7/27 camp reports (4)

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Rams Huddle 7/27 camp reports (4)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    zn

RevFarrakhan

link to Rev’s (great) pics: http://www.realramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=82408

Example:

rv

Pettis v. Joyner

Another lucky day in terms of weather, sunny and 90 with a strong breeze. Probably the biggest turnout today so far in terms of fans.

– Williams has the defense doing all of their drills on the middle field where its very difficult to see what’s going on until the units come together later in practice, hence more focus on the offense in these reports so far.

– In general, I feel like the safeties and linebackers are doing very well in coverage so far, but I’m a little worried about the corners.

– No one else but Austin has fielded a single punt so far in camp.

====================
    theHammer

camp report 7/27

random thoughts

think Quick caught has many passes today all the other wr’s combined…threw to him early and often and he dominated…

remember the old line fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me and fooling me a 3rd time makes me a blithering idiot… at the risk of being a blithering idiot sure looks like the lightbulb has finally come on for Quick…….not just how aggresive he is on the field but his demeanor…finally showing some strut/ego on the field..watching that lineup off Quick, Britt and Austin in the slot sure didn’t suck…

Pettus and Givens are the forgotten men in 1st/2nd team drills….notice they huddle together on the sidelines..misery loves company

Pettus did beat Joyner 4/5 times deep today..I’d be worried if I didn’t know Pettus has 4.2 speed

Woodard out and McGee in with the 1st team..with the same results(bad)..know you have cb depth issues when you see Matt Daniels getting plenty of work at nickle cb…least he is smart enough to know the playbook

suggest not waiting if you want a Sammy Brown, Greg Reid or Mitchell Van Dyke or Morrell autograph

Tre Mason put on an elite jumpcut in 11 v 11….Zac Stacy did the same earlier…great vison and quick feet can take you a long way as a rb

Wells still MIA…Barnes has graduated from having to stand next to all the udfa types to standing and chatting with Saffold and Long…ditto Barksdale

Bradford did a good job of scrambling and made some very nice throws in small widows…brought a sigh of relief out of me

.figure either Saffold or Robinson will slide out if Long can’t go..Joseph is a nice insurance policy

Phillip Steward has really caught my eye…looks like a keeper..

Kendricks looks like he might of lost some muscle/size but looks faster/quicker

later rd guys players who caught my eye Gaines, Bayer, Cunningham, Bond, Brodine( as a te), Conrath, Marcus Robeson, Daniels and Cody Davis

scary how bad we look at cb with Johnson out…wonder if Gaines will get 1st team reps if Johnson still out next Tuesday..he deserves it

thought J Jenkins had the worst practice of his career…never beaten bad BUT seldom made a play on the ball either…shades of Ty Hill

———

RamGal

Great weather and another nice crowd today. I’d say in the 1500 range, but that’s just by eyeballing it.

Kurt Warner in the house, broadcasting live from training camp. I was by the NFL tent all night, which was by the near end zone, next to the building. Kurt is still the same…very businesslike, but friendly. A number of Rams staff were coming by to shake his hand, and say hello. Kurt also spent a LOT of time with Les Snead. No Brenda Warner in sight today.

Kevin Demoff was also at practice. He looks like he’s aged to me…this was even from two years ago, which was the last time I met him in person.

Lots of media on hand, many of the STL boys, MKilcoyne, SSevard, Balzer, TSoftli, RKarraker. Didn’t see JThomas though.

No TJOhnson, or either of the Longs on the field today.

The team did a lot of short yardage and goal line work today. Again, the defense is still ahead of the offense.

Sam moving around well again, hit on some throws and missed on others. He’s still rusty in my opinion. He stared down the receiver a few times too. The crowd where I was called him out on it.

KBritt made several nice catches today…and let everybody know about it. This guy jabbers, jabbers, jabbers. He has the same amount of energy as THolt, but in a more “kiss my ass” way.

BQuick made a NICE grab in the end zone for a TD. The crowd acted like he’d just scored the winning TD against Seattle. Lots of applause and hoots for Quick.

Several different formations on O today. Saw sets with KBritt, and BQuick lined with up with two tight ends – Cook and Kendricks. Saw the empty backfield too, with Stacy on the opposite side of Britt/Quick.

When you see Britt, Quick, and Cook on the field together, this offense looks really BIG. Cook and Kendricks are the 1 and 2 TES. Others are rotated in. The kid Justice Cunningham got a number of opportunities today.

They ran a number of plays with TAustin out of the backfield.

GGilbert gets a significant amount of reps, more than Hill or Davis. They have a plan for this kid.

GRobinson played LT and guard. He got a few false starts, once at the goal line, the crowd let him know it.

Saffold also played LT today.

I don’t know what TJMoe is doing on this team, because he certainly isn’t practicing. He stands on the sidelines with his helmet off, and his hair flowing in the wind.

JDunbar had a number of reps today, playing with JL and AO. No way he gets cut from the team. He made two very nice plays in short yardage, one break-up of a TD pass. He talks to JL all of the time and to his other teammates. Nobody has shunned him at all.

I don’t know about JJenkins. This guy has lost something in my book, but I don’t know what. He’s serious enough, always watching, watching, watching the play on the field, even with the back-ups. But, he just get beat too much. Maybe they move TJohnson over to the #1, and JJ to the #2?

MSam still getting work with the backups and on special teams. He’s got his mind on football and making the team. There is no distraction from him, or because of him, and he appears to be accepted. I saw him talking to his teammates on the sidelines.

GWilliams continues to be vocal on the field. Today, he was shouting: “Hurry up, hurry up.” “Faster, Faster!” “The play is over, get back into the huddle!”

The special teams are solid. JH and GZ are both still booming the ball. The punter returners are: 1- TAustin and 2-IPead. I would be surprised to see Pead cut. He plays on special teams and got a number of opportunities at rb.

If this team isn’t there yet, it’s VERY close.

That’s all off the top of my head, folks. If I think of something else I’ll post it. I’ll try and add photos tonight. I’m going to FanFest on Aug 2. and will report again after practice.

==========

KnowBody

all in all a great day to be outside, especially outside watching our beloved Rams

Mason has elite ability, stuff you cannot teach.. i love his mental toughness, i saw it today on the practice field by the persistence that he demonstrated by not letting a slow start equal a bad finish.. he didn’t give up, and he made some explosive runs towards the end there

love EJ Gaines.. as of right now, he looks better than Joyner… not saying that Joyner looks bad, it’s just Gaines is finding the football more regularly, and being that Williams is constantly screaming, ball, ball, ball, when a receiver catches the ball, i think that’s pretty important…

Phillip Steward is one to concentrate some attention from here on out.. he seems to have that it factor, the immeasurable instinct, that, just that..

Maurice Alexander and TJ McDonald are going to be the punishers.. dont sleep on McLeod though, he is a playmaker.. i love the way Daniels plays the game.. i hope he makes the team..

Quick, one thing i have always noticed about him at these camps, is that he is always trying to learn from someone, whoever is there.. i think Britt is the last influence that Quick needed to break the unbearable wall between his potential and production.. that play that he made in the back of the endzone with JJ draped on him would have been a TD and 1.. yellow flag that is

another guy that caught my eye was ufda #82, Alex Bayer.. he has a knack for finding openings, and when he did, he caught the ball, he pretty much swarmed the ball with his hands, while protecting them from intruders.. i am rooting him for make the team

InvaderRam

i think the offensive line and the running backs are what i’ll be paying attention to most this preseason.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.