101 – Tony Banks on the GSOT

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Rams Huddle 101 – Tony Banks on the GSOT

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zn

Tony Banks joins the Fast Lane to talk to his former teammate about being young, playing for the Rams, his start to his career, the jealously of watching the greatest show on turf, and not being a believer of Kurt Warmer, as well as winning a Super Bowl in Baltimore.

zn

Says Bradford seems to lack courage.

wv
    Participant

So we have a former player saying Bradford is “soft”
    and a former NFL QB saying Bradford lacks ‘courage’.

w
    v

zn

w
    v

Here’s my response. Would anyone think either thing if they had not heard those words from 2 guys?

In this vid, watch Bradford on the throw to Cook starting at 5:55 in. That’s against Houston, which ended the season as a top 7 defense and before the Rams game was ranked 2nd.

joemad
    Participant

wow what a dickhead… in the interview he underestimated Warner, McGloyn and says Bradford lacks courage. Says Warner success was because of Faulk, where was Faulk with Warner played in AZ? This coming from a guy that when he was replaced at QB by the RAMS and the RAVENS each team won a Super Bowl,

cut by 5 NFL teams and lead the league in fumbles with 21 with the RAMS.

fuck him.

wv
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wv wrote:</div>

w
    v

Here’s my response. Would anyone think either thing if they had not heard those words from 2 guys?

In this vid, watch Bradford on the throw to Cook starting at 5:55 in. That’s against Houston, which ended the season as a top 7 defense and before the Rams game was ranked 2nd.

<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/kl2CmsTjjTY?feature=oembed&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”360″ width=”640″></iframe>

I dunno. I wish the celebrity-interviewers would ask FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS. Ya know. Like “tell us more” and “what exactly do you mean?” and “why do you say that?” and “Did you think those things about Eli before his big year?” and “What about the OLine and WR situatons?” Etc, etc, etc.

I have talked about my questions about Bradford’s “Pocket presence” for a long time,
    so I’m not surprised by what his critics say. I dont think its a ‘courage’ issue.
    Not sure what ‘softness’ means, exactly. I tend to think critics minimize the
    OLine and WR issues he’s had. And the change in coaches and systems.

I also think analysts like to see Rothlisberger-type plays in the clutch. They
    like to see a QB escape the rush with his own moves. And then make big plays with
    his arm. That takes Arm skills, leg skills, and Escapability Skills, or “pocket-awareness” skills.
    I’m just not sure what to think of Bradford’s “pocket awareness” skills. I’m just not sure.
    At times he’s looked good and at time’s I’ve gone “hmmmm.”

In general though, i think he can be a low to mid 90’s QB. Which is good enough to “win” with.
    Dunno if its good enough to win it “all” with. No-one knows, of course.

w
    v

TSRF
    Participant

I liked Tony Banks as a player when he first started with the Rams. By the end, though, especially the last game I saw (ironically, I think it was against Baltimore), it was if he was moving in slow motion and everybody knew where the ball was going before it got there.

I still think Sam has the potential to be great, and it seems like they are building a team around him that will allow him to be great.

I can’t wait for this season; it should be fun.

Winnbrad
    Participant

Tony Banks, benched for Trent Dilfer. That’s all I need to know about Banks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.