6-8 game suspension for Aldon Smith?

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Rams Huddle 6-8 game suspension for Aldon Smith?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zn

Report: 49ers bracing for 6-8 game suspension for Aldon Smith

by Mike Florio

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/07/report-49ers-bracing-for-6-8-game-suspension-for-aldon-smith/

Now that 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith has met with Commissioner Roger Goodell, the next step entails the dropping of the hammer. And for Smith, the so-called iron fist will hit a lot harder than it did with Ray Rice.

Via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, the 49ers currently are bracing for Goodell to suspend Smith for six-to-eight games.

Unlike Ray, Smith has committed multiple violations of the personal-conduct policy and the substance abuse policy. Earlier this year, Smith pleaded no contest to weapons charges and DUI charges. In 2012, Smith resolved another DUI case with a guilty plea to reckless driving.

Smith also faced an allegation that he made a false report of a bomb threat in the security line at LAX. Despite multiple reports that no charges would be pursued, Smith recently traveled to Los Angeles for a hearing aimed at wrapping up that case. Typically, attendance at a hearing isn’t required if nothing will come of a potential criminal matter. And if anything came of the matter, it’s another incident by Smith under the personal-conduct policy.

The personal-conduct policy is aimed at dispensing extra punishment to repeat offenders. Once Goodell issues a ruling, Smith will have the ability to appeal the outcome back to Goodell.

Cal
    Participant

I’m rooting for an 8 game suspension. Smith would miss both games against the Rams if Goodell suspends him for 8 games.

joemad
    Participant

Bowman with a bum knee and Aldon out half the season…. some serious kinks in the SF D.

zn

Bowman with a bum knee and Aldon out half the season…. some serious kinks in the SF D.

You;re there, on the scene. Our advanced patrol.

How is Justin Smith doing these days.

Cal
    Participant

I watched a little of the Ravens vs. 9ers game and I thought heard the announcers say that J Smith hasn’t suited up for practice yet.

He didn’t play at all in the first game.

I can’t wait for age to catch up with that guy. He’s kicked the Rams asses over the years.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.