200 bucks to stream games live on your computer

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Rams Huddle 200 bucks to stream games live on your computer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zn

NFL, DirecTV to Offer Streaming Packages of Live Games

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/7/16/5910161/nfl-directv-live-stream-st-louis-rams

The NFL and DirecTV will break ground with packages to stream games directly to your computer, mobile device or gaming console this season…for a price.
    This is big. Not just big news big or big business big but all of those and then more big. Real big.

The NFL and DirecTV, nearing the end of their exclusivity deal in 2015 [https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp], will offer live streaming of out of market games this season with packages starting at…$200. Click that link to see what devices will be supported (surprisingly, a lot) and if yours will be able to feed your Rams crack addiction this season.

Now we’re of a certain breed here, TSTers. We’re football fans. Big football fans. You’re reading NFL news in the middle of July when there is no NFL news unless we’re talking about guys breaking the law. Or hot takes courtesy of Pro Football Talk or ESPN (soft, he says!). But you’re here. So $200 for you is very different than the casual fan who likely watches a local team play so as to not be completely ostracized when he/she doesn’t have anything to add to the office conversation on Monday.

It’s not nothing though. Two hundred dollars is not a small bill in this economy, and the business ramifications of this are incredibly significant for a behemoth like the NFL.

The bottom line? Fans like myself who can’t get DirecTV and don’t live in a market that’s showing the Rams have a way to watch live.

The future is here, and it includes more Rams football. That, ultimately, is good no matter how you look at it…even if it does cost a car payment.

Herzog
    Participant

I’m totally excited about this. Now I can watch the game even on days my wife forces me to go shopping with her. SWEET!!

sdram
    Participant

My sons and I split the DTV deal last season. I have the satellite tv feed of Ram and every other game every week(except the viking and broncos becuase they’re my local TV market games) and the boys use the remote device feed in a different city on their pc and phone’s I think. So, I think that was available last season to DTV satellite subscribers or at least a version of it was available.

Non DTV subscribers coudldn’t get it last year from what I understand.

PA Ram
    Participant

It tells me I’m ineligible, unfortunately.

“Now you can stream live, out-of-market NFL games on your favorite device without a DIRECTV satellite TV subscription if you live in an apartment building where DIRECTV service is not available, attend one of these universities, or live in the following metro areas: New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco.”

Maybe next year.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. " Philip K. Dick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.