5 penalties + 1 turnover … Bux game assessments

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Rams Huddle 5 penalties + 1 turnover … Bux game assessments

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Winnbrad
    Participant

5 penalties, 1 turnover. A very clean game by Rams standards. And lo and behold they pull out a win.

I watched most of the game on a sluggish web feed, but it was good enough to see improvement in this team.

With the exception of the opening drive by Tampa, the defense played a clean game. They got busted up on some running plays, but I thought the secondary played well. They certainly tackled better and delivered some nice clean shots.

Austin Davis looked jittery, but he’s not afraid to hang in and take chances downfield. If he improves, the Rams might actually crack .500.

Pass blocking was frightening at times.

Special teams were simply outstanding. The best in the NFL this Sunday, imo.

The WRs are stepping up their game. Quick actually looks like a legit #1. 9 catches last week, 7 today. Fantastic. HUGE catch by Pettis. That’s a playmaker.

The run blocking looked good. Very good, sometimes.

A win is a win, especially on the road.

Seattle lost.

Twas a good Sunday.

InvaderRam

the run defense is horrible. they have to get that squared away.

i agree with everything you say though. especially the receivers.

InvaderRam

also gotta say mcdonald has impressed me. so has gaines.

on the other hand, ogletree has been disappointing. i was expecting more from brockers but maybe injuries are slowing him down.

frankly i thought it’d be the other way around. i thought i’d be more disappointed in the secondary.

21Dog
    Participant

Weren’t three of the five penalties on the first drive of the game?

Dak
    Participant

Take away the horse collar tackle by Sims (which was a terrible penalty, because they had the RB stopped) and that roughing the passer call (a terrible call … the QB hit his head on his own O-lineman’s backside), and that takes away drives that accounted for 10 of Tampa’s points. OTOH, the D just didn’t do well against the run again, and hasn’t made many impact plays. I was also very disappointed in giving Tampa a chance to win with that long pass down the middle of the field. Maybe Tampa couldn’t clock the ball in time if not for the Evans “injury” 10-second run-off, but how do you let a guy get that wide open with so many guys dropped back into the secondary?

I expect the defense to get better. They have to, or else we’re looking at a team clawing to beat other bad teams, and hoping to stay in games against good teams.

As for McDonald, he was player of the game just with his special teams work. He certainly looks like a real player at safety, too.

InvaderRam

this is the way i see it.

rams two biggest problems at this point.

1. run defense.
    2. offensive line.

get those two sorted, and i really think everything else falls into place.

that and making sure no more qbs go down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.