2 possibilities for head coach

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Rams Huddle 2 possibilities for head coach

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    zn

1. I like the Giants defense this year. So, whoever their coordinator is ought to be a good head coach.

2. Everyone likes the Dallas offense. So, whoever coordinates that offense, he ought to be a good head coach too.

Zooey

I’d say get Bill Belichik.

The Rams destroyed one of the satanic coaches. Get the other one in here, and ruin his career, too.

wv
    Participant

I’d say get Bill Belichik.

The Rams destroyed one of the satanic coaches. Get the other one in here, and ruin his career, too.

————

How many years does the new coach get to Rebuild?

Can we say the “R” word now?

w
    v

Agamemnon

I read that everybody and his cousin is lining up to coach the Rams. Maybe even Gruden? I don’t know that he is a favorite of mine, but why not? Anyways, it will be interesting to see how a new set of eyes looks at the Rams.

PS. I want a coach without a mustache.

Agamemnon

zn

How many years does the new coach get to Rebuild?

Can we say the “R” word now?

No this is no rebuild. They have the qb, a large number of TEs and WRs to chose from, a lot of young linemen some of whom can be groomed, guys who have been extended like Austin, and on defense, Donald, Brockers, Tree, McDonald, Joyner, Johnson, maybe Jordan, plus Hekker. Maybe Quinn. Some of those types are stars or stars in the making, and some are the good solid citizen middle class type you keep and win with. It’s a lot either way.

TSRF
    Participant

Zack, you stole my thunder. I was going to suggest that Giants’ DC. He put on quite the clinic last night. What a great bunch of DB’s he has! You can tell how much they like to play for him by the effort they put out. Especially that one with dreads…

JackPMiller
    Participant

There are individuals I that I like to be our Head Coach, but not in any order, or would not mind per say.

1. Teryl Austin DC Detroit Lions

2. Jim Bob Cooter OC Detroit Lions

3. Darrell Bevell OC Seattle Seahawks

4. Ken Norton Jr. DC Oakland Raiders

5. Kyle Shanahan OC Atlanta Falcons

6. Urban Meyer HC Ohio State(sleeper, if OSU wins national title).

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by JackPMiller.
    InvaderRam

1. I like the Giants defense this year. So, whoever their coordinator is ought to be a good head coach.

2. Everyone likes the Dallas offense. So, whoever coordinates that offense, he ought to be a good head coach too.

hey, wait a second. you’re a mischievous one, aren’t you?

nittany ram

Actually I didn’t think Spags should have been fired in the first place.

And now he’s a little more seasoned. He’s had time to reflect. Take stock.

He’s ready. I’m ready.

Time for the Spaniard 2.0.

Eternal Ramnation
    Participant

Brian Billick would be interesting.

PressureD41
    Participant

I for one do whatever it takes to get Jim Harbaugh, despite how much I hated his sideline act. He’s built a winner wherever he’s been. offer him whatever he wants. He would enjoy battling Pete gun fucking chewing’ Carroll and a crack to beat up on the whiners twice yearly.

David Shaw (I mean funny he was at Rams headquarters a few weeks ago)Hmmmmm

If thats not possible I would talk to TOM COUGHLIN, he could run a war room and help rebuild this Org. from the ground up.

then a drop off IMHO
    ———————————————————–

Kyle Shanny, just not sure he’s truly ready yet. But I think Goff & Gurley would do good under him. I think he better have a great OL coach and a proven QB coach & DC, ya know some vets to help him along for the first year or so.

Matt Patricia Like how he’s gotten the most out his players and he calls a good game. Oh and he’s smart lol

Anthony Lynn players love him, his body of work is growing. Could be a great hire ala Tomlin in Pitt.

Coaches I don’t want:

Jon Gruen Not a fan, and I think for a so called QB guru he ruined more than helped

Boy Wonder McDaniels, I would be chewing my nails wondering if he’s truly changed for the better. But he could be a winner, I wonder if he could bring a real good coaching staff.

After that, any other coordinator hire would be a massive debacle and would say more about not truly fixing things upstairs imho.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by PressureD41.
    PA Ram
    Participant

Do you bring in a young gun–someone with little experience but with energy and fresh ideas? Or do you bring in an established old warhorse–a guy who comes with a history and experience and has been here before?

As for the fresh faces? No idea. They are all just names. No one can say how they’d do with the HC position. But when you make a change you roll the dice. He has to be a leader though–someone these young guys will respect and listen to.

As for the old warhorse–it has to be someone with a good record–a guy who hasn’t let the game pass him by. A guy who can inspire these young players without pissing them off.

Whoever comes in is replacing a coach who was loved. If they are going to create a new type of environment–maybe more disciplined or “less fun”, he will have to do it the right way or risk losing them early.

The challenge is big.

But the RIGHT guy can turn this around quickly, IMO.

So who should they hire?

Well….the RIGHT guy, of course.

Those of you calling for the WRONG guy, don’t have a clue–in my opinion. I can promise you…if they hire the WRONG guy we will all regret this next year at this time and agree what a mistake they made.

So trust me…please. They need the RIGHT guy. They really do.

And I hope that’s who they hire.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. " Philip K. Dick

zn

Those of you calling for the WRONG guy, don’t have a clue–in my opinion. I can promise you…if they hire the WRONG guy we will all regret this next year at this time and agree what a mistake they made.

So trust me…please. They need the RIGHT guy. They really do.

And I hope that’s who they hire.

Like you I am skeptical about coaching hire discussions. My entire time on the net discussing the Rams, I have never seen a coaching hire discussion that was as good as posters get discussing personnel.

All I really know at this point, personally, are the guys whose personalities rub me the wrong way. And whose personalities I know were bad on the job. That includes McDaniels, Harbaugh and Gruden. And I could be wrong about that, maybe one of them changed.

I don’t want to shadow discussions like that with my constant skepticism. But…my 2 cents is that reporters, “insiders,” and fans just are not equipped to have coaching hire discussions that are as good as player discussions.

sanbagger
    Participant

David Shaw (I mean funny he was at Rams headquarters a few weeks ago)Hmmmmm

I can’t get that out of my head. What was that all about? If they were talking about a possible HC gig while Fish was still in the building…man that’s pretty bad IMO.

Then a couple weeks later…goodbye Fish.

I’m gonna double down on that Hmmmmmmmm.

zn

I can’t get that out of my head. What was that all about? If they were talking about a possible HC gig while Fish was still in the building…man that’s pretty bad IMO.

Word out there was that FISHER invited Shaw AND the entire coaching staff. They watched a practice.

Fisher was fine with SK btw until the recent series of blow-out losses. Demoff made that very clear.

zn

mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL
    Source very close to Jim Harbaugh just texted me: “Jim isn’t leaving Michigan. He may never leave Michigan.”

sanbagger
    Participant

Word out there was that FISHER invited Shaw AND the entire coaching staff. They watched a practice

That would make sense….Just I didn’t get to read an article about it…just heard he visited the Rams. Very “special ops” stuff I thought.

JackPMiller
    Participant

Source very close to Jim Harbaugh just texted me: “Jim isn’t leaving Michigan. He may never leave Michigan.”

He is making $9 million a year. So why would he leave? We would have to give him $15 million for him to consider.

nittany ram

Of course with a major bowl game still to play he wouldn’t say anything else.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.