80% playoff chance if Rams win 3 straight

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Rams Huddle 80% playoff chance if Rams win 3 straight

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joemad
    Participant

Rams Playoff calculator

URL https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/los-angeles-rams-nfl-playoff-picture.html

By Josh Katz, Kevin Quealy and Rumsey Taylor
    Nov. 28, 2019 Updated 4:14 p.m. ET
    The Los Angeles Rams (6-5) lost to the Baltimore Ravens on Monday, dropping their chances of making the playoffs to 16 percent from 27 percent.
    The table below represents the Rams’ remaining games. Pick a winner and see what happens to the Rams’ playoff chances:

As you pick winners, the colors on some games will change, reflecting their relative importance for a Rams postseason berth.
    Or explore other possibilities, like a first-round bye or a division title, right here:
    choose scenario…
    win the division
    get a wild card
    get a bye
    get a #1 seed
    get a #2 seed
    get a #3 seed
    get a #4 seed
    get a #5 seed
    get a #6 seed
    make the playoffs

The tables below represent every N.F.L. game remaining. Pick winners and explore which games matter most to the Rams’ chances.

About the simulator
    With 79 games remaining, there are about 604 sextillion different ways the N.F.L. regular season could end. How many of those put the Rams in the playoffs? Far too many to check by hand.
    So we built this simulator. Most calculators force you to choose the winners of each remaining game. Here, you can choose the outcomes of just a few games and see how your team’s chances grow or shrink. (For more information about this simulator, check out our post from 2016.)
    We estimate odds by randomly simulating the remainder of the season thousands of times and counting how often the Rams make the playoffs.
    If you don’t specify an outcome for a particular game, we use Sagarin ratings to estimate each team’s chances of winning. (For simplicity, we assume each game has a small chance of ending in a tie.)
    Explore other teams
    This page is most useful for Rams fans, but you may use this tool to explore scenarios for any team on the playoff bubble

zn

JM–I caught this, but the board read that post as spam for some reason but as I said I caught it and published it.

I don’t know why some things get marked as spam when they’re not. But believe me, the worse alternative is to have no spam filter.

nittany ram

Of course, there’s only a 7% chance the Rams win their next three games. 😉

JackPMiller
    Participant

Except the Vikings & Packers are two games ahead of us. One of them will win the Division, the other we need to start to go on a major losing streak as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.