rd and long… but when aided by a penalty, it’s just a killer…

    I’m optimistic… offense is clicking….

    Rams need better pass pressure next week to give the secondary a chance against the NYG receivers…..

    in reply to: LIONS game reaction thread #55435
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    The play right before half came back to bite the Rams in the ass. That was a huge play in this game…

    Lions converted 4th downs, the Rams did not.

    I’m not saying that they should’ve kicked the FG, I’m saying convert a play to get 3 inches…

    Too bad for Case… threw in very heavy traffic to end the game.

    in reply to: Quick has come a long way to get back on track #55223
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    “””””Quick, Britt, and Austin have all done better than I expected.”””””

    In fairness to Britt, he really had no one at QB to compliment his ability while a Ram… he’s got the tools and strength that the Rams have lacked for the past dozen years….

    Quick, historically had the dropsies….. he has been a pleasant surprise this year…

    Austin, at 5′ 7″ (I don’t believe that he’s 5′ 9″) is a tough sell for me….I still don’t get him being drafted #8.

    I want Stedman Baily back…..

    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    Zooey, do you see yourself in the photo? I might have been sitting right across from your seats in the stadium….

    I dig that place and I very much want to go back for another game this season. the Bills game was really the only game that worked for our sch as well………..I’m hoping to find time for the Falcon’s game….., this will be a yearly event for us. we dug it and soaked it all in…..

    The game experience exceeded our expectations… I heard horror stories of traffic, heat exhaustion, etc from the Seattle game, but we got there early and left late, we where prepared for the beautiful 88 degree weather …….. like you, we hung out in the shade until kick off……..

    we parked in a USC campus garage and met another group at the tail gate lot… when we left the game, none of the attendants or police could tell us where Parking Structure 2 was, so we walked the campus until we came across our car lot….

    I watched the reply of the game last night… the main difference I noted from TV vs being live… The Bills QB looked better live than on TV……

    McCoy and the turnovers killed us….

    the Rams need to convert some of the drives into TDs… It seems that the Rams don’t have a good feel of calling effective plays in the redzone….. not thrilled of delay of game penalties by Case …..I could see the game clock 97 rows up, and Keenum had a brain freeze of time management during a crucial drive….

    Nice group of Rams fans around us, but I’m not sure they followed the team as deeply as we did while they were in STL… they didn’t know much about the player history prior to this season…..

    in reply to: Why does Fisher deserve an extension? #55006
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    Need to stop with the injury excuse. The Pats won without Tom Brady, even though it was it was not injury but suspension. Still with two backups, they went 3-1. Heck, Fisher blamed the fans for the failed faked punt

    Rams went 3-1 with a backup too…. Case is not a starter, he’s a been a fill in his entire career, including this season.

    Only 8 teams have a better record than the Rams do this season….at this point in time with Case Keenum as the helm…. I’ll take it.

    I’m losing my patience with Fisher too… but I think the Rams can win in Detroit and beat the G-Men in the UK.

    Rams need to start converting TDs in the redzone ……. too many drives went to waste against the Bills last Sunday…..

    in reply to: LA Report #54993
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    DOOD!! I was there on Sunday……

    I met up with Les (LSJ1962) from the herd board who scored us the tix and parking….. he had a great tailgate going….

    we were in row 97, one row from the very top….. field view on the 10 yard line… despite the distance from the field… the seats were actually pretty good………. we had blast despite the outcome and Fisher’s game day management…..

    I seen the Rams play in Seattle, Candlestick, Levi, Oakland and Anaheim…. now I’ve finally saw them at LA Coliseum, which is very cool, definitely old school.

    We drove down on Friday, stayed in Santa Barbara and Ventura and drove into on Sunday for the game, followed up the game with some cruising in Beverly Hills and drove home from Ventura on Monday…. I want to go back to another game this season……not many games to choose from left…. SF and Arizona is out of the question because I can’t go during the holidays…..maybe ATL or Miami.

    I’m trying to like Case, but he just doesn’t have the arm strength to throw the out routes……

    What happened to the fucking run defense???????

    WHOSE HOUSE???????????????

    in reply to: My view of the team so far #54607
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    Get well soon and stay active.

    I think Brit and Quick are just beginning to click.

    Take care of yourself….

    in reply to: NFL viewership is dropping #54566
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    “””””One explanation I heard is that there are just too many alternate ways to take in a game. You don’t have to sit down on Sunday and watch the live version with commercials. “””””

    I suspect the same reason, as this applies to me.

    in reply to: informal poll: can the Rams beat the Bills? #54537
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    it’s been 13 years since the Rams won 4 games in a row…

    Last year, they came close to winning 4 games in a row….. unfortunately, a blocked FG in OT at Levi denied the Rams……

    Bills do not have a good west coast record

    Fisher and the Ryan Sisters have a history that goes back to Chicago and Buddy…….

    Roberta Ryan left abruptly in 2013 to become DC in New Orleans…

    Buffalo defense very similar to Rams… give up yardage, but stingy with points…..

    13 years is a long time to wait to win 4 games in a row…..

    in reply to: Same ole rams…kinda. In a way. #54450
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    Yeah Gurley was clutch big time..I thought this was a huge play in the game… 3rd and 8, this Set up the game winning TD pass to Quick, otherwise the Rams would’ve settled for a tying FG…… Gurley made a nice step to stay inbounds, juke the defender and moved the chains… huge play in that game…his one handed catch was awesome too, Both Marshall-esq plays…

    This was huge:
    3rd and 8 at ARI 17
    (4:16 – 4TH) (SHOTGUN) C.KEENUM PASS SHORT RIGHT TO T.GURLEY TO ARZ 9 FOR 8 YARDS (K.MINTER; D.BUCANNON)

    in reply to: Same ole rams…kinda. In a way. #54448
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    A tipped ball here, a sack there.

    That’s the difference of the same ole.. The past 3 weeks the Rams have put themselves in position to win some close games by making those plays

    Only 1 team wins a game……and it’s the team that executes more plays …to consistently put themselves in position to get lucky with those
    tipped plays, stripped sack etc..

    Last season the Rams needed a striped sack or a lucky tipped pass in Minnesota, DC, Baltimore, GB, SF and vs Pitt…..those were all very winnable close games.

    The Rams need to continue to learn to put themselves in position to make those types plays…

    One same ole that hasn’t changed is Fisher’s staff gametime management decisions. to go for the 2 point conversion last week in Tampa. He did that shit in Minnesota last year…..the obvious reply challenges yesterday… Who is in the booth to tell Fish to challenge that?

    20 years in the league is too long to have a staff with choke brain fart decisions like that.

    in reply to: Rams beat ARZ reaction thread #54382
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    a big part of this team’s success has been about field position, with the help of special teams play.

    Punting and punt coverage….. Hekker has pinned opponents; yesterday 2 punts in the 4th qtr pinned AZ inside the 20 (1 inside the 10) I believe Hekker hasn’t punted a Touchback this year yet… one of those punts went to waste with the horse collar tackle, but ultimately resulted in an INT.

    Greg Zuerlein 5 for 5 in FGs thus far….. and perfect in XPs……he was difference vs Seattle and TB…. yesterday, his points were just as important.

    Defense played great… came up big….. I think Tru Jo’s int was inconclusive and shouldn’t have been overturned…. anyway, TJ put the game way with a fair catch int to end the game….

    Arizona’s defense is still tough and keyed on the Gurley, but the Rams still need to put drives together to consume the clock and put games away.

    Fisher needs to use his replay “get out of jail free cards” a bit more wisely……

    in reply to: this week's Goff commentaries #54117
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    in most cases, in the final week of preseason, most starters only play 1 or 2 series…

    If Goff quit while he was ahead after the 1st drive of his last preseason game I think fans and the media would be even more obsessed with wanting Goff to start……

    Goff was 4-5 with a nice TD pass to cap off the 1st drive in that final preseason game …. I was thinking to myself, “damn this guy looks pretty good” He looked good, calm confident and executed very well…..

    then a few series later, Goff suddenly turned into Alan Alda from the movie Paper Lion, (at least he didn’t run into the goal post)

    They’re 2-1, that’s what matters………..I bet George Allen wouldn’t start Goff either…..

    like WV said, the staff evaluate these QBs everyday, they know much better than we do…… in addition maybe they sense that Goff himself doesn’t feel ready……

    • This reply was modified 10 years ago by Avatar photojoemad.
    in reply to: a great drive from the Tampa game #54111
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    Gurley gained almost half his yards on the day on that drive…..

    6 carries on the drive, I think he only had 10 carries in the 1st half….

    in reply to: Can the Rams beat Arizona in Arizona? #54042
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    The STL Jilted bowl….. Cards vs Rams…..

    game will be on TV in STL…..

    TV Maps Week IV URL = http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=4

    in reply to: vid: final play, Quinn tackles Winston #54003
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    I like the way Winston was still pump faking with ball after he crossed the LOS….. Rams didn’t bite, nice play by Quinn…..

    in reply to: Debate comments? #54002
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    NPR debate Fact check…

    Donna… I am not sure that you or your base understands what a fact actually is………

    this is a pretty good link, easy to follow summary on the BS that was spun last night….

    fact check: URL = http://www.npr.org/2016/09/26/495115346/fact-check-first-presidential-debate

    in reply to: Debate comments? #53997
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    Same ole Candy Crawley moderator but in drag and black face last night. Argues against Trump about success of stop and frisk in NY, questions repeatedly about Trump minutia while never asking Hildabeast about Email scandal, Benghazi or the Clinton Foundation pay to play.

    I think Lester was a little too kind to Donna Trump.

    Next moderator needs a taser and keep Donna’s mouth shut the next time Orange Julius..err I mean Orange Julie interrupts a rebuttal.

    This ain’t twitter Donna, it’s a debate……..and sometimes you need to shut the fuck up……

    in reply to: When is Gurley going to get going #53922
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    Gurley, ……..defenses are keying on him, especially with a QB like Case that gives a strong perception that the Rams have a one dimensional run offense with a ROY in the backfield…..

    it was good to see the Rams remain patient with the run game even when they were down 20-10….. Gurley had 27 carries, only 10 or so in the 1st half… I thought that he was utilized well, especially in the 2nd half….

    Regarding Benny, he did convert the long 3rd and 17…it was a nice play call with the delayed handoff … that 22 yard run by Benny caught the Bucs off guard to get the 1st down that ultimately set up a 53 yarder by Zuerliner. Speaking Zuerline… he’s have a very solid year thus far… special teams was a big factor yesterday, Greg the Leg delivered and Aguayo for the Bucs did not…..

    just image if they still had Tre Mason…… Rams would be really deep at RB…

    in reply to: Win for Vin! #53706
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    A million great phrases, but it is his mastery of story-telling that truly set him above everyone else. He just knew how to do it. Interrupting the story to make the call, or picking the story up again after an inning change over, and what stories.

    Exactly. It’s not about those 5 great calls he made on the YouTube video, it’s the story telling between pitches.

    Thanks Vin for letting us know that Marquis Grissom was named after the car that his dad assembled, the Mercury Marquis, at the Ford plant. His dad liked the sound of the name so much that he named his 8th child Marquis….

    Personally I would have named him Mustang…

    in reply to: Win for Vin! #53629
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    I remember as a kid taking my dad’s transistor radio out to the backyard on summer evenings to listen to the Dodgers games. After sunset, I could pick up the LA station that broadcast the games.

    Vin Scully’s melodic and poetic voice painted my childhood. He is truly the best I ever heard, by far, and I will miss him.

    67 years calling Dodgers games. Do you know that that is half the history of the Giants? The Giants are 134 years old. Not quite half the history of the Dodgers, who have been around longer. But this is a guy who knew Jackie Robinson personally.

    Same here Zooey……KFI Los Angeles…… growing up in the 70’s one of my brothers was / is a big Dodger fan, so as the sun set to the west (got that Jared Goff?) which provided the right ionosphere layer allowing an optimal AM radio signal for us 400 miles north in Santa Clara, CA we’d pick up the Dodger games on our old Zenith AM radio on 640 AM on the dial

    just last Tuesday, I was thumbing through my Twitter feed shortly after my beloved Giants blew yet ANOTHER FUCKING SAVE opportunity, Vinnie Tweeted, “The Giants are driven to their knees again by the bullpen” ….. I thought to myself “FUCK YOU VIN SCULLY, you’re still great”…..

    • This reply was modified 10 years ago by Avatar photojoemad.
    in reply to: theory: 3rd down #53557
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    6 for 27 on 3rd downs in 8 qtrs of football…….

    in reply to: The Los Angeles Rams fan experience doesn't seem to be too great #53556
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    let me just say that st louis summers are way more unbearable compared to los angeles summers.

    that being said the rams should be more prepared in the future.

    you got that right…..

    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    Even when the Rams were really good in St.Louis and the Ed was packed full you didn’t see the crap you routinely see on both coasts. And heat exhaustion in 75 degrees temperature not happening.

    we’ll never know, since smart phones were not around when the Rams had their last winning season in STL.

    Heat exhaustion… let me just say that 95 degree dry California heat is no match for 80 degree heat with 91% STL humidity……. I know, I know…. it doesn’t apply to the climate control EJ dome that spawned the great staph infection of 2005 RIP Jack Snow….

    in reply to: The Los Angeles Rams fan experience doesn't seem to be too great #53496
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    Has there ever been an NFL game where there weren’t fights in the stands?

    Yes, Rams games in St. Louis.

    typically, you gotta have fans in the stands to actually see a fight…. not just fans from opposing teams packing the house in STL.

    unless…. you’re the Raiders… Woodson fan is a bit of cheap shot….

    check this out.

    in reply to: 7-9 bullshit game coming up ? #53421
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    The player’s body clock (LA PDT time) will be 10 AM in Tampa Bay at kick off….they better not give up some early scores,

    My bad……4PM EDT kick off, thus 1PM PDT body clock, 91 degrees with 80% humidity

    in reply to: 7-9 bullshit game coming up ? #53416
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    Rams still haven’t shed the 7-9 perception in Vegas….

    Today, Tampa Bay is favored by 5 over the RAMS.

    The player’s body clock (LA PDT time) will be 10 AM in Tampa Bay at kick off….they better not give up some early scores, I’m not sure they have a come-from-behind offense just yet…..

    in reply to: some sam bradford appreciation #53334
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    Good for Sam….

    The guy is very very accurate…..

    if only we could get Superman to turn back time to void that trade instead of saving Lois Lane………

    in reply to: First TD of 2016 #53331
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    The Rams win the coin toss next week, elect to kick, ……..

    I think a pick 6 against Famous Jameis would be fitting for the 2016 Rams first TD.

    in reply to: seattle game reaction thread #53322
    Avatar photojoemad
    Participant

    I love the low scoring games….every single down matters….

    Rams need to realize that defense wins championships, but offense wins games….

    sack

    sack

    facemask

    facemask

    jpg

    fumble

    fumble

    • This reply was modified 10 years ago by Avatar photojoemad.
    • This reply was modified 10 years ago by Avatar photojoemad.
Viewing 30 posts - 1,201 through 1,230 (of 1,764 total)