47 Meters Down

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Public House 47 Meters Down

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PA Ram
    Participant

Now THIS was a good movie.

Honestly, I did have a great time watching this today. It’s a highly stressful film to watch and when a film like this does that it has done its job. The sharks are not really the stars of this film though. Yes they play a big role but the real subject is isolation, being trapped, being alone, being lost. The film picks at those things very well. Even when the girls get on the boat and look at this rusty old cage, I’m thinking, “Hell no.” While one character is more hesitant that the other their motivations are well explained. It makes sense that they embark on this sketchy adventure and I can see being in a certain mindset that would lead to that.

It isn’t an “acting” film really–it’s a “fear” film. But the acting is good enough with Claire Holt and Mandy Moore. The last film like this I saw was “The Shallows” and I hated it. This doesn’t push the CGI to crazy levels. Everything looks legit.

How realistic would this all be?

Who knows. But within the context of the story it worked fine.

It looks great on the big screen too. A good film to see on the big screen.

Anyway–yes–two thumbs up. Loved it.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. " Philip K. Dick

nittany ram

Ok, against my better judgement, I’m seeing it tomorrow – based on YOUR recommendation, PA.

So don’t let me down.

I saw “It Comes At Night” yesterday. A neat, little psychological thriller that I would recommend.

PA Ram
    Participant

Ok, against my better judgement, I’m seeing it tomorrow – based on YOUR recommendation, PA.

So don’t let me down.

I saw “It Comes At Night” yesterday. A neat, little psychological thriller that I would recommend.

Oh–you’ll thank me for this one.

IF you have good taste. We shall see. 🙂

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. " Philip K. Dick

wv
    Participant

PA Ram
    Participant

WV, that is an insane shark story. If someone tells me I have to SWIM to the shark cage I’m finding another boat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.