101, 2/11 … Jason Cole on the Bradford issue

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Rams Huddle 101, 2/11 … Jason Cole on the Bradford issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zn

Jason Cole joined Kevin Wheeler to talk about Bradford’s future, his market should he get cut, why he has leverage, and the only way the Rams and Bradford gets a deal done. They also discussed the decision Manning has in front of him and his thoughts on the Rams, Kroenke.

TackleDummy
    Participant

I am in complete agreement with Jason Cole.

A lot of posters are for just cutting Bradford. And I can see their reasoning. But if he is cut he will get just as good a deal elsewhere. There are too many teams out there who are desperate for a quarterback who will bid for Bradford. He would get more money as a free agent than he would in playing out his contract. So if the Rams want to keep Bradford they will either have to pay his current contract for one year and see what happens or they will have to offer him a contract that will be a better deal than he now has.

If they play Bradford under his current contract they run the risk of him having a breakout year and then having to pay him big bucks next year.

If they give him a multiple year contract that would give Bradford more guaranteed money than 13M they run the risk of Bradford getting hurt again and wasting that money. But it might be worth the risk if that guaranteed money is spread out over several years. And Bradford has to agree on this solution.

If they cut him the Rams lose any chance of taking advantage of a resurgent Bradford.

There is no sure answer. The Rams (and Bradford) have to take their choice.

JackPMiller
    Participant

I was wondering, if Bradford did hit the market, teams would line up for his services. It got me thinking, how much would it save, if we traded him instead. Tampa Bay for example, to make sure they secure his services, would trade us the first pick of the draft, and we get back our 4th rounder(from the Mark Barron trade), in return, we give them the 10th pick and Sam Bradford. Then we can draft Jameis Winston. Just a thought. Of course this is if Sam Bradford plays hardball, and says no to any contract deal.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.