1979 season highlights

Recent Forum Topics Forums The Rams Huddle 1979 season highlights

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zn

joemad
    Participant

NFL films is great……. the music, the slo mo, the narrators (I always preferred Harry Kalas’s voice over John Facenda’s “Voice of God” on film narration)

Game of the Week
    This is the NFL
    This Week in NFL Football

As a kid in the 1970’s, I looked forward to fall Saturday afternoons to watch a 1 to 3 minute segment of Rams high lights on that show…. Brookshier and Summeral…. that was gold.

I sometimes binge on youtube watching the old 1970’s Games of the Week. no matter the team(s)

One of the first NFL Games of the Week I remember was the Colts vs Cowboys super bowl with the O’Brien FG…. they cut the audio when the game winning kick was made…..all you heard was the thump of the ball being kicked as it sailed in Slo Mo though the uprights…… the crowd gradually got louder while the Colts celebrated victory…. Coincidentally, my brother and I received that Tudor electric football game featuring that Super Bowl for Christmas in the early 70’s…..

but the football follies, I could do without… not so good…..

Zooey
    Participant

I don’t recall that many injuries on the 79 team. I remember their record, of course, and how they were not as dominant as they had been in previous seasons, but I didn’t remember all those injuries.

At QB they went through Haden, Ferragamo, Rutledge, and Bob Lee. Wow.

Great defense. Just love that Seattle game. I can’t imagine that record will ever be broken.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.