2018 Rams: lose/lose situation?

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Rams Huddle 2018 Rams: lose/lose situation?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    PA Ram
    Participant

Let’s assume the Rams win the Superbowl.

Will everyone say–well, yeah–but it was a bought and paid for dream team? Will that take some of the shine off of it? Of course everyone acquires free agents and trades for players but you’d be hard pressed to find a team that did what THIS team did this year.

Look–if they lose everyone will say it was a disaster. There is no LOSING the Superbowl for THIS team. Anything less than a Lombardi will be a huge disappointment.

But if they win–will everyone say–they bought it.

And as a Rams fan will you care? How will YOU feel about it?

Will it FEEL like the GSOT?

Or something different?

The GSOT certainly had stars. They had Faulk and he was a trade.

The had free agent linemen.

They had free agents on defense too including Superbowl hero Mike Jones.

But none of it felt this splashy. This big.

I don’t suspect anyone knows how they will feel about this but most fans are certainly excited right now.

As for me. I just want to see them win another Superbowl right now. I’m nearly 56. I don’t know how many more I’ll get to see so yes–win now. Get another ring. I’ll find a way to enjoy it. 🙂

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. " Philip K. Dick

InvaderRam

if this was major league baseball and there was no hard salary cap, i might tend to agree with that. but they have to work within a real budget. so no. i can’t really say they bought this team.

and if the rams lose aaron donald as a result, i will be pissed. they need to sign donald. i’d like if they could sign at least one of peters or cooks long-term. preferably both. but not at the expense of gurley and goff. although i realize that’ll be hard. but one of either peters or cooks and then donald. with enough cap space to fit gurley and goff? that would be fine.

i just want to see that they have a long-term plan. and right now. i’m losing faith that they’ll be able to extend donald. and that would be a travesty. transcendent player that donald.

nittany ram

As for me. I just want to see them win another Superbowl right now. I’m nearly 56. I don’t know how many more I’ll get to see so yes–win now. Get another ring.

Well Pa, I got news for you.

You’re still a relatively young man. You can expect to be following this team for perhaps another 25 to 30 years. So time really isn’t an issue yet.

Not sure if the prospect of two and a half to three more decades of this should excite or disappoint you, but there it is…

zn

Let’s assume the Rams win the Superbowl.

Will everyone say–well, yeah–but it was a bought and paid for dream team?

Well first who cares.

But second this isn’t the first time a team has added to a solid roster the way the Rams have.

Denver in 2015, their superbowl year, had these free agents on the team: Emmanuel Sanders, Louis Vasquez (a good free agent guard), Evan Mathis (another good free agent guard), Owen Daniels (a good free agent TE), Demarcus Ware, Aqib Talib (signed from New England), and of course Peyton Manning (who was not the player he was but had value as a smart veteran and leader).

JackPMiller
    Participant

and if the rams lose aaron donald as a result, i will be pissed. they need to sign donald. i’d like if they could sign at least one of peters or cooks long-term. preferably both. but not at the expense of gurley and goff. although i realize that’ll be hard. but one of either peters or cooks and then donald. with enough cap space to fit gurley and goff? that would be fine.

i just want to see that they have a long-term plan. and right now. i’m losing faith that they’ll be able to extend donald. and that would be a travesty.

We will get Donald extended. They know how important he is.

Zooey
    Participant

I agree with Invader. There’s a salary cap. And the Rams weren’t the only team with room under the cap. Besides which… most of the additions to the players they drafted were via trade, not FA. Who was a FA? Suh?

That doesn’t resemble the Steinbrenner Yankees.

PA Ram
    Participant

Look, people, I’m trying very hard to
    Find something to be miserable about in all this joy.

Don’t take that from me.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. " Philip K. Dick

zn

Look, PA, I;m sorry. I really am. But the hard cold inescapable facts of the matter are this: because of the Rams dizzyingly proactive off-season, Rams fans really and genuinely DO have reasonable grounds to anticipate something good this year.

You’re just going to have to adjust to that.

It’s the bitter, hard, cold reality, and you might as well just learn to live with it.

canadaram
    Participant

Don’t take that from me.

Understood. I’m already folding under the pressure of increased expectations.

JackPMiller
    Participant

Before anyone gets too excited, the Eagles will still be considered the favorites out of the NFC. That is they will look at it, they won with Nick Foles, to the media, they will say, just think what the Eagles can do with Carson Wentz, in these playoffs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.